* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#15511 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3288 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:32 AM

I've finally crunched some numbers. If I can manage to get close to $150 out of a Colecovision, (boxed) Atari 7800, and (boxed) Odyssey 2 I think I'll be able to upgrade to a One X. I'm scrounging around my collection and hoping to find a bit more old stuff that I either have extras of or no attachment to. I think I have an extra N64 too. 

Probably will try to list some stuff locally for a day or two but otherwise take to my store. I just don't want the GS prices of stuff to drop, and I don't really want to trade in some of this stuff unless I know I'm getting the X.

If I didn't have so many PS4 games backlogged I'd trade that to make it easy, but I'd feel bad with like 15 discs unplayed.

#15512 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11523 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:04 AM

Was there any doubt?

*Racing game of the generation is coming soon folks.

*Unless Forza Horizon 5 is out before this gen ends lol

#15513 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:57 AM

yay racing.

#15514 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2326 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:07 AM

Less arcadey/unrealy like the new games and More grounded and strategy like the older games. I was really impressed, also no 1 hit melee

I guess I should say a return to form for the COD I love.

Seems like you could slow your gameplay down to almost a MW2 where you could hold a certain area for the entire match.

That sounds great!

#15515 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

I'll be on tonight to play some more blops, if anyone wants to form a team lemme know! I'll be on prolly around 9 or 10 EST until fairly late (gotta have that anniversary dinner first). HIT ME UP.

#15516 funkmonker  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:59 PM

Does anyone have a code for the black ops beta?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#15517 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:09 PM

I've finally crunched some numbers. If I can manage to get close to $150 out of a Colecovision, (boxed) Atari 7800, and (boxed) Odyssey 2 I think I'll be able to upgrade to a One X. I'm scrounging around my collection and hoping to find a bit more old stuff that I either have extras of or no attachment to. I think I have an extra N64 too. 
Probably will try to list some stuff locally for a day or two but otherwise take to my store. I just don't want the GS prices of stuff to drop, and I don't really want to trade in some of this stuff unless I know I'm getting the X.

If I didn't have so many PS4 games backlogged I'd trade that to make it easy, but I'd feel bad with like 15 discs unplayed.

That is a pretty awesome collection of classic consoles to part with. Are you sure its worth upgrading to the X when the next generation is only 2 years away? Thats been the thing holding me back, spedning 500 plus tax just to have the system be obsolete so quickly.

#15518 Luriden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1323 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:34 PM

I pre-ordered BLOPS4 yesterday digitally and still haven't received my beta code. How do they usually send them? Through e-mail or an Xbox Live message?

I'm still kind of on-the-fence about keeping my pre-order, I was hoping the beta would help me decide. And hopefully they don't block the ability to cancel my pre-order once I get the beta code and redeem it.

#15519 kcobra22  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:40 PM

I pre-ordered BLOPS4 yesterday digitally and still haven't received my beta code. How do they usually send them? Through e-mail or an Xbox Live message?

I'm still kind of on-the-fence about keeping my pre-order, I was hoping the beta would help me decide. And hopefully they don't block the ability to cancel my pre-order once I get the beta code and redeem it.

I think if you preorder digitally you don't need a code, just search the store for the beta and you can download it.

#15520 Luriden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1323 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:54 PM

I think if you preorder digitally you don't need a code, just search the store for the beta and you can download it.

Ah! You're right, downloading now. Thanks!

#15521 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:43 PM

Gonna take the plunge and upgrade to an Xbox One X thru that Gamestop promo. Trading in the vcr X1 for $200 and my PS4 that I haven't touched since last summer for $250. Also have a few duplicate games I can trade to bring the total to less than $50, even with tax included.

Hyped for tomorrow to come. Gonna wipe both systems tonight before I trade em in. Hoping to upgrade to a 4k/hdr tv this fall season to complete the set up.

Edit: Just realized starting today, the promo includes any new $60 game. Hmmmm, what to pick? Leaning towards Vampyr since I'd like to own it physical.

#15522 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   783 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:55 PM

Gonna take the plunge and upgrade to an Xbox One X thru that Gamestop promo. Trading in the vcr X1 for $200 and my PS4 that I haven't touched since last summer for $250. Also have a few duplicate games I can trade to bring the total to less than $50, even with tax included.

Hyped for tomorrow to come. Gonna wipe both systems tonight before I trade em in. Hoping to upgrade to a 4k/hdr tv this fall season to complete the set up.

Edit: Just realized starting today, the promo includes any new $60 game. Hmmmm, what to pick? Leaning towards Vampyr since I'd like to own it physical.

Or find the game with highest Gamestop value and trade it back in for cash, if you're in a state that does the cash same as credit promo right now.

#15523 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:17 PM

Or find the game with highest Gamestop value and trade it back in for cash, if you're in a state that does the cash same as credit promo right now.

Excellent line of thinking. Unfortunately, I'm in California and most stores near me don't offer this option. Guess I could flip it on Craiglist or something like that, but I loved Life is Strange and I've been itching to play Vampyr. I'm a cheapo though, so its kept me from buying it since the game released

#15524 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   783 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:59 PM

I'll be on tonight to play some more blops, if anyone wants to form a team lemme know! I'll be on prolly around 9 or 10 EST until fairly late (gotta have that anniversary dinner first). HIT ME UP.

Just played some of the open beta on PC, and yep, I am officially unable to play FPS on PC anymore. Just can't do it, lol. And the beta doesn't support gamepads, so I'm SOL. Uninstalled.

#15525 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7778 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:21 PM

I ended up back near the mall. Went to GS with my receipt. Woman didn't know about the free physical game. Her co-worker did though and handed her a slip of paper with the promo. Guess it has Madden 19 on it. She gave me that instead of asking. I was going to pick that anyway. Hopefully a decent trade promo for that soon.

#15526 Jess Stryker   Mama Said To Knock You Out CAGiversary!   4421 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Jess Stryker

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:39 PM

Just a heads up as I didn't realize this myself until the other week when I traded in one of my consoles. GameStop claims they'll wipe the console themselves and if you wipe it ahead of time, it supposedly takes an hour plus to get it back in a state where they can test it. So if you do wipe it, go through the process of booting it back up first, but set up a fake email when it asks for an account.

#15527 underhanded505  

underhanded505

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:52 PM

48 hour Xbox live code

QW7QB ?YXVQ F8C7J 7TG8H 29GCT
MD9CM ?72VR 6G4DC 8VGT9 JCMMD

? - 25th letter in the alphabet

#15528 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:30 PM

My sweet new controller came with a sweet 14 day gold code and a sweet 14 day game pass code. If anyone would like one speak now or forever hold your  Fuck .

#15529 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   881 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:11 PM

Thanks to the person who posted the 8TB deal from Ebay.I checked my 5TB drive and had 2GB free on it. Now get to xfer all that data over.

#15530 onimushadavis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

onimushadavis

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:02 PM

Kind of surprised by the lack of opinions on We Happy Few. Was somewhat interested in it, but the reviews have been all over the place.

#15531 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:48 PM

Thanks to the person who posted the 8TB deal from Ebay.I checked my 5TB drive and had 2GB free on it. Now get to xfer all that data over.

I just transferred from a 3 to 6. It was very easy to transfer, just hook both up to the Xbone.

#15532 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:06 AM

Kind of surprised by the lack of opinions on We Happy Few. Was somewhat interested in it, but the reviews have been all over the place.

I redboxed this(free rentals thru the 13th), do I'll give it a whirl tonight when I get home from San Dimas

#15533 Doctor Zod   Phantom Zone permanent resident CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Doctor Zod

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:07 AM

Downloaded, played, got a few achievements and uninstalled OnRush in less than an hour.

It is a fun game but something didn't click. Can't put finger on it. Literally spent more time downloading it than playing it.

At the end, this was my reaction to it:

Maybe later down the road, once it goes free in a year or so as it has "GWG" written all over it.

#15534 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3222 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:21 AM

Any regulars want a COD beta key? First one whose name I recognize that tells me their favorite album of all time gets it.

Edit: Gone

#15535 TheOldGuy  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:25 AM

Same. I get the general impression from the reviews I've read it's interesting, but not worth buying right now.

#15536 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1842 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:38 AM

Any regulars want a COD beta key? First one whose name I recognize that tells me their favorite album of all time gets it.

deftones - around the fur

#15537 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3222 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:40 AM

deftones - around the fur

PM sent!

#15538 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:42 AM

Just a heads up as I didn't realize this myself until the other week when I traded in one of my consoles. GameStop claims they'll wipe the console themselves and if you wipe it ahead of time, it supposedly takes an hour plus to get it back in a state where they can test it. So if you do wipe it, go through the process of booting it back up first, but set up a fake email when it asks for an account.

Thanks for looking out. This'll save me a ton of time!!

#15539 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1343 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:30 AM

Downloaded, played, got a few achievements and uninstalled OnRush in less than an hour.

It is a fun game but something didn't click. Can't put finger on it. Literally spent more time downloading it than playing it.

At the end, this was my reaction to it:

Maybe later down the road, once it goes free in a year or so as it has "GWG" written all over it.

Yeah it seems really repetitive to me and just not all that fun after awhile. The actual game mechanics seem really boring, ha I know people on True Achievements are just rubber banding the RT button on their controller to grind the achievements and it's really not taking any longer than I was playing legit. It had no chance as a $60 title maybe a $29 game and even that seems really high.

#15540 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3288 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:56 AM

That is a pretty awesome collection of classic consoles to part with. Are you sure its worth upgrading to the X when the next generation is only 2 years away? Thats been the thing holding me back, spedning 500 plus tax just to have the system be obsolete so quickly.

It's worth it to me personally. I spend a lot of time gaming and probably 80% or more of that is on Xbox. I'm by far the most invested in the Xbox ecosystem between the domination they had last generation and the pro-consumer practices of now, like BC, among a bunch of other reasons. I pretty much only play multiplatform games on Xbox unless I get something for dirt cheap elsewhere, or want it on the go for Switch. Finally, I generally wait at least a year to upgrade to the next generation of consoles, so I think I'll be fine there. If all these studio acquisitions pay off and MS can actually give me a reason to want to upgrade sooner then it's win/win I guess.

As far as the retro stuff, the majority of stuff I'm going to trade/sell is ancient stuff I have little to no affection for personally. The consoles pre-NES are just not that interesting to me, and have been sitting in a closet for like 10 years. Any Nintendo related stuff I'm taking in tomorrow (N64 and Ocarina so far) is stuff that I have multiple of so won't actually be without. Finally I'm getting rid of most of my Genesis and possibly Game Gear stuff. With Genesis I have access to everything I care about on modern systems, and Game Gear is beyond cumbersome in the modern age. As I've gotten older I've gotten less attached to the hundreds of cartridges that rarely get touched in my house, so I've slowly been pairing back to just my most fond games for the two main consoles from my childhood, SNES and N64, along with other Nintendo stuff mostly. As far as building up a new collection, I've actually switched to more recent consoles in the past year. I've gained more interest in PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, and Wii. I think I've just played enough of the older stuff to the point that I'm fine with emulating it if I really get the itch.

Lastly, the heavy blow is softened a bit by the bonus $60 game and PUBG code I can gift or sell.