* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#20521 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:26 PM

so would you recommend paying the $7.50 for the royal upgrade or wait and see what they do with that dlc that's coming in 2019. Already have the gold edition of xv

The Royal Edition is the game as it was originally planned, so in a sense it's complete. The new DLC is just a victory lap which got greenlit due to the game's success, it wasn't something they intended to do during the original development and release.

Also, for the price, that's a whole lotta game.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#20522 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:30 PM

Did Turn 10 just nerf the Forza Rewards? I could have sworn I was making 350k credits at level 11 and now that I am level 12 I got 75k

If you just leveled up you get the additional credits for that tier right away then the real total on Fri when it resets. 

#20523 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:31 PM

20 years ago I was worshipping Final Fantasy, now I can't muster the will to put more than a few hours in FF15.

If there is one series you can say managed to not stagnate over the past 30 years, I think Final Fantasy would be it. Their apparent goal of innovating in the genre rather than sticking strictly to tradition like sister series Dragon Quest is admirable, but it really seems like they lost their way when Sakaguchi was fired/resigned due to Spirits Within's failure. I don't know if you could call any mainline game since X a rousing success as far as reception goes, as they all had either major issues or a giant shift in development somewhere along the line that was felt in the end game. Hopefully they keep Tabata around for the entire development of whatever his next game is as he seemed to barely manage to get the train wreck of Versus XIII's development salvaged into the FFXV station, though I think a different team is likely already deep into FFXVI development.

At least they seem to be playing nice with Sakaguchi finally, seeing as the recent cross over event in XV was with his new mobile game. It'd be great if Square-Enix hired him and his studio to make a new console RPG, even if it isn't Final Fantasy.

#20524 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4249 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:15 PM

So the royal upgrade is only some of the DLC? I just have the base game.

#20525 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:18 PM

Answer is probably a no but is there any work around for buying 360 games using Xbox credit without having a 360 console?

Find someone in the trade thread willing to trade credit for paypal?

#20526 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:37 PM

If there is one series you can say managed to not stagnate over the past 30 years, I think Final Fantasy would be it. Their apparent goal of innovating in the genre rather than sticking strictly to tradition like sister series Dragon Quest is admirable, but it really seems like they lost their way when Sakaguchi was fired/resigned due to Spirits Within's failure. I don't know if you could call any mainline game since X a rousing success as far as reception goes, as they all had either major issues or a giant shift in development somewhere along the line that was felt in the end game. Hopefully they keep Tabata around for the entire development of whatever his next game is as he seemed to barely manage to get the train wreck of Versus XIII's development salvaged into the FFXV station, though I think a different team is likely already deep into FFXVI development.

At least they seem to be playing nice with Sakaguchi finally, seeing as the recent cross over event in XV was with his new mobile game. It'd be great if Square-Enix hired him and his studio to make a new console RPG, even if it isn't Final Fantasy.

Yeah, I can't fault SE for changing things up in the series lifetime, I've just been less and less interested in the games after X. FFXV isn't even a bad game by any stretch, but when I saw that intro with the kids pushing a car while "Stand by Me" was playing, I really didn't know what to make of it.

At the very least, I do want to play Final Fantasy 12 again. My ps2 broke when I originally played it so I never got very far.

#20527 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:06 PM

Yeah, I can't fault SE for changing things up in the series lifetime, I've just been less and less interested in the games after X. FFXV isn't even a bad game by any stretch, but when I saw that intro with the kids pushing a car while "Stand by Me" was playing, I really didn't know what to make of it.

At the very least, I do want to play Final Fantasy 12 again. My ps2 broke when I originally played it so I never got very far.

Honestly that opening was one of the strongest moments of the game for me, which probably isn't the best takeaway. The best thing it has going for it is the friendship stuff and even that is kind of marred by the weird pacing of the game, and virtually all other side characters being being criminally under utilized and not fleshed out enough, not to mention the main party's relationships only really being great if you watched the Brotherhood anime.

So the royal upgrade is only some of the DLC? I just have the base game.

I think if you buy specifically just the Royal upgrade, you don't get the character focused DLCs. That's only if it includes the first Season Pass. The Royal upgrade had a bunch of changes, but I think the main thing you're paying for is a vastly expanded ending, which includes a lot more story stuff and turns the final area into a real dungeon like it always should have been.

If you buy the Royal Edition of the game, it includes all currently release DLC, but not the upcoming Season 2.

#20528 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   1034 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:52 PM

I redeemed some Bing points last night for $10 to get RDR2, I was 1,300 points from getting another $5 credit. I logged in just now and my points are all back like I never used them. I'm going to go ahead and use these points before something happens to them!

#20529 Luriden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1344 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:18 AM

Strangely enough, I got my level 2 MS Rewards points from pre-ordering RDR2 Ultimate before I was actually charged for the game. Redeemed it for MS credit and applied it towards the game itself. No complaints.

#20530 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:37 AM

Anyone know the best way to get a free beta code for Fallout 76? Pre-order on Amazon then cancel?

#20531 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11407 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:10 AM

Decided to finally pick up Soma. I've been interested but haven't been too interested in spooky games where you have to hide from enemies. After hearing about the option to turn it into just a story based game with no enemies and seeing I had enough for a $10 credit from rewards I decided to grab it.

Wow, that's a thing? I may have to check that out.

#20532 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1406 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:22 AM

I haven't bought a 360 game in ages. Apparently it's a pain in the ass because I keep getting an error trying to buy Guardian Heroes. I've tried PayPal and a debit card on both my Xbox One and the website.

#20533 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2838 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:24 AM

Anyone know the best way to get a free beta code for Fallout 76? Pre-order on Amazon then cancel?

That's usually the best bet. I thought about it but there were a couple caveats that made me not bother. Amazon says it can take up to 2 days to get the code, no doubt it will most likely be faster. The bigger issue I saw is the window to play at least at the moment is only 4 hours. 4pm to 8pm today. I'm sure those times will extend also, but that's not a whole lot of time for the hoop jumping. 

#20534 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2838 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:29 AM

I haven't bought a 360 game in ages. Apparently it's a pain in the ass because I keep getting an error trying to buy Guardian Heroes. I've tried PayPal and a debit card on both my Xbox One and the website.

I've been having the same issue the last month or so with my paypal on the microsoft website, i was able to switch to my actual credit card and get it to go through for Mark of the Ninja the other week. Paypal is working on everything else, one thing I saw for a solution was making sure your region was accurate. I've changed regions before to get the free GwG but everything seems correct now but I don't know if that could have caused some kind of issue. 

#20535 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1406 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:41 AM

I've been having the same issue the last month or so with my paypal on the microsoft website, i was able to switch to my actual credit card and get it to go through for Mark of the Ninja the other week. Paypal is working on everything else, one thing I saw for a solution was making sure your region was accurate. I've changed regions before to get the free GwG but everything seems correct now but I don't know if that could have caused some kind of issue.

Thanks I think the region was the issue. Mine was changed for something a week or two ago, but I thought I changed it back. I reclicked on United States on Microsoft.com and Xbox.com and my purchase worked.

#20536 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:24 AM

Wow, that's a thing? I may have to check that out.

Yeah, I think someone here mentioned it. From what it looks like it makes the enemies either not attack you or they can't kill you, I'm not 100% sure which. According to true achievements playing that way doesn't affect achievements either.

#20537 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:25 AM

Man, this is way too early - I go to Costco and the Halloween stuff is already replaced by XMas stuff; and, I come back home turn on the TV and they're playing DieHard. It's not Christmas yet, MFers - get your shit together.

#20538 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:32 AM

Route creator is kinda neat, a tad clunky but that was somewhat to be expected I suppose. Made a decent Dirt series influence grind of 3 laps around the lake which turned out pretty fun. 

#20539 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:42 AM

That's usually the best bet. I thought about it but there were a couple caveats that made me not bother. Amazon says it can take up to 2 days to get the code, no doubt it will most likely be faster. The bigger issue I saw is the window to play at least at the moment is only 4 hours. 4pm to 8pm today. I'm sure those times will extend also, but that's not a whole lot of time for the hoop jumping. 

Yeah, I might just wait until the free period anyways. I don't think I'll play it much but I want to see how the MP is and how well it performs.

#20540 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:53 PM

FF definitely hasn't been as iconic since FFX, although XII was very good. They used to be system sellers - I bought my PS3 in part out of anticipation for FFXIII - but that game was so lukewarm that the series never recovered it's status. XIII was a good RPG, but not a good FF.

It's nice to see XV being successful and people excited about the series again. I do give S-E credit for trying to make each game unique, and although I love Dragon Quest, the series does start to have a sense of been-there, done-that since the basic aesthetic and mechanics never really changes. Bright green fields, the same enemies, etc. Still charming, though.

Honestly that opening was one of the strongest moments of the game for me, which probably isn't the best takeaway. The best thing it has going for it is the friendship stuff and even that is kind of marred by the weird pacing of the game, and virtually all other side characters being being criminally under utilized and not fleshed out enough, not to mention the main party's relationships only really being great if you watched the Brotherhood anime.

I think if you buy specifically just the Royal upgrade, you don't get the character focused DLCs. That's only if it includes the first Season Pass. The Royal upgrade had a bunch of changes, but I think the main thing you're paying for is a vastly expanded ending, which includes a lot more story stuff and turns the final area into a real dungeon like it always should have been.

If you buy the Royal Edition of the game, it includes all currently release DLC, but not the upcoming Season 2.

Re: the Royal "upgrade" online, this is correct - it doesn't include the season pass. From the store listing:

Spoiler

It's nice they have an option for folks who already own everything else to get the extra content, but it's a tad misleading since the full 'royal edition' includes the season pass, which for $25 on sale, is a great deal. I put 60 hours into the base game at launch and really enjoyed it for the most part.

I don't think the season pass has been on sale in a long time since they are pushing the royal edition now.

#20541 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:54 PM

The first few weeks after 76's release are going to be magical.

#20542 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4249 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:28 PM

I wish the Taco Bell $5 thing had different offerings. The cinnamon things are gross and I don't drink soda so I'm basically paying $5 for 1 taco and 1 chalupa. Not a great deal. Just give me the chalupa and 3 tacos.

I bought one yesterday and lost, I prob won't buy anymore. Hopefully next year the meal has better offerings.

#20543 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1166 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:45 PM

I wish the Taco Bell $5 thing had different offerings. The cinnamon things are gross and I don't drink soda so I'm basically paying $5 for 1 taco and 1 chalupa. Not a great deal. Just give me the chalupa and 3 tacos.

I bought one yesterday and lost, I prob won't buy anymore. Hopefully next year the meal has better offerings.

Man, I love the cinnamon twists. Don't they have tea, or lemonade or powerade as far as soda alternatives?

#20544 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   1044 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:13 PM

You can sub the cinnamin twist for nachos and cheese! And all of em carry powerade, and some kind of "juice" also there is always water 

#20545 Heck Mech  

Heck Mech

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:45 PM

Thoughts on voodoo Vince remaster?

I never played the original version but finally played the remaster earlier this year and loved it.

#20546 Heck Mech  

Heck Mech

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:50 PM

I redeemed some Bing points last night for $10 to get RDR2, I was 1,300 points from getting another $5 credit. I logged in just now and my points are all back like I never used them. I'm going to go ahead and use these points before something happens to them!

that was your rebate points on buying RDR2

#20547 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   416 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:50 PM

On the Final Fantasy losing its flare talk: I feel like making two numbered entries MMOs didnt help.

#20548 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2186 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:02 PM

I've noticed the new Call of Duty has had an up-and-down launch.

Strong sales numbers, glowing user scores on PlayStation Network, very mediocre user scores on Xbox Live - and reports of ongoing latency issues...that supposedly are being addressed in a new patch.

Any CAGs playing Black Ops 4?  Opinions?  I know Treyarch is considered by the internet to be the #1 CoD team, but I felt burned by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer's efforts the last two years so I haven't bothered to buy Blops4.  Glad to hear the PlayStation exclusivity deal on content drops is now just one week instead of a month.  LoL  (I do not mind the loss of a Single-Player campaign.  Not sure what to think of a Battle-Royale mode.)

#20549 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9861 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:13 PM

For the second time in my life the largest lottery jackpot at the time was sold within a mile of where I live. Why couldn’t it have been me?

#20550 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:21 PM

Should we find out next month’s GwG this week?