Select Wii U games Bogo free Target

Tried to grab Mario Maker but I keep getting a shipping error. Oh well.
I had the same problem like an hour ago. I ended up getting two Paper Mario Color Splashes, as I either already own or have no interest in the rest. One will be resale or trade fodder.

Yup, I wanted smash and pokken but no stores have it unless I want to drive like an hour out of my way. Bummer really.

Bought 2 Minecraft for Wii U because it just so happens that I bought it last week for my son. I'll return the original I bought and trade one in. Thanks OP

Nice. I recently found a complete Wii U system for $50 at Goodwill and was looking to get some games for it. Did an in-store pickup for The Legend of Wii U Breath of The Wild and Paper Mario Color Splash for $66.XX.

Thanks OP.

Darn good deal if you can find them, made me wish I waited on some of the titles. I saw Mario Tennis on Clearance for $20 the other day, has anyone found titles on clearance and tried to purchase two? It's a long shot but was just curious.

Wish they had run this promos few weeks ago when I got a Wii U. Already bought most of these used.

Do many people still play Splatoon? Always was interested but now Tahar Switch and Splatoon 2 are out figured it would probably be dead now.

Hmmmm only 2 games I still care to own for the system are included in this.  Question is...are star fox and paper mario even worth it lmao.

Darn good deal if you can find them, made me wish I waited on some of the titles. I saw Mario Tennis on Clearance for $20 the other day, has anyone found titles on clearance and tried to purchase two? It's a long shot but was just curious.
[attachment=29223:KakaoTalk_20180107_230224108.jpg]

Tried but no luck.

Paper Mario? Absolutely! Star Fox? God no! It’s awful!
Based on what I've read, it's a disappointment compared to Thousand Year Door, which I wouldn't be able to refrain from comparing it too, but it's apparently not as bad as Sticker Star. Is that true, or is it an overreaction?

Based on what I've read, it's a disappointment compared to Thousand Year Door, which I wouldn't be able to refrain from comparing it too, but it's apparently not as bad as Sticker Star. Is that true, or is it an overreaction?
Color Splash greatly improves on Sticker Star's formula to the point where it's actually a fun game. There's still has the problem where it's an action game with turn-based battles instead of an RPG, and it'd be a much better game if the developers committed to one or the other.

Star Fox Zero I enjoyed, but it did take a little while for the control scheme to click. You have to be able to handle both screens during some boss fights, and it wasn't until my second playthrough that I could easily beat them.

Star Fox Guard is a solid title too, and $15 for each is a pretty good deal.

I had the same problem like an hour ago. I ended up getting two Paper Mario Color Splashes, as I either already own or have no interest in the rest. One will be resale or trade fodder.
Mario Maker back in stock. Got 1 with Paper Mario.

Damn didn't realize Tokyo Mirage Sessions was included in this.  That'll probably be worth something down the line and I have a moderate interest in it, this might be the time to grab it...

EDIT: Can't get myself to pull the trigger lmao.  Think I'm just gonna pick up star fox off amazon and wait for the others to drop individually.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you using for the in stock alerts?
I justed Target's Android app and there was a button for alerts. Hit the button yesterday, got the alert this morning, and ordered it right away.

Edit: button says "Notify Me"

Still surprised the "Star Fox Zero is awful" meme is well and alive.

Goes to show memes are more important than facts and opinions. But this is the twitch generation, unfortunately. You get to be a professional critic for watching some guy play a game for 10 minutes then panic he has to learn new controls and calls it shit and goes back to a overly played game so he's not embarrassed.

Man this hobby is amazing, but the community is shit.

Sucks no Pikmin 3. Only WiiU exclusive I don't have.

Still surprised the "Star Fox Zero is awful" meme is well and alive.

Goes to show memes are more important than facts and opinions. But this is the twitch generation, unfortunately. You get to be a professional critic for watching some guy play a game for 10 minutes then panic he has to learn new controls and calls it shit and goes back to a overly played game so he's not embarrassed.

Man this hobby is amazing, but the community is shit.

Sucks no Pikmin 3. Only WiiU exclusive I don't have.
Huh? Star Fox Zero is pretty bad. I love the Star Fox (heck I even liked Star Fox Assault a lot), but Zero is just not very good. I bought it first day for full price (with GCU, of course) and was just really disappointed (and still have it). The tight controls of previous ones were just ruined because of the insistence on the motion controls, it isn't because they are hard, it is because it just isn't that fun to play like that. For some reason Miyamoto seems to think people play Star Fox because of gimmicks, when they could just deliver a straight-forward shooter with great big space battles and people would love it. The only decent bright point for me was being able to play it with my young son being the gunner.

Huh? Star Fox Zero is pretty bad. I love the Star Fox (heck I even liked Star Fox Assault a lot), but Zero is just not very good. I bought it first day for full price (with GCU, of course) and was just really disappointed (and still have it). The tight controls of previous ones were just ruined because of the insistence on the motion controls, it isn't because they are hard, it is because it just isn't that fun to play like that. For some reason Miyamoto seems to think people play Star Fox because of gimmicks, when they could just deliver a straight-forward shooter with great big space battles and people would love it. The only decent bright point for me was being able to play it with my young son being the gunner.
Star Fox Guard was great. I never even played Star Fox! I stuck to Guard for about 20 or so hours.

Quick question. Anyone know if Zelda Breath of the wild can be played exclusively on the Gamepad? Debating on getting this for the Wii U or just making a jump to the Switch.

Quick question. Anyone know if Zelda Breath of the wild can be played exclusively on the Gamepad? Debating on getting this for the Wii U or just making a jump to the Switch.
Yes, you can play it exclusively on the Gamepad. That’s how my son plays it. (Oops...Sorry I brought up that I have offspring 😀)

My biggest gripe with Star Fox Zero is actually the lackluster alternative route options. With the exception of like one mission, all other alternates pale in comparison (and ridiculously short to boot!) to the main route missions. It wouldn't be so bad if maybe you could play them all in a single massive playthrough...but you can't. Sure, I guess you could pick and choose each mission in the story mode, but it doesn't jive very well narratively speaking. That, and the copter segments...I'd love them well enough by themselves, but they really kill the momentum of a typical Star Fox run.

Onto the topic at hand, I'd like Color Splash, but I don't really see anything else to pick that'd both interest me and I don't already own. Would the Mario Tennis game be decent getting it at the price I would in this deal?

Color Splash greatly improves on Sticker Star's formula to the point where it's actually a fun game. There's still has the problem where it's an action game with turn-based battles instead of an RPG, and it'd be a much better game if the developers committed to one or the other.

Star Fox Zero I enjoyed, but it did take a little while for the control scheme to click. You have to be able to handle both screens during some boss fights, and it wasn't until my second playthrough that I could easily beat them.

Star Fox Guard is a solid title too, and $15 for each is a pretty good deal.
I'd say it's closer to an RPG because you actually have a level like character progression and growth with your paint storage and other things.

Still, I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the other Paper Mario games, but it is far better than Sticker Star

All the games I want are showing in online but when. I try to purchase them they are sold out.
New Super Mario and Mario Maker specifically.

Went to a local Target this evening and picked up Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon for WiiU, both were scanning in at $59.99.

Brought them to the front check-out cashier because electronics register was closed.  I had them price match Target's website, so Mario Kart 8 came to $50.99 and Splatoon came out to be $49.49.  The manager looked at the offer on Target's website and was nice enough to honor it.  Considering that Target's website said "Limited Stock" and then "Visit store to purchase" and the "offer details" did not include anything about being "not valid in-store" or "online only" I could have brought this to their attention if there was an issue.

I put a $25.00 gift card I got for Christmas towards the purchase so I made out well on the checkout.  

According to Target, the B1G1 free offer expires 1/13/2018 at 11:59pm PT.

Set my APP to notify when items were in

Were able to grab all the games I wanted at the local Target, even though the site said they are sold out

bread's done
Back