* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#14161 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & CAG CAGiversary!   281 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:47 PM

Yup. $15 is a solid price and I had a ton of fun playing the campaign.

#14162 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2109 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:58 PM

For your penance you need to buy 3 heavily discounted games and never play them.

Open Steam , buy some games and close steam. Boom....problem solved! :D

#14163 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:32 PM

Does anyone have any thoughts on Castlevania Harmony of Despair and its DLC add-ons,, Crystal Defenders, Contra, Super Contra and/or the Silent Hill HD Collection? Thanks advance for any advice.

#14164 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2242 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:43 PM

Does anyone have any thoughts on Castlevania Harmony of Despair and its DLC add-ons,, Crystal Defenders, Contra, Super Contra and/or the Silent Hill HD Collection? Thanks advance for any advice.

I remember that Castlevania game caused a lot of disappointment. People expected a traditional game, but it's more of an arcade style experience with an emphasis on multiplayer and time attacks. A friend of mine loved it, just don't go in expecting Symphony of the Night or anything like it.

Crystal Defenders reviewed pretty well IIRC, and if you like Final Fantasy, it's skinned w/ FF enemies/themes/etc.

The Contra games are the arcade ports, which are a lot harder than the NES games. If you know that going in, $2.50 is not bad.

Silent Hill HD was kinda broken, and only the PS3 port got patched. They even offered free games to players who bought it, because it was broken. They lost the source cod to the original, final builds of SH2-3, and used pre-finished code to create the HD games. So they aren't ports of the final PS2 versions, SH2 was more of a beta.

Some discussion on it:

https://www.reddit.c...on_playable_at/

Some report it plays fine. Others, not.

#14165 ChrisD0811   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:51 PM

15% off sitewide at Rakuten. Get your XBL Credit there, and effectively take another 15% off the sale prices here!

#14166 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

I can only speak on Castlevania and Crystal defenders

I loved castlevania a lot ,because like GGP said, its faster paced and a lot of fighting. I liked it because it felt different

On the other hand I hated crystal defenders. It's a pretty straight forward turret defense game. The set ups you need to get perfect rankings are insanely hard and you can ruin the whole run by placing a turret like 1/10 of an inch out of place

#14167 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2574 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

Really struggling witj whether i should buy battlefront ii or not. I generally enjoyed the first one, and consider myself a pretty big fan of star wars
For $15 it seems like a pretty good deal
Dlc is all free now right? Just cosmetics to buy with mtx?

If you enjoyed the first it is with getting. Campaign wasn't bad, all dlc is free except the cosmetics, and I believe one of the upcoming patches is supposed to go back to a squad system similar to the first.

Starfighter mode is a hell of a lot of fun too.

#14168 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:07 PM

As someone who doesn't care for Fortnite BR, I've been havin a blast with Save the World. If you have a kid who you buy V-Bucks for...I gained like 2100 in just 3 days of playing.

#14169 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:28 PM

Can you change your group? CAGiversary is kinda lame :/

#14170 waltercartman   Don't Be A Dingus CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

waltercartman

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:33 PM

Really struggling witj whether i should buy battlefront ii or not. I generally enjoyed the first one, and consider myself a pretty big fan of star wars
For $15 it seems like a pretty good deal
Dlc is all free now right? Just cosmetics to buy with mtx?

Have not tried the campaign so no idea about it but the mp is a mess. I get thrown in with guys with all maxed out cards that I can’t kill lol. The matchmaking just seems off but that could just be the low player count. All that is left is the hardcore and new people. Then the new people leave because it does not look like I can ever reach where these other player are. I might just be bitching because I suck lol.

The game is pretty and does play better then the first.

#14171 PsiScream   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:37 PM

Fortnite F2P must be starting soon?  I think they said 2018, and we have 5 months left.  I'd like to try the main game but will wait patiently like a cheapass.

#14172 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1130 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:48 PM

15% off sitewide at Rakuten. Get your XBL Credit there, and effectively take another 15% off the sale prices here!

Nice, just snagged a $50 card at 15% off.

#14173 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3510 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:09 PM

Can you change your group? CAGiversary is kinda lame :/

Edit: I misread this, what groups are you referring to?

#14174 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8964 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:16 PM

Fortnite F2P must be starting soon? I think they said 2018, and we have 5 months left. I'd like to try the main game but will wait patiently like a cheapass.

Keep wondering myself. Heard something about August but who knows. Always tempted by the Standard Pack when it’s on sale but know it would probably be stupid. Not even sure I’ll like the main mode.

#14175 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:21 PM

Keep wondering myself. Heard something about August but who knows. Always tempted by the Standard Pack when it’s on sale but know it would probably be stupid. Not even sure I’ll like the main mode.

idk. You don't even have to build alot if you matchmake (on by default.) I'm still in the 1st world and just been having fun harvesting and shooting husks. If any of you have kids that are skinaholics, the update tomorrow gives founder skins for BR.

#14176 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:24 PM

this guy gets it. however, now that kroger/fred meyer are doing discounted gift cards again, it's best to wait for that if they're in your market. they frequently do 20% off.

https://www.cheapass...laystation-gcs/

#14177 Burning Karma   Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah CAGiversary!   885 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Burning Karma

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:24 PM

Considering:

Conan Exiles
Killer Instinct DE
Inside
Rise of the Tomb Raider 20th
LEGO Avengers Deluxe
Tacoma
Life is Strange Before the Storm

I'm surprised there's so many games I am interested and don't have. Any recommendations either way for any of those games?

Dunno if you're still considering any of these, but I'd recommend LIS: BTS if you liked the first. I played through it over the weekend. While not as good as the first one (how could it be), it's definitely worth playing. Lots o' feels.

It isn't much, but I won't end up using this, so here it is up for grabs. This code is good for 25% off a rental on Vudu. Hopefully someone can use it.

VRVTR?LMYFCURGP?

? = A number considered lucky by most people

Must redeem by 7/25/2018 by 11:59pm PDT.
Credits must be used within 7 days from redemption.

Hey thanks! This worked for me as well. I guess I'll finally rent Ant-Man and complete my MCU watching catalog (for now).

#14178 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:26 PM

Somehow or another I got access to the Fortnite Save the World campaign. I launched the game to play the BR mode and saw the prompt for the single player. It started me up and I played for an hour or so. Popped 5 achievements. I'm not sure what I did differently but I definitely got to play some of the single player mode without purchasing anything.

#14179 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6213 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:32 PM

Lul at game discussion being off topic.

#halo

#14180 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:35 PM

Hey now random number is #36

Sooo lemme go in and look......

psiscream, you are the winner!

Thanks again echotech83 for the amazing give away!

And I'll see you guys later for some dare night goodness!

#14181 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1203 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:54 PM

How do the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games hold up today? I remember renting the first one at *cough* Blockbuster Video when it came out. It was pretty awesome if I recall. Is the pair worth playing at $15?

#14182 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1077 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:56 PM

Congrats PsiScream, enjoy your new game!!! Thanks again echotech83 for the generous giveaway donation and Pat for doing the giveways!!!

#14183 PsiScream   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:58 PM

Wow, that's awesome thanks so much!  I have such a poor batting average when it comes to contests; makes me think I should buy a lottery ticket this week. 

Thanks for the terrific giveaway echotech83, and for hosting the draw PatFortenbaugh.  Promise I'll prioritize this game and not let it get lost in the crazy backlog!

#14184 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8964 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:05 PM

Congrats PsiScream (you bastard 😂)! Thanks to echotech83 and PatFortenbaugh for the giveaway!

Guess I know what I’ll be buying tonight.

#14185 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:20 PM

Wow, that's awesome thanks so much!  I have such a poor batting average when it comes to contests; makes me think I should buy a lottery ticket this week. 

Thanks for the terrific giveaway echotech83, and for hosting the draw PatFortenbaugh.  Promise I'll prioritize this game and not let it get lost in the crazy backlog!

congrats on winning such a sweet prize

#14186 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:32 PM

Congrats PsiScream! I think Hellblade has been one of the most bought games of the sale. That was a heck of a giveaway by Echotech83 and handled by PatFortenbaugh.

#14187 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1638 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:35 PM

Just cause it's easier to link to this Gamestop article than to actually do individual things on NewEgg, some decent 50% off stuff for the Xbox and better than Ultimate & Anime sales on  Okami, Resident Evil 7, Dishonored Death of the Outsider and PUBG.

https://www.gamespot...i/1100-6460655/

I'm truly debating on diving in on No Man's Sky tonight and not buying anything else, I know that's not the CAG way 

edit: can't play till 9:00am tomorrow so I can sleep on it

#14188 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3510 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:45 PM

Just cause it's easier to link to this Gamestop article than to actually do individual things on NewEgg, some decent 50% off stuff for the Xbox and better than Ultimate & Anime sales on Okami, Resident Evil 7, Dishonored Death of the Outsider and PUBG.

https://www.gamespot...i/1100-6460655/

I'm truly debating on diving in on No Man's Sky tonight and not buying anything else, I know that's not the CAG way

Discs? I saw Far Cry 5 $30 but could only find the disc version.

#14189 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:57 PM

All this talk about BFII for $15. I'm tempted, but I've hardly touched the first game. I feel like by the time I've got my fill of I, II will be even cheaper.

#14190 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1638 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:02 PM

Discs? I saw Far Cry 5 $30 but could only find the disc version.

Yeah just physical discs I think, and it's pretty random what's in stock for what platform, I guess for PUBG you would get that cardboard case with the code in the box