* * * - - 7 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IX - 2018

#2041 ReturnToSender   Banned Banned   8 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

ReturnToSender

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:36 PM

I want that Donald figure, but not that bad. 

#2042 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:35 PM

https://www.usgamer....itions-revealed

attachicon.gifkingdom-hearts-3-deluxe-edition.jpg

attachicon.gifkingdom-hearts-3-bring-arts-edition.jpg

As for the special editions of the game, they come in two forms: the Kingdom Hearts 3 Deluxe Edition, and the Kingdom Hearts 3 Deluxe Edition + Bring Arts Figures. The former retails for $79.99, and contains steelbook, art book, the base Kingdom Hearts 3 game, and a collectible pin.

The more expensive Bring Arts Figures edition of Kingdom Hearts 3, which you can see just below, retails for the hefty $229.99. This contains everything that the Deluxe Edition has, plus three figures of Sora, Donald Duck, and Goofy.

The question is, does it come in a collectors box or not.

#2043 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6486 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:00 PM

The question is, does it come in a collectors box or not.

I think it's pretty clear it does not which is why they refer to it as a deluxe edition + figures "bundle" rather than a CE.  

#2044 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3957 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

The articulated joints look really jarring on those figures. I don't get why the arms are so boxy looking

#2045 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2353 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:40 PM

The articulated joints look really jarring on those figures. I don't get why the arms are so boxy looking

They are supposed to be how Sora et all look in the Toy Story World. Thats why they are blocky etc. 

#2046 elessar123  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:35 PM

That is a really boring Steelbook compared to 2.5's.

#2047 Jurai  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:07 PM

Lovely Planet CE is $29.99 at Indie Box

https://store.theind...limited-edition

#2048 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:37 AM

Just waiting on the three game collection bundle

#2049 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

Just waiting on the three game collection bundle

It's up for (digital) preorder on PSN and MS store. $99

I don't think there has been a physical announcement for it.

#2050 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6486 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:13 PM

It's up for (digital) preorder on PSN and MS store. $99

I don't think there has been a physical announcement for it.

Yep, it sounds like it will also be digital in the PS4 Pro bundle.  

#2051 JokerCard   Go,go Gadget Cheapskates! CAGiversary!   1755 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

JokerCard

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

Was able to snag a Spiderman pre-order this morning from Best Buy. Is this really that limited or are there just that many Spidey fans?

#2052 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3629 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:56 PM

Was able to snag a Spiderman pre-order this morning from Best Buy. Is this really that limited or are there just that many Spidey fans?

Do they add more everyday?  I never abke to catch it

#2053 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

Damn, not available for premorder instore either?

#2054 Tothoro  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:48 PM

The Spider-Man LE sold out within a few days of going up in April..It comes back in stock every now and then (in theory because of people cancelling pre-orders or BestBuy cancelling them).

It's interesting that so many people are interested in it now that it's gone, but I guess that's just human nature. And the eBay scalping crowd.

#2055 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1791 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:54 PM

The Spider-Man LE sold out within a few days of going up in April..It comes back in stock every now and then (in theory because of people cancelling pre-orders or BestBuy cancelling them).

It's interesting that so many people are interested in it now that it's gone, but I guess that's just human nature. And the eBay scalping crowd.

Could be because of this tweet of Insomniac

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#2056 Captain Urahara   Praise The Sun CAGiversary!   2945 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Captain Urahara

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:47 AM

I've been wanting that Spider-Man CE since it was announced but it sold out before I ever saw it go up. I love Spider-Man and I love Insomniac so it's a win-win for me but I haven't been able to get a pre-order in at all.

#2057 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:44 AM

Damn that sucks Urahara taichou. I really didn’t expect it to be sold out right away but then again gcu is ending so maybe that’s part of the reason why. I just hope I can pre order instore in the future. Last time I missed out on horizon CE, can’t miss out on this joint

#2058 dualrec  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:06 PM

So, I pre-ordered fallout power armor edition, and I got a beta code from Best Buy.  Are they still doing the nonsense of charging you money if you decide to cancel a pre-order that had a beta code?

#2059 Jurai  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:17 PM

So, I pre-ordered fallout power armor edition, and I got a beta code from Best Buy.  Are they still doing the nonsense of charging you money if you decide to cancel a pre-order that had a beta code?

They reversed course on that the first time around, I doubt they'd hold you to it this time. You really shouldn't preorder stuff you don't plan to buy though

#2060 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:31 PM

They reversed course on that the first time around, I doubt they'd hold you to it this time. You really shouldn't preorder stuff you don't plan to buy though

Isnt that the purpose of the beta code, though, to convince you to buy or not?

#2061 dualrec  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:33 PM

Isnt that the purpose of the beta code, though, to convince you to buy or not?

Yep, but I remember once they charged people something like 20$ when they cancelled.  Don't remember which game. Or if they ever refunded the 20.

#2062 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

Yep, but I remember once they charged people something like 20$ when they cancelled.  Don't remember which game. Or if they ever refunded the 20.

No I understand Best Buy did that; and they are assholes idiots to do that. I'm just commenting on the part about not pre-ordering a game that you do not like. The purpose of the beta is to show you what the game is about and help you decide if you want to keep the pre-order, right?

Edit: Based on Tyrok's response below, changed the wording a little bit. :)

#2063 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:07 PM

The purpose of the beta is to show you what the game is about and help you decide if you want to keep the pre-order, right?

That is the purpose of a demo, not a beta.  :-

#2064 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:18 PM

No I understand Best Buy did that; and they are assholes to do that. I'm just commenting on the part about not pre-ordering a game that you do not like. The purpose of the beta is to show you what the game is about and help you decide if you want to keep the pre-order, right?

A beta is a test for the game.  Its purpose is to find bugs and exploits or to stress test the servers before they go live.  That said, I think it is still a crappy thing of Best Buy to do, especially with a Special Edition (that everyone knew would sell out) of a game that we were still finding info out about.  The more I learn about it , the more I'm on the fence about the game.

#2065 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:23 PM

Alright, I'll give you that. What do you do if you play the beta and you dont like it - either because of what you saw or because of the bugs, who cares? I guess you are morally obliged to buy the game and keep it (or sell it or trade it)? If you can't cancel it, technically you cant return it either... 

#2066 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2792 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:45 PM

It's not like Best Buy was charging for those beta codes on purpose though. They accidentally added a real value for the codes like they do with physical freebies such as steelbooks that ring up $15-20 when not bundled with the game.

#2067 dualrec  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:51 PM

It's not like Best Buy was charging for those beta codes on purpose though. They accidentally added a real value for the codes like they do with physical freebies such as steelbooks that ring up $15-20 when not bundled with the game.

Oh, didn't realize it was a mistake that time.  My bad.

#2068 Jurai  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

Galak-Z CE is back at $9.99

https://store.theind...limited-edition

#2069 vomder   killer of stars CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:14 AM

Of course the problem there is, how many games even release a demo anymore?

#2070 PulsarInferno  

PulsarInferno

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

Of course the problem there is, how many games even release a demo anymore?

Last year there was quite a few actually that came to mind:

Resident Evil - Prey - Nier