* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#17551 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3246 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:09 AM

Poker Night 2 is going to be delisted.  It's apparently already been pulled from other digital stores, but is still up on the 360 marketplace.

https://marketplace....15-d802584113dd

https://www.trueachi...ted-immediately

Dead on the Xbox 360 web store as of 6am EST

#17552 kcobra22  

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:42 AM

Ugh my Xbox one X won't read my Overwatch disc but my Xbox One fatty will

My gears of war one s won't read a good bit of my movies, but every other device will ( vcr Xbox one, ps4, and Blu ray player)

idk if it still works, but there was a trick where you insert the disc halfway and hold it there for two seconds, then let go and the xbox would pull the disc in and read it. My launch xbox had that years ago and the trick worked every time for me.

#17553 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2539 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:06 PM

Ugh my Xbox one X won't read my Overwatch disc but my Xbox One fatty will

Would you happen to have the Scorpio edition?  Seems the vast majority of problems I hear about are only with the Scorpio

#17554 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5058 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:07 PM

Poker Night 2 is going to be delisted.  It's apparently already been pulled from other digital stores, but is still up on the 360 marketplace.

https://marketplace....15-d802584113dd

https://www.trueachi...ted-immediately

Dead on the Xbox 360 web store as of 6am EST

Still works on the website.

I would almost double dip and get it, but I've got it on PS3 (and steam?) and I passed on it for a dollar so many times that $5 is unpalatable. Would have double dipped for a buck last sale had I known.

FYI, it's definitely not coming back as they announced they would not renew the expiring licenses ever.

Sparkle 2 is on sale for $2.xx, down from $8

#17555 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2539 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:14 PM

On another note, when I moved from Cali just over four years ago, I had a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge collection of movies... bordering on 2k.  Decided it wasn't worth it to relocate everything, so traded in probably half to FYE (or Tower Records)... took them a week to go through everything... and gave the rest away to friends.  Haven't even dreamed of purchasing a movie since with all of the streaming options.   I purchased my first 4k movie, Infinity War, and watched it on my X.  It looked great, but I wasn't overly impressed like I thought I would be.  It seems the leap from 1080 to 4k isn't as jarring as it was from VHS to DVD or DVD to Blu.  Gaming, on the other hand, is a huge difference.  Anyone else notice this?  Maybe I just need to do a side by side comparison.

#17556 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:20 PM

Well looks like I'm selling my PS4 FF discs lmao

Ditto

#17557 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:07 PM

Tempted to get Portal Knights digital at the current sale price. How important is the gold throne edition DLC? IS it better to try to find a cheap physical gold throne edition or just go digital for the main game?

#17558 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:29 PM

Still haven't been able to get my 10 days of logggingi in to Xbox account to register. I use the Xbox 1 or 360 every day. I have tried the Windows phone app, the Windows 10 app, the website the Xbox 1 app and nothing.

#17559 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   963 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:29 PM

Anyone with Xbox Rewards find a resolution to their stuck "Complete the Xbox app dashboard" offer? I've tried everything to unstick it but nothing seems to work. I've already clicked the dash offer on the Xbox Rewards app and it had a green checkmark. The offer is now gone from the dash, however. My wife and son both had theirs count on the same Xbox.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

#17560 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1286 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:17 PM

Anyone with Xbox Rewards find a resolution to their stuck "Complete the Xbox app dashboard" offer? I've tried everything to unstick it but nothing seems to work. I've already clicked the dash offer on the Xbox Rewards app and it had a green checkmark. The offer is now gone from the dash, however. My wife and son both had theirs count on the same Xbox.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

I submitted a help request to MS last night about it. I’ll post more when I have an answer.

#17561 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:18 PM

Here's the post from Xbox news:

This is honestly stunning.  Seeing these games on the Switch isn't too surprising given Square Enix's former relationship with Nintendo.  But even though the FFXIII series, FF Type-0 HD and FFXV is on Microsoft platforms, I know thought I'd see the day that the PS1 and PS2 era FF games would end up on a Microsoft system.  This is especially surprising given that the recent PS2 remasters were previously PS4 exclusive.  I mean, I am totally regretting getting Zodiac Age for my backlog since there's no way I will be touching it now that it will be playable on the X1X.  And if the PS2 remasters get 4K enhancements and possibly X patches?  Wow, what an amazing turn of events.  The ability to play these titles on the go (Switch) or play on a more powerful system (X1X) is big time news IMO.  I hope they bring over FFVIII eventually, as well.

#17562 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3607 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:20 PM

This. This guy/gal gets it.

This is honestly stunning. Seeing these games on the Switch isn't too surprising given Square Enix's former relationship with Nintendo. But even though the FFXIII series, FF Type-0 HD and FFXV is on Microsoft platforms, I know thought I'd see the day that the PS1 and PS2 era FF games would end up on a Microsoft system. This is especially surprising given that the recent PS2 remasters were previously PS4 exclusive. I mean, I am totally regretting getting Zodiac Age for my backlog since there's no way I will be touching it now that it will be playable on the X1X. And if the PS2 remasters get 4K enhancements and possibly X patches? Wow, what an amazing turn of events. The ability to play these titles on the go (Switch) or play on a more powerful system (X1X) is big time news IMO. I hope they bring over FFVIII eventually, as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#17563 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3531 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:58 PM

This is honestly stunning.  Seeing these games on the Switch isn't too surprising given Square Enix's former relationship with Nintendo.  But even though the FFXIII series, FF Type-0 HD and FFXV is on Microsoft platforms, I know thought I'd see the day that the PS1 and PS2 era FF games would end up on a Microsoft system.  This is especially surprising given that the recent PS2 remasters were previously PS4 exclusive.  I mean, I am totally regretting getting Zodiac Age for my backlog since there's no way I will be touching it now that it will be playable on the X1X.  And if the PS2 remasters get 4K enhancements and possibly X patches?  Wow, what an amazing turn of events.  The ability to play these titles on the go (Switch) or play on a more powerful system (X1X) is big time news IMO.  I hope they bring over FFVIII eventually, as well.

Yeah. I saw the Switch announcement and figured S-E was flipping the bird to MS once again, since all of these games have PC ports and share x86 architecture - if they run on Windows 10, they could port to Xbox easily enough. VII and IX are welcome additions, but I can play them on my PS3/Vita or buy the Steam versions. FFX and XII are the biggest deal to me, since they were on my list of games to get when I finally get a PS4. Super excited.

I wonder if they'll get physical releases, or if they'll do digital only al Nier Automata.

#17564 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:09 PM

Last time I paid attention to it the reason FFVIII never got the "hd" treatment the others got was due to a song licensing issue.

#17565 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3330 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:12 PM

Shadow of the tomb raider goes live today for game pass subscribers,correct?

Edit: was hoping to have it installed by time I got home to play over the weekend.

#17566 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1514 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:33 PM

No, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is not a Gamepass title. I'm assuming you meant to say the new one. Rise has been on Gamepass for a few months though.

#17567 gldndomer  

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:47 PM

Does Battlefield 4 and 1 have enough players to fill game servers on a regular basis still? I'm thinking of picking up one or the other (leaning towards 1), but I watched a few friends stream it last night and their BF1 servers of conquest only had max 13-14 players on each side, sometimes down to 8-9 including the three of them. This happened for all three matches that I watched.

I don't mind waiting a couple minutes to get a good full game, but I don't want 20 max players on the battlefield for conquest. It was between 12-1am last night, I don't know if that matters. Looking at the website stats, BF1 looks like it usually has 3x the playerbase, so I'm assuming BF4 would have even less-filled game servers. Just looking for some recent personal experience on whether or not BF game servers stay full or near full throughout the match.

#17568 terminal escapism  

terminal escapism

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:50 PM

Yeah, the only thing going on with Shadow of the TR today is early access for preorders I beleive.

#17569 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:55 PM

Anyone have thoughts on Giana Sisters?

#17570 Sielanas  

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:03 PM

On another note, when I moved from Cali just over four years ago, I had a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge collection of movies... bordering on 2k. Decided it wasn't worth it to relocate everything, so traded in probably half to FYE (or Tower Records)... took them a week to go through everything... and gave the rest away to friends. Haven't even dreamed of purchasing a movie since with all of the streaming options. I purchased my first 4k movie, Infinity War, and watched it on my X. It looked great, but I wasn't overly impressed like I thought I would be. It seems the leap from 1080 to 4k isn't as jarring as it was from VHS to DVD or DVD to Blu. Gaming, on the other hand, is a huge difference. Anyone else notice this? Maybe I just need to do a side by side comparison.

Does your TV do hdr? I would agree it's not as drastic a difference, but it's definitely noticeable in the details.

#17571 kcobra22  

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:20 PM

COD beta finally on the store for those that redeemed a code:

tNdvLyo.jpg

#17572 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4751 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:31 PM

Would you happen to have the Scorpio edition? Seems the vast majority of problems I hear about are only with the Scorpio

Nope, it's just a standard one.

I've done some hard resets and finally got it to recognize it but if it keeps doing it I'll prob try getting it repaired.

#17573 Disturbed Jerry   This Is My Boomstick! CAGiversary!   310 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Disturbed Jerry

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:45 PM

I submitted a help request to MS last night about it. I’ll post more when I have an answer.

I emailed them Tuesday and there response was that they were numerous reports of problems with this offer and their looking into it so who knows lol.

#17574 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:26 PM

Does Battlefield 4 and 1 have enough players to fill game servers on a regular basis still? I'm thinking of picking up one or the other (leaning towards 1), but I watched a few friends stream it last night and their BF1 servers of conquest only had max 13-14 players on each side, sometimes down to 8-9 including the three of them. This happened for all three matches that I watched.

I don't mind waiting a couple minutes to get a good full game, but I don't want 20 max players on the battlefield for conquest. It was between 12-1am last night, I don't know if that matters. Looking at the website stats, BF1 looks like it usually has 3x the playerbase, so I'm assuming BF4 would have even less-filled game servers. Just looking for some recent personal experience on whether or not BF game servers stay full or near full throughout the match.

Yes to BF1. If you browse servers you'll definitely see some servers have low population, but generally if you hit quickplay you'll be thrown into a match with full teams.

#17575 MykelxKnight   King CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

MykelxKnight

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:34 PM

If anyone has any extra blackops 3 beta codes for xbox id appreciate it :D

Ive been enjoying playing spiderman been taking a break from xbox for a bit.  Wish we had more exclusive games to play on xbox but im sure we will get some good things in the future

Also

If you redeemed a code on the blackops website they gave you 3 extra codes today :D

#17576 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3608 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:24 PM

If anyone has any extra blackops 3 beta codes for xbox id appreciate it :D

Ive been enjoying playing spiderman been taking a break from xbox for a bit. Wish we had more exclusive games to play on xbox but im sure we will get some good things in the future

Also

If you redeemed a code on the blackops website they gave you 3 extra codes today :D

I have extra PS4 codes since you mention playing Spider-Man if nobody hooks you up with an XB1 code.

#17577 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:38 PM

How are they distributing the 3 extra codes?  By email or via system message to the person that redeemed the code?

#17578 MykelxKnight   King CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

MykelxKnight

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:40 PM

How are they distributing the 3 extra codes?  By email or via system message to the person that redeemed the code?

https://profile.call...redeem/bo4/beta

go here there should be 4 codes instead of the one you had previously.

#17579 kcobra22  

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:40 PM

they're on the COD site, on the redeem code page. It'll show all 4 codes at the top.

#17580 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4995 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:43 PM

I'm thinking of trading in Final Fantasy XII to help with Soul Calibur VI. It's going for $8.80 in credit at Gamestop with the Pro thing, X is only $4 so I'll probably keep that. I'd just much rather play them on Xbox.