* * - - - 6 votes

(DEAD) Xbox One S 500GB Bundles $140 After Target 30% Cartwheel - IN STORE ONLY

#31 CyborgNinja  

CyborgNinja

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:08 PM

Why wouldn't you want a X1?

Backlog from hell. I have Switch, PS4, and even 360 games still in shrink wrap. Also a barely used SNES and an unopened NES & Vita TV. No time for them. Add to that, no 4K TVs and a marginal desire to play the Forza exclusives (Halo 5 & Sunset Overdrive would end up at the very end of the backlog, if at all).

#32 shadowassailantx   Trophy Hunter CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

shadowassailantx

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:33 PM

Backlog from hell. I have Switch, PS4, and even 360 games still in shrink wrap. Also a barely used SNES and an unopened NES & Vita TV. No time for them. Add to that, no 4K TVs and a marginal desire to play the Forza exclusives (Halo 5 & Sunset Overdrive would end up at the very end of the backlog, if at all).

Pretty much this. I grabbed one of these because $140 was too good to pass up, but I probably wont break this open till 2020 at the rate I'm going

#33 sherlock2g   Like Whoa! CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

sherlock2g

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:17 PM

I know what you mean. That's why I decided not to get it. I got a PS4, PS3, Switch, 3DS and Vita, my backlog is insane. That's includes all the digital and physical games that I had and just bought during the holiday season. I already had the original Xbox One and I didn't care it. I had fun with some games I've played(Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Halos). I was thinking of getting Minecraft bundle for my son but I can get Minecraft on one of my other consoles. 

#34 macontosh2000   Dirty Scumbag CAGiversary!   842 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

macontosh2000

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:21 PM

I was just able to get the Minecraft one for $140.00!

#35 oboogie188  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:40 PM

Thanks OP, Worked for me in Davenport, FL. I was able to get the Minecraft bundle for $140 minus the 5% RedCard. Trick is to scan the Xbox, wait for override, scan a few additional / random items then the cart wheel. It would work better if you can buy some other items that also have cart wheel coupons, that way it looks as if the coupon you used applied to all items not just the Xbox. Will sell the Minecraft code if anybody is interested, Already have the disk and digital.

#36 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:52 PM

Anyone care to sell me Horizon 3 code for $20?

I WILL if this works for me.. going to try 2nite..

wish me luck!! 

oNe

#37 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1506 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:35 AM

This worked for me. Took a lot of wrestling with the Target staff (the cashier had to call over another associate, then a manager, blah blah blah), but I got the discount. Final price was around $150, because I didn't have the Red Card.

Now that I have an Xbox One S, I've got to ask myself... why the hell did I buy an Xbox One S?

#38 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13525 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

I was planning to wait for a deeper discount on these, but seeing as the price of 4k is finally starting to drop and after reading some reviews of the capabilities of an X1S as a 4k player I caved. Was able to get a Minecraft bundle yesterday since every Target for hundreds of miles is sold out of the Forza one.  :wall:  Used the Target app trick to have the cartwheel coupon loaded up and didn't even mention it when they scanned the barcode. Just paid and was out the door, easy.

On a side note, I was pretty shocked when I opened this thing up and saw the controllers still use AA batteries. Can't believe M$ still charges $20 for a plug n play kit, but I guess it makes sense when they're still so far behind in second place. :lol: Oh well, I bought it with the intent of having it for old Xbox games again and as a 4k player so I doubt it will get much use for gaming anyway. Oh and the UI is a fucking mess. My god I'm glad this isn't my primary console of choice because it looked like the internet just vomited pop-up windows on my TV screen. Hate Windows 10 so much lol.

#39 billyG   CAG! CAGiversary!   335 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:46 PM

Went to check this out today as it looks like some of the forza/Minecraft bundles were in stock near me.
Ended up not actually being in stock & looks like target update the price on their website back to 279.99 in the last hour or so anyways..

#40 d8onausa   Hornet CAGiversary!   372 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

d8onausa

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:48 PM

Why wouldn't you want a X1?

There are almost literally zero exclusives. My only interest at all is for BC and as a 4K Blu-Ray player. I already have Gears 4, Horizon 3, etc. on PC.

#41 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2018 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

Went to check this out today as it looks like some of the forza/Minecraft bundles were in stock near me.
Ended up not actually being in stock & looks like target update the price on their website back to 279.99 in the last hour or so anyways..

Shows $199.99 on-line for me. It does end at mid-night though.

https://www.target.c...407#lnk=sametab

#42 billyG   CAG! CAGiversary!   335 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:40 PM

Shows $199.99 on-line for me. It does end at mid-night though.

https://www.target.c...407#lnk=sametab

Ahh, thanks for catching that. Didn’t realize when I checked again that I was looking at the price in the target app.
Looks like I have one more local store to check despite the low odds.

#43 coldwine   Holy Ghost! CAGiversary!   319 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

So i grabbed the GF, who loves Target for some arcane reason, and got there today only to discover that my Target app (which was acting glitchy yesterday when I set it up with cartwheel & Target card) wasn't connecting to the net. After getting pissed and after performing the traditional angry stomp, I told my companion what had happened. She said to try connecting to the guest wi-fi. "Hmm" I responded, with all the intelligence of an old piece of cheese, although my cheese doesn't usually talk. Heeding her advice, cartwheel was active again.

I previously had a Minecraft bundle brought up to customer service, so we returned there and found ourselves next in line, a Christmas miracle worthy of being turned into a musical starring Hugh Jackman. I told her I was price matching the Target web and the rep verified and then changed the price. We added some girly junk to the order, then I pulled out my demonic phone with the Target wallet, and scanned cartwheel. The price dropped to 139.99, but for some reason my card was not connected, so I used my Target card and got the additional 5%. Success without bitching, cajoling, or lewd winking! I had only lost a small amount of sanity and increased nocturnal drooling by a negligible amount. 

Now that I have a Minecraft code that I don't need, is anyone interested in a swap for the Froza/Hot Wheels code? Or is there a good place to sell codes without grief, I hear that folks on Ebay buy & use codes then say they didn't work. 

Thanks. I need a drink.

#44 billyG   CAG! CAGiversary!   335 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:09 AM

So i grabbed the GF, who loves Target for some arcane reason, and got there today only to discover that my Target app (which was acting glitchy yesterday when I set it up with cartwheel & Target card) wasn't connecting to the net. After getting pissed and after performing the traditional angry stomp, I told my companion what had happened. She said to try connecting to the guest wi-fi. "Hmm" I responded, with all the intelligence of an old piece of cheese, although my cheese doesn't usually talk. Heeding her advice, cartwheel was active again.

I previously had a Minecraft bundle brought up to customer service, so we returned there and found ourselves next in line, a Christmas miracle worthy of being turned into a musical starring Hugh Jackman. I told her I was price matching the Target web and the rep verified and then changed the price. We added some girly junk to the order, then I pulled out my demonic phone with the Target wallet, and scanned cartwheel. The price dropped to 139.99, but for some reason my card was not connected, so I used my Target card and got the additional 5%. Success without bitching, cajoling, or lewd winking! I had only lost a small amount of sanity and increased nocturnal drooling by a negligible amount.

Now that I have a Minecraft code that I don't need, is anyone interested in a swap for the Froza/Hot Wheels code? Or is there a good place to sell codes without grief, I hear that folks on Ebay buy & use codes then say they didn't work.

Thanks. I need a drink.

Nice, this is basically what I ended up doing as well. Had to go to a different store as the nerd at the tech counter wouldn’t price match because if I downloaded cartwheel he would be saving me like 4$ more than price matching.

#45 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:38 AM

If any of you new Minecraft code owners are also PS4 owners and want a code for The Stick of Truth as part of a swap, lemme know.

#46 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3896 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:31 AM

There are almost literally zero exclusives. My only interest at all is for BC and as a 4K Blu-Ray player. I already have Gears 4, Horizon 3, etc. on PC.

True, but the same for PS4. (PS4 still got more exclusives)  Most games are going to PC now. 

Its a no brainer to get a 4k blu ray player and play some BC xbox/xbox 360 games at this price. Add a external HD if need more space.

The one thing I don't like is both consoles have to install games on the console.

#47 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1506 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:59 AM

Coldwine: Amusing story! What happened with me is that I got the run around by the cashier, than the assistant manager.

Manager: "Sir, that Xbox One sale isn't available until tomorrow. If you wanted to come in tomorrow..."
Me: "..."
Cashier: "No, it says here on the site that it's available today."
Manager: "Oh, well then carry on."

Then, after ringing me up:

Cashier, as salty as Dayton-Hudson would allow him to be: "You know, I bought one of these a few days ago, and it cost like $100 more than what you're paying."
Me, wincing and grinning all at the same time: "Heh, geez. Sorry!"

What do you even say to that? I kind of felt like a cad, but I sure as heck wasn't going to pay $250+ for one of these when I already have a PS4.

#48 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2018 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:37 AM

Got denied. They rang it up along with the other items and then price matched the system. I pulled up the cartwheel and they said it's one or the other. Didn't want to push it since they probably would have checked which item ended up getting the discount.

#49 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   428 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:28 AM

Same

#50 Gjallarhorn  

Gjallarhorn

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:23 AM

Got denied at first store. I got it at the second. If any one wants to purchase or trade for minecraft story mode complete adventure or minecraft or the dlc with it. pm me

#51 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:18 AM

So this just happened lol, not even sneaky about it. This guy straight up said I got this for $140 and Target and selling it now

https://www.ebay.com...foAAOSwk1haRvQR

#52 Zantra2  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:44 PM

Just for future reference, there is already a weekly Cartwheel deals thread, that you can posts deals like this in. You don't need to make individual threads for each Cartwheel deal.

#53 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2018 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:59 PM

True, but I'm greatful the op posted this otherwise I would have missed it even though I was denied. Some deals are so good it deserves it's own thread, don't you think?

#54 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10611 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:09 PM

Looks like the $200 deal on the console is still active, cartwheel deal is dead however

#55 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:00 AM

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Despite being the OP I "CHICKENED OUT" on Thurs nite..  but then I read the success stories here, and went back determined!!!  Was beyond easy, Target peeps themselves called the manager over for the price override and she, "oh is it another xbox, I should jus give you the keys and codes lol" 

$140 and some change later...  SCORE!!

Thanks OP ya finally came thru for this community for once... 

SCORE.jpg

BONUS SCORE:   2 snes classics after having giving up hope of ever getting one.. 

Best holiday season ever!! 

oNe

#56 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:05 AM

Is the included bundle Forza PLAY anywhere or just Xbox? 

If I read this right, I have until end of tomorrow to buy this pass right?  Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass

d@m I can't wait to get IN ON THIS!!

skooL me bro's 

oNe

#57 rexx66  

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

This deal 100% worked, IF you could get the right people at the right store to ring you up.  I had picked this deal up when a friend told me what he did.  I went to my local Target and they were questioning the price match on their own website but they eventually did it (after a trip to the service counter), then a manager who had to approve the price match did it, then said "if you have a cartwheel or other coupon it won't work, it's one or the other.." then she walked off... the girl at the counter who didn't give A F, said "I already scanned your cartwheel barcode on your phone and it took the 30% off the 199... sooo yeah, I don't care"

They were aware of the deal and what was going on, so both Targets in my town seemed to shut it all down after that, the other one went as far as not even price matching their site.

The deal worked, but it was more of taking advantage of a flaw in their site/deals/communication. 

#58 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:45 PM

dude wait, so am in WRONG for what I did? 

I bought the Newegg Xbox One S with A$$. Creed ORIGINS for $189, then I sold Origins for $35. 

Then heard about the deal in this thread, so got the Forza Bundle xbox for $140, SOLD my Newegg xbox for $165, then bought the Forza Horizon 3 pass for $11(Hot Wheels and Blizzard pack). 

I ONLY wanted an xbox for Forza Horizon 3(and media box capabilities, old sony was stuttering on Netflix). 

If i kept the Newegg xbox and purchased the xmas Forza deals, it would have cost me $191( $155+25+11)

Instead I went with the Cartwheel deal from this OP, and it cost me $151( $140+11). 

If I had not done all that, I would have been $40 in the red.. 

not a good look man. 

However is what I did WRONG?  Or is that what your sayhing, that I did wrong here?  

oNe

p.s.  ANYONE know if its possible to somehow sell the xtra Hot Wheels DLC i have? 

#59 Gjallarhorn  

Gjallarhorn

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

dude wait, so am in WRONG for what I did?

I bought the Newegg Xbox One S with A$$. Creed ORIGINS for $189, then I sold Origins for $35.

Then heard about the deal in this thread, so got the Forza Bundle xbox for $140, SOLD my Newegg xbox for $165, then bought the Forza Horizon 3 pass for $11(Hot Wheels and Blizzard pack).

I ONLY wanted an xbox for Forza Horizon 3(and media box capabilities, old sony was stuttering on Netflix).

If i kept the Newegg xbox and purchased the xmas Forza deals, it would have cost me $191( $155+25+11)

Instead I went with the Cartwheel deal from this OP, and it cost me $151( $140+11).

If I had not done all that, I would have been $40 in the red..

not a good look man.

However is what I did WRONG? Or is that what your sayhing, that I did wrong here?

oNe

p.s. ANYONE know if its possible to somehow sell the xtra Hot Wheels DLC i have?

Just the dlc or the game too?

#60 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

Just the dlc or the game too?

I have the Forza Horizon 3 + Hot Wheels code that came with the system.. NEED THAT. 

I wanted the Blizzard pack, so paid $11 for that pass which ALSO includes Hot Wheels..  don't need that Hot Wheels

oNe