- - - - -

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IX - 2018

#301 Tothoro  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:18 AM

I wish more games would just do a steelbook edition alongside the CEs. FighterZ and God of War both have steelbooks bundled in with a bunch of other stuff in the LE. The statues are cool, but I'm running out of room to display cool LE statues.

xTOTHORO.png

COLStraightEdge.png

#302 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5366 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:24 AM

attachicon.gifDB55375B-3F53-44F9-B406-CDA18611B3AC.jpegattachicon.gif733F95BA-E12E-44F4-8CBA-8D0862F7B051.jpeg
Images pulled from Best Buy listings.

Ok so it looks like there are some additional items in the Stone Masons edition. 3 physical items and 1 additional DLC item. $119.99 vs. $103.99(with GCU). Not much difference in price for four more items. Think I will be going for the Stone Masons ed.

The ring in the SM edition is nifty, but that head keychain is made of nightmares.  That's why I passed on the Stone Mason ed. 

946009.png  

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#303 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:30 AM

I wish more games would just do a steelbook edition alongside the CEs. FighterZ and God of War both have steelbooks bundled in with a bunch of other stuff in the LE. The statues are cool, but I'm running out of room to display cool LE statues.

Super this. I have so many statues at this point I need an extra room in my house to display them lol.

Also I'm really not sure an extra $30 is worth a few extra physical items, especially that keychain. I guess I'll keep my preorder just in case.

#304 ph14woozies  

ph14woozies

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:48 AM

btw, God of War Collector Edition is $129.99 ($103.99 with GCU) not $119.99, so extra $20 for the keychain, ring,  two craving figures, and DLC. I take it. And I think the Mason Edition box look a little bit different than the Collector Edition.

#305 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:07 AM

Exactly, I'm only interested in the game and steelbook.  I have zero room for other stuff.

Join Ebates

Join PrizeRebel

#306 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:24 AM

Just a heads up, I know it's on the front page.  But Best buy has the Dishonored 2 CE clearanced out for $44 after GCU.

It has been around this price for a while, I picked it up this time last year for roughly the same price.  It is a REALLY good value for what you get.  The mask is practically life-size, you get the original game included (DL code), a nice poster, adn a REALLY nice steelbook.

https://www.bestbuy....VC8RZy9Cd8SxsuA

#307 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6182 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:31 AM

Just a heads up, I know it's on the front page.  But Best buy has the Dishonored 2 CE clearanced out for $44 after GCU.

It has been around this price for a while, I picked it up this time last year for roughly the same price.  It is a REALLY good value for what you get.  The mask is practically life-size, you get the original game included (DL code), a nice poster, adn a REALLY nice steelbook.

https://www.bestbuy....VC8RZy9Cd8SxsuA

someone mentioned that the original game voucher code expired.

#308 SolidDante611   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

SolidDante611

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:59 AM

Just an FYI. I got the Best Buy steel pack. Just used the code on my Xbox One. Worked just fine. There isn't even an expiration date on the ticket.

#309 fallofparadise  

fallofparadise

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:00 AM

I purchased this Dishonored 2 Collectors Edition on Black Friday of 2016 and never used the code before it expired. Just a couple of months ago, I emailed Bethesda and they sent me a new code out as long as I provided them with proof of purchase(receipt scanned)

So snag this up and you'll still be able to get the first Dishonored code.

#310 wakkawakka   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

wakkawakka

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

Only the ps4 codes expire. Xbox still work for eternity.

#311 Gsmack1   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:43 AM

I purchased this Dishonored 2 Collectors Edition on Black Friday of 2016 and never used the code before it expired. Just a couple of months ago, I emailed Bethesda and they sent me a new code out as long as I provided them with proof of purchase(receipt scanned)

So snag this up and you'll still be able to get the first Dishonored code.

It’s weird I never used mine from launch so
I gave it a try other day An it still worked I was supsired

Just seen other post about Xbox ones never mind

#312 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   703 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

Debating whether I should keep my DBF CE since I only care for the SB.

Help convince me one way or the other please!

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Prey/Dragon's Dogma   ::   :vita: Monster Monpiece/Muramasa ::   :3ds: n/a

#313 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6182 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:16 PM

Just an FYI. I got the Best Buy steel pack. Just used the code on my Xbox One. Worked just fine. There isn't even an expiration date on the ticket.

Only the ps4 codes expire. Xbox still work for eternity.

yea... i forgot to mention, its the PS4 code that is expired.

#314 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3416 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:29 PM

Went to pre-order Shadow of the Colossus Special Edition and to my disappointment both Amazon and Best Buy are no longer taking pre-orders! 

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy or if I will have any luck getting one on release day? Shadow of the Colossus is one of my all-time favourite games.  I even have a SotC tattoo, that's how much I love this game. 

Currently Playing(in rotation):

:ps4: Sega Genesis Classics,  God of War and Yakuza 6 |  :xb1: PUBG |   :switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon,DKC: Tropical Freeze, Owlboy, and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Also Casually Playing: 

Crazy Taxi (Dreamcast)

#315 PulsarInferno  

PulsarInferno

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:30 PM

Went to pre-order Shadow of the Colossus Special Edition and to my disappointment both Amazon and Best Buy are no longer taking pre-orders! 

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy or if I will have any luck getting one on release day? Shadow of the Colossus is one of my all-time favourite games.  I even have a SotC tattoo, that's how much I love this game. 

Did you try Gamestop?

1099471.png

#316 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3416 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

Did you try Gamestop?

I checked online and can't pre-order it on their website. I need to check the store though, no 20% off at Gamestop of course, but I would be fine paying full price for this. I will check my local store on Friday to see if I can order a copy there. I feel that Sony should just send me an early copy to review due to my dedication to the game haha. 

Currently Playing(in rotation):

:ps4: Sega Genesis Classics,  God of War and Yakuza 6 |  :xb1: PUBG |   :switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon,DKC: Tropical Freeze, Owlboy, and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Also Casually Playing: 

Crazy Taxi (Dreamcast)

#317 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   849 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:06 PM

Someone said Newegg had it a few days back.

#318 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   849 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

https://m.newegg.com...ASAAEgKi2vD_BwE

#319 andycandy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

Walmart

ktown321.png

#320 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:42 PM

Apparently the UK version got a GAME exclusive statue edition.

https://mobile.twitt...485509333241856

#321 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:52 PM

Apparently the UK version got a GAME exclusive statue edition.

https://mobile.twitt...485509333241856

It would be nice if Kotobukiya did a re-release of the figures/statue that they produced when originally released for PS2. They go for crazy prices on eBay.

#322 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3378 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

Exactly, I'm only interested in the game and steelbook.  I have zero room for other stuff.

Same here. It's frustrating but I may just pay a premium for the SB on ebay because its likely cheaper that way anyway.

#323 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11172 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:12 AM

Really thinking I might return my MHW CE when it arrives. Especially since I grabbed a download code at Walmart to start playing it early, it seems like the Samurai DLC can be brought on day one anyway (Aside from the gaudy avatar set I wouldnt use anyway).

And the statue is so tiny.......the Soundtrack and Artbook don't make up for that $80-$90 upcharge.

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#324 hedliniv   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

hedliniv

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:16 AM

anyone know anything about this release?  It looks like there is some sort of Amazon.jp exclusive version for the new Hyrule Warriors release on the Switch.  Any insight???

https://www.amazon.c...em_1p_2_ti?th=1

#325 Tothoro  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:24 AM

anyone know anything about this release?  It looks like there is some sort of Amazon.jp exclusive version for the new Hyrule Warriors release on the Switch.  Any insight???

It comes with a sleeve case.

xTOTHORO.png

COLStraightEdge.png

#326 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1015 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:12 AM

Really thinking I might return my MHW CE when it arrives. Especially since I grabbed a download code at Walmart to start playing it early, it seems like the Samurai DLC can be brought on day one anyway (Aside from the gaudy avatar set I wouldnt use anyway).

And the statue is so tiny.......the Soundtrack and Artbook don't make up for that $80-$90 upcharge.

Yeah. I kinda knew the figure would-be small and opted out of the CE. I rather pay $60 for the game and spend $100 on an actual Rathalos figure or something similar.

#327 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11172 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:14 AM

Yeah. I kinda knew the figure would-be small and opted out of the CE. I rather pay $60 for the game and spend $100 on an actual Rathalos figure or something similar.

Yup. I'm either gonna just straight up return it, or maybe toss it on Ebay if the prices hold/go higher.

Gamestop sent me a 20% off Collectables coupon and I could just use this money plus that to get another one of the Overwatch statue collection figures and would be totally happy lol.

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#328 Slayer1091   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Slayer1091

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:01 AM

Yup. I'm either gonna just straight up return it, or maybe toss it on Ebay if the prices hold/go higher.

Gamestop sent me a 20% off Collectables coupon and I could just use this money plus that to get another one of the Overwatch statue collection figures and would be totally happy lol.

That would great if the Widowmaker was in stock online. I'm surprised the others still are

#329 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11172 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:04 AM

That would great if the Widowmaker was in stock online. I'm surprised the others still are

Yeah, luckily I wanted Reaper next anyway. Though 20% off might have been enough to get me to consider D.va lol

I got super lucky when I brought my Tracer at a ThinkGeek as well and got 20% off since she was the last one and the floor model.

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#330 Slayer1091   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Slayer1091

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:40 AM

Yeah, luckily I wanted Reaper next anyway. Though 20% off might have been enough to get me to consider D.va lol

I got super lucky when I brought my Tracer at a ThinkGeek as well and got 20% off since she was the last one and the floor model.

Nice! I got Tracer at HT and got $75 with Hot Cash. I was thinking if D.va was online and I returned the MH CE I could get it for almost $200 which is veryyyyy tempting lol