* * * - - 2 votes

Ps4 - GameStop - Persona 5 - 29.99

#1 ElvinWasHere   Add Me! CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

ElvinWasHere

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

Came up on my Google assistant because I've been searching for it.

Still MSRP as of this morning though on Best Buy and Amazon.

https://m.gamestop.c...ersona-5/146553

#2 surake  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:49 PM

Amazing game. If you don’t have it do yourself a favor and get it if you like JRPGs

#3 paul6   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:54 PM

New copies are practically sold out in my area, is this becoming rare?

#4 lost18   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:49 PM

Got it. Thanks for the heads up.

#5 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 30 December 2017 - 04:16 AM

That's less than 30 cents/hour!

Also, fantastic game. Bought the special edition at launch and absolutely no regerts

#6 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6509 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:06 AM

Nope. It's just a good price, this game won't ever be rare.

#7 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2434 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:28 AM

Nope. It's just a good price, this game won't ever be rare.

Yep - and I'm sure P5 Gold is on its way.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#8 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:19 PM

This game is dope.

160hrs so far

#9 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1677 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:58 PM

Can’t find any new copies for the backlog. Sigh. CAGlife problems.

#10 timesplitt   Master of your Disaster CAGiversary!   925 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

timesplitt

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:42 AM

sweet i rented it and might buy it at that price. i am having a hard time on the first palace. is the whole game hard? hard as in i get security 100 and get kicked or i lose all my sp and have no chance to progress and loads of enemies 

Posted Image

#11 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3039 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:51 AM

First dungeon ios specially tough.  Word of advice, DO NOT wait till last day to do dungeon or you WILL regret it

#12 keithp   Older than you CAGiversary!   5602 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:55 AM

Waiting for the Switch version.

#13 uzeq   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:35 PM

sweet i rented it and might buy it at that price. i am having a hard time on the first palace. is the whole game hard? hard as in i get security 100 and get kicked or i lose all my sp and have no chance to progress and loads of enemies 

So here is my perspective after completing the first two palaces. There's definitely a point pretty early in the first palace where they just take off the training wheels. Here is some advice I have so far:

• The enemies are about as strong as you. You can get in more attacks before they get any in by ambushing them. This is a pretty critical part of the game play. Use the hide feature and wait til they are nearby; the game will notify you can ambush the target. I tend to be a bit conservative so after the win I'll backtrack and hide again, watch the walking patterns and repeat. Review ambushing in the tutorial if you pick it up 
  • Experiment in the battles to find elemental weaknesses, knock them down and keep doing it. If you go toe to toe they will certainly do it to you with the And 1 system. It's brutal, but I'm liking it because there are so many RPGs I played where every battle is so much in my favor. I tend to use my SP to knock down my enemies.
  • SP is very hard to restore. The game's idea is to spread palace exploring over multiple game days. Focus on healing items over healing spells. Use them in and out of battle as you need to. When you are low on SP and you get to a good safe room, save, fast travel to the entrance and leave. Sell your treasure, use the money to buy healing or equipment, then go back in. If you need more money... take a job (only one you can do at the start), earn more money and spend it for items.

It took me 3 or 4 days to get to the final safe room in the first palace, and 3 for the second palace.

#14 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:22 PM

If you've played a final fantasy game it's the same, kill a few via ambush and go back to save, repeat.

Whoa, Panther!