* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#19051 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4309 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:32 PM

So I’m stupid. I have my kid’s Xbox as my home console so we can game share. I didn’t realize that also meant he did not have to have Gold until his Gold expired a couple days ago. I’ve been paying for us both to have Gold for years for no reason!!
Posting in case there’s a second idiot in the world.

#19052 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4143 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:45 PM

Goddammit, I have been making all my purchase decisions on mrclutch's predictions.  :wall:

Spoiler

#19053 .Beowulf  

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:51 PM

Venom reviews are coming in, and they aren't good. It might still be fun to watch, but I also just realized it's only PG-13. I had just assumed they were giving it the Deadpool treatment, but they aren't. Bummer.

Oh man, the old PC port of Mega Man is awful. AVGN does it justice:

DOS section begins around 8 min.

I read an article today that those little monsters of lady gaga's are botting the shit outta the internet to try to tank Venom for her movie lol

#19054 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2542 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:54 PM

For me, reviews are less about if I'll see something, and more about how soon or how much I'll spend to see it. Justice League, for example? Waited for a free rental. Infinity War? Theater, $12, Fuck it.

Right now Venom is sounding less like a $12 film and more like "when I have the opportunity."

And the Deadpool commentary above is exactly my point regarding ratings.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#19055 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10723 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:40 PM

So I have a X1X. Are you playing on quality or performance? I am finding the quality setting to actually be a little hitchy at times. Might have to reduce the pretties to get a smoother experience.

Edit: Yeah FH4.

#19056 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9431 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:44 PM

So I have a X1X. Are you playing on quality or performance? I am finding the quality setting to actually be a little hitchy at times. Might have to reduce the pretties to get a smoother experience.

For FH4? I’m doing quality. Gotta life that beauty. The occasional glitches I don’t think are from the quality or performance. Just seems to be some little things that need to be fixed but it’s also a massive world so.

#19057 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10723 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:55 PM

For FH4? I’m doing quality. Gotta life that beauty. The occasional glitches I don’t think are from the quality or performance. Just seems to be some little things that need to be fixed but it’s also a massive world so.

Yeah I went between the two settings and quality does really make a difference on my TV at least.

#19058 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   674 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:21 AM

Done all three steps, but only step one shows a check mark...are all three supposed to be updated?

I can’t even get the punch card to show up. Why is this stuff so inconsistent? I feel like I have a setting off on my xbox and I am missing stuff all the time. Like the Gamepass Quests and Live Quests tiles, nowhere on my Xbox

#19059 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2175 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:28 AM

So I’m stupid. I have my kid’s Xbox as my home console so we can game share. I didn’t realize that also meant he did not have to have Gold until his Gold expired a couple days ago. I’ve been paying for us both to have Gold for years for no reason!!

Bloomy, mrclutch left an important message for you.

#19060 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5909 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:54 AM

Bloomy, mrclutch left an important message for you.

Really?  Let me check.

Man, how did I miss that?

#19061 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7983 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:00 AM

Bloomy is mrclutch's son?

#19062 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   866 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:12 AM

Hockey season is here. Season is 30 minutes old a the DEFENDING STANLEY CUP CHAMPION WASHINGTON CAPITALS lead 5-0.

#allcaps

#19063 NickNude  

NickNude

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:14 AM

I don't take it as gospel, but it's a useful guide. I go to Metacritic because I like that system better than Rotten Tomatoes, and I tend to ignore reviews for stuff like action, horror, comedy that snobby critics are gonna shit on. Having said that, anything under like a 30 is pretty much going to be a turd in my experience, and I do go out of my way to see movies that score 80+. Even if I don't end up liking them a ton, they're usually at least creative and/or interesting.

It's also helpful if you actually read the reviews, or at least the excerpts. Critics will tell you why they didn't like it and you can use your brain from there to decide whether their opinions will apply to you.

I worked at a movie theater for 10 years and more times then I can count, critics have panned some great movies and have praised some truly bad films. To go and only watch by what they say is absolutely ridiculous, you would be missing out on a lot of great films.

#19064 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:18 AM

So I can't find or activate the October Game Pass punch card someone mentioned earlier. Can someone tell me where to find it?

#19065 OldSlowGamer   Old Slow Gamer CAGiversary!   515 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

OldSlowGamer

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:57 AM

So I can't find or activate the October Game Pass punch card someone mentioned earlier. Can someone tell me where to find it?

Same here - I am totally confused

#19066 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:15 AM

Really? Let me check.

Man, how did I miss that?

W’s are hard to find :)

#19067 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3681 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:34 AM

What's the over/under on RDR2 being on sale before Christmas break? That's when I'll really have time to play it so I might not preorder it if it's gonna be 10% off before then.

#19068 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   866 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:51 AM

What's the over/under on RDR2 being on sale before Christmas break? That's when I'll really have time to play it so I might not preorder it if it's gonna be 10% off before then.

given that it's Rockstar, i'd say it's close to zero unless by some unholy act it completely bombs in reviews

#19069 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10723 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:04 AM

Liking FH4 but so far I am finding the cars harder to control over FH3. Maybe as I gain more cars that will change.

#19070 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:21 AM

It’s on the Xbox ms reward app.

#19071 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2064 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:42 AM

Liking FH4 but so far I am finding the cars harder to control over FH3. Maybe as I gain more cars that will change.

It has a bit of a different feel on the drifting but I think I'm actually liking it better. I've had a few hiccups, crash to dashboard a couple times and freezing for about 1 second. Wonder if it's related to the connected world stuff. Overall it's very good, not that I was expecting anything less. Still don't like the Avatar stuff that much with their dead doll eyes. I hope that's not reflective of what their work will look like on the open world RPG (maybe Fable) 

By Christmas I could see it being slightly discounted somewhere, someone will probably put a Black Friday deal up or at worst game and Shark card or whatever they end up calling now. 

#19072 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   674 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:43 AM

Okay but I think like me, the other poster was saying it isn't showing up for them, I had some other punch cards, like rent some movies, play some ftp tank game and some other garbage, but nothing about the October Game Pass one. like I said in another post I don't understand how this shit can be so inconsistent.

#19073 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5909 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:44 AM

On the XB1?  I go into the MS Rewards app.  I have a points breakdown at the top.  Next row is "Cash your points" and "Take the tour".  Below that is the "Your offers" section.  In there, I have :

Moon Gate / Wild Kingdom / October Survey

Movie and TV rental punch card / World of Tanks punch card / Forza Horizon 4 punch card

Watch Rainbow 6 Siege on Mixer / Check out Deadpool 2 in store / Check out Air Mech Arena in store

Below that are things to redeem and the "about".  I've gone around in the app, maybe it's not something everyone got.

W’s are hard to find :)

I'm an innovator.

#19074 bstringbean  

bstringbean

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:47 AM

given that it's Rockstar, i'd say it's close to zero unless by some unholy act it completely bombs in reviews

Agreed. GTA V didn't go on sale for a very long time.

Also, the Wild Kingdom Quest reward of double points is up for me on Bing with a "Sorry for the delay." It's hard to complain about free credit, but with all of these barely functioning quests/rewards, my buttons are being pressed.

Only just started to receive xbox login credit for the moon quest. 4 days counted after logging in every day over the past two weeks.

#19075 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5909 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:51 AM

Still don't like the Avatar stuff that much with their dead doll eyes. I hope that's not reflective of what their work will look like on the open world RPG (maybe Fable) 

All part of the plan to get us ready for the sexbot brothels that are coming.  First, Houston.  Hopefully the DC area to soon follow.

#19076 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10723 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:23 AM

I still have my Gamers Club at Best Buy until Nov 22 so at worst I plan on getting it for $48. I am hoping for a better Black Friday deal though.

#19077 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2064 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:47 AM

All part of the plan to get us ready for the sexbot brothels that are coming.  First, Houston.  Hopefully the DC area to soon follow.

The Westwing World Season 3

#19078 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:55 AM

Yeah it’s right next to the rent 5 movies punchcard for me.

They need to get their rewards together, it’s been 2 weeks since I responded to the email support sent me and they haven’t wrote me back and I still haven’t got my 500 points for wild kingdom and don’t expect to get the 1k for moongate so I’m surprised I’m not one of the people having issues with it showing up.

#19079 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2028 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:11 AM

as others have said, big rockstar games can take a long time to get discounted, even by just 10%. this one is hyped as much as GTA5 was. if you have GCU, you might as well buy it day 1 to get the 20% off because i don't think we're going to see it cheaper by the end of this year. it may go on sale for $44.99 at the lowest during black friday but you're only saving a few bucks by waiting until then. black friday and cyber monday sales are not eligible for GCU, either.

my plan is to wait for my local supermarket to do their annual post-black friday coupons that apply to xbox gift cards (up to 40% off when coupons are stacked). so i'll wait until then to buy RDR2 off xbox marketplace since i prefer my games as a digital library instead of physical.

#19080 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:16 AM

For what it's worth, on the Gold Quests it took a few days to update my 30 mins for Livelock. I haven't played the other two.

I worked at a movie theater for 10 years and more times then I can count, critics have panned some great movies and have praised some truly bad films. To go and only watch by what they say is absolutely ridiculous, you would be missing out on a lot of great films.

I'm confused. I didn't say I only watch what critics say to watch; I just said I factor it in, especially if I'm on the fence or not sure whether to wait. And I'm not sure what extra insight working at a movie theater gives you. I still see the movies I really want to see.