Retro console recommendations

feelmuhpino

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Hey CAGs, I've recently entertained the thought of picking up a retro console, but there seem to quite a lot out there.

Hoping to get some recommendations on a retro console that supports these core functions:

- HDMI
- NES SNES & Genesis capability
- Multiplayer support
- Use of original or usb based controllers.

Any info would gladly be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Retron 5 does all of that stuff I think. As well as Famicom and GBA.

My only real "issue" with them is they feel very cheaply made and the controller provided is awful. 

My controller broke after just a small bit of use and the older Retron 5's have cartridge grip issues so you have to be really careful inserting or removing games or you can potentially damage the games or the cartridge slot by bending the pins and such. I heard the later production models didn't have this problem as much but mine is an older one. 

I've heard the top of the line is the Retro AVS as far as playing retro in HDMI and high quality. But it's expensive and only plays NES carts.  

Thanks Josh, I was reading up on the retron5 and heard the same about it feeling cheaply made.

The more I look into it, the RetroFreak seems to be the most ideal for my needs - just a bit pricier than I would like to spend. Especially since I just upgraded to a ps4 pro and a vr since Black Friday.

I may just sell my OG PS4 to help fund it. Just seems oxymoronic to sell a current gen console for one that plays 25 year old games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back