* * * - - 2 votes

GameFly Year-End Sale

#31 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9211 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

Everyone happy holidays and hope you don't have chips as an extra present!

#32 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:37 PM

I've seen much better from Gamefly in the past. Many of these prices either a) were the same as last year (or less) or b) can be had brand new for a few bucks more. For example, I bought Mirror's Edge Catalyst for $8 during the last GF dump sale (not the $10 listed today!!). Battlefield 1 Revolution was on sale for $20 new, rendering a used vannila copy at $15 not much of a value. Amazon had Mass Effect ANdromeda for $10 a couple weeks ago.

Jon Wick 2 was on sale on Best Buy for $10, as was its 4k counterpart on blackfriday and few days after. Buying it used at this price is insanity.

So many other examples, I can't continue listing them.

Suffice it to say...if this were truly clearance, GF should have been more competitive. Which leads me to believe this is not clearance and they're simply entering the conventional used games market.

#33 Tothoro  

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:11 PM

Anyone have thoughts on Mario & Luigi?  I'm kind of on the fence about buying it right now, but since it's a Nintendo 1st party game, I don't see it going lower than $25 any time soon.  

It's a good game. Nice, simple RPG. It's a remake of the GBA game with a few gameplay enhancements and an extra side game. The side game (Bowser's Minions) is a bit annoying because of RNG, but the story is cute. I think it's worth the $25 just to get Superstar Saga, though.

#34 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:21 PM

Everyone happy holidays and hope you don't have chips as an extra present!

Main reason I don't buy from them because the past couple of times that I have there has been so many chips I hate to chance putting them in my system.

#35 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9211 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:36 AM

Main reason I don't buy from them because the past couple of times that I have there has been so many chips I hate to chance putting them in my system.

Same. I bought A Tohou game recently and it was nice, but the previous game I bought had many chips, and it ran, but who knows for how long. Wasn't in good shape.

#36 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2109 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:04 AM

After reading more about superstar sports, I think I will hold off until it either becomes cheaper or I actually get to play it.
Hoping by the time I get around to play the Mario rpg they have listed, I can hopefully get it cheaper.

#37 Miker525  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:55 PM

Got Agents of Mayhem today. Disc is literally cracked. Welp. I've gotten chipped discs before but nothing nearly this bad / unplayable. I'm too scared to even put this in my system. Back to Gamefly it goes. Hopefully ReCore looks better

#38 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   281 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

OK this is seriously a thing. Why are like 75% of the games I buy from GameFly chipped along the outer rim of the disc? What are they doing to the game discs?

#39 lockheart47   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

lockheart47

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:19 PM

You guys had me paranoid and i had to check my DQH2 disc i bought. It has a single tiny chip on the disc edge. Arent blu rays purposely like 10x stronger than dvds? Wtf are they doing to dmg a blu ray.

#40 abadaa1987  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:24 AM

Dead Rising 4 was chipped, I have been buying Xbox One games from them for the past year and I haven't seen chipping until now. Xbox 360 games however I have seen my fair share

#41 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2546 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:47 AM

Got Agents of Mayhem today. Disc is literally cracked. Welp. I've gotten chipped discs before but nothing nearly this bad / unplayable. I'm too scared to even put this in my system. Back to Gamefly it goes. Hopefully ReCore looks better

My disc for Abzu was cracked in the middle. I'm DONE with Gamefly.  Never buying from them again as I've heard this sort of problem is a lot more common than it should be.

#42 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

I believe its wear and tear from constantly being put through the cleaning machines.

#43 Miker525  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:45 PM

My disc for Abzu was cracked in the middle. I'm DONE with Gamefly. Never buying from them again as I've heard this sort of problem is a lot more common than it should be.

Like I said I've had chips before but never anything like this. Mailing it back today.

I understand why chips on the edge would be bothersome but in my experience those minor chips have never stopped a disc from working on my systems so I'm not too overly concerned with them. This center crack though. I remember I once had a ps2 game with a crack in the center. Disc literally split one day when I was taking it out of the case. Definitely no good to have the cracks.

#44 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2109 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:09 PM

Now wondering how the cartridges are. All that I was interested in was 3ds and switch.

#45 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9211 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:04 PM

Now wondering how the cartridges are. All that I was interested in was 3ds and switch.

I ordered NSMB2 from them. It played well. They don't use those stupid cleaning techniques that mess up the disks for the cartridges.

#46 mr_top_hat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   175 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

mr_top_hat

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:20 PM

What are the chances that the Utawarerumono games (Vita) are the launch editions? Seems like the kind of game that doesn't get a second printing.

#47 Adampro123   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   438 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:34 AM

https://www.gamefly....ckingid=cmju029

Some good prices, will post individual games after I get to my laptop

Poor, OP. He never got his laptop.