* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#13831 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & CAG CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:02 PM

Pretty sure QB has hit $15 used at Gamestop, unless you're super committed to digital. For folks concerned about bandwidth, that'd certainly help.

Cannot recommend Doom 2016 enough. WIth the bundle, that's a great price, especially for Wolfenstein II (which i haven't played but have heard is excellent). Otherwise, the Wolfenstein bundle w/ the first game and it's prequel is frequently $15 physical.

Long live the AAA single player FPS! 

I'm pretty committed to going digital unless it's for GOTY bundles with content on disc.  Main reason: I game share with my family back home in northern CA.  I think I can wait on QB to hit $15 digital

Sold on the 'Doom' & 'Wolfenstein' bundle.  Maybe I'll pick up the first game & it's prequel as well

#13832 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9994 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:05 PM

Whelp we got a real humdinger of a give away this week!

Thanks to echotech83 (who is celebrating his moms recovery! I'm very happy for you :) Drop him a kind word!) we have.......

HELLBLADE : SENUA's SACRIFICE!

As always like this post to be entered for your chance to win.

Thaks again echotech!

and remember a little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference :grouphug:

Wow! Big donation there.

Echotech83 — great to hear about your mom’s recovery! Wish her continued health and happiness!

#13833 shoethiefrexyk9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

shoethiefrexyk9

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:11 PM

Thanks to echotech83 (who is celebrating his moms recovery! I'm very happy for you :) Drop him a kind word!) we have.......

Thaks again echotech!

and remember a little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference  :grouphug:

Wow thanks for the chance echotech hope your mom keeps doing well!

#13834 shoethiefrexyk9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

shoethiefrexyk9

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:12 PM

I'm at work right now thinking about buying Surviving Mars I vaguely remember at one point they had a bonus on the console reward app for purchasing it, would any of you who are home at your console right now be able to look and tell me if the rewards app still has a bonus for it?

#13835 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:17 PM

Countdown to 2014 sale.  $8.64 in savings by waiting 4.5 years to add them to the backlog.

https://majornelson....nia-collection/

I think they might've been on sale at another point, but that's when I bought them.

I think Major Nelson had it listed as such last night, which is why it got into my list.  Or I just messed up going between his page and my list.

Thanks Bloomy, this inspired me to go ahead and get all the DLC if there is going to be that big of a gap between sales.

#13836 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & CAG CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:36 PM

Thaks again echotech!

and remember a little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference  :grouphug:

Hey echotech, congrats to you and your mom on the good news!  Here's to more and more in the coming weeks

#13837 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3077 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:37 PM

Does game pass work for play anywhere games too? Any benefits to PC gamers? Discounts?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The games that are Play Anywhere do work from the Windows 10 store and the same discounts apply on purchasing the game and DLC

#13838 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:38 PM

Thaks again echotech!

and remember a little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference :grouphug:

Wow, thanks, echo. Very generous, and best wishes to your Ma!

#13839 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:40 PM

Thaks again echotech!

Congrats for your Mom and yourself echotech, so happy to hear the great news!!! Prayers for you and your Mom for excellent health.

#13840 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8232 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:44 PM

I know, that's why I'm dreading it. That month I'll be watching my bandwidth like a hawk. Like I said, I want all the things.

I am pretty sure you can split it up.  So download the game this month.  Then in a couple weeks when it is August download the video?  If you are like everyone else here you won't play it for months if not years (if at all) anyway.    :)

#13841 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9994 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:53 PM

Guess now I need to hold off on buying Hellblade until this contest is over. 😀

#13842 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3077 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:54 PM

Guess now I need to hold off on buying Hellblade until this contest is over.

Ha why I'm not entering, but the price was right Bob 

#13843 BellardB   Get your head in the game! CAGiversary!   596 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:59 PM

Thanks for the generous giveaway and more importantly, thanks for sharing the wonderful news of your Mom's recovery.  Awesome news indeed!

#13844 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   729 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:03 PM

I'm at work right now thinking about buying Surviving Mars I vaguely remember at one point they had a bonus on the console reward app for purchasing it, would any of you who are home at your console right now be able to look and tell me if the rewards app still has a bonus for it?

Surviving Mars is no longer listed on the app or the website.

Currently listed deals:

App:

Games:

Super Lucky's Tale - 3,000 points

Sea of Thieves - 6,000 points

Far Cry 5 Season Pass - 3,000 points

Movies:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 2,000 points

War for the Planet of the Apes - 2,000 points

Games:

Attack on Titan 2 - 6,000 points (Quiz & Search also needed)

Beast Quest - 4,000 points

Movies:

Tomb Raider (2018) - 2,000 points

FYI app now warns that only the thing listed counts toward the bonus, bundles etc don't count. Also these purchases will not get the normal points back per $.

Also congrats on your moms recovery echotech!

Edited by evful, 19 July 2018 - 09:08 PM.

#13845 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:14 PM

Its good to hear about your mom, echotech83.

And Pat, sorry for late reply, got held up with work. You should be good to go now.

#13846 sammiefry  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:33 PM

Thaks again echotech!

Thanks Echotech83 Glad you mother is feeling better.

#13847 Burning Karma   A tempest must be just that CAGiversary!   966 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Burning Karma

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:37 PM

Congrats, echotech83, to you and your mom. Glad to hear everything is on the up and up!

So what's the best way to find a Mixer partnered streamer for that credit? I think it's still going on. I tried searching for Hellblade, LIS: BTS, and Tacoma, but didn't see any for those.

#13848 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:38 PM

Yay for echotech83’s moms recovery.

I’m always surprised how amazing people are on this forum

Yay indeed! I too am surprised at the people here. Most of the internet is not like this.

I am pretty sure you can split it up.  So download the game this month.  Then in a couple weeks when it is August download the video?  If you are like everyone else here you won't play it for months if not years (if at all) anyway.    :)

Really? I had no idea. That will definitely make it more manageable. I'll try not to make it years.  :-P 

#13849 sammiefry  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:46 PM

Really? I had no idea. That will definitely make it more manageable. I'll try not to make it years. :-P

Yeah it doesn’t download the episodes by default. You have to go in the store and download the free video file. It streams them by default.

#13850 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:57 PM

Yay indeed! I too am surprised at the people here. Most of the internet is not like this.

Really? I had no idea. That will definitely make it more manageable. I'll try not to make it years. :-P

What's really nice is that even though it's focused on Xbox deals, there doesn't seem to be any childish console war stupidity in here.

#13851 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:03 PM

What's really nice is that even though it's focused on Xbox deals, there doesn't seem to be any childish console war stupidity in here.

PS3 has a better start up noise than Xbox One fite me

#13852 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:07 PM

Man, Destiny 2 & Expansions at $20 is a great price - and it'd look great with my XB1X in HDR - but is it really worth buying now knowing I'd be behind the times in six weeks when the new expansion comes out, especially because people will probably say its "essential" (which is what people said last time with the latter Destiny expansions)...?

I'm assuming one of the reasons Best Buy is trying to more or less give away vanilla D2 copies is to clear room for inventory for a new SKU which includes all 3 expansions, same as they did for TTK and Rise of Iron. So it's partially a question of waiting for that package deal to go down in price vs paying for the new expansion at MSRP, or just not having all the content.

For $20, I'd probably get my money's worth...

#13853 Previously someTooL  

Previously someTooL

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:08 PM

Contemplating adding a Logitech G920 wheel to gaming mix. I’ve checked and it seems to support all the current games I want to use it with. Anyone have one and have any input to share?

#13854 aledromo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:18 PM

So if t please the crowd, I’ve got two less than stellar games tugging at a $38 heartstring...

1) is there enough single player action-figure fun to justify $23 for MvC Infinite?

2) Star Wars Battlefront 2: same question but for $15.

#13855 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   736 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:19 PM

Contemplating adding a Logitech G920 wheel to gaming mix. I’ve checked and it seems to support all the current games I want to use it with. Anyone have one and have any input to share?

I didn't have that wheel but I had a ThrustMaster TX with force feedback. I absolutely love racing games so I was super excited to get it but I found that after the novelty of the wheel wore off I was just too lazy to hook it up and opted for a controller instead 999 times out of 1000.

They're also hard as hell to sell when you're done using them. If you're confident you'll use it frequently and have a good setup for it than go for it. If you're only moderately interested I'm not sure it will hold your attention long term.

#13856 aledromo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:20 PM

I'm assuming one of the reasons Best Buy is trying to more or less give away vanilla D2 copies is to clear room for inventory for a new SKU which includes all 3 expansions, same as they did for TTK and Rise of Iron. So it's partially a question of waiting for that package deal to go down in price vs paying for the new expansion at MSRP, or just not having all the content.

For $20, I'd probably get my money's worth...

For $5 I’m definitely getting my money’s worth from the Best Buy offer. I can’t see wanting to go much deeper into this world, though.

#13857 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:21 PM

So if t please the crowd, I’ve got two less than stellar games tugging at a $38 heartstring...

1) is there enough single player action-figure fun to justify $23 for MvC Infinite?

2) Star Wars Battlefront 2: same question but for $15.

1. No
2. Possibly. There’s the campaign which is a bit short and the arcade, which are essentially offline multiplayer matches with specific parameters

#13858 aledromo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:22 PM

Thaks again echotech!

I like everything about this post.

#13859 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   759 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:23 PM

Okay, gang, I have a couple digital movie codes I don't need. 

The Dark Knight redeemable at wb.com

Jason Bourne redeemable at uphe.com

I believe they will both work with Movies Anywhere, but I could be wrong. Like this post to enter a random drawing for both codes and I'll pull the winner tonight around 9 p.m. eastern. 

#13860 frankmackeyspam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   491 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

frankmackeyspam

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:52 PM

Still would like some classic 2d games, maybe getting Rogue Legacy or something else. Any good classic 2d games/sidescrollers worth checking out?

In addition to Rogue Legacy I would go with Rayman Legends, Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition, and/or Enter the Gungeon if you don't already own those.  There are some other good ones on sale (Cuphead, Flinthook, Mercenary Kings) but the discounts aren't great.

The two arcade Contra games on 360 are also on sale ($2.50 a pop) and they're backward compatible.  I prefer the NES ports myself.