* * * * - 6 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IX - 2018

#4381 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:26 PM

Very cool. I wonder why they didn't promote this more? PES was the same way this year with no confirmation of a steelbook until copies started arriving.

Pretty sure PES advertised the Beckham Edition from the get go

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#4382 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5918 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:37 PM

Pretty sure PES advertised the Beckham Edition from the get go

They never confirmed that it came with a steelbook, only that it had various digital bonuses and different cover art.

#4383 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:50 PM

They never confirmed that it came with a steelbook, only that it had various digital bonuses and different cover art.

Bestbuy and Amazon certainly did specified it was the steelbook edition

#4384 dualrec  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:31 PM

So.. I see there's now a free steelbook with Fallout from Best Buy, says excludes prior purchases.  I guess we who already ordered are gonna miss out?

Guess I need to order me one by itself when available :(  boo

#4385 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5918 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:37 PM

Bestbuy and Amazon certainly did specified it was the steelbook edition

Please point me in either the Amazon or Best Buy description to where it says a steelbook is included.  It's not listed and it's also not listed on Konami's site.  All it says is that it's a Beckham edition and it lists some digital bonuses you get with it.  

#4386 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   375 Posts   Joined 0.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:41 PM

So.. I see there's now a free steelbook with Fallout from Best Buy, says excludes prior purchases. I guess we who already ordered are gonna miss out?

Guess I need to order me one by itself when available :( boo

In for 50. /s

My pre-GCU-expiration preorder won't get one. I'm not paying $12+tax for a case

#4387 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:45 PM

So.. I see there's now a free steelbook with Fallout from Best Buy, says excludes prior purchases. I guess we who already ordered are gonna miss out?

Guess I need to order me one by itself when available :( boo

Where did you see early orders won't be grandfathered?

Please point me in either the Amazon or Best Buy description to where it says a steelbook is included. It's not listed and it's also not listed on Konami's site. All it says is that it's a Beckham edition and it lists some digital bonuses you get with it.

CAG tweet back in May. They literally used the pic provided on Amazon.

#4388 dualrec  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:48 PM

Saw on Bestbuy.com. Just search for Fallout 76.  It will either show you a banner or you can see it as a 'free item'.

The banner details had the 'excludes prior' part.

#4389 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36688 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:55 PM

In for 50. /s

My pre-GCU-expiration preorder won't get one. I'm not paying $12+tax for a case

Would you pay $9.99+tax for it?

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6293777

#4390 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:01 PM

Saw on Bestbuy.com. Just search for Fallout 76. It will either show you a banner or you can see it as a 'free item'.
The banner details had the 'excludes prior' part.

Damn, see it now, can't believe they are shafting early orders now.

#4391 NeoMonk  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:18 PM

Dn9nJgdXoAAYU-M.jpg

#4392 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   375 Posts   Joined 0.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:19 PM

Would you pay $9.99+tax for it?

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6293777

Thanks for the link! But still no haha

#4393 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5918 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:35 PM

Where did you see early orders won't be grandfathered?CAG tweet back in May. They literally used the pic provided on Amazon.

Again, where does it say it comes with a Steelbook?  There is a picture of Beckham holding a gold case with no indication that it's a steelbook or anything else.

#4394 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9750 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:44 PM

For some reason I suddenly think that Robot White Elite controller looks pimp.  Might have to trade some stuff in for it.

Even though I already blew money on the Gears of War version :)

I would be more excited about it if this controller used the new model style.  But after looking at it again it does look really nice. :)

#4395 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:45 PM

There is a picture of Beckham holding a gold case

A picture of the gold steelbook is not enough for you? Anybody who collecting steelbook could immediately tell it is a steelbook. Please show me anything that looks remotely to a steelbook (rectangular shape with round corners, metallic color), but not steelbook.

#4396 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   375 Posts   Joined 0.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:54 PM

Dn9nJgdXoAAYU-M.jpg

PS4 and Switch versions are up for preoder on Amazon.

#4397 PulsarInferno  

PulsarInferno

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:07 PM

My Power Armor edition shows the free steelbook when I click the link:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6255288

Think ill save this screen shot if they want to fight it.

#4398 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5918 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:37 PM

A picture of the gold steelbook is not enough for you? Anybody who collecting steelbook could immediately tell it is a steelbook. Please show me anything that looks remotely to a steelbook (rectangular shape with round corners, metallic color), but not steelbook.

Literally Forza.  People were debating whether or not Forza came with a steelbook because the photo showed rounded edges on the case, but no indication of a steelbook.  Now that Tyrok and others have it in hand, we know.  Also, the PES "steelbook" photo wasn't even the primary photo put up on Amazon and there is literally no reference in any written materials Konami or anyone else put out in the United States to indicate the Beckham edition came with a steelbook.  My point remains that there is something wrong here if both Konami and Microsoft aren't even bothering to mention steelbooks anymore as a selling point for the editions.    

#4399 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:05 PM

My Power Armor edition shows the free steelbook when I click the link:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6255288

Think ill save this screen shot if they want to fight it.

It will just show up separate in a bubble mailer smash to hell lol.

#4400 knothead65  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:07 PM

It will just show up separate in a bubble mailer smash to hell lol.

I've bought about 30 steelbooks online haven't gotten a damaged one yet.

#4401 PulsarInferno  

PulsarInferno

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:10 PM

I've never had one come damaged as well and I do store pickup when available and have always had perfect steelbooks and collectors editions in boxes.

#4402 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:13 PM

I have never bought any on their own. But ones that were added for buying something show up about 80% of the time for me in bubble mailer smash and damaged lol.

The fallout one is exclusive to Best Buy right?

#4403 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:13 PM

Literally Forza. People were debating whether or not Forza came with a steelbook because the photo showed rounded edges on the case, but no indication of a steelbook. Now that Tyrok and others have it in hand, we know. Also, the PES "steelbook" photo wasn't even the primary photo put up on Amazon and there is literally no reference in any written materials Konami or anyone else put out in the United States to indicate the Beckham edition came with a steelbook. My point remains that there is something wrong here if both Konami and Microsoft aren't even bothering to mention steelbooks anymore as a selling point for the editions.

Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate is the only one to never disclose whether it is includes steelbook, blindsided both consumers and retailers, this I never disputed.

I am only refuting your claim no one reveal whether steelbook comes with PES 2019 Beckham Edition. Amazon is not the only one use that pic, Walmart use it too. First you doubt whether the case is a steelbook, now you questions the legitimacy of the pic, only your skepticism is at fault here.

#4404 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   375 Posts   Joined 0.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:14 PM

Got my Fifa 18 steelbook yesterday in bubble mailer, undamaged. Though it was kinda silly for them to add a free blu-ray disc steelbook for the switch version of the game.

#4405 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:17 PM

Or you have lower standards of "damage" than some steelbook fans. A lot of them will take it back if there is one speck of paint missing or a scratch you can't see unless you hold it up to a spotlight. ;)

#4406 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5918 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:21 PM

Got my Fifa 18 steelbook yesterday in bubble mailer, undamaged. Though it was kinda silly for them to add a free blu-ray disc steelbook for the switch version of the game.

Which retailer offered a Fifa 18 steelbook?  Thank you.

Nevermind, I thought you were talking about Fifa 19.  

#4407 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:24 PM

I don’t have any input in this net argument, but for posterity sake MetalPak look like Steelbook from the front yet they are NOT Steelbook.

#4408 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5918 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:25 PM

Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate is the only one to never disclose whether it is includes steelbook, blindsided both consumers and retailers, this I never disputed.

I am only refuting your claim no one reveal whether steelbook comes with PES 2019 Beckham Edition. Amazon is not the only one use that pic, Walmart use it too. First you doubt whether the case is a steelbook, now you questions the legitimacy of the pic, only your skepticism is at fault here.

The primary Amazon image is the Beckham edition in a standard plastic blue PS4 case.  You have to click over to that specific image on the item page and nowhere in the item description or anywhere else does it say it comes with a Steelbook.  In fact, that image you referenced doesn't even say it's the US version of the game as they were very, very clear in Europe that the Beckham edition came with a Steelbook.  There is literally nothing on any materials anywhere in the US that indicates that it would come with a Steelbook.  I even asked repeatedly on the Konami forums and social media and none of the reps knew.  A single image with Beckham holding a gold case is not advertising that it comes with a Steelbook and frankly, was just bad marketing.  

#4409 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:34 PM

The primary Amazon image is the Beckham edition in a standard plastic blue PS4 case. You have to click over to that specific image on the item page and nowhere in the item description or anywhere else does it say it comes with a Steelbook. In fact, that image you referenced doesn't even say it's the US version of the game as they were very, very clear in Europe that the Beckham edition came with a Steelbook. There is literally nothing on any materials anywhere in the US that indicates that it would come with a Steelbook. I even asked repeatedly on the Konami forums and social media and none of the reps knew. A single image with Beckham holding a gold case is not advertising that it comes with a Steelbook and frankly, was just bad marketing.

Nah I watched this item in Amazon when it still in preorder phase, Beckham holding the steelbook WAS the primary image. No game ever printed rating board logo on the steelbook, only make sense to put out a generic pic like that.

#4410 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5918 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:42 PM

Nah I watched this item in Amazon when it still in preorder phase, Beckham holding the steelbook WAS the primary image. No game ever printed rating board logo on the steelbook, only make sense to put out a generic pic like that.

Nope.  I know that for sure because I repeatedly asked Konami about the image and explained that they would have to click to the second image.  Nice try though.  I'm still waiting for you to post proof that they ever said the game comes with a Steelbook.  The European listings all have it in the description and it was in the European press release .  All you've done is shown that Amazon and maybe Walmart had one image showing a gold case with no other information leaving potential customers to guess as to what it was.