* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#14011 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2114 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:26 PM

So I would have to use my $400 credit before they use up the $5 promotional credit?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#14012 escapism  

escapism

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:46 PM

Does anyone know why the prices on the website wouldn't reflect the lowest price? I'm logged in and when I go to the sale page it will show (for example) Burnout Paradise Remastered for 23.99 but when I click the link in the OP it's $20. I'm on vacation and can't browse on the console so it's really irritating me. All the $19.80 games are showing $24 too among others.

Well, if you're in another country than the US right now, you're probably browsing that country's website. When you click on the OP its a direct link to the US website.

#14013 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3284 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:50 PM

Well, if you're in another country than the US right now, you're probably browsing that country's website. When you click on the OP its a direct link to the US website.

Sadly, just Pittsburgh lol. It's no biggie, just odd that no Gold discounts are showing after I'm logging in.

#14014 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1076 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:53 PM

Definitely getting Ori and the Blind Forest. Thinking about either Just Cause 3 XL or Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Digital Deluxe. Any other games I should maybe take a look at?

#14015 Previously someTooL  

Previously someTooL

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:05 PM

Sadly, just Pittsburgh lol. It's no biggie, just odd that no Gold discounts are showing after I'm logging in.

Happened to me too while in Dominican Republic. I was able to sign in using the Xbox app and everything worked from there. Might be worth a try.

#14016 rickr304   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

rickr304

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:10 PM

Mini-review of The Count Lucanor - on sale for $4.50 from $15:

The visuals remind me of an NES-style Silent Hill or Evil Within.  Lots of grotesque imagery and gore.  The music is also very charming.  Watch the trailer for examples of the graphic style and music.  You should know if you're interested pretty instantly.  I knew I was.

TATS:

Spoiler

I just finished it last night, and enjoyed it.  But couple things that may be deal-breakers for some:

There is no combat at all.  You can only avoid or hide from enemies.

Your character moves maddeningly slow, and there is no run button.

Game took about 3 hours to beat, maybe.  I'll go back to mop up a few achievements, but outside of that, there is little (if any) replay value.

The game boasts five endings and "player choice matters," but I found that kinda misleading.  All five endings can be earned/worked out in the last 5 minutes of the game.  So you can just reload your last save and earn a different one each time.  All five endings were earned in less than 30 minutes.

Edit:  Wanna make special mention of the saving mechanic.  There is no auto-save.  Saving costs 1 coin, and you find coins throughout the game.  You also use the same coins to buy items from the merchant.  So if you're the type of person that saves every 5 minutes, you're going to have a problem.  Personally, I saved about 6 times, and bought all items from the merchant, and had like 8 coins left over.  So there is "plenty" of coins.  But I know this system can stress some players out.

For 15 dollars, I'd have been disappointed.  For $4.50, I'm happy.  It was an interesting little game that I am glad I got to experience.

#14017 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8961 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:27 PM

^^ Thanks for that review. Think I will pick it up.

#14018 braiiins  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

It's not on sale but has anyone played the DLC for super luckys tale and can say if it's worth it? I'm playing the base game on gamepass and I'm enjoying it even though it's a bit harder than I was expecting, doesn't help that I'm trying to rush through it.

I'm confused by the achievements, all of the "collect every clover in world x" achievements are regular but all the "defeat boss of world x" achievements are rare. As far as I can tell you have to beat the boss to get to the next world to collect the clovers that have a common achievement.

#14019 NoDAK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1081 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:05 PM

So I would have to use my $400 credit before they use up the $5 promotional credit?

Any store transactions should automatically prioritize whichever of your credit expires first. If that's your $400, then yeah 

#14020 bjf1377   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:07 PM

It kills me because bought Mortal Kombat X when it was on sale a while back. But I haven't gotten any of the DLC. Now I'm just tempted to buy XL for $10 because that's probably cheaper than all the DLC

#14021 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2114 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:08 PM

Any store transactions should automatically prioritize whichever of your credit expires first. If that's your $400, then yeah

Thank you.

#14022 Uhwhatusay  

Uhwhatusay

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:29 PM

Definitely getting Ori and the Blind Forest. Thinking about either Just Cause 3 XL or Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Digital Deluxe. Any other games I should maybe take a look at?

I got deus Ex and its good i like it , i need 1 more thing from this sale

Starwars bf 2 or the witcher 3 , im thinking of one of those or somthing 4k great story line ???????

#14023 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6537 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:04 PM

Just FYI I got 1000/1000 on Super Destronaut DX within 20 mins of getting it. Not a huge amount of replayability in my opinion.

That isn't what I'd call a good value proposition.  Thanks for the heads up.

#14024 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3993 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:04 PM

Thats how it used to be, I have a feeling its not the same anymore. I have one more experiment to make to confirm, I'll let you guys know when I buy Super Destronaut DX.

#14025 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2367 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:31 PM

Gamepass is amazing, especially because there have consistently been deals on it.  No, I haven't played any of the games for more than 10 minutes, but if I ever decide to, it will be amazing :)

Gonna download and play Abzu today.  Been wanting to try it out for a long time now

#14026 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3510 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:56 PM

#14027 sethrhf   The Watcher CAGiversary!   279 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:10 PM

I got deus Ex and its good i like it , i need 1 more thing from this sale

Starwars bf 2 or the witcher 3 , im thinking of one of those or somthing 4k great story line ???????

Witcher 3 is top 5 of this generation of games.

#14028 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5568 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:14 PM

Fuck yeah

Spoiler

#14029 Moo Moo Dairy   [Title Not Selected] Banned   2872 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Moo Moo Dairy

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:29 PM

Code up for grabs

Life is Strange: Complete Season 1 (Episodes 1-5)

Just stick to the usual I guess, like this post and a random winner will be picked later tonight or tomorrow

#14030 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:50 PM

Fuck yeah

No footage of the monsters actually fighting or interacting with each other, which is concerning.

#14031 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:55 PM

Fuck yeah

Spoiler

That and the "Glass" trailer so far have my mind blown

#14032 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:01 PM

No footage of the monsters actually fighting or interacting with each other, which is concerning.

I guess but I'm pretty down for seeing Mothra, Gamera, and Ghidora, there will be blood 

#14033 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:09 PM

I guess but I'm pretty down for seeing Mothra, Gamera, and Ghidora, there will be blood

Oh yeah, let me be clear this movie has my money no matter what lol, but please don’t be like the last Godzilla where a lot of the action was off screen. That was terrrrrible

#14034 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

Oh yeah, let me be clear this movie has my money no matter what lol, but please don’t be like the last Godzilla where a lot of the action was off screen. That was terrrrrible

I hear you but to quote Eric the Actor, RIP, to the producers and director "You know what to do.... You know what to do!!"

#14035 Uhwhatusay  

Uhwhatusay

Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:10 PM

Code up for grabs

Life is Strange: Complete Season 1 (Episodes 1-5)

Just stick to the usual I guess, like this post and a random winner will be picked later tonight or tomorrow

Wonder how it is , related to captain awesome

#14036 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4138 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:53 PM

Was considering buying the Wolfenstein 2/ Doom bundle so I got smart about it and started playing the first Wolfenstein, which I’ve had forever, to see if I thought it would be worth it.
Not my thing. Needlessly difficult and nothing to great about the storyline imo. Sure you can turn it on baby mode or whatever but it seems to take away from the experience to me. Think I’ll pass.

#14037 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8961 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:08 PM

Was considering buying the Wolfenstein 2/ Doom bundle so I got smart about it and started playing the first Wolfenstein, which I’ve had forever, to see if I thought it would be worth it.
Not my thing. Needlessly difficult and nothing to great about the storyline imo. Sure you can turn it on baby mode or whatever but it seems to take away from the experience to me. Think I’ll pass.

I have not finished the first Wolfenstein but what I have played of the second one seemed cooler IMO. Have you played the Wolf 2 demo?

I really need to finish the first game but have always been tempted to just dive into the second. Not due how much I would be missing story wise.

#14038 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   1172 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:11 PM

I'm getting old to the point of reversal....playing baby mode in most games is a given before gazing at my backlog and in a muted sigh whispering, "one day....one day"

#14039 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:17 PM

Not sure how far you are since you know the storyline already, but it's kind of chaotic and meandering in the prologue with the beach and robot dogs till you make the "choice". Seemed more streamlined after that and one of the better games of 2016 imho. 

#14040 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:28 PM

I have not finished the first Wolfenstein but what I have played of the second one seemed cooler IMO. Have you played the Wolf 2 demo?

I really need to finish the first game but have always been tempted to just dive into the second. Not due how much I would be missing story wise.

It actually has a continuing story so I wouldn't recommend it from that aspect