Help! Switch won’t charge or worked docked.

Bleedingwickedly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
I recently received the Nyko Portable Dock for a birthday gift. I wanted it to use my Switch on a separate screen. Upon hooking it up and trying to use it, I couldn’t get it to work at all. A google search showed a firmware update was available so I tried that. It still didn’t work. So I moved the official dock to my new tv, at that point I just wanted to play. Now the console won’t charge or “dock” at all. I can’t use it on the tv period. I can use it in Portable mode but still don’t have a way to charge it. Did the Nyko Dock break the usb plug on the console? Anyone else have this trouble? Also I’ve noticed the light on the official dock has a green light blinking, I’ve never noticed this before. I’ve had my Switch since launch and haven’t had a problem until now. Completely bummed. Am I even still within the warranty? Is there an easy fix?

Looking at the Nintendo website it’s hard to understand how to even sent up a repair. It says you can do that online but the only thing I can find is a troubleshooting page.

Last edited by a moderator:
You HAVE to call them directly. You are within the warranty as it is a whole year. You have until March since that is when it released. They tried to repair my left joycon since the analog stick had issues. It came back to me with the same issue, so they replaced it.

This was just few weeks ago, but they overnighted my packages both ways for free. I'm very satisfied with the service!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update.

I contacted both Nyko and Nintendo. Nyko offered to replace the Switch console, send me a new dock, and $50 credit on their website. This was actually something I considered. They only wanted me to send the console only, so I’d basic have a extra dock, joycons, grip. But I didn’t want to lose my save data(completed both Zelda & Mario). Nintendo said it was covered by the warranty, so I sent them the console last Friday. They received it on Tuesday, and I got a shipping notification today saying they shipped it to me. So I’m guessing it’s fixed. Nyko is still going to replace their faulty dock and give me $50 credit.

As horrible as a 3rd party accessory breaking a console is. I’m actually surprised Nyko offered to replace the system. That’s some good customer service. It seems to be only a couple of their docks breaking systems. I’m not sure if I want to even risk using the new one I’ll receive, don’t want to go through it again. If anyone else has this dock, hows it work for you? Would you buy it after my experience?

I have heard horror stories just like yours with the Nyko dock, but I have to say good on Nyko though.

Do what I did (and many others) buy the little $15-20 block that uses the guts from an official dock. much safer, although in the end more expensive if you want two actual docks.

And it shows another reason the way Switch saves games... is bad. We need to be able to back them up on a computer or SD card. (last I checked they wouldn't allow it)

Yeah I mean I wanted a second dock without paying the extra $89. The little block your talking about, I’d still need to buy an official number dock.

The Switch should come tomorrow, so hopefully it’s fixed. It’s been about 40 miles away since Friday, due to the holidays. I haven’t shipped the Nyko dock out yet. Will be doing it on Wednesday. Not sure what I want to use a $50 Nyko credit on. Maybe those charge blocks for Xbox and PS4, I like how you can have all the system chargers on one block.

bread's done
Back