* - - - - 1 votes

PSN Flash Sale ends 12/27 @ 11 AM ET/8 AM PT - $14.69 FFIX PS4, $19.79 Yakuza Kiwami

#31 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70350 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:19 AM

Do Ubisoft season passes/DLC just never go on sale? I'm not gonna buy the gold edition when I already own the base game/deluxe edition. Ugh.

Yeah, at least for the Tom Clancy games. The rest are more rare.

#32 Ibacai  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:29 AM

I’m debating FFIX but I already own it on PS1, PC, and IOS.

#33 damonoxide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

damonoxide

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:24 AM

Dammit, I'm waiting for AC: Syndicate and Origins and maybe WD2. Balls.

#34 iBoba Fett   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

iBoba Fett

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:37 AM

I'm seeing a few new discounts from today on psprices.com that aren't in the flash sale for some reason.

For PS4 there's Thief for $2.99, Murdered: Soul Suspect for $3.99, Day of the Tentacle for $5.99, both Metro Redux titles are $4.99, Killallzombies for $5.59, and more.

Vita has some stuff on sale too, contrary to what the flash sale page says. There's Aeternoblade for $2.99, Dissidia Final Fantasy and Lord of Arcana both discounted to $4.99, and Risk of Rain is $3.99, as well as a few discounts for PSP/PS1 titles that work on Vita.

Kinda makes me think someone didn't set up this flash sale properly or something.

#35 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70350 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:19 AM

I'm seeing a few new discounts from today on psprices.com that aren't in the flash sale for some reason.

For PS4 there's Thief for $2.99, Murdered: Soul Suspect for $3.99, Day of the Tentacle for $5.99, both Metro Redux titles are $4.99, Killallzombies for $5.59, and more.

Vita has some stuff on sale too, contrary to what the flash sale page says. There's Aeternoblade for $2.99, Dissidia Final Fantasy and Lord of Arcana both discounted to $4.99, and Risk of Rain is $3.99, as well as a few discounts for PSP/PS1 titles that work on Vita.

Kinda makes me think someone didn't set up this flash sale properly or something.

Those are parts of the main PSN sale:

https://www.cheapass...k-2-more/page-1

#36 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:24 AM

Dammit, I'm waiting for AC: Syndicate and Origins and maybe WD2. Balls.

Origins is on sale.

#37 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2023 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:56 AM

Same, but PS1 & PS3/Vita instead.

From what I can tell, this version is based on the PC release with all of those cheats added in.

Also, if anyone cares about trophies, be warned that this one does have a trophy that makes you do the 1000 consecutive jump rope jumps.

#38 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3632 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:04 AM

zGHQb4O.gif

#39 iBoba Fett   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

iBoba Fett

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:45 AM

Those are parts of the main PSN sale:

https://www.cheapass...k-2-more/page-1

Oh derp, my bad. Must've missed those when I checked the store on Tuesday.

#40 Decker   Xbox Live Cannon Fodder CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:48 AM

That's really cheap for NHL 18 deluxe young stars edition

Yeah, unfortunately the price quoted is wrong. The Deluxe edition is actually $39.99 on sale.

#41 Klatchiansteel   Gump CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Klatchiansteel

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:58 AM

Wasn't Persona $30 for Thanksgiving?  Geez.

#42 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:11 AM

I don’t think I’ll ever buy another game from PSN, physical only for me. I purchased a multiplayer only game recently, which apparently has zero community left, so it’s completely useless. Left it on for 20 minutes and it never found a game.

Contacted Sony, explained it, and they said since the game was downloaded and launched, to go F*** myself.

How would I possibly know the game was useless WITHOUT downloading and launching it?

To treat a customer like this, that has purchased over 400 PSN games for PS4 alone, is beyond me. It’s like they have zero business sense.

Never again.

If Sony didn’t have such good exclusives I would definitely have gone Xbox Only, since they are pretty great about refunds, and being more reasonable than a rat.

With steam, microsoft, and just about every company now, Sony needs to get with the times on digital purchases or they’re going to start losing people.

#43 wildthing2022000   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

wildthing2022000

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

Not missing much then since this a port of the Android/IOS version. Something about digital control over analog or something. Read about it on reddit.

I love this game it's my favourite final fantasy, but the price is a shameless cash grab rip off, especially since its worse than the PS1.

They've removed the analogue movement and left us with the awful android version digital. I can't justify a purchase until they fix such basic errors.

#44 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4710 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

I don’t think I’ll ever buy another game from PSN, physical only for me. I purchased a multiplayer only game recently, which apparently has zero community left, so it’s completely useless. Left it on for 20 minutes and it never found a game.

Contacted Sony, explained it, and they said since the game was downloaded and launched, to go F*** myself.

How would I possibly know the game was useless WITHOUT downloading and launching it?

To treat a customer like this, that has purchased over 400 PSN games for PS4 alone, is beyond me. It’s like they have zero business sense.

Never again.

If Sony didn’t have such good exclusives I would definitely have gone Xbox Only, since they are pretty great about refunds, and being more reasonable than a rat.

With steam, microsoft, and just about every company now, Sony needs to get with the times on digital purchases or they’re going to start losing people.

Just call back and speak to somebody else.   what game?

#45 woozie2  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

Like anything in life, a little preparation never hurts. You should have checked typical forums such as Reddit, GameFAQs, IGN, or the game's own forums for some idea of how active the community is. I do agree that a refund would be the typical response, but to just blame it all on someone else and give up is silly. You say you have purchased 400 games for PS4, it seems like a waste to just abandon something you frequent over one bad experience.

#46 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

Just call back and speak to somebody else.   what game?

Wild guess would be Lawbreakers.

#47 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

so...the same deals as the regular sale? What's the point of this lol. Is Sony trolling us?

#48 Wrectifyy  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

so...the same deals as the regular sale? What's the point of this lol. Is Sony trolling us?

Pretty much, but not every sale is catered to a small segment of their business model like we are. I’m sure there are some people that will discover this sale and make a handful of purchases.

#49 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10020 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:26 PM

Wild guess would be Lawbreakers.

Which is a shame because it is a pretty cool game. Just never took off.

#50 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1767 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:32 PM

Which is a shame because it is a pretty cool game. Just never took off.

Yep Lawbreakers is awesome. They launched too close to Destiny 2. That killed them. Maybe they’ll go the free to pay model to boost the community.

#51 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:37 PM

Never again.

I contacted chat support the other day to get a refund on a game, and they gave me one as a one-time courtesy. You could just say the game was purchased without your knowledge.

Yeah, MS started allowing refunds on digital purchases without any issues, as long as they were made within 2 weeks and you haven't played for more than 2 hours. You supposedly don't even have to contact them to request a refund.

#52 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10020 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:05 PM

Yeah, MS started allowing refunds on digital purchases without any issues, as long as they were made within 2 weeks and you haven't played for more than 2 hours. You supposedly don't even have to contact them to request a refund.

Unfortunately, months later, that’s still only available to a small number of preview members. Been waiting for it to roll out to everyone — if it ever does.

#53 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4710 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

I hate to say it, but I'd buy less with that policy in place.  I mean, I just buy games digitally now, and often -never- play them, or, get around to them a year after I bought them.  If I knew I had to play them within 2 weeks to get a refund if I didn't like it?  I just would put off buying everything, and grab one at a time.   There are also games I buy 'just to try' in case I like it, and I'd be refunding those like crazy.

I'm not saying I hate the idea of refunds... obviously, it's a great to have.  But yeah.  I'd be buying a lot less.

#54 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10020 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

I hate to say it, but I'd buy less with that policy in place. I mean, I just buy games digitally now, and often -never- play them, or, get around to them a year after I bought them. If I knew I had to play them within 2 weeks to get a refund if I didn't like it? I just would put off buying everything, and grab one at a time. There are also games I buy 'just to try' in case I like it, and I'd be refunding those like crazy.

I'm not saying I hate the idea of refunds... obviously, it's a great to have. But yeah. I'd be buying a lot less.

I’d be buying more to try stuff and then refunding stuff left and right that I didn’t like. But sure they’d eventually shut it down if it was abused.

#55 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:00 PM

tumblr_m8bdujPyrV1qlh1s6o1_250.gif

Yeah, that would be nice. It would also be nice to be able to request a 20% code if you didn't get one. It would also also be nice if PS Now behaved like the Xbox Game Pass and allowed you to download games instead of streaming them.

Dammit, Sony.

tumblr_myaoh8cf9b1r7c5qfo2_.gif

#56 Nikasar   Banned Banned   31 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Nikasar

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:58 AM

Street fighter 2017 deluxe bundle worth the price with 20 percent discount?

#57 TonyDanza11  

TonyDanza11

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:40 PM

Thanks! Finally will get madden 18. 

#58 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1627 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:28 PM

Street fighter 2017 deluxe bundle worth the price with 20 percent discount?

I am not the most informed on this but wouldn't waiting for the Arcade Edition be better at this point?

#59 Tell Em Steve-Dave   Prank superstar!! CAGiversary!   3730 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Tell Em Steve-Dave

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

All I ended up getting was Batman enemy within. Now just waiting for all the episodes to be released before I play it

#60 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   867 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

I am not the most informed on this but wouldn't waiting for the Arcade Edition be better at this point?

That’s what i did b/c 1) you can earn offline fight money between now and the change in jan 2) arcade edition physical is vanilla with s1 and s2 vouchers 3) $25 < $40