PS4 Pro $290 @ Target.com on 12/11 ONLY (NOT CONFIRMED; YMMV)

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
* THIS IS NOT A CONFIRMED DEAL BUT HAS HUGE POTENTIAL *

Beginning next week Sony is offering a $50 discount to all PS4 Pro systems (including bundles) at participating retailers and on Monday, 12/11 Target is offering $20 off EVERY $100 spent. I've been unable to find a list of exclusions (Legos, etc) but each time Target has offered a deal like this, it has included PS4 consoles including the Pro.

That said, a PS4 Pro would be discounted to $290 and the SW:BF2 or Destiny bundles would be $340. This beats every front page deal to date if it works.

Link to consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
The $20 off $100 off everything at Target on 12/11 probably deserves its own thread.

so xbox x for 400? i doubt it since there is little to no profit on video games.

For games $20 off $100 is only a 20% discount which at best matches GCU, so lukewarm but nice for anyone without it.
It could also include systems like the Switch and 3DS but we won't know until a list of exclusions is shown (and there likely will be exclusions). Of course the PS4 Pro with the additional $50 discount does trump any of those other discounted systems.

OP, you might want to add that it is online only.

"This coming Monday, Dec. 11, we’re offering our biggest Green Monday sale ever on Target.comSave $20 for every $100 you spend. What’s Green Monday, you ask? It refers to the second Monday in December, which has emerged over the last decade as a major online shopping day. In other words, it’s a day when lots of “green” is spent online! "

Meh, I would buy the inevitable $299.99 PS4 pro slim by next winter.
Is there any hints to this? I have held off this long from buying a PS4.

This deal would be awesome if it was in-store and there was something with cartwheel. If I had the money, I so would buy an Xbox One and a Playstation 4.

I just need a Switch since I bought every switch game I wanted + accessories at half off, and the pile of games/accessories is taunting me. But...must...save...money...

Consoles will surely be excluded. If Target's other sales these past month are any indication, exclusions may go even further than that. Like with Switch games.

If it does work, you could have stocked up on 10% off gift cards last sunday to take another 10% off that price.

You're really going to wait a whole year? Most people will forgo the Pro by then in favor of the PS5, which is likely to be announced for 2019

Sony not having a modern, true 4K console is killing me. I just got an LG OLED and whole new theater system. Knowing Microsoft has a proper console that destroys everything the PS4 does honestly sucks. I don’t want to buy a half assed PS4 right now, so my only options are getting an Xbox, which don’t happen, or wait another year and deal with 1080p in the 4K world we are in.

(Realizes this would be about $250 with employee discount... gets very intrigued)

Random question... my entertainment system is kinda cramped with my DVR, Switch and PS4. It gets a tad hot (I know, bad!). Does the Pro run hotter or colder than the fat PS4?

It could also include systems like the Switch and 3DS but we won't know until a list of exclusions is shown (and there likely will be exclusions). Of course the PS4 Pro with the additional $50 discount does trump any of those other discounted systems.
Every one of these Ive seen has specifically excluded Switch games and consoles

Sony not having a modern, true 4K console is killing me. I just got an LG OLED and whole new theater system. Knowing Microsoft has a proper console that destroys everything the PS4 does honestly sucks. I don’t want to buy a half assed PS4 right now, so my only options are getting an Xbox, which don’t happen, or wait another year and deal with 1080p in the 4K world we are in.
Or just buy a Gaming PC. If you've got LG OLED money you've got 1080gtx money.

As much as we all want this to be true, deep down, we are self aware that both the X1X & Switch are gonna be excluded.
Remember IF this does work: X1X is $499.99 & Switch is $299.99, so unless you tack a pack of gum, there's no $100 savings on the X or $60 for the NS.

Don't read the exclusion list if you want to keep your dreams alive.

It goes way beyond just X1X and Switch HW..... (Nintendo Hardware, Switch Software, Xbox Hardware, PS4 Hardware, PSVR)

You're really going to wait a whole year? Most people will forgo the Pro by then in favor of the PS5, which is likely to be announced for 2019
This is one of the reasons I'm holding off on PS VR. I wish Sony would take a brave step to break console gamers out of the "buy it again" prison by announcing that all PS4 peripherals will work with PS5. Now that they're in direct competition with Steam, I think anything short of full backwards compatibility with games and peripherals is an insult.

Plus if you bought that discount 300 Target gift card the other day for 270 I think it was on Sunday this will be an even better deal!

Video game hardware is always excluded with target promotions
*Sigh* not true since the Pro was part of a promotion over the BF weekend that saw it discounted. However, a list of exclusions was posted that claims PS4 hardware will be excluded. As always, whether that ends up being the case or not is TBD. YMMV of course.

*Sigh* not true since the Pro was part of a promotion over the BF weekend that saw it discounted. However, a list of exclusions was posted that claims PS4 hardware will be excluded. As always, whether that ends up being the case or not is TBD. YMMV of course.
*sigh*

Just bought a loaded 2017 27in iMac as well. Zero interest in a microsoft PC.
Then you clearly don't really care about running at 4k since very few of the Xbox titles will do that. A PC is the only way to get consistent and varied 4k gaming content.

I want to get this right: If the Skyrim PSVR bundle is going for $350, and Green Monday offers "$20 off every $100," then that would be a total discount of $60, right? (Assuming PS4 hardware is included in the promotion.) So that would also be $290 out the door? If so, that makes up for the fact that I didn't get that $299 PSVR demo last week.

I would think Sony would hold off as long as possible on a PS5 at the rate current PS4 sales are going. They just sold more this 12 months vs the last 12 months. Might even be 2020 at this point.

Then you clearly don't really care about running at 4k since very few of the Xbox titles will do that. A PC is the only way to get consistent and varied 4k gaming content.
Essentially I just want to get the most bang for my buck. I have the original white Destiny PS4. I’d love a newer PS4 for the speed and better graphics though the PS4 pro is a half assed upgrade since it isn’t real 4K and doesn’t have a 4K BD player. Now for the right price if I can trade my 2tb white PS4 and nearly break even on a PS4 pro, I’m in.

. Hi Just to make sure it's clear this price drop is called temporary in the article.

Any new PS4 that's released in the coming two years will likely not have any performance upgrades on the gaming side over the current PS4 Pro. The Xbox One X is definitely much beefier, but it also upsamples and does checkerboarding and dynamic resolution to get a 4K buffer output, contrary to all those fake news articles you might have seen that the PS4 Pro "upsamples" whereas the One X is "true 4K".

You cannot game in "true 4K" on a $650 piece of hardware. It's not possible. It's not even possible without sacrificing graphics on a $1200 computer with the latest GTX 1080. The Pro and the One X are both excellent options for gaming on a 4K television, and are commendable hardware achievements in the console space.

Essentially I just want to get the most bang for my buck. I have the original white Destiny PS4. I’d love a newer PS4 for the speed and better graphics though the PS4 pro is a half assed upgrade since it isn’t real 4K and doesn’t have a 4K BD player. Now for the right price if I can trade my 2tb white PS4 and nearly break even on a PS4 pro, I’m in.
I see. I'd just buy a 4k blu ray player in your position then.

Looks like it excludes everything. Time to sleep.

**Offer available online only. Save $20 for every $100 spent, maximum discount $100. Offer excludes toys, select sporting goods, all gift cards, Target Restock orders, Target Optical, CVS pharmacy, Clinic, Vitamix, Weber, Traeger, prepaid cards (airtime, entertainment, iTunes, and online gaming), Elf on the Shelf, DSLR cameras and lenses, Google products, Bose, Sonos, JBL, TOM’s Apple Watch Bands, GoPro, Nintendo Hardware, Switch Software, Fitbit, Samsung and LG TV’s, Xbox Hardware, PS4 Hardware, PSVR, Tile, Target Mobile Purchases, alcohol, dairy milk, Power Dental, Power Shave, Tylenol and Apple items. Not valid on previous orders. Offer expires 12/11/2017 at 11:59 PM PT.

Looks like it excludes everything. Time to sleep.

**Offer available online only. Save $20 for every $100 spent, maximum discount $100. Offer excludes toys, select sporting goods, all gift cards, Target Restock orders, Target Optical, CVS pharmacy, Clinic, Vitamix, Weber, Traeger, prepaid cards (airtime, entertainment, iTunes, and online gaming), Elf on the Shelf, DSLR cameras and lenses, Google products, Bose, Sonos, JBL, TOM’s Apple Watch Bands, GoPro, Nintendo Hardware, Switch Software, Fitbit, Samsung and LG TV’s, Xbox Hardware, PS4 Hardware, PSVR, Tile, Target Mobile Purchases, alcohol, dairy milk, Power Dental, Power Shave, Tylenol and Apple items. Not valid on previous orders. Offer expires 12/11/2017 at 11:59 PM PT.
Target is excluding toys this close to Christmas? Wow. Guess they are happy with their holiday sales numbers so far then.

Video game software (minus that for Switch) appears to be included if you are so inclined to buy at Target.

I'm going to target my foot up their ass.

"Puke Green" Monday is more like it...

bread's done
Back