GS Game Days Sale Dec. 17-24

#61 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:13 PM

Uncharted 3 is my favorite Naughty Dog game  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#62 SlimSkeletor  

SlimSkeletor

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

If I buy a new Uncharted Collection am I going to get a used copy?

#63 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

Does thorbahn ban accounts for no reason?

#64 Blabadon   I just like video games CAGiversary!   2276 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:04 PM

2 delivered in it's third act what was promised in Drake's Fortune, an actual lost city. If it sucked they wouldn't have re-did it in 3. I also had no problems with the final boss fight since I never play an Uncharted game on a difficulty higher than normal.

Yeah, a lost city with a huge open sky, okay.

#65 Troe123  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:09 AM

I had to call 3 stores, but gamestop eventually allowed me to return/rebuy my Scorpio edition for the promo. The promo seemed to have trouble because the console was a Scorpio edition, so they had to run it through as an X1X.

Uncharted 3 is my favorite Naughty Dog game  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t know how you go to sleep at night with your non-mainstream video game opinion.

#66 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! Banned   1790 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:04 AM

Closest thing to something good they've made is "Left Behind" which wasn't saddled with the shortcomings of TLoU (namely the illusion of freedom, giving you the option of stealthing just up to the point where the game wants to remind you that as a player your agency is always limited, which was handled at least conceptually well with the ending, but incredibly poorly in the gameplay up to that point) or the poor writing that has plagued UC since the first game. Obviously the games look great, but mechanically they are rough to play, a problem with a good number of third person shooters so that's not just a Naughty Dog thing, and it's hard to be sympathetic or a character who is a mass murdering machine. I get why people like Naughty Dog games, they guide you down a path and look pretty, but even compared to something like the more recent Tomb Raiders, which very clearly ape a ton from UC, they feel so far behind and limited in scope. Some of this is rectified in TLL, like in the more open areas of UC4, but even that has a problem kicking all the bad habits that have come to mark PS3 and beyond era Naughty Dog.

Not really sure what the problem with Jak 3 is, aside from it not being as good as Jak 2 or any of the R&C PS2 titles. Crash Team Racing is also a good game; however, the original Crash games, while admirable at the time for what they did, are also not good games.

#67 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14849 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:28 PM

So some different games went on sale this week like FF XII for $25, MvC Infinite Deluxe for $50, & the CE for $100. The GS exclusive Ghost Recon CE is also $100, if you don't want a statue of Death.

#68 Holdmyown83   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Holdmyown83

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:37 PM

Those ass hats Definitely tried to pull that shit on me today when I went to pick up a copy. He tried to keep it hidden until after I swiped but nah buddy I said "if thats the open copy y'all use and pass around Ima need an unopened one" he then says oh all of them are like this" i then look down and it rings up $19.99 I said its supposed to be 9.99 then he gets his stupid look on his face and pulls out an unopened copy. Exactly why I hate that store but some deals u can't pass up.

#69 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

Those ass hats Definitely tried to pull that shit on me today when I went to pick up a copy. He tried to keep it hidden until after I swiped but nah buddy I said "if thats the open copy y'all use and pass around Ima need an unopened one" he then says oh all of them are like this" i then look down and it rings up $19.99 I said its supposed to be 9.99 then he gets his stupid look on his face and pulls out an unopened copy. Exactly why I hate that store but some deals u can't pass up.

Once you break open the plastic, it's used. When will those idiots ever learn that? It's the main reason I hate GameStop; that, and those stupid price stickers they put on their games that are impossible to come off and ruin the integrity of the case. I can't believe they've been allowed to last this long. 

#70 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3847 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

Once you break open the plastic, it's used. When will those idiots ever learn that? It's the main reason I hate GameStop; that, and those stupid price stickers they put on their games that are impossible to come off and ruin the integrity of the case. I can't believe they've been allowed to last this long. 

I sell items on craigslist, and about 90% of the stuff I sell is new new, as in brand new in box, still in the plastic wrap, whatever. I either get asked "what do you mean by 'brand new'" when messaged (as that's the condition I specify in my ad), or when I meet the person to sell the item they're like "Wow this is brand new". I bring this up, because it seems like the vast majority of the population has this skewed perception when it comes to the condition of pretty much anything anymore. It's not a hard concept to grasp, but because of sleaze bag companies like GS, or losers on craigslist that lie about the condition of an item, your average Joe somehow doesn't understand what constitutes new and what doesn't (or just overestimates the condition of their items if they're the ones selling, saying it's in better condition than it actually is).

#71 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

Honestly, I give GS credit for improving the stickers that they use.  As you say, the older ones were a menace, and they would often get affixed directly to the artwork (such a monstrous practice).  The new stickers come off a lot easier and leave a lot less residue, and the only sticker-to-artwork jobs I've seen have been from long-sitting inventory.  Minor praise against the backdrop of all of their other terrible practices (I do love ranting about their "refurbishing" skills), but credit where it's due. 

#72 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:35 AM

Lol Gamestop tries

#73 WingEater  

WingEater

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:44 PM

Did anyone who did a return/rebuy on their Xbox one x Scorpio ed get the $50 coupon in the PUR yet? The offer said it would be in the active offers by 12/25 but I have not received mine yet. I did the return/rebuy on Thursday 12/21 and the PUBG game code printed on the receipt but the $50 future use coupon is nowhere to be found

#74 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:54 PM

Did anyone who did a return/rebuy on their Xbox one x Scorpio ed get the $50 coupon in the PUR yet? The offer said it would be in the active offers by 12/25 but I have not received mine yet. I did the return/rebuy on Thursday 12/21 and the PUBG game code printed on the receipt but the $50 future use coupon is nowhere to be found

I haven’t.

#75 WingEater  

WingEater

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:04 PM

I haven’t.

Ok thanks. I'm hoping they didn't need to scan something special for the $50 coupon. Hopefully its just worded incorrectly and it will go live on 12/26 which is the first day it's valid. Hey spies..can you please make yourself/selves useful and check into the $50 coupon and see what the deal is and why it hasn't shown up yet?

#76 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10016 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:19 PM

Does SAVER not work with the B2G1 free deal? I can’t get it to work.

#77 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

Does SAVER not work with the B2G1 free deal? I can’t get it to work.

You're not the first person to report this issue. A number of similar reports were made in the primary gamestop deals thread.

#78 WingEater  

WingEater

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:19 AM

Just an update in re my post about missing Xbox 1 x missing $50 coupon. The $50 off future purchase coupon good from 12/26 to 12/31 recently showed up in my PUR available offers

#79 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:22 AM

Just an update in re my post about missing Xbox 1 x missing $50 coupon. The $50 off future purchase coupon good from 12/26 to 12/31 recently showed up in my PUR available offers

As did mine.

#80 jerkyjake34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

jerkyjake34

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:45 PM

I’m still waiting for mine.

#81 pepsiman2017   Banned Banned   16 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

pepsiman2017

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:24 PM

r these deels in stoire 2 or onlene onley.

#82 SriLankanGod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

SriLankanGod

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:35 AM

it won't let me see if persona 5 is new in store at my gamestop

#83 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:52 AM

What all is "40% off Household Geeky Gifts"? exactly?

I saw a Mario lamp at Gamestop for $40 I liked, but not for $40! Would the 40% apply to things like that or what exactly?

#84 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3847 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:30 AM

it won't let me see if persona 5 is new in store at my gamestop

Try checking using the app

#85 SriLankanGod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

SriLankanGod

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:18 PM

That did the trick! Thanks! I really don't get why they would block that data from the website...what purpose does that even serve?

#86 the_red_tide  

the_red_tide

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:21 PM

One would think s

What all is "40% off Household Geeky Gifts"? exactly?

I saw a Mario lamp at Gamestop for $40 I liked, but not for $40! Would the 40% apply to things like that or what exactly?

One would think so.  I would call the store and ask, but you might not get what you seek.

#87 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6762 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

Need advice on few games thank you for your help

1. Rise of the tomb raider ps4. With GCU i can get it for 15.99 what are the chances of it becoming $15.99 without GCU anytime soon or is this the loweSt it's gonna be for a while

2. How's everybody's golf worth $20?

3.I am looking to buying witcher 3 complete edition bestbuy doesn't even have it and the lowest I have seen it get is $24.99 my sweetspot is $20

Not sure if it’s been said but TW3CE is 14.98 at toys r us

#88 jerkyjake34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

jerkyjake34

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:17 PM

Is anyone else still waiting for their $50 off coupon to show up? I’d like to get some b2g1 games but would like to use that $50 towards them. Starting to think I won’t get my coupon.

#89 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1767 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:45 AM

Is anyone else still waiting for their $50 off coupon to show up? I’d like to get some b2g1 games but would like to use that $50 towards them. Starting to think I won’t get my coupon.

What is this coupon you speak of?

#90 jerkyjake34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

jerkyjake34

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:05 AM

What is this coupon you speak of?

If you bought an Xbox one x during the game days sale you got a coupon for $50 off a future purchase. The future purchase has to be between 12/26 and 12/31. Some of us who bought the one x at launch did a return and rebuy during the sale to get the coupon and also the free PUBG game. Others have said they got the coupon delivered in their available offers on the GameStop app, but I didn’t get it yet. The coupon is only good until the 31st so it looks like I’m out of luck.