I have to watch the videos but they changed a lot of things with the HD collection
- Roads are more "clean". Looking at digital foundry and other videos the roads lack the grit that was in the original version.
- Water looks pretty bad when you run into it lol.
- They changed the mile markers on road signs for whatever reason
- Cosmic Sans font lol
- Toned down Fog. Way toned down. This effects visibility as you can see things better vs the old game. Which to a lot of people is bad.
- Lots of "minor" issues in SH2 with graphics and such but they add up. Green tint in some areas, worst lack of detail etc.
- Very, very dark compared to the original in indoor areas. Some might see this as a plus though.
Unless your a die hard SH2 fan or previously beat them you probably wouldn't notice a ton of stuff. Still it has a lot of issues that just add up. However if they make the original SH2 from OG XBox go BC... that's the way to go.
- Some minor texture issues
- I saw a scene where foot steps sounded awful in one room.
- New voice acting they changed one of the lines of story lol.
- Firing the uzi has horrible sound effects.
SH3 seems to be the lesser of two evils but I am not sure if that's because people are less critical of it or because everyone goes straight to SH2 over SH3.
Since the 360 version was never patched I don't know about the frame rate issues and such. On the PS3 SH2 was unlocked pre-patch so it was all over the place. I'd imagine the X would brute force a lot of things but I have no idea.
I think for $7.50 I am going to at least use my credit once I can get my 360 to boot up (updates aren't working atm, can't update the 360) and run through Silent Hill 3 one day. SH2 I'll hop they make the OG XBox version BC still I still own the disc.
At the very least throwing my money at Konami will hopefully get use those Metal Gear games to go BC and the Castlevania ones as well.