* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#4951 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11237 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:12 AM

Hey now, I’m old too - been playing games since ‘79. But you’re right - I don’t want to play with you.

LOL

Fogies are loaners, not pack animals.

#4952 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:13 AM

Seeing Pac Rim 2 tomorrow, but my expectations are pretty low with lack of Del Toro and reviews have not been too kind.

I wasn't expecting much either and enjoyed it. The same with Unsane, it turned to be more than just a stalker movie.

#4953 Sielanas  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:52 AM

Sweet deal on the $165 trade in for the VCR, jumping on that tomorrow, bonus coupon expires 3/31.

I don't care ask in the GS thread, are there any blanket coupons for merch? I see they have Vertagear chairs online and that would make it much more affordable. Also considered PSVR but no deals right now.

#4954 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

LOL

I’m not loaning you anything either.

#4955 TheOldGuy  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

LOL

Truth.

#4956 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1331 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:20 PM

Looking to upgrade to the X1X this weekend and trade in my One S since GameStop values are good right now. Outside of having to re-download everything, would I run into any issues by not backing up my One S data before trading it?

#4957 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:46 PM

Looking to upgrade to the X1X this weekend and trade in my One S since GameStop values are good right now. Outside of having to re-download everything, would I run into any issues by not backing up my One S data before trading it?

Just a really long wait to re-download. I’d highly recommend backing up to an external drive for a faster transfer. As far as game saves, they transferred from the cloud with no issue. I went from the original behemoth X1 to the X1X and the difference in processing is amazing. Enjoy your new purchase!

#4958 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4410 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

You shouldn't, as long as your saves are synced.

#4959 Sielanas  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:17 PM

117 hours, I finished the story of Monster Hunter World today.

#4960 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   1232 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:26 PM

Just finished far cry primal. Was only in my backlog for 2 years. The only thing I found annoying that I hope they didn't put in FC5 was starting missions. You'd have an icon that you'd go to and activate the quest that caused an icon in a different area to appear to start the quest. I'd like one icon that told me the details and then allow me to either start it or not. It just felt like they added another step to make them feel longer.

Otherwise, was skeptical at first with the setting and lack of guns compared to past far cry games, but ended up enjoying it. I'd give it a 78.

#4961 sp0rklez  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:40 PM

Just finished far cry primal. Was only in my backlog for 2 years. The only thing I found annoying that I hope they didn't put in FC5 was starting missions. You'd have an icon that you'd go to and activate the quest that caused an icon in a different area to appear to start the quest. I'd like one icon that told me the details and then allow me to either start it or not. It just felt like they added another step to make them feel longer.

Otherwise, was skeptical at first with the setting and lack of guns compared to past far cry games, but ended up enjoying it. I'd give it a 78.

I actually just finished it yesterday on PS4 and I feel the exact same way you do. That was pretty annoying to me. Especially if I go to accept a quest and then get distracted and wander off to a completely different icon and end up starting a new mission. All in all though it was a really fun game.

Probably won't get Far Cry 5 for a bit until it price drops, so I'm debating whether I wanna replay 4 since I haven't played it on a current gen console.

#4962 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3171 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

That is pretty awesome, I am really interested in this now but I will probably still wait til a sale or it hits access.

A reminder that "A Way Out" is out now, and remember that you only need 1 copy of the game and you can play the whole co op campaign with your friend even if they don't own it.

My girlfriend sent me a link to an article about this game because she thought it sounded cool, she'll be a full-out nerd in no time. I hadn't heard of it, it looks fun but I'll wait for a sale or post-graduation.

#4963 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

Bioshock 1 completed. Balance of guns and powers works well. The setting and world building is great. The story goes through nice story arcs and mechanic changes. I got to the ending expecting something more profound. I really enjoyed the game but I feel like I was expecting so much that it couldn’t live up to those expectations. The fact that I still really enjoyed it even with those high expectations says a lot. The museum where you can walk around alternate designs was really cool. I’m excited to play it again

#4964 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:30 PM

I already have 3 different online buds jumping to play A Way Out with me. As soon as I play once, those damn achievements will show up in my history and the other two guys will be kinda pissed I played it with someone else. Bah, 1st world problems

#4965 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11237 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:47 PM

I’m not loaning you anything either.

Hey man it's cool, I'll leave you aloan.

#4966 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:00 PM

Bioshock 1 completed. Balance of guns and powers works well. The setting and world building is great. The story goes through nice story arcs and mechanic changes. I got to the ending expecting something more profound. I really enjoyed the game but I feel like I was expecting so much that it couldn’t live up to those expectations. The fact that I still really enjoyed it even with those high expectations says a lot. The museum where you can walk around alternate designs was really cool. I’m excited to play it again

Would you kindly play Bioshock 2.

#4967 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1115 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:17 PM

Failed two more attempts at Vacation in RotTR last night.

Know what I hate most about Survival mode?

COLBERT_PIC.png

#4968 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   1232 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

I actually just finished it yesterday on PS4 and I feel the exact same way you do. That was pretty annoying to me. Especially if I go to accept a quest and then get distracted and wander off to a completely different icon and end up starting a new mission. All in all though it was a really fun game.

Probably won't get Far Cry 5 for a bit until it price drops, so I'm debating whether I wanna replay 4 since I haven't played it on a current gen console.

I didn't even realize it was happening for a while. I was doing animal hunts and just assumed I had already killed whatever they wanted me to for some of the missions but I was actually just doing the "activate" part.

#4969 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:02 PM

Hey man it's cool, I'll leave you aloan.

And stay off of my lawn.

#4970 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:51 PM

Would you kindly play Bioshock 2.

First response, why do you really want me to play it?

3 seconds later..... hahahahaha

#4971 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3171 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:25 PM

First response, why do you really want me to play it?

3 seconds later..... hahahahaha

Bioshock 2's plot is a lot less interesting, but the combat and level design is great, which kinda makes up for it. It feels like some fans of the original got a big budget to find an excuse to make a sequel, and it's mostly worth playing. The first game feels so self-contained I was pretty annoyed at the announcement of a sequel, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

#4972 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:30 PM

Bioshock 2's plot is a lot less interesting, but the combat and level design is great, which kinda makes up for it. It feels like some fans of the original got a big budget to find an excuse to make a sequel, and it's mostly worth playing. The first game feels so self-contained I was pretty annoyed at the announcement of a sequel, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

Bioshock 2 def got a bump higher in my large list but I still have other GOAT games to play first. Or just games that have sequels coming out soon. I like trying out a bunch of diff series to see if I want to get more of the games and I still have plenty left.

And no, GOAT simulator is not on my list

#4973 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3721 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:41 PM

Bioshock 2 is a great game, however, it probably shouldn't be played right after finishing Bioshock 1.  Every game needs time to breathe from having recently played something similar and also deserves not to be too directly compared to other games even if they are a sequel, etc.

#4974 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   599 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:17 PM

My girlfriend sent me a link to an article about this game because she thought it sounded cool, she'll be a full-out nerd in no time. I hadn't heard of it, it looks fun but I'll wait for a sale or post-graduation.

Careful when you introduce her to PvP stuff. She’ll be kicking your ass in no time haha. I introduced my fiancé (friend at the time) to newer gaming with Halo Reach. Shortly thereafter she had her own system and was becoming a pro at Swat and snipers. Now she is levels above me in all shooters. She still enjoys playing with a low-tier punk like me though.

#4975 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:24 PM

Bioshock 2, the base game, had a meh plot, but Minerva's Den is one of the best add ons ever made. It begs to be played.

#4976 Khalid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:28 PM

Small head ups: Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations + DLC will be getting delisted soon. I asked the Devs and they said it will be console as well. Going to see if they are going to have final sale on Monday.

http://steamcommunit...68437869088411/

#4977 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:12 PM

Small head ups: Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations + DLC will be getting delisted soon. I asked the Devs and they said it will be console as well. Going to see if they are going to have final sale on Monday.

http://steamcommunit...68437869088411/

Hopefully the game and dlc will be on sale for under $10

#4978 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4441 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:39 PM

SoT is officially not fun. Hopefully everyone here that wanted to try it uses game pass because it sure isn’t worth 60 bucks.

#4979 FeralSephiroth   Banned Banned   44 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

FeralSephiroth

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:00 AM

SoT is officially not fun. Hopefully everyone here that wanted to try it uses game pass because it sure isn’t worth 60 bucks.

Yeah and Crowbat's video pretty much sums it up. https://www.youtube....s-ZjfUTP4c&t=0s

#4980 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   966 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:11 AM

I kind of enjoyed SoT solo, was doing alright til I was in a storm and realized I was bailing water INTO my sinking sloop. Too late... 2 hours of collecting stuff down the drain, about a mile out from the base.
Will try again with a crew, that’s really the way it’s designed to be played.