- - - - -

Destiny 2 + Expansion Pass (PS4/XB1) $32 at GameStop (online only)

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17716 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:22 PM

Destiny 2 + Expansion Pass - Xbox Live

Destiny 2 + Expansion Pass - Playstation Network

#2 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   844 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

Nice. Thanks. Any free shipping codes about?

#3 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20767 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:28 PM

I was thinking about getting the PC version (without expansion) for $30 and now I can't.  BOOO!

#4 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17716 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:32 PM

Nice. Thanks. Any free shipping codes about?

SAVER doesn't seem to work :-(

#5 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   844 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

SAVER doesn't seem to work :-(

Lol, nope. Tried it.

#6 Bubbameister33   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Bubbameister33

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:45 PM

Is the game a download code or physical?

#7 lochdoun   Coast to Coast CAGiversary!   558 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

Add a $5 Steam Link or a cheap used game to get free 2 day shipping with Elite.

Also the Xbox expansion code is actually a $35 Xbox credit that you can use on anything.

#8 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   844 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

Is the game a download code or physical?

I assume physical since they're charging shipping on it.

#9 Bubbameister33   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Bubbameister33

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:56 PM

I assume physical since they're charging shipping on it.

Okay, I don't buy too much from Gamestop so I couldn't really tell. Thanks for the reply.

#10 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   844 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:07 PM

Add a $5 Steam Link or a cheap used game to get free 2 day shipping with Elite.

Also the Xbox expansion code is actually a $35 Xbox credit that you can use on anything.

Well, shit, that's awesome.

#11 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

Dayum this seems like a nice deal. Is the game actually worth it at this price??

#12 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   844 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:17 PM

Steam link was oos, got a Spider-Man lanyard, lol.

#13 NeoMonk  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

All the money you're saving they expect you to pay it forward buying micro transactions  :-​ 

#14 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

Steam link was oos, got a Spider-Man lanyard, lol.

Tried that with the SAVER promo code and it still is charging $5.99. WTF?

#15 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:28 PM

Jack Skellington T-shirt is 3.99 seems like a better thing to pick up instead of a lanyard but I can't get free shipping. 

#16 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7803 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:30 PM

All the money you're saving they expect you to pay it forward buying micro transactions  :-​ 

I have played every day for 3 weeks now (didn't play this morning).  I have two characters one 311 and the other 318.  I haven't spent a penny in micro transactions.  Seemingly all of it is related to shaders and ornaments (which I haven't even figured out yet).  

If you don't care about cosmetic crap you shouldn't be tempted to spend anything on micro transactions.  

#17 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:31 PM

Back up to full price in the cart for me. Can't believe it lasted all through the night and into this morning. I couldn't quite muster up the enthusiasm to pull the trigger. Now the decision has been made for me. Just as well.

#18 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   844 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:31 PM

Jack Skellington T-shirt is 3.99 seems like a better thing to pick up instead of a lanyard but I can't get free shipping.

Except I'm not faux-emo. I'll actually use the lanyard.

#19 NeoMonk  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

I have played every day for 3 weeks now (didn't play this morning).  I have two characters one 311 and the other 318.  I haven't spent a penny in micro transactions.  Seemingly all of it is related to shaders and ornaments (which I haven't even figured out yet).  

If you don't care about cosmetic crap you shouldn't be tempted to spend anything on micro transactions.  

It's not really up for debate shits broken when even Destiny dedicated podcasts are bashing the shit out of bungie for everything they're doing wrong with this game.

But I don't want to derail this thread so I'll leave it at that.

#20 dkstariob   Banned Banned   399 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

Dayum this seems like a nice deal. Is the game actually worth it at this price??

No.  Stay away.  Absolutely disgusting practices.  

#21 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:45 PM

Seems dead

#22 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7803 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

It's not really up for debate shits broken when even Destiny dedicated podcasts are bashing the shit out of bungie for everything they're doing wrong with this game.

I played the crap out of the first one.  Got bored with it.  Put off buying this one till it was cheap.  Having fun with it.  Enough to buy the first DLC.   People seem to forget the first 1 was pretty screwed up too at launch.  It isn't perfect but isn't as broken as some would have you believe.  Full disclosure I don't do the Raids so maybe they are broken.  Everything else seems to work pretty well.  Not a big fan of one of the public event types but that is just me. 

I will agree that you really need the DLC to play past a week or two.  Which I guess is kind of crappy.  But it was cheap enough IMO for those who got in on this deal.

Deal is apparently dead anyway.  

#23 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10112 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

That's like seeing a movie based on a critic's opinion of the movie.  :roll:

I've been playing it daily like Jimbo, and even though the Dawning daily gifts have been mostly meh, I can't get enough of the game because I have so much fun playing it.  I tend to play with one or more friends, which I highly recommend.

Queue the BDF chants, but all the negative press that Bungie is getting for the Dawning and how it is doling out the rewards is pretty ridiculous.  The Dawning last year in Destiny 1 was this way and I don't recall this level of backlash.  I just think it's cool to hate on the game now (and Battleborn is probably enjoying the break).

#24 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

Just got my code for the expansion and it was 35$ MS Credit. I wish I had know that earlier considering the game trades in for 18

#25 NeoMonk  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

Queue the BDF chants, but all the negative press that Bungie is getting for the Dawning and how it is doling out the rewards is pretty ridiculous.  The Dawning last year in Destiny 1 was this way and I don't recall this level of backlash.  I just think it's cool to hate on the game now (and Battleborn is probably enjoying the break).

So you're saying that this year is as shitty as last year but noone cared to point it out? That's not a really a good defense..

#26 Alchor   CAG for life! CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:27 PM

Coming up at $94.99 for both platforms for me right now.

#27 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10112 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:29 PM

So you're saying that this year is as shitty as last year but noone cared to point it out? That's not a really a good defense..

No, but I can see how someone that WANTS to hate the game can spin it that way.  I'm saying that every single thing that I see online that is related to D2 (tweets, aritcles, videos, blog posts, etc) has so much hate in it that it is unreal.  The community at large is so bitchy and rag-ridden, I really think that there is nothing Bungie can do to please everyone.  If you don't like the game, fine, stop playing it.  But please don't try to poison the water for anyone else that might enjoy it (not aimed at you specifically, I have no idea if you've played it).

#28 juubei1i   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

Coming up at $94.99 for both platforms for me right now

this

#29 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1665 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:33 PM

Too bad no pc
:-(

#30 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:36 PM

Yep, deal's dead. Thanks Cheapy.