* * * - - 7 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IX - 2018

#4411 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1427 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:43 PM

Nope. I know that for sure because I repeatedly asked Konami about the image and explained that they would have to click to the second image. Nice try though. I'm still waiting for you to post proof that they ever said the game comes with a Steelbook. The European listings all have it in the description and it was in the European press release . All you've done is shown that Amazon and maybe Walmart had one image showing a gold case with no other information leaving potential customers to guess as to what it was.

I never said Konami said its includes Steelbook, so nice try though.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#4412 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6174 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:46 PM

I never said Konami said its includes Steelbook, so nice try though.

Then I guess we are in agreement.  

#4413 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1427 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:02 PM

Then I guess we are in agreement.

My point still stand, retailers were transparent what they advertised and sold

#4414 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6174 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:08 PM

My point still stand, retailers were transparent what they advertised and sold

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree.   

#4415 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:33 PM

Dn9nJgdXoAAYU-M.jpg

Just a heads up on the exclusives, The PS4 is getting an HD remaster of the 2013 game "Linear Bounded Phenogram"

While the Switch version is getting a newly developed game, Stein's;Gate 8-bit, which is apparently an adventure game done in an old school famicom style.

#4416 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:07 AM

You mad?

Best part of b2g1 is deal was dead already when I mentioned it, enjoying my X tho thanks for bringing it up

No that's false. Shrike is correct.

#4417 Thiah  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:59 AM

https://bit.ly/2xTszX4 - damnit. Didn’t copy right. PS4 500 up on dell

EDIT: https://www.dell.com...es/apd/aa324342

#4418 SPORK94  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:05 AM

Just a heads up on the exclusives, The PS4 is getting an HD remaster of the 2013 game "Linear Bounded Phenogram"

While the Switch version is getting a newly developed game, Stein's;Gate 8-bit, which is apparently an adventure game done in an old school famicom style.

Steins; Gate 8-bit already existed. I think this is different one though.

#4419 Darkshado   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:09 AM

https://bit.ly/2xTszX4 - damnit. Didn’t copy right. PS4 500 up on dell

EDIT: https://www.dell.com...es/apd/aa324342

Thank you! Got an order in. :)

#4420 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:21 AM

Most likely wont ship. Thi of course I miss by a few mins to even get a chance. Just my luck

#4421 macm_gamer  

macm_gamer

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:45 AM

Most likely wont ship. Thi of course I miss by a few mins to even get a chance. Just my luck

Got an order on Dell if any consolation I don't think it will ship, I got one on GS ultimate bundle (I wanted that bad)

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

#4422 lobitoh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   539 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

Those who are still looking tales of vesperia collectors EU version is in stock and ship to USa https://www.amazon.e...ef_=ya_aw_od_pi

#4423 shosaisyu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

shosaisyu

Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:33 PM

Those who are still looking tales of vesperia collectors EU version is in stock and ship to USa https://www.amazon.e...ef_=ya_aw_od_pi

Damn, PS4 sold out or not available..sigh.

#4424 IAMSAM34  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:06 PM

Thanks, picked up the Switch version. Hoping the ps4 version comes back in stock

#4425 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:24 PM

Probably going to regret not picking this up but the japanese KH3 Pro is up for preorder on nin-nin.

https://www.nin-nin-...8872015646.html

#4426 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14193 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:05 PM

Saw on Bestbuy.com. Just search for Fallout 76.  It will either show you a banner or you can see it as a 'free item'.

The banner details had the 'excludes prior' part.

I'd be willing to bet this is to cover their asses in case they Fuck it up again a la Monster Hunter World, where one of my orders never did receive a steel (which was the one that was placed day one, and the one placed days before release did get it). Irregardless, there's nothing stopping anyone with a brain from canceling their order and pre-ordering again, which I did last night. My new order reflects the SB and gave me another beta code, which I'll probably end up using for someone I know that wants to play at the last minute once they're missing out as per usual. :roll:

Oh and I love how they sent out that email regarding them giving out the wrong beta codes for your platform, and not to worry -- they'd be sending out the correct ones soon. Yeah, that never fucking happened BB; WTF are you idiots even doing these days?

#4427 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3523 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:18 PM

...Irregardless, there's nothing stopping anyone with a brain from canceling their order and pre-ordering again...

That doesn't help people who ordered the Power Armor edition though

#4428 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14193 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:22 PM

That doesn't help people who ordered the Power Armor edition though

Yikes, fair point; hadn't thought of/missed that. Well we'll see what happens I suppose but one workaround is to pre-order instore and have the steel shipped, which is always the case with store pickup. You can return the game without being charged unless they finally caught on, but chances are their system is still dumb and allows it. Done this plenty of times after changing my mind on a game that got bad reviews.

#4429 PulsarInferno  

PulsarInferno

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:30 PM

Yikes, fair point; hadn't thought of/missed that. Well we'll see what happens I suppose but one workaround is to pre-order instore and have the steel shipped, which is always the case with store pickup. You can return the game without being charged unless they finally caught on, but chances are their system is still dumb and allows it. Done this plenty of times after changing my mind on a game that got bad reviews.

Yea that's why I printed the page for my Power Armor one (cant cancel re-order) and have store pickup, I know they will just be sitting in a pile where my BB is so ill just have em toss one in at time of pickup.

Edit: 

This is also to cover themselves for their major screw up with the Spiderman codes that just blew up in their faces a few weeks ago.

#4430 dualrec  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

I'd be willing to bet this is to cover their asses in case they Fuck it up again a la Monster Hunter World, where one of my orders never did receive a steel (which was the one that was placed day one, and the one placed days before release did get it). Irregardless, there's nothing stopping anyone with a brain from canceling their order and pre-ordering again, which I did last night. My new order reflects the SB and gave me another beta code, which I'll probably end up using for someone I know that wants to play at the last minute once they're missing out as per usual. :roll:

Oh and I love how they sent out that email regarding them giving out the wrong beta codes for your platform, and not to worry -- they'd be sending out the correct ones soon. Yeah, that never fucking happened BB; WTF are you idiots even doing these days?

Yep.  They're slacking these days.

Re-ordering is good....unless you have the power armor edition ordered.... :(

#4431 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8131 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:49 PM

Probably going to regret not picking this up but the japanese KH3 Pro is up for preorder on nin-nin.

https://www.nin-nin-...8872015646.html

As cool as these types of things are, it makes no sense to pay double price of a pro just to get a stencil or a colorway. 

#4432 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8131 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:53 PM

Yeah I'm still mad about never receiving my Monster Hunter World steelbook from my day1 BB pre-order.  I tried, but there were simply none available through shipping or in stores.  It often pays to be proactive.  When you want things done you have to do them yourself;  you've got to go into the store and make a manager add one to your order.  Unfortunately in some cases (like MH) they don't even have any extras in the store. 

#4433 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2970 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:56 PM

Just ordered Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition

I thought I was safe from the bi-yearly Forza Steelbook this year, but noooope lol

I hate being a series completionist sometimes...smh

#4434 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:56 PM

As cool as these types of things are, it makes no sense to pay double price of a pro just to get a stencil or a colorway.

Yeah I agree personally but I know some pretty die hard KH fans out there. I'll stick with my GoW pro myself. (Unless this one comes to the US and I feel like making bad decisions)

#4435 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4876 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:08 PM

I've fully embraced the 'collector' aspect of video games, so themed limited edition consoles are definitely an unavoidable part of my reality. I do, at least, keep it restricted to series that I really like and USA releases only. Outside of the collecting aspect, though, I just find most of them to be really damn cool. All of that said, that damn KH3 pro will be my 3rd PS4 Pro and 5th PS4 overall if it comes stateside >_> lol.

#4436 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8131 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:10 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love the appeal of the LE consoles.  I totally understand buying one of the 500 mil LEs for 500 bucks.  

At the same time I bought my (Star Wars) pro for only $325 and it's perfectly fine.  At this point in the PS4's life cycle that money would be better spent on your PC or else saved for the PS5.  That's not a small difference; it's over 300 dollars. 

#4437 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4876 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:15 PM

If one already has a pro, then getting another one that won't be used is certainly not a 'good' usage of money. No one can argue with that undeniable fact haha. But that's where subjective collecting value--like personal value, not monetary--comes into play and clashes with functional, reasonable value. For instance, I have enough 3DS systems to ensure that an entire football team can play at once, with a few to spare for their kids. Functionally, those stopped being useful 10+ systems ago. But I really like them all, and I'm very happy that I have them. It's a weird spot to be in and clashes with sensibility if one doesn't hold the same or similar values or priorities. 

#4438 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5213 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:32 PM

So I just looked at Gamestop’s website to check on my MM11 preorder and they upped the price to the standard $60. The website says the price is subject to change without notice but I don’t believe that is legal. Pretty sure when you agree to a sale that’s it or either party can back out and start over again but you can’t change it after it’s done.

Guess I’ll wait it out and see if they email me about it before just shipping. I would imagine those should start shipping soon.

#4439 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14386 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:00 PM

OoS, sigh.

#4440 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:21 PM

So I just looked at Gamestop’s website to check on my MM11 preorder and they upped the price to the standard $60. The website says the price is subject to change without notice but I don’t believe that is legal. Pretty sure when you agree to a sale that’s it or either party can back out and start over again but you can’t change it after it’s done.

Guess I’ll wait it out and see if they email me about it before just shipping. I would imagine those should start shipping soon.

It's legal. You can always cancel or get your money back. If they didn't allow refunds it would be different.