* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#12961 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10236 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:37 PM

The real thing that grinded my gears is that the game came out in such a bad state, showing they learn nothing from D1, which also launched poorly and found a year to really find it's footing. 

From what I hear, both games suffered big problems in their development and had to be scrapped in some form or another.  I'm thinking the game engine is a little too obtuse, but they are getting better at being able to control different aspects of the game.  Nothing like on the job training!

#12962 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2118 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:46 PM

And I'm sure their reps will get a good chuckle out of your screenshot as "proof" of deserving an obvious error. :)

This one is just too risky for my blood, I've already got the first two (actually have both physical), so overpaying for the digital versions again if they yank 3 from it would be very bad.

The listing is pretty clear about what the purchase includes. I don't understand how people think this includes DS3.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#12963 Duke Joeseppi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Duke Joeseppi

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:53 PM

So how is everyone organizing their groups in the latest update I’m struggling with the 160 games I have had installed, open to suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 500+ games installed. It’s definitely a chore organizing them. I did groups for Streaming Apps, EA Access Games, Disc Games, Free 2 Play Games, and then I organized by franchise (assassins creed, gears of war, etc) if I had 3 or more games in that franchise. Only problem is 40 groups is the max so I got to Star Wars and ran out of groups. Then I updated my home console after doing all the work on my other console and it completely erased all the groups I had made. So word of caution if you have more than one Xbox, update the systems before organizing groups.

It’s nice to be able to put them in groups, and I really like that you can put a game in more than one group. But with 500+ it’s difficult to keep track of which games got grouped and which ones didn’t. Plus I need about 10-15 more groups to put them all in the arrangement I was going with. 😢

#12964 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   645 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:59 PM

About that Darksiders bundle, I already owned the war and death bundle so I went and checked it out and it says I own this. So it seems like they just added Darksiders 3 to that bundle by mistake.

I clicked through to the D3 bundle and it says I can install it. So I hit that just to see what happens down the road but odds are they fix this soon enough. Just to make things interesting I checked my order history and found my bundle order (from April 2018) and D3 has been added to that order.

#12965 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10236 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:00 PM

I have 500+ games installed. It’s definitely a chore organizing them. I did groups for Streaming Apps, EA Access Games, Disc Games, Free 2 Play Games, and then I organized by franchise (assassins creed, gears of war, etc) if I had 3 or more games in that franchise. Only problem is 40 groups is the max so I got to Star Wars and ran out of groups. Then I updated my home console after doing all the work on my other console and it completely erased all the groups I had made. So word of caution if you have more than one Xbox, update the systems before organizing groups.

It’s nice to be able to put them in groups, and I really like that you can put a game in more than one group. But with 500+ it’s difficult to keep track of which games got grouped and which ones didn’t. Plus I need about 10-15 more groups to put them all in the arrangement I was going with.

FYI - Groups are account-based and not console-based.  What you set up on one console will propagate to all consoles as you sign in to them, but I guess a large amount of groups takes more time to do so.

#12966 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1641 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:00 PM

The listing is pretty clear about what the purchase includes. I don't understand how people think this includes DS3.

Huh? Maybe because it's listed in the "In This Bundle" part. I think the RE fiasco couple holidays was actually a bigger price difference so who knows. 

eyQArEo.png

#12967 jonathansmith369   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

jonathansmith369

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

I bought that Darksiders collection for $10 back on 1/1/18 so I am very skeptical they will let us have DS3 for those who got in on it then for that cheap. It is currently showing that I have DS3 pre-ordered but there is still plenty of time for them to fix it before it release so I won't get my hopes up until then.

#12968 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8975 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:10 PM

Huh? Maybe because it's listed in the "In This Bundle" part. I think the RE fiasco couple holidays was actually a bigger price difference so who knows.

eyQArEo.png

Also shows after you bought it on your account page purchase history. Lists all three.

#12969 Previously someTooL  

Previously someTooL

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:11 PM

Ahh that RE bundle from the past. Got in on that too...still look at them as I scroll through the backlog.

#12970 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1641 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:22 PM

Also shows after you bought it on your account page purchase history. Lists all three.

Yeah and if you check the actual store on the One X under upcoming games it shows for me "purchased" under that edition of Darksiders III. They added a bunch of new stuff in there since I last looked a few weeks ago. Man that Resident Evil 2 remake looks amazing.

#12971 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:30 PM

Not Darksiders related but Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is 50-60fps on X since it was unlocked on the 360. Had a lot of fun with this game back in the day. Being unlocked on the original 360 still kept it around 30fps, so near double gains on the X

#12972 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2109 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

Randomly selected numbers were 32 and 31!

soooo the winners are....

sethrhf

and

squishface

seth you get first pick and squish you get the other

don't forget to send a thanks over to darthziggy

Thanks for playing, hopefully some good stuff drops tomorrow :)

Woohoo, the first time I won something here thanks! :)

#12973 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:39 PM

Aye yo Fuck battletoads, I don't understand the nostalgia for that sack of crap, and the arcade game is even worse

end rant

Why I gotta love rare replay so much when it treats me so bad  :cry:

#12974 ChrisD0811   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:41 PM

Aye yo Fuck battletoads, I don't understand the nostalgia for that sack of crap, and the arcade game is even worse
end rant

Why I gotta love rare replay so much when it treats me so bad :cry:

I actually just got the last achievement in Rare Replay last week. Was probably the most satisfying completion I ever earned.

#12975 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:14 PM

I actually just got the last achievement in Rare Replay last week. Was probably the most satisfying completion I ever earned.

I plan to get all the stamps, but not sure if I will ever be able to, or more importantly have the patience for the infinite turbo tunnel achievement

#12976 mundial1345   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

mundial1345

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:28 PM

It’s nice to be able to put them in groups, and I really like that you can put a game in more than one group. But with 500+ it’s difficult to keep track of which games got grouped and which ones didn’t. Plus I need about 10-15 more groups to put them all in the arrangement I was going with.

Wow that's nuts how big is your hard drive? I've kicked around the franchise thing but then like I'll have a bunch of random ones with only one game. And I started one doing xbox 360 then puzzle games, platformers, rpg etc but I feel like it just wasn't working well either deciding which games to put in the group. Good to know 40 is the max. I'm thinking honestly I might just do an A-D pin D-G pin etc.

#12977 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3513 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:37 PM

My cheap ass sees the $40 glitch Darksiders 3 price and it's still to much. Darksiders 3 will be a $15-20 pickup for me.

#12978 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:45 PM

Lovers in a dangerous spacetime

Is back up for grabs

like this post if you want a chance to grab it!

Will pick someone in like 15-20 mins so heres your chance :)

#12979 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3725 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:46 PM

Just to chip in, if they do fix this glitch you're way over paying for those remasters. DS1 Deathinitive was just $1.99 on PSN.

#12980 TurkeyOnRye   Hey? Is this velvet? CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

TurkeyOnRye

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:49 PM

I bought the Darksiders two-pack way back when it debuted for the discounted $20 price.  Tracking it back to when I bought it, it shows that I "pre-ordered" the Whip and Chains  (or whatever it's called) edition of DS3.

#12981 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:02 PM

So I flipped a coin and Gamersavage you are the winner, congrats!

Can't believe there is no love for LIADST ( I can, I didn't like it at all)

#12982 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1162 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:06 PM

My one X has a problem when when I turn it on, it can't find my WiFi. If i hold down the power button on the console for a few seconds and then turn it on from there, its always fine. I did a restore where i keep downloaded games, and still have this issue. Any ideas on what could be going on or how I fix it? 

#12983 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:09 PM

My one X has a problem when when I turn it on, it can't find my WiFi. If i hold down the power button on the console for a few seconds and then turn it on from there, its always fine. I did a restore where i keep downloaded games, and still have this issue. Any ideas on what could be going on or how I fix it?

It’s a frustrating issue that has been reported by multiple One X owners on this thread. Hopefully Microsoft is aware and is working on a fix.

#12984 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1162 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:12 PM

It’s a frustrating issue that has been reported by multiple One X owners on this thread. Hopefully Microsoft is aware and is working on a fix.

Thank you for the reply. I'm glad I am not the only one having this issue. It's a disappointing flaw. I love my X I just dont play on it much so the few times I do, it bugs me that it doesn't work right. 

#12985 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2118 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:14 PM

Known issue they don't care to fix. Happens to me about 75% of the time. It sucks and it's worse since they've done nothing to fix.

#12986 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1083 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:15 PM

Oh yeah, I won a shoddy game nobody liked, LOL!!! Seriously though, happy to win a game and take one for the team. Thanks!

#12987 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8975 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:26 PM

Wasn’t it a GWG? That may be why. Pretty sure I got it that way unless I am confusing it with PS+.

#12988 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3513 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:29 PM

I liked the Lovers in Spavetime game, it's great for 4 person couch coop, I just already own it cuz yeah I think it might have been GWG.

#12989 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2300 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:45 PM

Known issue they don't care to fix. Happens to me about 75% of the time. It sucks and it's worse since they've done nothing to fix.

Dosen't happen that often for me but a console restart fixes it. Pretty annoying though.

#12990 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   645 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:45 PM

Darksiders glitch has been fixed. Removed from bundle in store and in purchase history.