* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#13231 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6533 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:30 PM

Don't do it. The game is on Gamepass, unless they removed it recently, if you have that you can play it there. I tried to play the game and it is not good. Checkpoints are garbage, combat is slow and just off, but that's just my two cents.

Thanks for the warning. Probably won't bother with it then. It wasn't really a must have game in my book anyway. And I have a few hobbies that my money goes to every month so I can waste that $5 and change on something else instead.

#13232 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3508 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for the warning. Probably won't bother with it then. It wasn't really a must have game in my book anyway. And I have a few hobbies that my money goes to every month so I can waste that $5 and change on something else instead.

$5 doesn't go very far on hookers and blow.

Friday the 13th Movie Collection for $13
https://www.microsof...6kgwxh4tgv/0001

#13233 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:33 PM

They seem very reluctant to put Cuphead on sale.

#13234 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8951 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:57 PM

Friday the 13th Movie Collection for $13
https://www.microsof...6kgwxh4tgv/0001

Would be a better deal if MS would get their shit together and join Movies Anywhere!

#13235 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:30 PM

Well shoot. It was an easy pass at $35, but pretty tempting at $20.

I was playing with a friend the other night. Mentioned liking to try the exotic Sweet Business on my titan and how the expansion pass was too much at $35. Last night I got that gun and now the pass goes on sale. If I didn't know better I would think Bungie was listening.

There is a Faction Rally starting next week.  If you want to make Sweet Business even sweeter, you can pledge New Monarchy to get the catalyst that will improve the gun's performance.  However, the grind to get the catalyst and then the grind to complete the catalyst will probably be a slog. :)

#13236 MOStateSuperman   I eat birds and planes for breakfast. CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

MOStateSuperman

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:37 PM

There is a Faction Rally starting next week.  If you want to make Sweet Business even sweeter, you can pledge New Monarchy to get the catalyst that will improve the gun's performance.  However, the grind to get the catalyst and then the grind to complete the catalyst will probably be a slog. :)

I purchased the game + DLCs at launch. The fact that I have no idea what a catalyst is tells me that I should probably sit the next game out. I just don't stick with those games nearly as long as I think I will. 

#13237 ChrisD0811   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:38 PM

Fat City dropped its price to 8 from 13. Never been on sale from what i can see.

#13238 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:43 PM

So it looks like we’re getting new Duke colors. I had no idea.

https://m.gamestop.c...gamestop/165964

#13239 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:52 PM

Dark souls update:
Beat the game. That was awesome. You hear how bosses can be so hard you get that sense of accomplishment when you beat them, BUT a few areas are same way. If you played you know what archers I’m talking about. :)

I still would suggest giving it a go with a guide or a friend if you thought it was too hard before. All it take is some help to get you to understand gameplay.

Three things (I can think of right now) that make me love this game:

1) boss fights feel epic (you knew that)
2) DS1 has maybe the best level design I’ve ever seen - shortcuts and “traps” show how much love went into this game
3) I can not remember a game that I wanted to start again the moment I finished.

#13240 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1633 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:06 PM

Dark souls update:
Beat the game. That was awesome. You hear how bosses can be so hard you get that sense of accomplishment when you beat them, BUT a few areas are same way. If you played you know what archers I’m talking about. :)

I still would suggest giving it a go with a guide or a friend if you thought it was too hard before. All it take is some help to get you to understand gameplay.

Three things (I can think of right now) that make me love this game:

1) boss fights feel epic (you knew that)
2) DS1 has maybe the best level design I’ve ever seen - shortcuts and “traps” show how much love went into this game
3) I can not remember a game that I wanted to start again the moment I finished.

Ha I know what part you're talking about and it will still piss you off no matter how many times you play it. I don't think they've ever got that same feeling of an interconnected world design in the other Dark Souls games or Bloodborne the same way they did for the first game. Not they they are bad in the other games was just never felt as intricate.

I just finished off the game again, finally bothering with the achievements for getting all the rare weapons, sorceries, etc... thinking about going back and actually doing the same for the 360 version. If I had one complaint about the remaster it was the carbon copy achievement list and how by just the nature of the game it doesn't really push you into finding the new DLC areas. 

#13241 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1480 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:20 PM

Still no news on the summer sale? I'm getting antsy.

#13242 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   593 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:00 PM

I think the dream is dead. The E3 sale probably was the summer sale

#13243 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3508 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:07 PM

Never heard of Antsy, is it anything like Sim Ant?

#DadJokes4Life

#13244 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5567 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:09 PM

Gears streams for the weekend eSports tournament in New Orleans are underway.  Dev / community portion right now, they just mentioned that a timer quest for a skin should be up in a few minutes.

https://live.gearsofwar.com/

I'm thinking next week.

#13245 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5567 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:20 PM

Timed quest for the Corp Snub is live in the Gears stream.  Must watch for 30 minutes.

#13246 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

Timed quest for the Corp Snub is live in the Gears stream.  Must watch for 30 minutes.

It looks like it's already offline.  How long do these things typically last?

#13247 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5567 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:12 PM

It looks like it's already offline.  How long do these things typically last?

The dev / community streams usually run about 90-105 minutes (start a bit after 6pm on Thursday, end a bit after 7:30).  It was scheduled to start at 12:30 Eastern, but was about 20 minutes late in starting, so it was only live for about 70 minutes.  The quest was live during the stream for about 40 minutes.  There's usually only 10-15 minutes extra time in the stream from when they start those timed quests.

The stream with the matches will resume at 3pm Eastern.

Based on a recent tweet, looks like Syndrome Lancer, Gnasher and Snub will be available this weekend, along with everything but those 3 weapons from the New Orleans skin set.  The New Orleans Lancer, Gnasher and Snub will be in their loot box pack this weekend.

https://gearsofwar.c...sSupporterPack9

Spoiler

#13248 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2296 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:23 PM

Would be a better deal if MS would get their shit together and join Movies Anywhere!

It wouldn't make a difference with that anyway since Paramount also has yet to join. ;)

#13249 gogomo  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:37 PM

I purchased the game + DLCs at launch. The fact that I have no idea what a catalyst is tells me that I should probably sit the next game out. I just don't stick with those games nearly as long as I think I will. 

You're not missing much.  A lot of the recent additions to the game are to satisfy the people who love grinding.  Catalysts can help give an additional boost to a weapon (like +20 range), but are not necessary and are random drops.  So you could do 100 nightfall strikes and not get a single one to drop for you.  Not a good use of time, imo.

#13250 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5567 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:02 PM

NOLA Markza is live in the Gears stream.

#13251 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:21 PM

Anyone pick up Danger Zone 2?

Picked up Lumines (full price) seems faithful to the PSP version I played years ago. Only down side is no  online multiplayer.

#13252 hopeless  

hopeless

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:47 PM

There is a Faction Rally starting next week. If you want to make Sweet Business even sweeter, you can pledge New Monarchy to get the catalyst that will improve the gun's performance. However, the grind to get the catalyst and then the grind to complete the catalyst will probably be a slog. :)

Sad part I haven't even tried it yet. I got it with my warlock after doing clan xp. Put it in the vault and went to my hunter to do the clan xp with him. Haven't had a chance to play since.

I went DO on the last rally since they had the ornament for the Eye warlock helmet & I don't remember which gun catalyst but I already had the gun. Ended up with neither since I only made it into the 20's.

When they have another really can I pick up where I left off with DO or does it reset?

#13253 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

Sad part I haven't even tried it yet. I got it with my warlock after doing clan xp. Put it in the vault and went to my hunter to do the clan xp with him. Haven't had a chance to play since.

I went DO on the last rally since they had the ornament for the Eye warlock helmet & I don't remember which gun catalyst but I already had the gun. Ended up with neither since I only made it into the 20's.

When they have another really can I pick up where I left off with DO or does it reset?

DO has the Graviton Lance catalyst, and if you choose Do for the next FR it will pick up where you left off.

EDIT - Bungie has made mention that all three catalysts will be available outside of FR in Y2, so you are REALLY only in it for the specific ornaments that I don't believe can be had from any other method.

#13254 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5567 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:11 PM

NOLA Enforcer is live.

#13255 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:17 PM

Anyone pick up Danger Zone 2?

Picked up Lumines (full price) seems faithful to the PSP version I played years ago. Only down side is no  online multiplayer.

I got Danger Zone 2 earlier today. Definite improvement on the first game. Feels a little like the budget title it is which is fair enough. I'll have a ton of fun with it, but if you are looking for a Burnout game you'll only find part of it here. Crash mode junkies will be okay paying $20, all others should wait for a sale or game pass.

#13256 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2238 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:39 PM

So I'm pretty smitten with this TV. I've had 1080p displays, monitors, etc., but this is my fist proper HD TV, and the image quality for movies and games is so much better than I thought it would be - not even talking about 4k content. Girlfriend is obsessed with watching Westworld on it. Color values have brought old games to life, even the MCC.

Thanks to those who gave input on the purchase.

#13257 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2112 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:40 PM

So I'm pretty smitten with this TV. I've had 1080p displays, monitors, etc., but this is my fist proper HD TV, and the image quality for movies and games is so much better than I thought it would be - not even talking about 4k content. Girlfriend is obsessed with watching Westworld on it. Color values have brought old games to life, even the MCC.

Thanks to those who gave input on the purchase.

You get the TCL?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#13258 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2238 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:49 PM

You get the TCL?

Yeah, the 43" 4 Series. Which, unfortunately, doesn't do HDR w/ the One S for games, because it's only HDR8, although Netflix and movies do pick it up. For $265 w/ tax, I'm not really complaining, because the difference in image quality is still night and day to my old setup.

#13259 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2112 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:52 PM

Yeah, the 43" 4 Series. Which, unfortunately, doesn't do HDR w/ the One S for games, because it's only HDR8, although Netflix and movies do pick it up. For $265 w/ tax, I'm not really complaining, because the difference in image quality is still night and day to my old setup.

That's awesome. Too be honest I really can't tell the difference and I have a 55 TCL ($600), an S8000 Samsung, and an OLED. I see better darks in the OLED and that's it.

#13260 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:07 AM

I got Danger Zone 2 earlier today. Definite improvement on the first game. Feels a little like the budget title it is which is fair enough. I'll have a ton of fun with it, but if you are looking for a Burnout game you'll only find part of it here. Crash mode junkies will be okay paying $20, all others should wait for a sale or game pass.

Thanks for the info.I'll save my money for now anyways as I'm waiting for the racing Burnout game they got coming out.