- - - - -

Star Wars Thread - Episode IX Releasing 12/20/19

#61 Temporaryscars   Talks like a Dalek CAGiversary!   23343 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Temporaryscars

Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:46 AM

For old times sake.

#62 darthbudge   The Real DB CAGiversary!   20048 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:09 AM

First time on here in years and the last post in the OTT is a video of me.

#63 crystalklear64   Ded CAGiversary!   13617 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

crystalklear64

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:09 PM

If any of the good old boys see this, I'm making another journey to Japan in May. Get me your requests.

#64 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10555 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:47 PM

I don't think this is the official OTT, but good to see ya'll!

#65 JimmieMac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7764 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

JimmieMac

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:07 PM

This doesn't even look like the a real OTT  but Darth's news clip is here and there's no activity so that makes me think it could be real.

#66 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6497 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:35 PM

There's another OTT that's the real OTT, but it's just as dead.

#67 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2697 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:23 PM

Updated the OP with the new trailer ahead of the new film. 

#68 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14654 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:37 PM

TBH, the community around SW has really killed the hype for me. I know it's going to suck because the last two have been steadily downhill and it clearly had impact with just how badly divided people are. There's a lot of claims that older fans are stuck on the old cast and unable to accept the new characters. Bullshit. I like Rey, and (masked) I like Kylo for their screentime but their adventures are just plain shitty and boring, mainly with Last Jedi being so directionless. Solo had more of a jaunt to it and got shit on by reviewers, so IDK what people are thinking anymore.

Hell, at this point I'm more hyped for Mandalorian once Disney+ launches. Not expecting great things, but it could be good. ;)

#69 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2697 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

I mostly liked The Last Jedi, and I'm fine with it being cavalier with throwing out conventions. I don't love what they did with some of the characters (Finn and Poe seemed to diverge a lot from how they were established and characterized in TFA) but enjoyed more of the film than I didn't. It's interesting to look back on some of the critiques put out about Empire, some fans hated it when it released and I wonder how the new trilogy will be regarded in 10-15 years.

Re: Solo, I finally saw it a few months ago and had very low expectations, I think it was poorly marketed and that they have over-saturated the release schedule. I ended up enjoying it a lot, and thought that Alden Ehrenreich actually did a great job with the character in ways that were not captured in trailers / promos. 

#70 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:56 PM

Soo, who's got thoughts on that D23 sizzle feel? Dark side Rey? Dark side 3P0? That impressive shot of all those star destroyers?! I'm actually getting a little hyped now.

#71 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2697 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:53 PM

Two weeks late, but here's the final trailer for Episode IX, which has been added to the OP:

Some friends and I are going watch Eps 3-8 leading up to the new one, starting with III mainly to make sure my friends (and girlfriend) who aren't as nerdy as I am appreciate Palpatine's presence in the new film.

#72 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14654 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:05 PM

Just found out pre-sale tickets have been up for almost 3 fucking weeks. Wow, I feel stupid now since I figured it would be maybe a month in advance and there was no news or anything about it that I heard. I have AMC black tickets for this and wanted to use them for opening night in IMAX but that ship has sailed unless I want the in-your-face front row experience (did that once and it's god awful). My own fault for not constantly checking but still pissed.

#73 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6497 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:54 AM

I got notified about it from multiple movie apps the night that last trailer dropped. Bought tickets the next day with no issues.

#74 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5988 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:50 AM

Some friends and I are going watch Eps 3-8 leading up to the new one, starting with III mainly to make sure my friends (and girlfriend) who aren't as nerdy as I am appreciate Palpatine's presence in the new film.

Why yousa no wanna watch Eps 1 and 2?  Deesa mui mui good movies!

#75 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14654 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:42 PM

I got notified about it from multiple movie apps the night that last trailer dropped. Bought tickets the next day with no issues.

Only movie app I use is AMC since I'm a member. They love to spam so I had notifications disabled. It's weird that I didn't get any emails over it though, since Atom likes to spam promos. I guess it was just the right combination of disconnected to the movie world since I don't use the app unless I'm about to see a movie lol.

#76 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2697 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 12 November 2019 - 12:30 AM

Episode III is better than I remembered. The dialogue between Padme and Anakin is still rigid and awkward, but the second half of the film is pretty solid. My girlfriend enjoyed it more than I expected, she's never paid much attention to the series and hasn't seen them all, so this bodes well for the original films and the current releases.

She DID ask if Natalie Portman was Princess Layla, though.

Why yousa no wanna watch Eps 1 and 2?  Deesa mui mui good movies!

:fridge: