- - - - -

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IX - 2018

#1621 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2517 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:04 AM

Best Buy shipped my Splatoon Starter Edition in a mailer.  It arrived flat lol.  Returned that shit smh

#1622 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11228 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:12 AM

My Dragon Crown just got delivered from Best Buy and its in a box with air packets. Arrived perfect. I would say at least half my BB purchases are in boxes.

Yeah, that's exactly how my copy was delivered from Best Buy.  BB delivers about 90% of my big box game items in boxes.  As opposed to Amazon which delivers about 5% of those items in boxes and 95% in bubble mailers.

#1623 Jurai  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:51 AM

the emboss on dragon's crown really is pretty nice

#1624 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1193 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:36 AM

My Dragon Crown just got delivered from Best Buy and its in a box with air packets. Arrived perfect. I would say at least half my BB purchases are in boxes.

Yeah, that's exactly how my copy was delivered from Best Buy.  BB delivers about 90% of my big box game items in boxes.  As opposed to Amazon which delivers about 5% of those items in boxes and 95% in bubble mailers.

Same here :)

the emboss on dragon's crown really is pretty nice

Agreed =)

#1625 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   849 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:40 AM

Mine came from B.B. in a box with a strip of fat airbags. Nice shape.

#1626 elessar123  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:20 AM

Mine came in a box also. Best Buy is still king (most of the time).

Spoiler

#1627 FullmetalPain22  

FullmetalPain22

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:09 AM

Amazon shipped mine in that "prime" mailer, dented as shit too. Guess I'll order one from BBY

#1628 Jurai  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

The Flashback CE is apparently getting released here, I'm curious on this one because I was told flat out by the dev/publisher that there would not be any US release months ago

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D3ZWNVQ

#1629 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36505 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:46 PM

The Flashback CE is apparently getting released here, I'm curious on this one because I was told flat out by the dev/publisher that there would not be any US release months ago

Show them that listing and see what they say?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Owlboy  :ps3: FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns; WipEout HD [Fury DLC] :vita: Volgarr the Viking

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps3: AC: Brotherhood (4.0/5) :vita: Devious Dungeon (3.5/5)

#1630 Jurai  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

I tweeted at them if they respond I'll let y'all know, haven't seen esrb branded artwork yet, I know it's not sold out in Europe yet so maybe there trying to just dump more remaining units

#1631 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11228 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:17 PM

How much was it in Europe?  Just trying to get a ballpark figure of what the Amazon price will be.

#1632 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13401 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

Dragon's Crown in a box as well from BB. Can't wait to try it out tonight!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1633 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36505 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

How much was it in Europe?  Just trying to get a ballpark figure of what the Amazon price will be.

It was $39.99 (no Prime discount) when the listing was live this morning. I managed to preorder one, but the fact that the listing is already "unavailable" makes me wonder if it was accidentally put up.

EDIT: Never mind, all looks good--it's preorderable again and the product image shows an "RP" ESRB rating.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Owlboy  :ps3: FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns; WipEout HD [Fury DLC] :vita: Volgarr the Viking

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps3: AC: Brotherhood (4.0/5) :vita: Devious Dungeon (3.5/5)

#1634 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

Back online available for preodering. Now has pics of the game, so it's likely legit.

#1635 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:19 PM

My guess is the sales results were severely underwhelming in EU so they decided to offload much of the remaining inventory to the US.

#1636 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5773 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:23 PM

My guess is the sales results were severely underwhelming in EU so they decided to offload much of the remaining inventory to the US.

It appears that they are creating an ESRB version of the game though, so it seems unlikely that this is just an attempt to dump stock.  

#1637 Jurai  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:18 PM

Yeah I said the exact same, still haven't personally seen an official statement from the devs so I'm not sure if the original listed numbers include these or what

#1638 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

Either way I’m sticking with my amazon.de order. I only want the metal case from the set and want the rest to be in a resaleabke condition. If I were keeping it to play I wouldn’t care about getting a crushed outer box from amazon shipping it in a bubble mailer after they toss it around a warehouse.

#1639 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2929 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:12 AM

Wtf!?

https://www.gamestop...gamestop/162262

168692b.jpg

This isn't a CE right? Even though its kinda connected to the game...?

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#1640 Tothoro  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:42 AM

Wtf!?

https://www.gamestop...gamestop/162262

This isn't a CE right? Even though its kinda connected to the game...?

It's just a bundle of Spidey merch capitalizing on the timing of the game, without including the game. Even thought GS has moved more into the merch space, it seems like an odd bundle for them to offer as a "game" store.

xTOTHORO.png

COLStraightEdge.png

#1641 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3825 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:20 AM

It's a junk bundle with crap items, definitely not even close to being worth $50

NnZPC5V.png

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#1642 shosaisyu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

shosaisyu

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:47 AM

That's some stupid marketing shit. That's not a CE, firstly, so get that thing the Fuck out of here. Secondly, "Value" according to whom? That's buzzword marketing to the max.

If they're going to value meme, I gain 100$ of Value by not buying the box, because I can invest that 50$ in something twice as cool as that.

#1643 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3647 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:26 PM

That Spiderman bundle above is made by Culturefly. The same company that made the Mario and Zelda swag boxes that were sold at Walmart for $30 originally or even less on clearance a few months ago. Another example of Gamestop again bumping up the price and being greedy.

#1644 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   392 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:36 PM

Either way I’m sticking with my amazon.de order. I only want the metal case from the set and want the rest to be in a resaleabke condition. If I were keeping it to play I wouldn’t care about getting a crushed outer box from amazon shipping it in a bubble mailer after they toss it around a warehouse.

???  I may be misunderstanding.  You're keeping the Amazon.de order because you think it will arrive in better condition?  There should be almost a 0% chance of that happening.   I doubt that box is going to be big enough to warrant Amazon.de sending it in a box.  I've received Blu-Ray sets in digipack packaging that get sent in a thin cardboard mailer and arrive somewhat smashed.  I'd be surprised if this is any different.

#1645 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:00 PM

Yes. I'm keeping the amazon.de order because my personal history with them is they do a better job shipping items undamaged across the ocean than amazon.com does shipping them from the distribution warehouse that's 15 miles from my house.

#1646 Jurai  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:48 PM

Overseas Amazon ships way better than stateside that's for sure, hell I've had Amazon Japan ship me free shipping items next day air via dhl

#1647 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5773 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:09 PM

Overseas Amazon ships way better than stateside that's for sure, hell I've had Amazon Japan ship me free shipping items next day air via dhl

Amazon JP does a great job.  I've had nothing but disappointment from Amazon UK, France and Germany.

#1648 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   392 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:21 PM

Amazon JP does a great job.  I've had nothing but disappointment from Amazon UK, France and Germany.

Yep, same here.  Amazon UK and Germany don't ship any better than US with the added benefit of having to survive customs.  If they are shipping something like Flashback that will probably be in a flimsy box with little support inside that box, expect it to arrive with damage.  Getting something like that in "perfect" condition from Amazon UK/Germany would be a miracle.  

#1649 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:45 PM

Yep, same here.  Amazon UK and Germany don't ship any better than US with the added benefit of having to survive customs.  If they are shipping something like Flashback that will probably be in a flimsy box with little support inside that box, expect it to arrive with damage.  Getting something like that in "perfect" condition from Amazon UK/Germany would be a miracle.

I assume it's relatively the same size as the EU Bayonetta Special Edition. That one shipped from Germany in a sturdy box with air pockets all around it. 

My EU Xenoblade was a much larger box, but it also shipped well packaged and arrived in perfect condition. 

Any time I order empty steelbooks in quantities of 2 or more they ship well protected. 

I shall find out soon enough if they keep their streak up or if I'm sorely disappointed. 

#1650 Lnkcld   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

Yes. I'm keeping the amazon.de order because my personal history with them is they do a better job shipping items undamaged across the ocean than amazon.com does shipping them from the distribution warehouse that's 15 miles from my house.

The one from amazon.de says the language, subtitles, and instructions are in German though. I'd order the amazon.co.uk one if you want it in English.