- - - - -

Final Fantasy XII $20 ($16 GCU) @ Best Buy

#31 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:28 PM

Also, if your store had any stock according to that link, it might not be the SteelBook version.

I will second this comment - Target merged their DCPI a while back, so this listing includes normal and steelbook editions.  Knowing that this product has been going through clearance over the past few weeks, the steelbook editions have been on people's radar and I'm guessing that inventory on those is pretty low.  If you happen to find one, congrats - just don't expect it at this late stage.

#32 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:39 AM

Looks like the $1 off store pickup option is back. Nabbed this for $16 after taxes!

#33 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1959 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:14 AM

Go figure.  I just went out of my way to buy it on clearance for $15 at Target (standard version) before checking the boards and seeing this thread (and yes, every copy I saw at the Targets here were standard, not steelbook, and some had it for $24.98, others for $14.98).

#34 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:30 PM

I'm not a FF fan by any means but I keep hearing that XII is one of the must plays. And as a self described "core" gamer, I feel kinda obligated to at least check it out. The fast foward feature is very enticing as typical JRPGs get boring because of how slow everything is.

The question is: since I'm not in a huge rush to play it (on top of a huge backlog), am I better off just waiting for it to be like $15 (12 w/ GCU)? If that's gonna happen within like six months, it's worth waiting.

#35 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:37 PM

I'm not a FF fan by any means but I keep hearing that XII is one of the must plays. And as a self described "core" gamer, I feel kinda obligated to at least check it out. The fast foward feature is very enticing as typical JRPGs get boring because of how slow everything is.

The question is: since I'm not in a huge rush to play it (on top of a huge backlog), am I better off just waiting for it to be like $15 (12 w/ GCU)? If that's gonna happen within like six months, it's worth waiting.

What does "core" gamer mean?

Also, this game has nowhere to go but down in price and it's not like Square printed a small number of copies.

#36 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

What does "core" gamer mean?

Also, this game has nowhere to go but down in price and it's not like Square printed a small number of copies.

IMO it's basically just another word for an enthusiast. Enthusiasts of any medium usually, at least, dabble in a wide variety of genres/types. So as an enthusiast, and as someone who has a low tolerance for JRPGs with a few amazing exceptions, this is one I feel I've missed

#37 Dr0p   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

12/13 prolly the worst IMHO.

9/10 doe

#38 yank33blugenes  

yank33blugenes

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:55 AM

weird gcu not stacking