- - - - -

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IX - 2018

#1021 FullmetalPain22  

FullmetalPain22

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:30 PM

Anyone has their Ni No Kuni 2 Steelbook or CE yet

#1022 iTETSUO   Kaneda! CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:18 PM

Thanks for all the reply’s as soon as I placed the order it was cancelled 😞. Does anyone know if the imported codes will work on us account or will I have to make a new account and game share ?

#1023 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3323 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:38 PM

Anyone has their Ni No Kuni 2 Steelbook or CE yet

My CE shipped yesterday and will be here tonight. I know there's plenty of unboxings but I'll post thoughts later. Just realized the NA diorama doesn't play music which is a bummer but still likely cancelling my King's Edition.

#1024 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:32 PM

My CE shipped yesterday and will be here tonight. I know there's plenty of unboxings but I'll post thoughts later. Just realized the NA diorama doesn't play music which is a bummer but still likely cancelling my King's Edition.

I did end up cancelling the King's Edition.  In the end, I did prefer the box and overall design of the art book, but that was about it for my preferences.  I don't know that I'd call the little music diorama "better" than that large diorama with the multiple figures, but I do know that both have an equivalent chance of me displaying them (zero).  

So, I went with the art book with more art, the better (IMO) steelbook, and the CD in place of the vinyl which I would not use.  It was still a close call.  

Plus, at these prices I'm not going to tolerate it arriving damaged and it will be easier to deal with the U.S. version than the EU version.  Then again, I can see it being hard to get a U.S. version without outer damage to the box given that packaging.  The King's Edition box looks to be of higher quality than the U.S. one.... although, I have seen an unboxing where it arrived damaged and that damage impacted the art book as well.

#1025 Jawwaad1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Jawwaad1

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:51 PM

My Ni No Kuni 2 Kings Edition from the UK and CE from BB shipped yesterday. Probably won’t get the Kings Edition till the end of next week but CE will be here tomorrow. The Kings Edition is available for order on Amazon UK if they want it.

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#1026 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2749 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:37 PM

I did end up cancelling the King's Edition. In the end, I did prefer the box and overall design of the art book, but that was about it for my preferences. I don't know that I'd call the little music diorama "better" than that large diorama with the multiple figures, but I do know that both have an equivalent chance of me displaying them (zero).

So, I went with the art book with more art, the better (IMO) steelbook, and the CD in place of the vinyl which I would not use. It was still a close call.

Plus, at these prices I'm not going to tolerate it arriving damaged and it will be easier to deal with the U.S. version than the EU version. Then again, I can see it being hard to get a U.S. version without outer damage to the box given that packaging. The King's Edition box looks to be of higher quality than the U.S. one.... although, I have seen an unboxing where it arrived damaged and that damage impacted the art book as well.

EU/King's version arriving damaged? I think their overall package is better and dunno if Amazon UK or DE is better from packing/shipping perspective...

#1027 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3323 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:44 PM

My Ni No Kuni 2 Kings Edition from the UK and CE from BB shipped yesterday. Probably won’t get the Kings Edition till the end of next week but CE will be here tomorrow. The Kings Edition is available for order on Amazon UK if they want it.

I just cancelled mine and found they were preparing it. Hopefully the cancellation goes through.

#1028 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1042 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:48 PM

Hmmm, my BB order shipped yesterday but my UK order sits there unshipped......

#1029 seraph011   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

seraph011

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

Has anyone evr picked up a ce from Gamestop? I just chose to pick up in store my Ni no kuni 2 ce because of bad experiences from having such big items shipped...

#1030 ph14woozies  

ph14woozies

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:08 PM

I placed an order for the King Edition from Amazon.de couple weeks ago. I wonder if the game and the art book come in English or German language version

#1031 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2749 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:12 PM

I placed an order for the King Edition from Amazon.de couple weeks ago. I wonder if the game and the art book come in English or German language version

I had preorders at DE and UK (stuck with UK cuz a tiny bit cheaper). I believe all of Europe has one version and the artbook does not have any writing in it. Lemme know what condition yours shows up in and how they packed it! I'm super nervous about a CE coming across the pond 😕

#1032 Jurai  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:21 PM

Has anyone evr picked up a ce from Gamestop? I just chose to pick up in store my Ni no kuni 2 ce because of bad experiences from having such big items shipped...

Shouldn't have a problem

#1033 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3323 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:22 PM

EU/King's version arriving damaged? I think their overall package is better and dunno if Amazon UK or DE is better from packing/shipping perspective...

Their batting average is pretty great I think but I've received damaged steelbooks from time to time.

#1034 shosaisyu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

shosaisyu

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:43 PM

Ni no Kuni 1 had such a rare CE, it's weird that 2 is so readily available. Debating returning mine now too.

#1035 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3307 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:22 PM

Ni no Kuni 1 had such a rare CE, it's weird that 2 is so readily available. Debating returning mine now too.

Ni No Kuni was released at the end of the PS3s lifespan and it was a new franchise at the time so I imagine they didn't produce nearly as many CEs. 

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Monster Hunter World and Far Cry 5  |  :xb1: Sea of Thieves  |   :switch: Flinthook

Also Casually Playing: 

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 (N64)

#1036 FullmetalPain22  

FullmetalPain22

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

The store/website it was sold on did some shady shit as well

#1037 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9323 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:19 PM

Elder Scrolls - Summerset CE

Release --> 6/5/18
Price --> $89.99

Best Buy:
:ps4: --> https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6220522
:xb1: --> https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6220520
:pc: --> https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6220529

Amazon:
:ps4: --> https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B07BJ5LKQQ
:xb1: --> https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B07BJ5TQQ9
:pc: --> https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B07BJ5RCCG

GameStop:
:ps4: --> https://www.gamestop...-edition/160472
:xb1: --> https://www.gamestop...-edition/160470
:pc: --> https://www.gamestop...-edition/160474

Digital goodies:

• Exclusive Mount: Bloodshadow Wraith Steed
  • Exclusive Pet: Fledgling Gryphon
  • Emote Pack: House of Reveries
  • New Outfit Style: Divine Prosecution
  • Exclusive Memento: Psijic Scrying Talisman
  • Court of Bedlam Costume
  • Pocket Salamander Pet
  • Treasure Maps
  • Psijic Vault Crown Crate
  • Experience Scrolls

Goodies exclusive to the physical CE:

• Mephala Statue – A monument to the Daedric Prince Mephala, this 12”- tall replica was unearthed from a cultist shrine
  • Razum-dar’s Journal – A spy’s report to Queen Ayrenn chronicling the knowledge collected during Razum-dar’s investigation of Summerset.
  • Map of Summerset – The home of the High Elves is open to foreign visitors for the first time in history. Let this map be your guide through previously uncharted lands.
  • Exclusive Steelbook Case – A limited edition metallic case, perfect for any collector’s shelf.
  • Includes all in-game rewards contained in the Digital Collector’s Edition and Pre-Order Bonus “Queen’s Bounty” pack, as well as the Nightmare Senche mount.
  • Includes access to the full The Elder Scrolls Online base game, with adventures across all of Tamriel.  I would expect a disc with the base game and DLC code for the Summerset expansion.

71HJRjvJjRL.AC_SL1500_.jpg

#1038 Jurai  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:41 PM

are you guys buying the CE just to have something rare and shiny? cmon guys

#1039 Flacksguy  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:42 PM

Awesome, thank you Chandler.
Ordered a Summerset CE from Best Buy for the XBone.
"Once a year,
go someplace you've never been before"

#1040 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3602 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:54 PM

That's why I cancelled mine and am hoping it goes on sale like 50% off later. Willing to wait this one out. I wouldn't play it right now anyways as I have so many backlogged games I am slowly working my way through.

#1041 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9323 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:38 PM

Awesome, thank you Chandler.
Ordered a Summerset CE from Best Buy for the XBone.

It would be awesome if Amazon had the same type of screw-up in price that they did with the Morrowind CE, but I think that ship has long since sailed.

#1042 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9323 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:56 PM

Credit to the CAG Twitter account:

You can also use 100 uPlay points to get 20% off. Brings it down to $51.

To expand on this, Ubi's store is having a sale on several CEs through 3/31:

https://store.ubi.com/us/spring-sale/collector-edition/

Including:

Assassin's Creed® Dawn Of The Creed Collector's Edition
South Park™: The Fractured but Whole™ Collector's Edition Gold
South Park™: The Fractured but Whole™ Collector's Edition Standard
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands Collector Edition Standard
Watch_Dogs® 2 - Collector Edition Deluxe
Watch_Dogs® 2 - Collector Edition Gold
Watch_Dogs® 2 - Collector Edition Standard

#1043 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5130 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:01 PM

Been looking forward to NNK2 forever but I’ve fallen on hard times and now that it’s releasing I can’t afford even one of the CEs (had the Kong’s and Collector’s preordered).

Here’s hoping they did over produce and I can buy one when things turn around for me. (Incidentally I am selling some older CEs and various games and systems to cover my bills if anyone is interested and can help a fellow CAG out-just updated my thread in the trade forums.)

#1044 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1497 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:28 PM

$172.11 USD was the final price charged me my credit card for the Ni no Kuni 2 CE from Amazon UK.

#1045 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5747 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:47 AM

$172.11 USD was the final price charged me my credit card for the Ni no Kuni 2 CE from Amazon UK.

My card was charged $157.

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#1046 JCross3000  

JCross3000

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:58 AM

To expand on this, Ubi's store is having a sale on several CEs through 3/31:

https://store.ubi.co...lector-edition/

Including:

Assassin's Creed® Dawn Of The Creed Collector's Edition
South Park™: The Fractured but Whole™ Collector's Edition Gold
South Park™: The Fractured but Whole™ Collector's Edition Standard
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands Collector Edition Standard
Watch_Dogs® 2 - Collector Edition Deluxe
Watch_Dogs® 2 - Collector Edition Gold
Watch_Dogs® 2 - Collector Edition Standard

Is Watch Dogs 2 Gold Edition even worth getting?

#1047 DrBlueberry  

DrBlueberry

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:21 AM

tem(s) Subtotal: GBP 116.66
Postage & Packing: GBP 4.95
Total Before VAT: GBP 121.61
VAT: GBP 0.00
Total:
Grand Total: GBP 121.61
Payment Grand Total: USD 176.52

#1048 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3323 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:22 AM

Is Watch Dogs 2 Gold Edition even worth getting?

I platted the main game and have been watching the PS Store for a sale. It's got a pretty laughable interpretation of hacker culture but does a decent parody of Silicon Valley VC and tech culture. It's absolutely amazing as a game where you don't kill people but actually have decent tools to play that way (better than Deus Ex, Dishonored, etc.)  and has decent trophy list where the tedious crap isn't necessary for the plat. There's a few MP trophies that could be harder to get but I imagine even with a few players matchmaking could make it work. DLC has received decent reviews.

#1049 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1042 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:33 AM

I was charged $154.40 just now.

#1050 Jurai  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:40 AM

I would expect some fluctuation on the charges, considering they are gonna be converting from Euro to usd, which is constantly in flux, so depending on when they process it could vary a little