Fred Meyers up to 53% off (including free gift card) games... (In-Store only) switch, 3ds, xb1, ps4 etc...

cagamer88

CAG Newbie
Disclaimer: This only works if you value Fred Meyer gift cards at all...

I saw this post last time posted on CAG, but today 12/13/17 (EDIT*, new coupon for 12/15-12/16!) only, Fred Meyers is having a sale which you can combine two promotions together.

Here is my result:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ($59.99)

Rabbids ($59.99)

Pokemon Ultra Sun ($39.99)

Pokemon Ultra Moon ($39.99)

= $199.96

- $30 coupon

= $169.96 + $50 Fred Meyers gift card

= net $119.96 = ~40% off each game

Here are the two coupons

Save $30 when you spend $150 or more

Save $20 when you spend $100 or more

Save $10 when you spend $50 or more

(valid only 12/13/17) (New cert valid on 12/15-12/16)

Buy any 2 Video Games ($29.99+) & receive a $20 Fred Meyer gift card

Buy any 3 Video Games ($29.99+) & receive a $35 Fred Meyer gift card

Buy any 4 Video Games ($29.99+) & receive a $50 Fred Meyer gift card

So obviously the best deal is to spend exactly $150 on 4 games which will get you $30 off + $50 gift card = $70 net. which is equivalent to 53% off each game.

Make sure they scan the 30 off 150 coupon first! Otherwise, if they scan the gift card first, it takes off from your total... weird, but that's how it worked at the register. my 199.96 total only gave $20 off when they scanned the gift card first... basically it took the $50 off and my total became 149.96... so they added a $1 filler to bring it over 150....

I realize the title says 53% including free gift card... but the gift card is included in the 53% calculation... Sorry first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the $10 off $50 work on eshop/PSN credit? That could be a good deal right there if it does, but I think these coupons tend to exclude that stuff.

Does the $10 off $50 work on eshop/PSN credit? That could be a good deal right there if it does, but I think these coupons tend to exclude that stuff.
It only says "May be combined with regular Coupons and Bonus Coupons, OR but not with another Savings Certificate. Savings Certificate applied after all coupons and discounts are taken. Redeemable for In-Store merchandise only. Valid on regular, sale, clearance, coupon and Shopping Pass offers. Not valid on prior purchases or for Ad Match Items, Gift Cards, Money Order purchases, alcohol, tobacco, postage, transit services, Lottery, fees, game licenses, US Forest Service passes, Fuel Center, Pharmacy, phone activation, Mobile Market phones, Nintendo Hardware, Converse, Nike, Western Union services, event tickets or Lego Toys. Not valid in Food Department, Pet Department, Natural Choices Dept., Candy, Health & Beauty and Fred Meyer Jewelers. Limit 1 Savings Certificate per Customer. Certificate is not transferable. Duplication is prohibited."

I'm assuming those might fall under the gift card category... not sure. I already left the store.

Both coupons are on your store's weekly ad. Although the gift card coupon says no nintendo, the physical coupons in store plastered all over the glass doesn't have that restriction.

Did you have to get an override on the Switch games?  The gift card coupon does not include them (though it doesn't specifically exclude them either).

Thanks for posting this! Always like this double dip type of deal at my local Freddie’s when they have it once in a while. Nothing for me this time around though. Already got all my gaming stuff on BF and cyber Monday.

Anyway, for those that prefer Amazon gift cards u can use the Fred Meyers gift card to purchase one. At least this still worked a few months back when I tried it. So ymmv? If the cashier says no and won’t try it, go through self-checkout and diy if u have one at your local Freddie’s. Gl!

Did you have to get an override on the Switch games? The gift card coupon does not include them (though it doesn't specifically exclude them either).
To answer my own question: no override required. I guess they just left Switch games off the ad. So I got pretty much the same set of games as the OP except I got Zelda instead of Rabbids. I'm going to hit up 2 more stores and see what else I can snag. Still want to get Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, and maybe some more. Do I splurge on Battlefront II?

Thanks for posting this! Always like this double dip type of deal at my local Freddie’s when they have it once in a while. Nothing for me this time around though. Already got all my gaming stuff on BF and cyber Monday.

Anyway, for those that prefer Amazon gift cards u can use the Fred Meyers gift card to purchase one. At least this still worked a few months back when I tried it. So ymmv? If the cashier says no and won’t try it, go through self-checkout and diy if u have one at your local Freddie’s. Gl!
Good tip on the Amazon Gift Cards! I might try that out later tonight.

The clerk basically told me that ALL games above $29.99. I think most games are full retail... but the end price is still good. Finding the right combo of games is definitely the hard part!

Even better on 15th/16th for some games if these aren't the weekly prices:

Select X1 games $10-$20 off (AC:O $50, Southpark $50, Just Dance $40)

Save $5 select 3DS games

Are there any new or notable PS4 games tagged on sale this week? It's like sometimes online prices are on their website and sometimes ithey are not....or did they just finally get rid of it?

Even better on 15th/16th for some games if these aren't the weekly prices:

Select X1 games $10-$20 off (AC:O $50, Southpark $50, Just Dance $40)

Save $5 select 3DS games

Are there any new or notable PS4 games tagged on sale this week? It's like sometimes online prices are on their website and sometimes ithey are not....or did they just finally get rid of it?
Unless they come out with another 10 off 50, 20 off 100, 30 off 150... the stacking ends tonight. But you can still use the gift card promo until the 16th!

It upsets me that the PlayStation VR bundles are not discounted.  Skyrim VR Bundle for $450...?  Boo!

I had dreams of using the 10% Off Video Game Accessories coupon with the $30 Off $150...but I only want the PSVR version 2; the version 1 marked down to $200 does not interest me.

To answer my own question: no override required. I guess they just left Switch games off the ad. So I got pretty much the same set of games as the OP except I got Zelda instead of Rabbids. I'm going to hit up 2 more stores and see what else I can snag. Still want to get Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, and maybe some more. Do I splurge on Battlefront II?
No, Battlefront 2 is gonna tank soon. Just wait unless its under $30 with this deal

Oh I see it now. Dang! Guess I'll have to return my purchases and rebuy it when pokemon ultra moon/sun are $5 off!
fuck. Figures. Oh well... I was going to run out and make another purchase tonight.

But are we sure those are part of the "select" 3DS games? If anyone has the list, please post them!

No, Battlefront 2 is gonna tank soon. Just wait unless its under $30 with this deal
Yeah, I kind of figured - either that or the inevitable complete edition with all the DLC.

fuck. Figures. Oh well... I was going to run out and make another purchase tonight.

But are we sure those are part of the "select" 3DS games? If anyone has the list, please post them!

Yeah, I kind of figured - either that or the inevitable complete edition with all the DLC.
There's only 4 games in the ad. Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun and two Yokai games. I imagine there will be more. It's so hard to see what the prices are cuz half the games don't have the price showing.

Looks like the 10/20/30 off will be back for 15th/16th.

Whoops.  Didn't noticed OP updated mentioned new coupon on 15th/16th.

Thanks for this. I bought 3DS games and am returning my bestbuy buy-1-get-1-50% since this works on EVERY 3DS game (Ultra Sun/Moon etc.) and is a better deal!

This is $80 for 4 $40 3DS games. BestBuy with GCU and their sale is $95.98 for 4 $40 3DS games ($31.99+$16+31.99+$16). I had to pay $4 tax, but I still come out $10 ahead over BestBuy.

Breaking it down makes it 4x$40=$180-$30-$50=$80 so 50% off if you count the gift card as money. We shop for groceries regularly at our Fred Meyer so a gift card is basically cash for me.

The register had a hard time making the gift card work but they forced it through since everything should have been good.

I know this is late, but if you can still do this today it's even better!!! I did it again and nobody said a word. There is another 10 off 50/20 off 100/ 30 off 150 savings coupon.

Some 3DS games including ultra sun and ultra moon are $5 off.

I bought 2 copies of ultra sun, ultra moon,  and exenoblade 2 for $85 after gift card!

$35 ultra sun, $35 ultra moon, $35 ultra sun, + $60 exenoblade 2 = $165  minus $30 off savings coupon minus free $50 gift card =$85

Three full price 3DS games and a full price console game for $85!!!  I know some of you don't count the gift card as cash, but I bought $50 worth of groceries right there so I count it as cash. You can buy an Amazon gift card with it! :)

Any old folks? El Senior specialities!

Tues

~$150 - Minecraft X1S

~$200 - PS4 slim Battlefront 2 Bundle

~$330 - PS4 Pro /w a copy of CoD:WII on Xbox.....or PS4 if that even makes sense.

+ a free 17" Red Plush Stocking! (on at least the PS4s /w eQ)

Some good stacks on VGAs, although I'm not sure we ever got confirmation if people pulled off triple stacks on them back in the old thread: 10% Q, 10% senior, up to 20% cert.

I know this is late, but if you can still do this today it's even better!!! I did it again and nobody said a word. There is another 10 off 50/20 off 100/ 30 off 150 savings coupon.

I bought 2 copies of ultra sun, ultra moon, and exenoblade 2 for $85 after gift card!

$35 ultra sun, $35 ultra moon, $35 ultra sun, + $60 exenoblade 2 = $165 minus $30 off savings coupon minus free $50 gift card =$85
Three full price 3DS games and a full price console game for $85!!! I know some of you don't count the gift card as cash, but I bought $50 worth of groceries right there so I count it as cash. You can buy an Amazon gift card with it! :)
Thanks for the heads up. Passed on it on the 13th, but then I told myself I may as well just get a set of 4 3ds games at the very least as I will trade the games into GameStop down the road and pretty much come out with a free $50 fred meyers gift card.

Also thanks op for posting this here, and not in the regional section or whatever it's called. Never check that section, and probably never will.

Man... forgot to check CAG and missed out on an easy way to get cheaper Switch games.

I bought 2 copies of ultra sun, ultra moon, and exenoblade 2 for $85 after gift card!

$35 ultra sun, $35 ultra moon, $35 ultra sun, + $60 exenoblade 2 = $165 minus $30 off savings coupon minus free $50 gift card =$85

Three full price 3DS games and a full price console game for $85!!! I know some of you don't count the gift card as cash, but I bought $50 worth of groceries right there so I count it as cash. You can buy an Amazon gift card with it! :)
how long is the $50 gc going for?

Man... forgot to check CAG and missed out on an easy way to get cheaper Switch games.
Yep. I just got a Switch a few weeks ago and was pretty much waiting for the yearly gift card deal to get more games. I thought for sure they'd exclude Switch games, especially after Target excluded them from B2G1. I ended up getting Zelda, Mario Kart, Xeno 2, and Pokken Tournament for nearly half price (already had bought a Mario code from a CAG). I also got Metroid and Ever Oasis for 3DS and then picked up a few Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon as gifts and/or eBay/trading fodder - not really sure yet on those.

how long is the $50 gc going for?
Unfortunately I think it ended Sunday. There is a $10/$20/$30 savings coupon for the first 5 days of this week, but I did not see the gift card deal in the paper. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

bread's done
Back