- - - - -

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IX - 2018

#931 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:38 PM

I'm not a fan of vinyl (at all), but I would buy that vinyl in a heartbeat.  I'm shocked you can actually make music with it.

i have both pre ordered, debating if i can afford to keep both lol

#932 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9440 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:40 PM

If you could consider *GASP* opening them, you could probably make $50-$55 of that back by selling one copy of the game and maybe a little more if you sold the SP.

#933 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6817 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:25 PM

Kings Edition cost less than the US CE and it has more stuff, Easily the better choice.  :-

Wow, the King's Edition is really nice. Blows the NA version out of the water.

Yes, yes, and yep, I think it's time to cancel domestic pre-orders.  The King's Edition is baller. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#934 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9440 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:16 AM

Lawlz, always the bridesmaid and never the bride.

#935 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5362 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:26 AM

Acronym, not anagram.  An anagram of 'Octopath' would be 'topcoat'.

Plus, there are eight main characters each with their own path.....octo + path.  It's just a play on words, but it'd be neat if each of the eight's first name corresponded to the letters in Octopath.

946009.png  

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#936 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:28 AM

If you could consider *GASP* opening them, you could probably make $50-$55 of that back by selling one copy of the game and maybe a little more if you sold the SP.

not an in the box guy here, all my CE stuff is open and out, never saw the appeal in a sealed box on my shelf lol

#937 AFC   Lapsed Gamer CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:30 AM

Yes, yes, and yep, I think it's time to cancel domestic pre-orders.  The King's Edition is baller. 

I only have the US Collector's Edition on pre-order, but I'm thinking of switching after watching those videos. Amazon UK seems to have been sold out for months, though some other UK sites still have it available. The other Amazon European stores (DE/ES/FR/IT) all seem to have stock, but would anyone be able to confirm whether or not extras (in this case I suppose it would mostly just be the artbook) reflect different languages based on the Amazon store it was bought from? I have only ever purchased UK goods from the PAL region previously.

Edit: Was being stupid earlier, so answering my own question. Checking the standard editions on each website shows that the languages are different too. Not really sure why I thought that may not be the case earlier, but I'll blame it on being hungry.

Links for others looking for UK King's Edition:

Amazon UK (currently unavailable): https://www.amazon.c...t/dp/B074N5YM4N

Regarding the below sites, I've heard that ShopTo shipped to the US in the past, but the King's Edition page seems to specifically exclude non-EU addresses. GAME's website is bugging out for me, so I can't really confirm shipping policies right now. The page showed availability earlier today though. If you're willing to gamble on a restock/credit card denials, I'd wait for Amazon UK to get more in.

ShopTo: https://www.shopto.n...r-kings-edition

GAME (higher price than other sites at 159.99 GBP): https://www.game.co....edition-2078452

#938 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2759 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:34 AM

Amazon De still has it:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B074N5YM4N/.

I think it may be the same as Amazon UKs. The QA there seems to indicate English and Japanese audio with text of pretty much every other languages (all the ones spoken in EU at least)

#939 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:48 AM

Octopath Traveler Wayfarer’s Edition is up on Bestbuy.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6219502

EDIT: Just found out this went up like 2 days ago at Bestbuy. I’m sure you guys already knew. My bad.

#940 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9440 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:08 AM

Has the unboxing for the All Rise Edition of MLB The Show 18 been posted?  It almost seems unnecessary because it is very barebones.

#941 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13310 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:46 PM

Wonder if "All Rise" is a dig at Football. ;)

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#942 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:52 PM

aaron judge...unless you're joking lol

#943 AFC   Lapsed Gamer CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:20 PM

Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.c...t/dp/B074N5YM4N

The Ni No Kuni II King's Edition is available for pre-order at Amazon UK again. Does anyone know if there is a difference in choosing between Standard and AmazonGlobal Standard for shipping? Usually the Global option is cheaper in other Amazon regions, but there's a 14-ish GBP increase over the regular Standard on the UK site.

#944 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3344 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:40 PM

598d7de688a7e3b7368b457c-1-720x404.jpg

Standard Ubi stteelbook edition with needless license place and stickers as an exclusive from Ubi store. That said, Ubis years of collectathon open world game design seems to be paying off as a lot of their games have made season passes look much, much better in value. Doesn't change the fact they can be found half price 5 months later.

#945 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:41 PM

isn't the crew 2 going to be online only like the first?

if so, in a few years you'll have nothing but the needless other stuff from this version lol

#946 thorbahn3   Everyone talks too much! Super Moderators   4157 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:43 PM

Amazon has the Yoshitaka Amano: The Illustrated Biography Beyond the Fantasy Limited Edition for $111.16 now. https://www.amazon.c...ASIN=1506707548

#947 mikemb402   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

mikemb402

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:08 AM

Did anyone order ni no kuni 2 collectors edition from the bandai namco store? I was charged a few weeks ago so I'm wondering if anyone's order has shipped or gotten some sort of tracking number since the release is a week from now. 

#948 usflegend   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   45 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:52 AM

Did anyone order ni no kuni 2 collectors edition from the bandai namco store? I was charged a few weeks ago so I'm wondering if anyone's order has shipped or gotten some sort of tracking number since the release is a week from now. 

Bandai Namco Store - I was charged but it has not updated since.

Amazon Uk - I have not been charged yet but I ordered like 8 months ago. Heres to hoping they will still ship to the US lol.

#949 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:16 PM

Wow, the King's Edition is really nice. Blows the NA version out of the water.

I'm not sure what you guys are seeing.... I can see liking it more, but "blows the NA version out of the water"?   

I think the NA steelbook is better - character art on the back (as opposed to almost nothing in the King's Edition), interior art in color...

The art book is even debatable.  I am sure the King's Edition art book is obviously higher quality (and I may prefer it myself).  But, there do seem to be differences between the two with both having some kind of advantage/disadvantage over the other.  The North American version has some text to go along with some of the character pages where I have yet to see a word beyond the table of contents in the King's Edition version (some may prefer that as well).   The graphic design is very different - the King's Edition seems to put presentation over the number of images shown.  The U.S. version is about cramming in as many images as they can.  That leads to more artwork in the U.S. version based on the comparison pages I've seen.  YMMV on that one - both have some images that are larger than the other version.  The U.S. version will still have more.    For example, the "Brineskimmer" has two pages devoted it to it in the King's Edition with 6 images (most are larger and more spread out than the U.S. version).  The U.S. version devotes one page (the pages are wider) with 11 images along with a decent sized "Location Art" image.   It makes me wonder how much is "missing" from the King's Edition since the page count isn't significantly higher.

vMeYFyJ.jpg

The LP that comes in the King's Edition looks amazing.  Not as usable to me as the CD in the U.S. version, but it's pretty.

The U.S. version looks to have more stuff - not stuff I'm interested in (papercraft/plush), but it does seem to have more.  

The diorama vs the spinning music scene is debatable.  The plus for me with the spinning music scene is it takes up less space.  That diorama would never leave my box.

I'm really not sure which one to go with....  the King's Edition looks like it may be a bit more durable and could survive shipping.  That U.S. version will take a miracle to arrive in perfect condition.

#950 GameOverGreggy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

GameOverGreggy

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:23 PM

There's often a lot of hyperbole that Europe or Japan Collector's Editions are better than what we get, but this is one case where it's true.  The King's Edition really does blow the US version out of the water.

#951 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:49 PM

Kings Edition cost less than the US CE and it has more stuff, Easily the better choice.  :-

This must be what I'm missing.  Where is the "more stuff"?  (and it's only cheaper for those without GCU)   Again, I can get liking it more (I'm pretty sure I do), but for people to say there isn't some hyperbole going on in this thread is pretty out there.   What am I missing in the King's Edition?

Kings Edition:  

1. Art book
  2. Steelbook
  3. Spinning musical dio
  4. LP
  5. Post cards (do these count?  I'll be generous)
  6. Game
  7. Season pass that U.S. buyers probably can't use without making an international account
  8. Making of Blu-Ray

U.S. CE

1. Art book
  2. Steelbook
  3. Plush
  4. 3D Papercraft box/display
  5. CD
  6. Game
  7. Making of Blu-Ray
  8. Large diorama with multiple figures
  9. Season Pass

#952 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   856 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

Don't know if you guys are interested in kickstarter CEs but KING art games has Iron Harvest up and theyve done 3 successful kickstater games previously. this game is an RTS that takes place in 1920+.

heres the link 

https://www.kickstar...t?ref=user_menu

theres a regular CE and a kickstarter CE

exclusive kickstarter CE, comes out to around $202 shipped for PC version

• The Game on DVD
  • PLUS a Key for the Digital Edition
  • Metal Case for the Discs
  • Special Diorama Box
  • Mech Figurine (~15cm / 5,9'')
  • Soundtrack on CD plus Digital
  • Weapons manual book and PDF
  • BIG Hardcover Artbook
  • Two DIN A3 Posters
  • Monthly production updates
  • Access to all Alpha Versions
  • Access to the Closed Beta
  • Access to the Closed Iron Harvest Feedback Community
  • Your Name in the Game’s Credits (Exclusive Kickstarter Section)
  • Portrait Frame

7ab202828824ec1edb2497a7100814e2_origina

#953 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4039 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:54 AM

Yakuza Kiwami 2 steelbook edition announced for August.

#954 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11150 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:08 AM

Yakuza Kiwami 2 steelbook edition announced for August.

I wonder if this will be as overproduced as the original, with regular sales of it down in the $14.99 or under range.  My guess would be no as they likely learned from that.

#955 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:59 AM

I noticed the Ni No Kuni 2 Collector’s Edition is a part of the buy 1 get 1 50% off deal at Target. If you wanted to buy two of them you’d save $100 on the 2nd Collector’s Edition.

I thought I’d mention this for anyone that might like to open one and keep another sealed.

#956 DrBlueberry  

DrBlueberry

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:25 AM

I wonder if this will be as overproduced as the original, with regular sales of it down in the $14.99 or under range.  My guess would be no as they likely learned from that.

Kiwami launch price was 30, Kiwami 2 is 50. It's less likely to be under 20 in a short time. 

#957 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22358 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:50 PM

I noticed the Ni No Kuni 2 Collector’s Edition is a part of the buy 1 get 1 50% off deal at Target. If you wanted to buy two of them you’d save $100 on the 2nd Collector’s Edition.

I thought I’d mention this for anyone that might like to open one and keep another sealed.

Damn.. tempting, but this is still in stock everywhere and I'm thinking this might be in ample stock for a while. I decided to keep my Namco store copy because of the map and also got a copy from Amazon UK. 

Currently playing: 

:3ds: Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology - :)

:ps4: God of War - :D 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#958 Miker525  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:53 PM

Kiwami launch price was 30, Kiwami 2 is 50. It's less likely to be under 20 in a short time.

Is it up for pre-order somewhere? Checked BB and Amz and can't find it yet

THESE ARE ALL THE (PHYSICAL) GAMES I OWN. | YEARLY SPENDING ON GAMES.

Steam: Miker525 | XBL: Miker525 | PSN: MikeRosenberg

- If you add me give me a heads up so I know to not auto decline it -

#959 srocky26  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

https://www.amazon.c...keywords=yakuza

Currently playing:   :vita: DanganRonpa, :ps4: Uncharted Collection, :xb1: The Division

Recently platinumed: :ps4: Witcher 3 :vita: Tales of Hearts R :ps3: Tales of Xilla, Tales of Xillia 2,  :vita: Persona 4 Golden,  :vita: Steins;Gate, :vita: Odin Sphere

#960 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:58 PM

Standard Edition.
https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Steelbook Edition (Seems to be sold out right now)
https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20