Assassin's Creed Origins $29.99 GameStop.com (PS4, Xbone)

Tempted to jump on this price, but my current "Open world" backlog is way too huge. I know Ubisoft titles usually drop sooner than later but this seems like a solid price. 

Is this game worth picking up now? Heard good things but I’m just so busy with current games.
I really enjoy it. It's definitely the best game in the series in quite some time and possibly my favorite. I think it's well worth $30 but it's also a very dense game full of things to do and see. It's definitely not been good for my backlog.

I’m currently enjoying the hell out of this game. Since Black Friday, I’ve been taking a “one game at a time approach” and this is my current game. Have about 27 hours in so far and feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface. I’m enjoying exploring and doing all the side quests before I move on too much in the storyline.

Honestly do think this is my favorite in the series. And if you have an Xbox One X, holy crap is it a showpiece.

Anyway, great game and easily recommended at $30.

I’m currently enjoying the hell out of this game. Since Black Friday, I’ve been taking a “one game at a time approach” and this is my current game. Have about 27 hours in so far and feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface. I’m enjoying exploring and doing all the side quests before I move on too much in the storyline.
Heard the story doesn't stand out compared to the past AC games.

This Assassin's Creed game is the best since Black Flag. I've played all of the AC games and this is one of my favorite games now. I loved Black Flag, but the others were a bit tedious. It feels different, but it still feels like an Assassin's Creed game. The combat is much more fun than in previous games, imo. It's an awesome game and I'm glad I picked it up during BF. That being said, I enjoyed the story of AC: Origins more than the Black Flag storyline. It was a fun game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing Final Fantasy XV. I just finish AC Unity....definitely feel burnt from the series. I have AC Syndicate & Dark Souls 3 looking at me and new there’s more to work towards.

I have played every ac game. Origins is cool fun brought to u by the ac4blackflag team; however I thoroughly enjoyed ac pirates more than ac egypt. Egypt environments very different than the carribbean; still fun but in a different way.

It makes me sad because it's new so you can't use any elite discount or the buy 2 get 1 free.  I know it's a good deal but it's hard not to think about what a great deal it COULD be.

Thanks I jumped on it myself. I have it for PC got it for my niece and nephew on ps4. had $5 cert that was going to expire at gamestop. $26 out the door.

I had never finished an AC game (Black flag is awesome though). This game was like no other game and I played it non stop. The story is great as is the voice acting. The graphics are the best and I couldn't find a single flaw in it.

I'm beginning to feel like a damn video game hipster after reading this thread.  I'm not too far into the game, but so far I'm kinda disappointed.  I've always liked the stories in AC games, but this is possibly the least interesting one imo, which makes sense coming from the black flag team since I didn't like black flag's story (I loved that game, didn't care for the story much).  Like in black flag, I don't feel much of a desire to push forward and learn more.  I think the gameplay tweaks, while an improvement, are the wrong direction for the franchise, and while the environments are beautiful, I find the big cities more cumbersome to navigate than in previous games.  Like most Ubisoft games from the past few years, this game feels like it lacks an identity of its own.  It's a mishmash of design pulled from other successful games, and is worse at everything it borrows compared to the source.  If you are looking for a NEW experience, this game is an easy skip, don't let the incredibly beautiful visuals fool you.  However, if you want something that feels like the witcher 3 + dark souls + older ac games + mgs5, jump right on in.  It's not a bad game, you just aren't missing out by skipping it imo.

bread's done
Back