* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#14131 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:17 AM

the Apple TV 4K...Got mine from a DirecTV Now promos where you pay three or four months of service for $35 a month and get the ATV 4K free. There’s a lot of cash back offers available for that deal too.

heh that's how i got mine, too :D

#14132 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8967 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:30 AM

heh that's how i got mine, too :D

I got lucky because my BoA card gave me $75 cash back instead of the $35 they were supposed to give me so I got my ATV for $30!

#14133 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8967 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:33 AM

Hey, just throwing this out there, but maybe keep this thread about Xbox gaming and positivity?

I’m playing my Xbox One X on my TCL which has some of the lowest latency for gaming. Just sayin’.

#14134 braiiins  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:47 AM

Love my TCL TV beware of one issue when you play a HDR game you have to go back to the Roku menu or turn TV on/off quickly otherwise your dashboard is all washed out from HDR. Known bug my friend with the newer TCL has the same issue.

Weird. My problem is the TV registers HDR on Netflix and gets washed out. It only happened a couple of times and just reopening Netflix fixed it.

#14135 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:50 AM

I got the 55 tcl 6 series paired with my Xbox one x and it’s wonderful. Again apparently there some issues with vertical banding but I notice nothing on my screen, I haven’t had any issues with it. And all the Xbox one x settings click off on the tv so your good to go, hdr looks great. However now that some time has passed I realize the speakers are low quality and not that good. Turning it up I get a lot of sound vibration. Red dead redemption on the x and the tv look amazing btw looks like a recent gen game. Can’t wait for part 2 to look the best on the x

#14136 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:14 AM

It isn't much, but I won't end up using this, so here it is up for grabs. This code is good for 25% off a rental on Vudu. Hopefully someone can use it.

VRVTR?LMYFCURGP?

? = A number considered lucky by most people

Must redeem by 7/25/2018 by 11:59pm PDT.
Credits must be used within 7 days from redemption.

#14137 luisrobles  

luisrobles

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:08 AM

Can I buy 4 times the game pass 9.99 promo??

Enviado desde mi Moto E (4) Plus mediante Tapatalk

#14138 BellardB   Get your head in the game! CAGiversary!   560 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:15 AM

Can I buy 4 times the game pass 9.99 promo??

Just once unfortunately.  As soon as you purchase the first one for $9.99, you have an active subscription and excludes you from the "for new customers only" promo. 

#14139 luisrobles  

luisrobles

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:16 AM

Just once unfortunately. As soon as you purchase the first one for $9.99, you have an active subscription and excludes you from the "for new customers only" promo.

Thanks!!

#14140 Trakan  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:20 AM

Please keep discussion on topic.  Report any problematic posts.

Thanks.

#14141 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:18 PM

Apparently discussing a video game is off topic.

#14142 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2114 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:20 PM

Yeah what the hell was that about? Mods never around and he comes to type that. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#14143 Moo Moo Dairy   [Title Not Selected] Banned   2872 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Moo Moo Dairy

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:23 PM

Please keep discussion on topic.  Report any problematic posts.

Thanks.

This is the only off topic post I've seen in the past few days....

#14144 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7841 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:46 PM

Thanks for the input so far!

I have a 3rd gen AppleTV so it isn't 4K, but I've considered getting a current gen unit because I have more 4K content there than I do on Vudu/others.  Some food for thought.

I heard about that, but I wonder why the consoles will support both technologies.  Are there that many displays that have one tech or the other and not both, or is it about the source media and not the display?  Or is it both? :-P

I think it has more to do with the various source material and what they offer.  FWIW I believe the 6 series Vudu app supports DV and HDR10.  So whatever movies you might already have in Vudu that support DV should display in DV.

I picked up last years P605 at Best Buy a month or so ago.  Just picked up my first 4k BluRay yesterday.  It supports both HDR10 and DV.  It also came with a vudu code which I redeemed and also is listed as UHD.  From what I read it should allow me to stream from Vudu and provide Dolby Vision but I haven't tried it yet.

I can't see my buying a lot of movies physical or digital but a few.  Wanted to see what all the hype is about and have a disc or two to show it off.  I wanted the Star Wars movie anyway and figured why not get it in 4K.  Plus my wife "made" me go to Walmart yesterday.  Figured I might as well get myself something while we were there.

https://www.polygon....re-only-version

#14145 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   681 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:48 PM

Guess that was me that got moderated. Apologies, didn’t mean to offend. Xbox has lots of fun games to play!

#14146 snipermike   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   207 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

snipermike

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:13 PM

Guess that was me that got moderated. Apologies, didn’t mean to offend. Xbox has lots of fun games to play!

You’re right Echo!! And with the help of G-fuel you can play all those great Xbox games without sleep getting in the way !! G-fuellllll !! Hit the G spot !!!!

#14147 geekygreulich  

geekygreulich

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:36 PM

Looking for some help on spending the rest of my MS credit (approx. $48).  I've narrowed it down to a few options:

A) Doom/Wolf 2 Bundle + 3 months Game Pass

B) Extend Gold for another year (currently expires 4/19) + Titanfall 2 or DE:HR

C) Save credit and hope that Nier: Automata goes on sale somewhat soon

D) Save credit for BF/Winter sale

So far, I've picked up Lego Star Wars: TFA (my 5yr old is obsessed with Lego Star Wars games), a re-buy of Pillars of Eternity and a pre-order of No Man's Sky.

Thanks!

#14148 ARsignal11   Pirate King CAGiversary!   636 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

ARsignal11

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:56 PM

Looking for some help on spending the rest of my MS credit (approx. $48).  I've narrowed it down to a few options:

So far, I've picked up Lego Star Wars: TFA (my 5yr old is obsessed with Lego Star Wars games), a re-buy of Pillars of Eternity and a pre-order of No Man's Sky.

Thanks!

I'd go with option B if you don't use Microsoft Rewards points on Xbox Live subs. 12 month Xbox Live subs don't drop sub $40 anymore.

Otherwise, stick with option D until option C becomes a reality. :)

#14149 M-10  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:22 PM

Thanks!

I would go with D, which I imagine will be the same as C.

#14150 ecwho1313   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

ecwho1313

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:23 PM

Thanks!

I don't think you'd regret Doom/Wolfenstein. Great games. It's tempting for me despite owning both physical copies (their reverse artwork is awesome). You should really Bing though, take care of that Gold membership with daily web browsing.

#14151 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16275 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:27 PM

Did amazon change the rules of their promotional credit? Just tried to buy a $25 Xbox card and only $8 of my 27 balance will apply.

#14152 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3510 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:33 PM

I kept almost buying Wolfenstein II and Doom pack but I decided to wait til I beat the first one. That pack might be cheaper at the Christmas sale anyways.

#14153 ecwho1313   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

ecwho1313

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:35 PM

Did amazon change the rules of their promotional credit? Just tried to buy a $25 Xbox card and only $8 of my 27 balance will apply.

Yeah. No more use on video games for the No-rush credits. I thought maybe they wouldn't include the money cards being excluded alongside the game codes, but I now see that won't be the case. Ugh. Guess I'll have to pick a book or movie with my credits now.

#14154 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:39 PM

If I had to quess someone complained? But yeah weird

I meant to write that I would be giving away Hellblade today before date night stuff drops, so if you know anyone that wants to enter let them know quick will be getting it out before I leave the shop today :)

#14155 braiiins  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:47 PM

I'm getting a little nervous and hoping someone else has seen this happen and has an idea what could cause it. Twice now my TV has displayed a nearly solid green screen. Saturday the store was getting wonky and freezing when looking at the ultimate sale page and it just randomly turned green with white outlines of text and boxes. This morning my xbox hadn't turned off on it's own like it should and when I turned it off the screen turned green.

#14156 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:48 PM

If I had to quess someone complained? But yeah weird

I meant to write that I would be giving away Hellblade today before date night stuff drops, so if you know anyone that wants to enter let them know quick will be getting it out before I leave the shop today :)

The less people that know the better....for me lol.

#14157 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:58 PM

Bought a game at FP last night for the kid, I feel awful  :cry:

#14158 jonathansmith369   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

jonathansmith369

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:07 PM

Bought a game at FP last night for the kid, I feel awful :cry:

For your penance you need to buy 3 heavily discounted games and never play them.

#14159 NoDAK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1081 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:27 PM

CAG account should be revoked and banned for you people buying the same game multiple times.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Way too often I find myself rebuying gaming content to play on my newer, preferred platforms.  The very same content that has been sitting untouched in the backlogs for my older, less used platforms.  I may need an intervention.  

#14160 genesis49  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

Really struggling witj whether i should buy battlefront ii or not. I generally enjoyed the first one, and consider myself a pretty big fan of star wars
For $15 it seems like a pretty good deal
Dlc is all free now right? Just cosmetics to buy with mtx?