* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#481 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

Been reading up on the new Hyundai Veloster N (2.0 liter, in-line 4 275hp performance based beast), their competitive push to counter the Golf R & Civic Type R. Just had an ad on my dashboard for one in Forza Motorsport 7 and I checked it out.

FYI turns out the new 2019 Hyundai Veloster N & "reborn" Turbo will be a limited time free car back in FM7 the 16th, tomorrow! I can't wait to check out the car digitally as I own the non-born? Turbo version.

#482 dualrec  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

Rumors of a new revamped Elite Wireless Controller.

https://www.reddit.c...oller_v2_rumor/

I'm not sure I (want to) believe this one.

I'm sure it'll be real, and they make some cool special edition like the gears of war one and I'll waste even more money on it.  

#483 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3890 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

Yeah, it is not a game for just go casual through the main story, even well upgraded and ready for action you will find some of the latter rooms are very unforgiving, so be prepared. It makes me a little sad that we will most likely never see a sequel for this game, it falls in the last year's half baked list of Xbox half-baked hyped games, same as Quantum Break which leaves the door open for a sequel that will not happen. I guess I just enjoy the games with no future since no one seemed to like them enough  :cry:

Odd how MS went from spending a billion dollars on the RROD to keep the 360 viable as a platform, but would hire tried-and-true devs from Metroid Prime and fucking Keiji Inafune, put them on a tight budget, and push ReCore out before it was polished. The Alan Wake/QB folks should be pumping out something every two years, IMHO. The original Uncharted was rough around the edges and clearly a launch title, but Naughty Dog was able to produce two sequels that were some of the best of the genre in the same console life cycle and still have time leftover to make The Last of Us.

Also, it's disappointing the relationship with Comcept hasn't gone any further, whether another new game or even Azure Striker Gunvolt. It's on Steam, so it'd be an easy port.

#484 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   961 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

Should I buy Van Helsing II before it's off sale or hope for another sale on the version with all DLC? That version hasn't been on sale in over a year.

#485 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   519 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:21 PM

So the challenges are now remotely possible or still just down to random luck?

If anyone cares, I pulled the trigger on the Sony 900E. Best Buy dropped the price on it even more, yesterday. Barely got it set up, the step up from 720p to 1080p is amazing at that size. I still need to setup my HDR receiver to test out HDR gaming, bit aside from AC: Origins and Forza 7, what games will really show off HDR gaming? What movies really show off HDR 4K? I already have Planet Earth II ready to go.

Planet Earth II was one of the first things we watch after setting up our MU8000 and it is beautiful in 4k.  I was torn between getting a Sony or a Samsung, you made a good choice in TV.  The only thing I have in UHD right now is Man of Steel but looking to change that when Thor Ragnarok comes out digitally.   

#486 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3427 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

Rumors of a new revamped Elite Wireless Controller.

https://www.reddit.c...ite_controller_

Those "stick" pictures look pretty legit and makes sense to move to at least bluetooth

#487 dualrec  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

I need me some Sea of Thieves BETA action.   Wish it was an open beta so I could use that to decide if I wanted to but it or not.  Oh well.

#488 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3427 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:47 PM

I need me some Sea of Thieves BETA action.   Wish it was an open beta so I could use that to decide if I wanted to but it or not.  Oh well.

Yeah I'm not sure on the entire strategy of the Sea of Thieves team with all the closed beta stuff. I'm sure it's easy enough to sign up but my interest level isn't even that high. This new one is supposed to be what the actual game is like but it seems like they keep selling to the same crowd already interested in the product. A couple months till launch still so I'm sure there will be a public something or other.

#489 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72353 Posts   Joined 19.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

Is this on a XB1X?  I'm on an original Xbone and my problems were in my base.  Mostly slow down and frame rate issues.  An OS update recently fixed it for me.  Maybe the Fall or Winter one.  I've never had screen tearing in quest areas.  Haven't done much questing recently though.  Did the Halloween/Thanksgiving ones, but didn't get around to the Christmas/New Year's ones.

It's been like that since they introduced the quests on Xbox One with my launch-era XB1, so the extra power hasn't changed anything for me. I do get some small hitches in the main vault, as I lose control for a second before it catches up every once in a while, but it's not as bad as the quest areas. I should probably do a capture to see if the Xbox video has it in there so that it's easier to see what I'm seeing.

#490 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3627 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Yeah I'm not sure on the entire strategy of the Sea of Thieves team with all the closed beta stuff. I'm sure it's easy enough to sign up but my interest level isn't even that high. This new one is supposed to be what the actual game is like but it seems like they keep selling to the same crowd already interested in the product. A couple months till launch still so I'm sure there will be a public something or other.

Yup. I feel the same way. I have no idea what kind of game this is and they have no interest in showing me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#491 Maxx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:26 PM

Destiny 2: Exotic Weapon Coldheart:

?H379-62K9M-DKV?W-2G4JJ-36WWZ

? are the first letter of the mascot on my avatar.

#492 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:28 PM

Odd how MS went from spending a billion dollars on the RROD to keep the 360 viable as a platform, but would hire tried-and-true devs from Metroid Prime and fucking Keiji Inafune, put them on a tight budget, and push ReCore out before it was polished. The Alan Wake/QB folks should be pumping out something every two years, IMHO. The original Uncharted was rough around the edges and clearly a launch title, but Naughty Dog was able to produce two sequels that were some of the best of the genre in the same console life cycle and still have time leftover to make The Last of Us.

Also, it's disappointing the relationship with Comcept hasn't gone any further, whether another new game or even Azure Striker Gunvolt. It's on Steam, so it'd be an easy port.

It's not that odd that it happened. Cultural differences were the heart of the issue.

#493 Sielanas  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

Planet Earth II was one of the first things we watch after setting up our MU8000 and it is beautiful in 4k. I was torn between getting a Sony or a Samsung, you made a good choice in TV. The only thing I have in UHD right now is Man of Steel but looking to change that when Thor Ragnarok comes out digitally.

There's a big difference in 4k digital content vs a disc. It's nicer than 1080p content, but definitely noticeable.

Sea of Thieves open beta is supposed to be soon I thought. I'm technically in the closed one but have never been able to actually play it.

#494 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   5061 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:39 PM

I wish I was excited about Sea of Thieves. I want to be but for some reason it's just not doing it for me. I think it might be the visuals. Skull and Bones looks more my style.

#495 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   12121 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:13 PM

FH3 in 4K looks amazing but it’s not as immediately noticeable as other games post-upgrade (Halo 5, Gears 4, Witcher 3). Of course, it looked fantastic before and already had HDR, which I still think makes an even bigger difference than the resolution. Definitely notice some jaggies gone that were there last night when I played and see some nice added effects here and there.

Still say AC Origins is the best looking X game, but also played it on X to begin with so no “upgrade” comparison.

#496 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

I wish they'd have an optional 60fps version of FH3. I think the game looks stunning even in HD, so a 60fps addition would add a lot more I think than 4k.

#497 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

RIP Dolores O'Riordan. Linger is one of my favorite songs.

Just updated FH3. Gonna test it out. Can't wait.

#498 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4510 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

I predict a great sale tonight!

#499 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:57 PM

I think you are also forgetting how long Alan Wake was in development - first appearance was shown off at E3 2005 behind closed doors to the press/ some-what finalized gameplay footage demoed at E3 2009, officially launched 2010 but initial concept and pre-development planning happened shortly after when Remedy released Max Payne 2 in 2003 & rested a bit after the crunch from doing so. The Last of Us was also worked on by a secondary team within Naughty Dog, initially a studio known for working exclusively on one title at a time.

I agree though, it's nice that they put some effort into trying to fix the game that goes along with the free X enhanced version and would be a good candidate for a sequel/ start of a possible franchise for Microsoft. Like that Assassin Creed 1 stutter start that Ubisoft more than corrected.

Should I buy Van Helsing II before it's off sale or hope for another sale on the version with all DLC? That version hasn't been on sale in over a year.

Yeah I was wondering that but the Ink Hunt looked to be the main thing along with a bunch of item/pets add-ons which with the price difference didn't really sway or sell me on that version.

There will be another closed beta during 24th-29th and this one isn't NDA limited so expect some good footage to be shared.

https://news.xbox.co...ming-jan-24-29/

I think if they had more people working on the game but it's a relatively smaller size of developers at Rare working on it. I say relatively smaller as these days some titles will have three big studios working on the same game.

#500 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6976 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

I predict a great sale tonight!

GTA incoming

#501 shoethiefrexyk9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1174 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

shoethiefrexyk9

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:03 AM

Destiny 2: Exotic Weapon Coldheart:

?H379-62K9M-DKV?W-2G4JJ-36WWZ

? are the first letter of the mascot on my avatar.

Got it thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#502 sickman   Bringer of Light CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:03 AM

Anyone playing the new Forza Horizon update getting odd graphic glitches? Since the update I've just turned it on to find all the scenery around my car flashing super bright white when I turn the car/camera, almost like headlights illuminating parts of the background. When I roll through tall grass it looks neon green. Just some really strange things. I've tried the Witcher 3 to see if it's an issue with the HDR, but that looks fine.

#503 Maxx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:07 AM

Got it thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem, enjoy!

Anyone playing the new Forza Horizon update getting odd graphic glitches? Since the update I've just turned it on to find all the scenery around my car flashing super bright white when I turn the car/camera, almost like headlights illuminating parts of the background. When I roll through tall grass it looks neon green. Just some really strange things. I've tried the Witcher 3 to see if it's an issue with the HDR, but that looks fine.

Played for a few hours earlier, didn't see anything like that. Game looks fantastic.

#504 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6976 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

:xb1: Defunct - $10.49 - 30% off
:xb1: Farming Simulator 15 - $7.50 - 75% off
:xb1: Feral Fury - $2.50 - 75% off
:xb1: Grand Theft Auto V - $30.00 - 50% off
:xb1: I, Zombie - $2.00 - 50% off
:xb1: L.A. Noire - $29.99 - 25% off
:xb1: Slender: The Arrival - $2.00 - 80% off
:xb1: Spartan - $8.00 - 50% off
:xb1: Styx: Master of Shadows - $7.50 - 75% off
:xb1: SwapQuest - $6.99 - 30% off
:xb1: AER - Memories of Old - $10.04 - 33% off
:xb1: Awarded Platformer Bundle - $16.49 - 25% off
:xb1: Bridge Constructor Bundle - $14.99 - 25% off
:xb1: Broken Age - $6.00 - 70% off
:xb1: Chaos on Deponia - $13.39 - 33% off
:xb1: Decay - The Mare - $5.00 - 50% off
:xb1: Dex - $8.00 - 60% off
:xb1: Digerati Indie Darling Bundle - $23.99 - 40% off
:xb1: DreamBreak - $3.30 - 67% off
:xb1: FAR CRY 4 GOLD EDITION - $24.00 - 60% off
:xb1: Far Cry 4 - $16.00 - 60% off
:xb1: Far Cry Primal - $15.00 - 70% off
:xb1: Far Cry Primal - Apex Edition - $16.50 - 70% off
:xb1: Firewatch - $10.00 - 50% off
:xb1: Her Majesty's SPIFFING - $5.55 - 70% off
:xb1: INSIDE - $10.00 - 50% off
:xb1: Kholat - $8.00 - 60% off
:xb1: Knee Deep - $4.50 - 70% off
:xb1: Knock-Knock - $2.80 - 60% off
:xb1: LIMBO - $2.00 - 80% off
:xb1: Mages of Mystralia - $11.99 - 40% off
:xb1: Masquerada: Songs and Shadows - $11.99 - 40% off
:xb1: Metrico+ - $7.00 - 50% off
:xb1: Morphite - $7.50 - 50% off
:xb1: Nevermind - $5.00 - 75% off
:xb1: Octodad: Dadliest Catch - $3.75 - 75% off
:xb1: Planet of the Eyes - $6.49 - 35% off
:xb1: Poi - $10.00 - 50% off
:xb1: Rememoried - $10.04 - 33% off
:xb1: RiME - $17.99 - 40% off
:xb1: SUPERHOT - $14.99 - 40% off
:xb1: Soda Drinker Pro - $2.50 - 50% off
:xb1: Stories of Bethem: Full Moon - $4.00 - 50% off
:xb1: Tacoma - $9.99 - 50% off
:xb1: The Final Station - $7.50 - 50% off
:xb1: The Little Acre - $6.50 - 50% off
:xb1: The Long Dark - $20.99 - 40% off
:xb1: The Sexy Brutale - $10.00 - 50% off
:xb1: The Town of Light - $10.00 - 50% off
:xb1: Thimbleweed Park - $12.99 - 35% off
:xb1: Trulon: The Shadow Engine - $10.00 - 50% off
:xb1: Typoman - $5.20 - 60% off
:xb1: Uncanny Valley - $3.90 - 70% off
:xb1: What Remains of Edith Finch - $13.39 - 33% off

#505 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 19.1 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Far Cry Primal finally hit the buy price.

#506 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3427 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:09 AM

FH3 in 4K looks amazing but it’s not as immediately noticeable as other games post-upgrade (Halo 5, Gears 4, Witcher 3). Of course, it looked fantastic before and already had HDR, which I still think makes an even bigger difference than the resolution. Definitely notice some jaggies gone that were there last night when I played and see some nice added effects here and there.

Still say AC Origins is the best looking X game, but also played it on X to begin with so no “upgrade” comparison.

The biggest difference I'm seeing is the foliage in the trees and stuff in the distance, like up on Blizzard Mountain is much more crisp with some nice motion blur. 

#507 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2191 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

I mean, its not terrible...?

#508 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3427 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

OMG Far Cry Primal standalone at under $20, I'm in for it. 

#509 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   12121 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Pretty big sale but mostly meh prices. Some titles I’ve never heard of.

#510 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:11 AM

$2 for Limbo... I think I’ll finally buy on that one