CAGcast #525: Wombat Gets Nauseous, Goes Viral

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Black Friday week purchases, Destiny 2, Xbox One X, Battlegrounds $10 outfits, Shadow of War, Wombat’s VR adventure part 1 and so much more!

Download (1 hr 14 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by Hello Fresh, please visit HelloFresh.com and use the promo code cagcast30 to save $30 off your first week of deliveries when you subscribe.
Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Vanic - Samurai (feat. Katy Tiz) (Spirix Remix)
Outro - M.A.S.K. Commercial for Switchblade, Rhino, & Thunderhawk
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
CAGcast on YouTube
Facebook
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ship mentioned having to buy the Destiny expansion twice, but since it is a digital purchase he can share it between consoles. He just has to make sure his wife's console is set to his main console so that it shares the purchase with all users. You can do that with any digital purchase I believe. I have not done it myself on the PlayStation, but I did it all time with one of my friends on Xbox and I think it works the same way on PlayStation or so I have heard.

Nice to see Wombat's wit getting the (inter?)national attention it deserves. Too bad it was just for a re-tweet to somebody more famous and not because of the 750+ podcast episodes he's been on.

As for Xenoblade 2's hand holding (where was this in Breath of the Wild?), I agree with Shipwreck that it's definitely unnecessarily stifling, would've really loved to see them implement (mainline) Fire Emblem's solution where it's not only easy to skip the tutorials, you can set them to not activate automatically while still being able to access them later at any time (or turn them back on). Most likely 9/10 people that skipped all the tutorials in this game would find themselves in over their heads and frustrated (Nintendo's greatest fear for their Switch games, clearly, except with Zelda for some reason...), but maybe they'll get more out of reading a wiki entry or watching a youtube video after they've started struggling than they would from the provided tutorial they're just going to try and skip through anyway?

OTOH there has never been a Xeno~ game in the franchise's 20 year history that had a great start (Xenosaga memes...), or come to it a great ending (Xenoblade's ending is basically the pinnacle of the series...), but boy oh boy that journey in-between! 

Now excuse me while I once again go read Xenosaga Perfect Works (would link the English fan translation for convenience, but the cover is potentially NSFW) and lament what could have been... and never will be.

Sounds like it's about time to rechristen that segment Shipwreck's Overwatch Onslaught (etc.), from the way he lights up with childlike joy when that game gets name-dropped.

"When the PlayStation VR released, it was said by many that the headset could not be profitable for Sony and that it would more than likely not do so well. In a recent article by Road to VR, however, it was revealed that according to Greenlight Insights, Sony has sold more than 1.5 million PlayStation VR headsets through October 2017 and made a decent amount of money in their efforts.

Using a base average of $350 as a selling price, Road to VR estimates that Sony has made somewhere in the neighborhood of $525 million in hardware revenue alone on the PSVR. Add with that the unknown amount of revenue from their software – games and other VR ventures – and it can be assumed that Sony has made a lot of money on its foray into virtual reality."

Thanks, Top Analysts, keep it up!

Shipwreck, I have no idea if Playstation works this way but I bought one digital copy of Destiny and now I can share it with my wife. I just set my home console as the downstairs Xbox then sign in upstairs. We used to have to buy two copies of everything before I decided to go digital only with the Xbox One. I know you're into collecting but two copies of Destiny wouldnt be worth nearly anything in the future lol. I love digital for everything now. No clutter that will be worth nearly nothing in a few years.

With the end of the year approaching, I thought a fun segment for next week would be for you guys to talk about Switch sales reaching 10 million in just nine months.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/940566931987423232

For comparison the WiiU took more than two and a half years to sell 10 million units. Cheapy used to like comparing the Switch to the WiiU.

https://twitter.com/CheapyD/status/857555302111203328?s=17

bread's done
Back