* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#11491 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4138 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:25 AM

If you purchase a game off of a Mixer partner you get $5 back though it only qualifies for games they're streaming at the moment. Usually there is like a pink pop up notification under to tell you if it qualifies.

can you purchase with you MS credit? Sorry if that’s a dumb question.

#11492 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:31 AM

can you purchase with you MS credit? Sorry if that’s a dumb question.

Yes, I did.

#11493 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6537 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:38 AM

Just noticed that they deposited the $5 from my Arkham Knight purchase through Mixer from a few days ago. Still on the fence about Forza Horizon 2, but it's a good price. Hope the rest of you get your $5 soon.

#11494 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68496 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:46 AM

If you purchase a game off of a Mixer partner you get $5 back though it only qualifies for games they're streaming at the moment. Usually there is like a pink pop up notification under to tell you if it qualifies.

And people are trying to grab sale games this way for the added money back? Or does it only offer full prices?

#11495 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:49 AM

And people are trying to grab sale games this way for the added money back? Or does it only offer full prices?

I bought gta v on sale that way. The only way I could justify buying it for a third time was if I could get it under 15.

#11496 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1636 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:06 AM

Sale games work, I bought Elder Scrolls Online a few days ago since it was $10 and I got my $5 back today, unfortunately there was that day in between where it went to Xbox Games Pass...

#11497 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   843 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:21 AM

I just got my $5, it popped up as a notification while I was playing, I made my purchase on Friday.  Says we we have 90 days to spend it.

#11498 Reedus  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:23 AM

Overkill's The Walking Dead is now available for digital pre-order and pre-download!

:xb1: Overkill's The Walking Dead Standard Edition

:xb1: Overkill's The Walking Dead Deluxe Edition

#11499 TurkeyOnRye   Hey? Is this velvet? CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

TurkeyOnRye

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:26 AM

Ok, I'm going to go on an old man/parent rant, but after watching the BG&E2 trailer, I couldn't help it.

Don't think of me as a prude.  I grew up in the 80's and 90's and didn't have any adverse effects from violence from games like MK and Doom (back when Congress was investigating).  I don't mind my kids seeing it (well, most of the time - newer MKs are a little too much).  But does every game that is supposed to appeal to me need to have rampant cursing?  Once again, I don't mind it - but it's a little hard to let my kids be around when I play games that have arbitrary cursing in them.

I know there are kid games out there (mine is addicted to Minecraft and Lego games), but I always thought BG&E was a wonderful bridge between family friendly and mature.  My kids loved watching me play through it.  But there's no way I can play BG&E2 with them around because of the randomly filthy-mouthed monkey character.  Is he really necessary?  Couldn't they make up curse words???

I would love it if someone (console manufacturers, publisher, developers - whoever!) would add a filter that would just bleep or garble curse words and could be turned off at a whim.  That way, when the kiddos are around, it's ok for me to enjoy my games.  And when they are out of earshot I can play them with cursing on or whatever.

Just my 2 cents.

#11500 PsiScream   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:53 AM

I would love it if someone (console manufacturers, publisher, developers - whoever!) would add a filter that would just bleep or garble curse words and could be turned off at a whim.  That way, when the kiddos are around, it's ok for me to enjoy my games.  And when they are out of earshot I can play them with cursing on or whatever.

Just my 2 cents.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.  I don't need swearing to consider it an adult game, and most of the time it doesn't add anything to the experience for me.  My philosophy in real life is about the same, and you'd only really hear me swearing if I were a) really angry and needing an outlet b) drunk (trash talk) or c) had just hit my thumb with a hammer.

#11501 ChrisD0811   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:55 AM

Ok, I'm going to go on an old man/parent rant, but after watching the BG&E2 trailer, I couldn't help it.

Don't think of me as a prude. I grew up in the 80's and 90's and didn't have any adverse effects from violence from games like MK and Doom (back when Congress was investigating). I don't mind my kids seeing it (well, most of the time - newer MKs are a little too much). But does every game that is supposed to appeal to me need to have rampant cursing? Once again, I don't mind it - but it's a little hard to let my kids be around when I play games that have arbitrary cursing in them.

I know there are kid games out there (mine is addicted to Minecraft and Lego games), but I always thought BG&E was a wonderful bridge between family friendly and mature. My kids loved watching me play through it. But there's no way I can play BG&E2 with them around because of the randomly filthy-mouthed monkey character. Is he really necessary? Couldn't they make up curse words???

I would love it if someone (console manufacturers, publisher, developers - whoever!) would add a filter that would just bleep or garble curse words and could be turned off at a whim. That way, when the kiddos are around, it's ok for me to enjoy my games. And when they are out of earshot I can play them with cursing on or whatever.

Just my 2 cents.

Are you referring to one random line where one character says "jack shit". Really?

After reading your rant, I went and rewatched the trailer because I had no recollection of any cursing in the trailer. I expected to hear gratuitous f bombs, etc. I think your statement is a bit of a reach. My 2 cents.

#11502 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2114 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:05 AM

Are you referring to one random line where one character says "jack shit". Really?

After reading your rant, I went and rewatched the trailer because I had no recollection of any cursing in the trailer. I expected to hear gratuitous f bombs, etc. I think your statement is a bit of a reach. My 2 cents.

Seriously I watched it again as well and didn't hear anything bad at all Kids are hearing curse worse everywhere. Calm down. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#11503 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:05 AM

So Battlefront 2...seems like a pretty good price at this point.  I nabbed the first one at around $20 but it seemed to fall pretty quickly after that.  Does anyone think that it may still be in freefall or with the new upcoming content that this is currently a fair price point?  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

#11504 Sielanas  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:16 AM

I haven't shopped at GameStop in years but my bro wanted me to try to get some E3 Exclusive Master Chief Camo Pop Vinyl toy thing. He sent me a link and it gave me an option to try to see if stores have it to hold me fore. I select a store and requested one for hold. Sure enough I get the Hold Confirmation email. So I went there when they opened, I was the second person there, no one was there just me the other person and one employee. I told the employee what I was there for and she just told me they didn't have any or they were for preorders. Anyone else tried to get this and somehow preordered? I wasn't sure if it was available to preorder or not. I just emailed GameStop and told them my experience lol.

Roast them on a survey, I had this happen to me getting to buy a figure. Same thing, showed in stock, knew damn well it was being held for an employee. Got to speak with a DM and it was suddenly available for purchase.

#11505 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   746 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:26 AM

Only game I recall having a “mature content filter” was Gears 3. Turned the profanity into radio static and blood into sparks.

Actually kinda entertaining in its own way.

#11506 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:43 AM

Cyberpunk 2077 will have "full frontal nudity" and one night stands

SOLD!

#11507 braiiins  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:11 AM

So Battlefront 2...seems like a pretty good price at this point.  I nabbed the first one at around $20 but it seemed to fall pretty quickly after that.  Does anyone think that it may still be in freefall or with the new upcoming content that this is currently a fair price point?  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

If you like physical copies toys r us has it for $24 if there's still any open near you. Also, I feel like it could be added to EA access soon but I'm not very familiar with how long it takes for games to be added. It may not be immediately but it will drop in price more. Battlefront and the battlefield games have gotten to below $10 each I believe. If you think you'll play it immediately I'd go for it, but if it's going in the backlog I'd wait.

#11508 Touch3  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:11 AM

I couldn't find any partners streaming AC Origins, so instead I found a Mixer partner that was just starting their stream for the day, and before they got into the game I asked them nicely if they would change their Direct Purchase link so that I could buy it, and they were happy to.

They did, and it's still set for ACO Gold for now:  https://mixer.com/Caglee

If you're still having trouble finding a streamer that has the game you want, asking them to change their link between matches/downtime might be the best route, as they'll probably be happy to grab a few bucks.

#11509 MattZack   Virtue for the virtuous, signaling for others. CAGiversary!   1295 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:35 AM

Speaking of which I just received my credit from my purchase through mixer on the 7th.

what does it indicate - I have xbox live rewards deposits and miscellaneous credits from Bing.  Does it say mixer?

#11510 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3509 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:36 AM

SOLD!

If you think that's cool, let me tell you about this thing called the internet and Tinder.

#11511 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:44 AM

what does it indicate - I have xbox live rewards deposits and miscellaneous credits from Bing.  Does it say mixer?

Mine came in as "Xbox Live Rewards Deposit" on my order history page. I also got a message on xbox life from xbox thanking me for purchasing from a mixer partner and that the 5$ was deposited to my account.

#11512 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5567 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:55 AM

If you think that's cool, let me tell you about this thing called the internet and Tinder.

Spoiler

#11513 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3099 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:04 AM

SOLD!

How will I ever play it with my kids?

#11514 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:39 AM

As others are saying, no humans are in the game besides other players so I doubt there will be AI companions, either. And I'm doubtful that the game will have an overarching narrative, quests, etc. because there are no NPCs to give them out. Todd Howard did say there'd be terminals, etc. so there will be in-game lore, but I'm guessing this is meant to be a more loosely structured (if structured at all) experience than the other games. Basically a MP survival sandbox using the Fallout IP.

I'd be fine with that as long as most servers are pretty active. This is shades of Star Wars Galaxies on a smaller scale if they get it right. Right up my alley if so.

#11515 PsiScream   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:53 AM

I still have a 1080p tv, so for me the Xbox One X is already exceeding my console gaming needs so as long as it plays the new games I won't need a new one yet. Now if it's 2021, I'll probably be ready for a new console by then but I'm pretty happy with my Xbox One X right now. I just want a new Halo for it more than a whole new Xbox.

This rumor suggests the new xbox 'Scarlett' will arrive in 2020  https://www.thurrott...ill-arrive-2020

#11516 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1636 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:56 AM

Don't think of me as a prude.  I grew up in the 80's and 90's and didn't have any adverse effects from violence from games like MK and Doom (back when Congress was investigating).  I don't mind my kids seeing it (well, most of the time - newer MKs are a little too much).  But does every game that is supposed to appeal to me need to have rampant cursing?  Once again, I don't mind it - but it's a little hard to let my kids be around when I play games that have arbitrary cursing in them.

I know there are kid games out there (mine is addicted to Minecraft and Lego games), but I always thought BG&E was a wonderful bridge between family friendly and mature.  My kids loved watching me play through it.  But there's no way I can play BG&E2 with them around because of the randomly filthy-mouthed monkey character.  Is he really necessary?  Couldn't they make up curse words???

Just my 2 cents.

French people are different than American

#11517 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:01 AM

That was my take when BG&E2 was shown: This has nothing to do with the original story, gameplay wise anyways.

Also if your old like me you'll never forget how BG&E1 dropped to $20 at Circuit City two weeks after release. Or was that $10?

#11518 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:07 AM

My kids get called the n word on Xbox live everyday I think they can tolerate some profanity in games.

#11519 The Masked Heel  

The Masked Heel

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:01 PM

Violence = Okay

Someone saying words like Fuck and shit? = WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!?!

#11520 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:53 PM

Violence = Okay
Someone saying words like Fuck and shit? = WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!?!

It’s because kids these days have no respect and run around yelling profanities like they’re going out of style but it’s not like they’re going around shooting up sch............. okay never mind I see your point!