* * * * - 6 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IX - 2018

#4891 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2082 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:52 PM

I got my Fallout 76 Steelbook in the mail. Pretty much wrecked in a bubble mailer. The backside is falling off.

I bought it w/o buying the game (yet). I should be able to exchange it yeah?

Got the BFV steel in a box mailer. All mint and its pretty nice looking. Nice gloss

Should be no problem. Stores got a bunch.

#4892 gpn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:19 AM

With all the fiasco of servers going live early yesterday, my BB refused to budge when told that street had already been broken and GS was selling it. Ended up getting to play 9 hours early thanks to GS and BB lost a sale for their stubbornness. We even walked in there to ask if they still wouldn't budge on releasing it early, showing our purchased copies because we'd rather get the $12 off from GCU. They said nothing they could do and we walked out. Soon as GCU is up, I'm done with them.

That's weird. I received an email about a week ago that Best Buy was going to sell Fallout 76 at 8pm on 11/13. I called my store and asked if they were participating and if I could pick up my pre-ordered power armor edition then. They said yes to both and I was able to pick it up with no problem last night.

#4893 wakkawakka   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

wakkawakka

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:14 AM

My power armor edition came in today. It's pretty neat. FYI if you're on the fence about keeping it, just open the bottom of the box and don't cut the circle tape. You can slide eveything out from the bottom cause it's a simple cardboard tab holding everything in. If you don't like it just put it back in the box and return it.

#4894 wakkawakka   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

wakkawakka

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:15 AM

Oh an my pre order bonus steelbook came in a separate cardboard box in perfect condition.

#4895 NeoMonk  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:12 PM

Up @ BB for $259.99 (Pre GCU) for XB1 and PS4179915brp.jpg

#4896 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13680 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:07 PM

GameStop breaking the street date by a few hours is irrelevant considering Best Buys POS wouldn't let them sell it to you no matter how much they want to keep your business. :shame:

Understood, and that was the reason they gave which is a corporate issue. My expectation was to at least try to raise higher-ups at BB to see if anything could be done, because that's how things were handled when I worked at EB whenever street was broken. At the very least, the feedback of two lost sales should send a clear message that their current system isn't flexible enough to handle situations such as this.

#4897 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13680 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:10 PM

God forbid people doing their jobs didn't want to break the rules to cater specifically to you because you're the one customer they can't afford to lose.  The level of entitlement is astounding. 

When the people paying their salary stop coming to the store, they will lose their jobs. ;)

#4898 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11688 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:10 PM

For me, that's an easy pass at that price, even with GCU.  It doesn't look like you are getting much at all for the money.

#4899 srocky26  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:14 PM

Understood, and that was the reason they gave which is a corporate issue. My expectation was to at least try to raise higher-ups at BB to see if anything could be done, because that's how things were handled when I worked at EB whenever street was broken. At the very least, the feedback of two lost sales should send a clear message that their current system isn't flexible enough to handle situations such as this.

The entitlement is strong with this one.

#4900 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13680 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:15 PM

That's weird. I received an email about a week ago that Best Buy was going to sell Fallout 76 at 8pm on 11/13. I called my store and asked if they were participating and if I could pick up my pre-ordered power armor edition then. They said yes to both and I was able to pick it up with no problem last night.

That's correct, the issue was GS told their stores to sell it at open, a full 10 hours before that time because servers were already up and live.

#4901 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13680 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:20 PM

The entitlement is strong with this one.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, doesn't make you any more right or wrong than me.

#4902 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5956 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:08 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, doesn't make you any more right or wrong than me.

That's not correct.  Everyone may be entitled to their opinion, but you came here looking for some kind of validation of what you perceived to be a grave injustice and what most of us recognize is you were being unreasonable.  So, the consensus would be that your opinion is irrational and is in fact "wrong".  

#4903 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:17 PM

Up @ BB for $259.99 (Pre GCU) for XB1 and PS4179915brp.jpg

Oh I ain’t paying that price. Hope it goes down to $60 one day like god of war CE

#4904 Cloudx9  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:21 PM

Oh I ain’t paying that price. Hope it goes down to $60 one day like god of war CE

God of War CE was only half the price of this to began with.

#4905 Tothoro  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, the price is kinda absurd. Wish they just did a steelbook edition for like $75.

#4906 Stele   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   613 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:17 PM

Overpriced diorama. Megahouse only produces plastic figures. Granted, a big resin diorama could cost over $500 by itself.

#4907 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43996 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:51 PM

I have an extra Xbox One Fallout 76 Power Armor Collectors set. Anyone interested? Cost + Shipping (After Tax & GCU $174.00 + Exact Shipping)

If I don't get a PM in a few hours its going back to BB.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

#4908 elessar123  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:22 PM

I have an extra Xbox One Fallout 76 Power Armor Collectors set. Anyone interested? Cost + Shipping (After Tax & GCU $174.00 + Exact Shipping)

If I don't get a PM in a few hours its going back to BB.

Just return it. It's still in stock at Best Buy for free shipping. Shipping 10 lbs will end up being more than if they just bought it from Best Buy.

#4909 PulsarInferno  

PulsarInferno

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:42 PM

So weird I canceled my fallout but they still shipped me the free steelbook.  Thanks Best Buy my collection thanks you

#4910 syndragore  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:49 PM

So weird I canceled my fallout but they still shipped me the free steelbook.  Thanks Best Buy my collection thanks you

You might want to double check your order, when I cancelled my order for the Power Armor edition the steelbook changed from free to $10 in my order status page. I had to cancel it separately.

Somewhat related- does anyone know if you preorder a game with a free steelbook and return the game, do they require you to return the steelbook as well? Or will they just deduct the value of the steelbook from the return value?

#4911 PulsarInferno  

PulsarInferno

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:51 PM

You might want to double check your order, when I cancelled my order for the Power Armor edition the steelbook changed from free to $10 in my order status page. I had to cancel it separately.

Somewhat related- does anyone know if you preorder a game with a free steelbook and return the game, do they require you to return the steelbook as well? Or will they just deduct the value of the steelbook from the return value?

Packing slip says 0$ credit card shows 0$ charge I believe i am in the free and clear

#4912 ck0  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:05 PM

That's not correct.  Everyone may be entitled to their opinion, but you came here looking for some kind of validation of what you perceived to be a grave injustice and what most of us recognize is you were being unreasonable.  So, the consensus would be that your opinion is irrational and is in fact "wrong".  

Succinctly put; that about sums it up.  

This deal business is toxic as it is -- with resellers and people with a sense of entitlement.  Glad to see more of some sense, decency, and decorum.  

#4913 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted Yesterday, 07:03 AM

Actually, no one is entitled to an opinion. Everyone can "have" an opinion, since there's nothing to stop you from doing so, but you're not entitled to one. The only thing anyone is entitled to is provable facts.

#4914 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted Yesterday, 12:28 PM

Best buy suddenly restocked the Pokemon Switch bundles, they are available to ship as well as showing available at most stores around me. I really thought these were going to be pretty rare given how long they have been sold out for!

If anyone was wanting to grab one though now is your chance!

#4915 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2082 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:46 PM

Best buy suddenly restocked the Pokemon Switch bundles, they are available to ship as well as showing available at most stores around me. I really thought these were going to be pretty rare given how long they have been sold out for!

If anyone was wanting to grab one though now is your chance!

My store usually gets 30+ of new Switch bundles but we only got 7 of the Pokemon one. They probably just didn't want to take more orders than they could fulfill but it does seem like it will be rare.

#4916 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4636 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:25 PM

Actually, no one is entitled to an opinion. Everyone can "have" an opinion, since there's nothing to stop you from doing so, but you're not entitled to one. The only thing anyone is entitled to is provable facts.

This has to be the most needlessly nit-picky and contrarian post I've seen on the internet in a while. Lmao

#4917 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2653 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:29 PM

Anyone have issues with their Battlefield V steelbook?  I swapped it once already, but both that I got had a cut down the spine from when the box was opened lol.  Looks like shit.

#4918 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted Yesterday, 06:48 PM

This has to be the most needlessly nit-picky and contrarian post I've seen on the internet in a while. Lmao

#4919 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4636 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:50 PM

Which, we must all remember, I am not actually entitled to. Lmao