- - - - -

Akiba's Beat $14.74 Amazon.com (PS4)

#1 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10611 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:59 PM

Never played the first one, seems a bit like Hentai. I believe this is the lowest it has been 

https://www.amazon.c...PDKIKX0DER&th=1

The mechanics are said to be close to Tales of Zestiria. Basically a poor man's version of Persona

#2 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   764 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:26 PM

Tales of games and Persona are nothing alike. If you're going to make comparisons, at least try to use a relevant title.

That said, heard this is worse than it's predecessor.

#3 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1208 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

Another heads up, the Amazon version comes with a solid little doll. Normally this is a bonus, but because of the way they always cram it into a bubbler, the game is almost guaranteed to be crushed by the said doll. 

#4 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2467 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:24 AM

Also heads up, if you have any interest in this game and haven't bought/supported Persona 5, go buy/play P5 instead.  After you're done with P5 and desperately want to play a game that mimics it but falls short in every respect, go buy this. 

#5 DoctorZ  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:55 AM

Also heads up, if you have any interest in this game and haven't bought/supported Persona 5, go buy/play P5 instead.  After you're done with P5 and you want an another game to play, enjoy such classics as Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Fes, Persona 1,Persona 2: nnocent sin & persona 2: eternal punishment sequel.

Fixed, if you're a persona fan like me and enjoyed all the games you can go start enjoying the SMT mainline series.  Start connecting the dots on how all the games are connected with the spin offs even, it's quite the adventure and fun for any jrpg fan.

SMT: Strange Journey Redux is even set to be release this year. 

hZzv9Uu.jpg

The point being, everyone has far too many SMT games to even consider playing Akibas Beat.

#6 ck0  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:56 AM

I recommend playing the previous game, Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed instead.  Better in every way, including fun factor.

#7 Chokingduck  

Chokingduck

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:12 AM

Reviews for this game were not good.  At all.  As ck0 said, the prior game is the one to play, although it's a beat 'em up, not an action RPG, like this one.

#8 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2467 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:28 AM

Also heads up, if you have any interest in this game and haven't bought/supported Persona 5, go buy/play P5 instead.  After you're done with P5 and you want an another game to play, enjoy such classics as Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Fes, Persona 1,Persona 2: nnocent sin & persona 2: eternal punishment sequel.

Fixed, if you're a persona fan like me and enjoyed all the games you can go start enjoying the SMT mainline series.  Start connecting the dots on how all the games are connected with the spin offs even, it's quite the adventure and fun any jrpg fan.

SMT: Strange Journey Redux is even set to be release this year. 

hZzv9Uu.jpg

The point being, everyone has far too many SMT games to even consider playing Akibas Beat.

Thanks - absolutely agree!

#9 spoderman  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

Another heads up, the Amazon version comes with a solid little doll. Normally this is a bonus, but because of the way they always cram it into a bubbler, the game is almost guaranteed to be crushed by the said doll. 

I ordered a PS4 copy and got the plushie. Doesn't appear to be crushed or anything, but the disc is probably loose.. but that's typical for all PS4 games. It may have helped that I ordered another game with it, so they used a bigger bubble mailer.

#10 luke_skyrunner  

luke_skyrunner

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:19 AM

cool game

#11 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11540 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:31 AM

I played it on the Vita. Three hours in I decided this is not worth my time. And you guys know that Im a weeb.

#12 spoderman  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:35 AM

I played it on the Vita. Three hours in I decided this is not worth my time. And you guys know that Im a weeb.

I heard that it's literally not worth the time on vita cuz of the long loading lol

#13 Alexpguy  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:02 AM

Thank goodness it's back up over $16 and no longer in impulse territory.

#14 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11480 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:30 PM

Down to $13.79.