* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#15931 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4356 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:13 PM

4k tv and one X secured. hectic day but it feels good

went to update gears 4 so I could see the power of the X and its 60 damn GBs, see yall tomorrow lol

#15932 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   788 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:43 AM

I keep wanting to pick up Dead Cells, but the cag in my just feels like it’s wrong to pay a higher price for something that was recently cheaper.

4k tv and one X secured. hectic day but it feels good

Congrats! You’ll love it!!

#15933 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:18 AM

Any chance the Complete Add-ons collection for Forza Motorsport 6 goes on sale again before everything is delisted? I just picked up a used copy at GS. The code for 10th anniversary Car Pack hadn't been redeemed, so I lucked out there.

#15934 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11254 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:19 AM

With the best buy deal right now of the 4k tcl and one S for 500, tempted to do it then use the GameStop promo for the X. Feel like there won't be a better deal

If I were in the market for a TV of that size, I would jump on that deal in an instant...

#15935 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6317 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:11 AM

The new look of the marketplace pages this past week also came with a change to the HTML.  Good news - looks like just about every page I check has JSON at the bottom that is easier to parse.  Maybe better news - looks like a bunch of stuff is slated for date night.  I hope I'm reading it correctly.  Don't know if I'll have everything set for tomorrow night, however.  Monday's are usually my hell days at work.  Came very close to registering with the Creator's Program to see if that has better ways of accessing XBL

Spoiler

Any chance the Complete Add-ons collection for Forza Motorsport 6 goes on sale again before everything is delisted? I just picked up a used copy at GS. The code for 10th anniversary Car Pack hadn't been redeemed, so I lucked out there.

FM6 won't go until next year, it will probably be on sale a couple more times (holidays, pre-delisting).  Will probably also go GwG before it is delisted, like FH1, FM5 and FH2.

#15936 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4417 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:19 AM

The new look of the marketplace pages this past week also came with a change to the HTML. Good news - looks like just about every page I check has JSON at the bottom that is easier to parse. Maybe better news - looks like a bunch of stuff is slated for date night. I hope I'm reading it correctly. Don't know if I'll have everything set for tomorrow night, however. Monday's are usually my hell days at work. Came very close to registering with the Creator's Program to see if that has better ways of accessing XBL

Spoiler

FM6 won't go until next year, it will probably be on sale a couple more times (holidays, pre-delisting). Will probably also go GwG before it is delisted, like FH1, FM5 and FH2.

Would love it if Nier has a decent Sale tomo.

#15937 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:41 AM

The new look of the marketplace pages this past week also came with a change to the HTML.  Good news - looks like just about every page I check has JSON at the bottom that is easier to parse.  Maybe better news - looks like a bunch of stuff is slated for date night.  I hope I'm reading it correctly.  Don't know if I'll have everything set for tomorrow night, however.  Monday's are usually my hell days at work.  Came very close to registering with the Creator's Program to see if that has better ways of accessing XBL

Spoiler

FM6 won't go until next year, it will probably be on sale a couple more times (holidays, pre-delisting).  Will probably also go GwG before it is delisted, like FH1, FM5 and FH2.

Thanks for the info, I couldn't remember when FM6 and the DLC would be delisted. It's too bad I didn't pay more attention before FH1 and FM5 were delisted, would have liked to have all of the DLC for those as well.

#15938 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4391 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:56 AM

When is the free game from Mixer called Outer Wilds going to be released for Xbox One?

#15939 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1831 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:33 AM

You already know these games are going to be for sale? I guess whatever they're doing with the web site now really is an improvement.

I wanted to grab a couple of the better Neo-Geo games this week, but alas, it's just not in the budget. Oh well, at least Garou and Samurai Shodown II are backward compatible... I already have those, and they're better than most of what was offered.

#15940 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1405 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:52 AM

Finally bought Garou... now I need to get rid of my Dreamcast version.

#15941 Moo Moo Dairy   [Title Not Selected] Banned   2872 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Moo Moo Dairy

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:03 PM

NieR:Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition

Now we're talking

Half price or better *fingers crossed*

#15942 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8232 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:53 PM

It plays a lot better. The frame rate still drops here and there but it is actually playable on the X.

I picked it up over the weekend and put in a couple hours this morning.  Had one crash and was like here we go.  Seems MUCH better then it was on PS4 around release and maybe shortly after.  Load times aren't too bad and so far the lag isn't really too bad.  Sad it requires a XBox One X to play decently.  It isn't a very good looking game IMO.  But lots of fun.  

Hopefully as I get into larger bases and stuff it will stay playable.

#15943 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3195 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:05 PM

I keep wanting to pick up Dead Cells, but the cag in my just feels like it’s wrong to pay a higher price for something that was recently cheaper.

Congrats! You’ll love it!!

Dead Cells is excellent, though, you'll get your money's worth as long as you enjoy a challenge. 

#15944 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:14 PM

Dead Cells is excellent, though, you'll get your money's worth as long as you enjoy a challenge.

Enjoy a challenge like dark souls? Or enjoy a challenge like bayonets?

Or if others have other ways to describe “challenge / hard like” that would be cool.

Challenging like portal - I like that kind

#15945 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4413 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:18 PM

When is the free game from Mixer called Outer Wilds going to be released for Xbox One?

I looked during E3 and couldn't find a date or even a window. This was a "crowdsourced" game on Fig, with an initial release estimate for Q2 2016(!). Personally I still think Fig in general is shady, and the fact that this barely cleared it's goal rings a huge warning bell for me, along with pretty much the entirety of this campaign. Surely, they must have run out of money a while ago and the Mixpot deal was to get a cash infusion. There were no consoles versions even planned as they only had one stretch goal, and they announced the Xbox version during E3 while not mentioning the Mixpot directly to their backers. The team has no real credits other than the studio being owned by a TV star. The campaign had less than a thousand backers and all of their updates have about 4 or less comments, with ZERO on the Xbox announcement.

The most useful info I see to get a clue about release date is in the most recent update from 3 days ago. They're asking backers to turn in their reward surveys that were due at the end of May

#15946 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3607 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:22 PM

Dead Cells is hands down, so far my game of the year. I love it so much that I bought a physical copy to play on the switch in handle held mode. Everything about the game is great, the combat, the counter system, the equipment, the way your charter moves around he environment and the feeling of accomplishment. Yes there is a challenge to it but you are working towards finding new gear every run that will help you the next time you play. I'm addicted to the game and can't wait to play some more. I finally got to the last boss yesterday on the Switch just because I had some great legendary gear drops during my play through. He wiped the floor with me but it still felt great. I've only gotten to the castle on Xbox One and I have so much more gear on this version. I just got the Switch version on Friday and only played it a few hours compared to about 20 hours on Xbox One. It is such a well made game.

#15947 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:27 PM

Or if others have other ways to describe “challenge / hard like” that would be cool.

It certainly has some inspiration from Dark Souls, if the name didn't give that away, but I don't think it really has much in common. The controls are very responsive and you really feel like a badass ninja jumping and rolling all over the place, but the randomized gear, and lack of a stamina gauge or body recovery keep it from being a 2d Soulslike imo. It's just a rogue-lite metroid game with dodging.

I'm having a blast with it though, I just unlocked the last blueprint using the Hunter's Grenade (formerly Pokebomb). Now they just need to fix it so the daily runs total up, and I can get those last two. Then I need to get to 3 boss cells to unlock the path to get all the Moonflower keys for the final blueprint. :D

#15948 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3195 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:28 PM

it definitely takes some inspiration from Dark Souls, and is definitely a roguelike. For me, the balance is in the risk/reward, where you keep finding new stuff and slowly making progress towards unlocking new weapons and increasing the odds of having better gear, along with slowly getting permanent upgrades. The game can be brutal but I always want to start another run. 

#15949 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   762 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:53 PM

With the announcement that all of Hitman will be playable in Hitman 2, I wonder how it will work with the 1st season on Gamepass.

#15950 ZombiesWorld   Would you kindly? CAGiversary!   764 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

ZombiesWorld

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:09 PM

Dead Cells is hands down, so far my game of the year.

Same, I haven't been this addicted to a game since The Binding of Issac. I can't recommend Dead Cells enough. It's one of the most perfect made games I've ever played.

#15951 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:25 PM

I see you motherfuggers are at it again. If I end up buying Dead Cells full price and it goes on sale a week later, I will hunt you fuckers down and kick you in the balls...every fucking one of you guys, except GGP (obviously)

#15952 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   2145 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:36 PM

I accidentally clicked on Game Pass on the dashboard and it says I can subscribe for just $2 for a month (off the normal $10 price).  I checked the website and it's showing the same sale price.  I don't remember an announcement on this.  Was it part of this week's sale?  Or maybe it's related to Gamescom...?

#15953 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70337 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:39 PM

12/29/2799

#15954 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3294 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:42 PM

I see you motherfuggers are at it again. If I end up buying Dead Cells full price and it goes on sale a week later, I will hunt you fuckers down and kick you in the balls...every fucking one of you guys, except GGP (obviously)

Praxus if you're listening go hide.

#15955 Antarael Dulacre   Royal Dhampire CAGiversary!   2829 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Antarael Dulacre

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:47 PM

To pre-order or not pre-order Shenmue in the last few hours..I REALLY want to play the game again..but i still have so much other things to play...hrm..maybe wait for a sale...?

I also sold the orginal games for the dreamcast some time ago...

#15956 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4446 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:59 PM

I accidentally clicked on Game Pass on the dashboard and it says I can subscribe for just $2 for a month (off the normal $10 price). I checked the website and it's showing the same sale price. I don't remember an announcement on this. Was it part of this week's sale? Or maybe it's related to Gamescom...?

must be for newbies. Showed $2 for me until I signed in then went back to $9.99.

#15957 Doctor Zod   Phantom Zone permanent resident CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Doctor Zod

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:23 PM

12/29/2799

Is that also when Agent and/or Deep Down are coming out?

#15958 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:31 PM

RIP Amazon's current preorder discount.

I know people compare Dead Cells a lot to Dark Souls because of the difficulty and the way the in-game lore is delivered, but for me it feels like a much better Harmony of Dissonance.

#15959 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5018 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:36 PM

Is that also when Agent and/or Deep Down are coming out?

Halflife 3

#15960 kcobra22  

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:00 PM