* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#721 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:06 AM

I'm more of a run and gun but when I played Far Cry Blood Dragon for some reason I really liked being stealthy more than in any other game. Thanks, unless someone had a bad experience I think that's what I'll buy.

As I go stealth most often than not in the Far Cry games, Blood Dragon is the complete opposite. Its over the top and exaggerated gameplay should be cherished, not shamed.  :-

#722 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   1005 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:26 AM

Just finished tale tells guardians of the Galaxy. I enjoyed it. Good story very similar to the movies.

It was a little slower at parts but the group dynamic is really fun and when they are all fighting together it made for some of the best tell tale stuff.

I finished it just after you, haha. I did like it a lot. I thought it employed a lot of the quirks that makes the team fun in the movies. As a Telltale game, it's probably near the bottom of the list for me, but still pretty good.

If it does, it potentially means the end of me being interested in using Bing or Edge

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Could this potentially mean that Microsoft gift cards will end on Bing Rewards on June 30th?

EDIT: How do you add images here?

What exactly are you guys referring to? Is there some reason to think Bing Rewards won't continue to offer them? MattOK's post reads like a reply but I didn't see anything in the ~page or two before that seemed relevant.

#723 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8496 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:30 AM

What exactly are you guys referring to? Is there some reason to think Bing Rewards won't continue to offer them? MattOK's post reads like a reply but I didn't see anything in the ~page or two before that seemed relevant.

I think MattOK was trying to post an image to which his post was referring, because without it, I agree the comment comes out of nowhere and I also have no idea what led him to that conclusion.

#724 dorath   Banned CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:06 AM

How much were the Xbox One Kinect units when GS was blowing them out for really cheap? I’m thinking of getting one so I can use the camera when I broadcast on Mixer...

May just join the Alpha ring and be able to use a USB camera...

10.00 i believe

#725 braiiins  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:12 AM

How much were the Xbox One Kinect units when GS was blowing them out for really cheap? I’m thinking of getting one so I can use the camera when I broadcast on Mixer...

They were under $20 I believe. Keep in mind if you have an S or X you'll need an adapter to use it. MS announced they're not making them anymore so those were going for like $75 when I checked a couple weeks ago.

#726 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2220 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:48 AM

So, I finally played Rocket League. Fun game but I totally suck, at least for now. I got an assist in the first game, scored once in the second, and nothing else after that. Bloodywarrior was a scoring machine. I figured I'd be matched with other players at my level but I was playing with veterans.

#727 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:11 AM

So, I finally played Rocket League. Fun game but I totally suck, at least for now. I got an assist in the first game, scored once in the second, and nothing else after that. Bloodywarrior was a scoring machine. I figured I'd be matched with other players at my level but I was playing with veterans.

Glad you finally took the plunge. I sucked when I started too, lol we were all Noobs once. I highly recommend running some drills every once and a while to better your play.

#728 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68212 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:03 PM

Today's the first day for the new Freedom Rewards Play-a-Thon to start tracking progress. I've got 4:23 so far, which is 17 entries for me.

Interesting, too bad Pinball FX 3 isn't in the eligible titles at least from what i see. Makes less sense since they have Pinball FX 2.

There's an ad for this XBL Rewards promotion on the dashboard store that links to qualifying games, which includes Pinball FX3 in there.

#729 WonkyToad   Switch Friend Code = SW-5381-8720-3041 CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

Pulled the trigger on Inside and Limbo last night. Continuing my search for another $18 worth of games for Doctor xbox rewards mission.

If you are still looking for something on the Doctor rewards list, I cannot recommend What Remains of Edith Finch enough.

I am normally not into "Interactive novels" that much, but I started it yesterday and finished it.

It is SO well written, so well done. The interactions do not feel forced or tacked on. Everything flowed so well.

I plan on going back again just to see what I missed, and to go through the entire story again. It is that good.

When I finished it I just sat and watched all of the credits (which do callbacks to the story throughout) going "Wow...."

#730 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   831 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:56 PM

If you are still looking for something on the Doctor rewards list, I cannot recommend What Remains of Edith Finch enough.
I am normally not into "Interactive novels" that much, but I started it yesterday and finished it.
It is SO well written, so well done. The interactions do not feel forced or tacked on. Everything flowed so well.
I plan on going back again just to see what I missed, and to go through the entire story again. It is that good.
When I finished it I just sat and watched all of the credits (which do callbacks to the story throughout) going "Wow...."

Agreed! I started it last night as well but wasn’t able to finish it yet. Great story, flow, and the graphics are nice to. It definitely has a Big Fish feel to me so far.

#731 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4862 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

Some new drops today.  Some Ubisoft games and season passes, maybe price drops?  And then what may be the usual Madden Super Bowl Sale, but usually it occurs with a sale starting before the SB and ending after and there usually is a "Super Bowl Edition" or the like.  Tempted to get the GOAT edition to get some MUT stuff plus no longer putting my disc in and then the disc will be expendable for the Best Buy trade in deal for Madden 19 this fall.

Title 
Date 
Price 
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Season Pass
01/19/2018 USD 29.99 USD 14.99
(Drop 50%)
Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass
01/19/2018 USD 24.99 USD 14.99
(Drop 40%)
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Digital Deluxe Edition
01/19/2018 USD 89.99 USD 44.99
(Drop 50%)
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
01/19/2018 USD 59.99 USD 29.99
(Drop 50%)
Steep And The Crew
01/19/2018 USD 79.99 USD 54.99
(Drop 31%)
Just Cause 3
01/19/2018 USD 59.99 USD 29.99
(Drop 50%)
Just Cause 3 Xl Edition
01/19/2018 USD 84.49 USD 44.99
(Drop 47%)
Madden NFL 18: G.o.a.t. Super Bowl Edition
01/19/2018 USD 59.99 USD 19.80
(Save 67%)
Beholder Complete Edition
01/19/2018 USD 24.99 USD 14.99
(Save 40%)
Madden NFL 18 Ultimate Team Starter Pack
01/19/2018 USD 7.99 USD 4.00
(Save 50%)
World To The West
01/18/2018 USD 24.99 USD 19.99
(Drop 20%)
2064: Read Only Memories
01/18/2018 USD 28.49 USD 19.99

#732 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

Been a long time. Anyways here's a video of me getting kidnapped and almost murdered on PUBG

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/42629662

#733 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

Thanks. I was thinking about that and maybe Dear Esther.

#734 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

I'm Delta ring and use a logitech usb camera. If you do that I would recommend a usb extension cord. I got one from amazon basics when I ordered the web cam and it worked out well. Just depends on your setup.

#735 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

I think rank only takes into account how much you've played and how much you've won. Essentially you get xp for playing a match, but you get more for winning than losing. I'm ranked semi-pro but I'm terrible; it's just from how much I've played.

So even if they matched based on your named tank there could be some disparity. Better player matching to create more competitive matches might require matching other stats/metrics like goals per game, total goals/assists, centers, saves, etc. On the other hand, being very specific about matching could mean you have the same people playing each other over and over or worse you can't match them to anyone.

For me I play mostly to see myself or other players make great plays not so much for winning. Oh and I live comebacks on either side. Those always blow my mind.

But yes, skills drills. I gotta do more of those.

#736 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1432 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

Today's the first day for the new Freedom Rewards Play-a-Thon to start tracking progress. I've got 4:23 so far, which is 17 entries for me.

There's an ad for this XBL Rewards promotion on the dashboard store that links to qualifying games, which includes Pinball FX3 in there.

Yeah I saw that ad on the dashboard yesterday, it doesn't have clicker heros and oddly has that fable card game that costs $20 or something

#737 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68212 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

Yeah I saw that ad on the dashboard yesterday, it doesn't have clicker heros and oddly has that fable card game that costs $20 or something

I think the point is that it all counts.

#738 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1432 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

I think the point is that it all counts.

Yeah wasn't disagreeing with you, just thought it odd. I already have 9 hours from idling the Pinball Arcade the first night. 

#739 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

Mutant League Football launched out of preview yesterday. $20 instead of $25. People who bought it at $25 did get DLC though.

Has a one hour trial. Was pretty damn fun, but the CAG in me said wait till it gets even cheaper.

#740 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68212 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:59 PM

#741 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:05 PM

Yeah wasn't disagreeing with you, just thought it odd. I already have 9 hours from idling the Pinball Arcade the first night.

How do you keep it idling? I've tried plugging in my controller and rubberbanding the sticks, but it keeps d/cing the controller and then shutting down. I've been trying to idle Clicker Heroes, but I'll switch to pinball if that's easier.

#742 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

I'd give her a handful of Keflings. Hopefully she doesn't kick them.

#743 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68212 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:17 PM

How do you keep it idling? I've tried plugging in my controller and rubberbanding the sticks, but it keeps d/cing the controller and then shutting down. I've been trying to idle Clicker Heroes, but I'll switch to pinball if that's easier.

Or just play it?

#744 WonkyToad   Switch Friend Code = SW-5381-8720-3041 CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

^ I believe that was a joke and EB is EjectedBunny. lol

So I'm up to Lvl 47 in Frozen Freefall

Got all dailies done, all three daily challenges (that reward shards) & a few PvP battles in Gems of War, almost got all my Kingdoms upgraded to Lvl 10 as well.

Went back and played some quests in Fallout Shelter.

Playing a bit of Pinball FX 3 and hoping that qualifies, though it's not on the list of games.

This Free promo thingie is killing my resolution of getting to the backlog of-already-bought-and-paid-for-games.

I am right there with you, Buddy!

Welcome to my boat.

BTW I am still looking for more games for the Doctor "Quest".

I am normally not into "interactive novels", but I am kinda, maybe, sorta looking at FireWatch... maybe?

Any suggestions?

#745 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

I am right there with you, Buddy!
Welcome to my boat.

BTW I am still looking for more games for the Doctor "Quest".
I am normally not into "interactive novels", but I am kinda, maybe, sorta looking at FireWatch... maybe?
Any suggestions?

I picked up Inside and Limbo for $12 total. Weird thing is you'll probably be over $30. A lot of combinations hit $29.99 (or end in 98 cents or 97 cents) before tax because a number of the games are at a price ending in .99 . If I were at a brick and mortar store I'd just throw in a pack of 25 cent gum. Where's the digital gum?

#746 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1432 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:58 PM

It went to the title screen, but you stay logged in on Pinball Arcade. I noticed that Clicker Heroes and Pinball FX 3 both log out your profile when they go to the title screen.

#747 MOStateSuperman   I eat birds and planes for breakfast. CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

MOStateSuperman

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=G4zEMeRzCHc

Mutant League Football launched out of preview yesterday. $20 instead of $25. People who bought it at $25 did get DLC though.

Has a one hour trial. Was pretty damn fun, but the CAG in me said wait till it gets even cheaper.

What does the DLC entail?

#748 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:11 PM

Or just play it?

I can't stay up all night playing f2p games when I have to work in the morning. Thanks though for the very helpful suggestion.

#749 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   596 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:19 PM

I can't stay up all night playing f2p games when I have to work in the morning. Thanks though for the very helpful suggestion.

I've had luck leaving Clicker Heroes going over night by just having my controller plugged into my xbox. Just have to get past the choose profile step and into the game proper. Up to 15 hours so far, which is only 15 entries for the group i'm in.

#750 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10006 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

Well the point is to play the games, not to game the contest...