Pillars of Eternity Complete Edition $20 (GS)

Also -- has anyone played this game, perhaps on PC or something? How does it stack up to a game like Dragon Age: Origin?
It’s different. It’s much more akin to older isometric rpgs like planescape or baldurs gate. Great on the pc, good on the PS4.

Also -- has anyone played this game, perhaps on PC or something? How does it stack up to a game like Dragon Age: Origin?
Battle system is a bit similar (you can pause combat), but I feel that the narrative on Pillars of Eternity is one of the best ones in years, really one of my favorite RPGs overall. Also, for 20 bucks you just can't go wrong with the amount of content you'll get out of it.

Battle system is a bit similar (you can pause combat), but I feel that the narrative on Pillars of Eternity is one of the best ones in years, really one of my favorite RPGs overall. Also, for 20 bucks you just can't go wrong with the amount of content you'll get out of it.
Very cool. I'm nearly certain I'm getting an X1X for Christmas .... ironically, I buy Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition for 360 (you can install DLC, just takes some work) and Pillars of Eternity.

I love DA:O ... I've beaten it multiple times and honestly, it has some of the best game play ever, even today. It's such a shame that the part 2 and 3 (especially 3) were not nearly as good. I've been searching for a game like that for a long, long time.

I have beaten Divinity Original Sin. Great game, but I wanted some more combat. Here's hoping Pillars will be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love DA:O ... I've beaten it multiple times and honestly, it has some of the best game play ever, even today. It's such a shame that the part 2 and 3 (especially 3) were not nearly as good. I've been searching for a game like that for a long, long time.
Fun fact: I remember buying DA:O from a sale back then when Circuit City was still around and just never opened the game... until my roommate decided we needed to redo our backyard and cutting our underground internet cables in the process. We didn't have internet for nearly a week, so I finally opened the game and ended up loving it. If you liked Divinity then I'm 100% sure you'll really like Pillars of Eternity.

May be a dumb question, but are you able to do in-store pickup for something with an online price match (and still get the extra $1 off)? I was looking for one more order to do in-store pickup for in order to take advantage of the $10 rewards certificate deal.

Surprised that no one's mentioned the extremely long and frequent loading times. The game is great and has a lot of content, but you'll have spent literally hours just loading the game by the end. Maybe people played with their phones or did Bing Rewards during the loading times and I just haven't gotten with the times.

May be a dumb question, but are you able to do in-store pickup for something with an online price match (and still get the extra $1 off)? I was looking for one more order to do in-store pickup for in order to take advantage of the $10 rewards certificate deal.
My understanding is you do not get any perks when you price match; I could be mistaken, though.

Surprised that no one's mentioned the extremely long and frequent loading times. The game is great and has a lot of content, but you'll have spent literally hours just loading the game by the end. Maybe people played with their phones or did Bing Rewards during the loading times and I just haven't gotten with the times.
Hopefully the raw power of the X1X will make this un-optimized game load faster!

(kidding, but thanks for heads up. Haven't heard that till now)

Guess I should have expanded my oversimplified “PC great, PS4 good” statement. The load times kill in this game because you load for everything! EVERYTHING! Still a good game on PS4 but it’s definitely annoying.

Picked up XBO version from Amazon, they PM'd it for Prime members, but it's now all gone apparently. Damn that was fast. 

Already have the digital Steam version and physical boxed PC version (still sealed) for backing the project, but  always wanted to get this on console. Really great game if you are an old-school CRPG (especially Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale) fan. 

Thanks OP! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any thoughts to share on Pillars vs. Divinity: Original Sin?

I've had both on my list and may have to bite on POE at this price. 

picked up a used copy with $10 off appeasement code for $10 after shipping. best deal you'll find on the game but it really sucks that to maximize the appeasement codes you have to pay for shipping -_- . o well i got it in the mail today after 1-2 days

Returned unopened copy of World of Final Fantasy from Blk Fdy sale at GS and used refund to get this instead. Hope to try it out this week sometime!

Anyone have any thoughts to share on Pillars vs. Divinity: Original Sin?

I've had both on my list and may have to bite on POE at this price.
Both are fantastic games, but the main difference between them is that Pillars of eternity is a more "mature" game, meanwhile Divinity: original sin has more humor in it.

bread's done
Back