* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#21931 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:59 PM

Pink Phantom Lancer is live in the Gears stream.

Edit: And the Gnasher.

All well and good, but what are your thoughts on beans, sir?

#21932 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9091 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:21 PM

Those FF XIII games are $4.99 each still at GameStop. Might want to grab them in case they go up tomorrow.

#21933 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:29 PM

DSCF1400.JPG

#21934 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1734 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:54 PM

One of the FF 13 games is still on the store digital right? like a weird one like 13 x-2?

#21935 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:14 PM

Never knew a lot of people don’t like green beans, only vegetable I hate with a passion is Brussels sprouts.

#21936 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3046 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:30 PM

Never knew a lot of people don’t like green beans, only vegetable I hate with a passion is Brussels sprouts.

For some reason this made me LOL as I hate them too.

#21937 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:30 PM

FFXIII was a proof of concept for their combat system. Problem was that they thought it was complicated enough to warrant a 30 hour tutorial.

DSCF1400.JPG

Thanks Doc.

#21938 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2608 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:32 PM

picVHJBX5.jpg

#21939 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2285 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:33 PM

They're actually good with bacon but then everything is good with bacon.

#21940 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & CAG CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:42 PM

They're actually good with bacon but then everything is good with bacon.

I've found them to be their best when chopped in half, tossed with olive oil, and then roasted with minced garlic on top. Serve in a bowl with a dusting of sea salt and black pepper. Maybe a balsamic glaze reduction.

Pairs great with steak & garlic bread

#21941 Jurai  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:44 PM

Do you guys like cream corn

#21942 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:58 PM

Slow news day eh guys?

FFXIII was a proof of concept for their combat system. Problem was that they thought it was complicated enough to warrant a 30 hour tutorial.

Yep. The battle system really is great, but it takes forever to give you all of its elements. I keep saying it - its a good RPG, but a bad Final Fantasy.

#21943 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:45 PM

One of the FF 13 games is still on the store digital right? like a weird one like 13 x-2?

13-2 and Lightning Returns are there. Just FF 13 isn't. 

#21944 Jurai  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:53 PM

Really wish you could use Ms credit on 360 games

#21945 nypickle   Orange and Blue CAGiversary!   1001 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:54 PM

Really wish you could use Ms credit on 360 games

You can. You just have to do it on the actual 360 console.

#21946 w00dm4n   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:54 PM

I have to upload my FF Xiii save from the 360 before i try it on xbox one. That 70 hours first chapter is a nightmare.

#21947 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:55 PM

green beans are great for you, food is supposed to be fuel not pleasure

no coincidence most people are fat and heart disease is the number 1 killer of humans, but hey clog your arteries with bacon because you think it tastes good

#21948 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   658 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:58 PM

no coincidence most people are fat and heart disease is the number 1 killer of humans, but hey clog your arteries with bacon because you think it tastes good

I know bacon tastes good.

#21949 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5663 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:01 AM

Canada Support Lancer is live in the Gears stream.

#21950 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:15 AM

Since its a lazy Sunday with not much going on, figured I'd do a little something for ya'll between commercials while I'm watching some football games. Of the 16 games Microsoft announced yesterday at X018 that are coming to game pass(plus Crackdown 3 duh) here's the release dates on all since they were touted as dropping sometime this holiday season. Keep in mind some don't have a release date, but will come to game pass day one when it hits Xbox.

*Thief of Thieves-released yesterday
*PUBG-Novemeber 12
*Agents of Mayhem-November 22
*MXGP3-November 22
*Thomas Was Alone-November 22
*Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice-December
*Kingdom Two Crowns-December
*Ori and the Blind Forest-December
*Mutant Year Zero-Holidays
*Pathologic-Holidays
*Supermarket Shriek-Holidays
*Aftercharge-day one Xbox release when it comes to game pass
*The Good Life-day one Xbox release when it comes to game pass
*Secret Neighbor-day one Xbox release when it comes to game pass
*Void Bastards-day one Xbox release when it comes to game pass February
*Crackdown 3-February 15
*Ori and the Will of the Wisps-day one Xbox release in 2019 when it comes to game pass

Personally, I'm most excited for Hellblade. Already have it pinned to my home page in anticipation

#21951 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2608 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:57 AM

https://www.healthli...con-bad-or-good

I'd do a little actual research before you flat out bash bacon.

The fats in bacon are about 50% monounsaturated and a large part of those is oleic acid.

This is the same fatty acid that olive oil is praised for and generally considered "heart-healthy".
--
Many studies have linked processed meat products, such as bacon, with cancer and heart disease.

All of them are observational studies, which cannot prove causation.
a few slices of bacon is fine, a plateful of bacon in one sitting... well. 

Just remember that almost all of these "studies" are paid for by the people that want a certain outcome, and get the results they desire.
Coffee is the best thing in the world for you, and it's also the worst. Just depends on the study you read, and who paid for it.. Remember when they said energy drinks had a chemical in them that would kill you? (paid for by Coffee companies) well another independent study showed that Coffee had like 10x higher content of that very chemical... oops. Now you don't hear that argument, the chemical part anyway.

In the end, Moderation is the answer.
It's not exactly the food we consume, it's the LACK of any exercise thats the problem. Now excuse me, I have more RDR2 to play.  :twoguns:

--

In game related content.. I may finally get game pass with these announced games.

#21952 Jurai  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:59 AM

You can. You just have to do it on the actual 360 console.

Really? Damn that's dumb, I don't have an unbanned system at this point

#21953 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:53 AM

I met a guy once who argued that the only reason to eat meat was for taste, which he then brushed away as trivial. I just thought about all the thousands of people that died trying to control the spice trade. You go right on eating your morally superior gruel, even if a thousand bunnies died making it anyways. I'll be over here enjoying my finite experience with a side of green beans fried in garlic. I'm thankful with every bite for my ancestors that scrapped by on tree bark.

#21954 TurkeyOnRye   Hey? Is this velvet? CAGiversary!   1459 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

TurkeyOnRye

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:28 AM

9 of the 20 amino acids required by the body to create proteins translated from DNA come only from consumption since your body can't synthesize them (and some of these come strictly from meat). Proteins control... well, every biological aspect of you as a person and if you don't take in all of these amino acids in sufficient quantities, your body will turn on your muscles and break down the proteins there in order to find the needed amino acids.

In other words, enjoy meat. It's good for you.

#21955 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:47 AM

I used to not care for green beans. Until my girlfriend made them with butter, bacon, and brown sugar. Yummy. Brussels Sprouts are tolerable if there is lots of cheese, butter, and bacon.

I have nothing else relevant to the current topics so......... just over 50 hours until Fallout 76 launches!!!! Whoo!!!!

#21956 bsc11  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:06 AM

I don’t have gold but got a 3 month sub from last year, I really want duke nuke em now and the sale on that ends tomorrow night. But that would be letting go of my 3-monther now when the $1 sale is so soon. Is there no other way around this?

#21957 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3806 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:13 AM

I don’t have gold but got a 3 month sub from last year, I really want duke nuke em now and the sale on that ends tomorrow night. But that would be letting go of my 3-monther now when the $1 sale is so soon. Is there no other way around this?

Not really on the Gold front. World Tour does go on sale pretty often though, so if you wait now it's likely it will be back for Black Friday or Christmas sales. You'll probably see the physical copy pretty cheap at Gamestop, used at least, for the holidays.

#21958 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:15 AM

https://www.healthli...con-bad-or-good

I'd do a little actual research before you flat out bash bacon.

a few slices of bacon is fine, a plateful of bacon in one sitting... well. 

Just remember that almost all of these "studies" are paid for by the people that want a certain outcome, and get the results they desire.
Coffee is the best thing in the world for you, and it's also the worst. Just depends on the study you read, and who paid for it.. Remember when they said energy drinks had a chemical in them that would kill you? (paid for by Coffee companies) well another independent study showed that Coffee had like 10x higher content of that very chemical... oops. Now you don't hear that argument, the chemical part anyway.

In the end, Moderation is the answer.
It's not exactly the food we consume, it's the LACK of any exercise thats the problem. Now excuse me, I have more RDR2 to play.  :twoguns:

--

In game related content.. I may finally get game pass with these announced games.

like you said i can post a million studies that show bacon is horrible for you, i can also post studies that show pigs are smarter than dogs yet people eat one and worship the other as if it's their actual child

eating bacon every day isn't moderation and that's what a lot of people do

exercise is overrated, it takes calories to put on weight and exercise alone doesn't burn enough when all you eat is junk, a half an hour on a treadmill might burn off one slice of pizza

#21959 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:18 AM

9 of the 20 amino acids required by the body to create proteins translated from DNA come only from consumption since your body can't synthesize them (and some of these come strictly from meat). Proteins control... well, every biological aspect of you as a person and if you don't take in all of these amino acids in sufficient quantities, your body will turn on your muscles and break down the proteins there in order to find the needed amino acids.

In other words, enjoy meat. It's good for you.

show me the doctors that recommend bacon when they say you should eat meat

#21960 bsc11  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:18 AM

Not really on the Gold front. World Tour does go on sale pretty often though, so if you wait now it's likely it will be back for Black Friday or Christmas sales. You'll probably see the physical copy pretty cheap at Gamestop, used at least, for the holidays.

Storeparser shows its only been on sale last xmas and this week. I do know theres errors though, was banking on just skipping it now and hoping it comes back on sale before next year.