River City: Rival Showdown (Limited Riki Keychain Edition) $17.23 @ Amazon

Moving up in price, $21.37 when I just checked.  It must be one of those micro price drops where it dropped until people started buying it and now it's creeping back up.

I bought it at launch with the prime discount .... but would have jumped on this deal had I missed getting my copy.

Yeah I wouldn't sleep on it. The stock likely isn't huge for this game. Also it's a better River City game than that melee game everyone was buying from Limitedrungames.

Yeah I wouldn't sleep on it. The stock likely isn't huge for this game. Also it's a better River City game than that melee game everyone was buying from Limitedrungames.
How does it compare to River City: Tokyo Rumble? I enjoy the format but is Rival Showdown different enough to warrant a purchase?

I believe this one is kind of an enhanced remake of the original River City Ransom. This one is likely better overall. I've only played Tokyo Rumble myself. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I had rewards points for my Amazon card...got it for $1.80 out of pocket haha. I wasn't gonna, but I have the other Keychain edition and... Well... Here we are.

I picked this up last time it dropped and have been playing it. It has a majoras mask vibe because you 3 days to complete your goals and then you go back to the start. On the plus side, you get to keep all your experience, items, and money from the last play through. My first time through I kept getting the crap kicked out of me and dying multiple times but I have powered up a bit more and have a better feel for where I am supposed to go and what I need to do. Some of the fights are grossly unmatched, kunio takes on 8 bad guys by himself, but as you power yourself up it gets easier. This seems less monotonous than Tokyo rumble so far and I got the Riki keychain with this

Why can't you price adjust? I bought @ .97 I'm pissed
this is what i get from amazon when i sent them a msg about price adjusting:

Hello,
This is Gauri from Amazon Customer Service.
I've reviewed your comments and I understand your concern regarding the purchase.
Providing any false assurance and putting you in more trouble is not what we really expect our valued customers to experience.
Please allow me to explain this to you. We work hard to find the best prices out there and make sure our prices are as low or lower – changing our prices instantly if we find a lower offer somewhere else. Therefore, we don’t offer post-purchase adjustments.
To read more about our pricing, please visit our Help pages:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201895700
I'm extremely sorry, but as an email associate, I'm not allowed to make any price adjustments for the order purchase.
I'm extending the best hand that I could give because I believe that what you say with regards to our service means much to us. As a customer centric company, we strive for customer happiness.
One of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we haven't met that standard. I'm truly sorry, and I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.
Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated in this matter.We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Set an alert for $15, cannot resist, wish there was a setting to auto buy it when it drops below, feels like I'm trading stocks here.

I bought at $22, and was able to get a $5 by contacting amazon support. Now I'm considering picking up a second copy for multiplayer.

Eh, price is slowly going back down again. Seems to be a trend with their price algorithm, price fluctuates up and down a lot.

If you complain enough to amazon support they'll probably eventually credit you, but I wouldn't do it too often or your account will get flagged.

I did get a price adjustment a couple of months ago, but my case was different cuz I used promo credits that had expired so I couldn't exactly return the item and get those credits back.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it goes under $16 again I may pick up a second copy for multiplayer.  This doesn't seem to be for sale at many places.

e2b0f628-e965-47b8-a0ea-494c824392a9.png

I grabbed at copy yesterday at $16.02.  Missed the two drops from before cause I was shoot for $15 or below, wasn't going to wait around this time.

bread's done
Back