* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2018

#24691 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1832 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:32 PM

Can confirm these 200 point quests on MS Rewards are hitting instantly for me, at least with Hitman and Human Fall Flat. Don't have an easy PUBG one to get and not sure about Vermintide 2 on my card for 200 points, but maybe. 

edit: The Human Fall Flat wants a specific achievement amount of 20 Gamerscore for some reason, but that game seems to love 20 gamerscore, why it was great the other day for True Achievements 12 days of Christmas

#24692 bigtime26   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

bigtime26

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:09 AM

Mother of a whore. Microsoft suspended one of my bing accounts. Geez, I have 2 accounts and never use exploits. One account for xbox credit and one for amazon or walmart gift cards.

#24693 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6300 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:12 AM

First person shooter console online only. No thanks.
Mouse/keyboard or gtfo.

I dont care how “good” it is, controllers SUCK for fps. I use a xim4 when i do play a fps, just not online. I rarely do any MP anymore of any kind.

Fortnite does have M&KB support on Xbox, so....

#24694 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   926 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:27 AM

Finished Mutant Year Zero last night. I enjoyed it quite a bit! I recall people saying it was similar to XCOM, but I've never played any of the XCOM games so I can't comment. It is a great gamepass addition and I recommend everyone give it a try!

Really looking forward to playing Mutant Zero Year!

#24695 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2665 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:29 AM

So uh.......I downloaded the Hitman 2 Prologue last month and just installed the full game from the Hitman 2 disc.....and I don't need the disc to play the game.

Did not work for me. Have access to the first mission but that's it. Everything is installed. Curious what it says for you when you go to the Hitman 2 screen on your Xbox or the website (mine says I can either play the prologue or buy the game for $60).

#24696 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:43 AM

Is FF XV Day One edition worth $9.97?

Edit..non digital version

I'd say it's better to get the Royal Edition. It comes with the Royal Expansion AND the full season pass. Its price is regularly around $25 and I would not be surprised if it hit $20 soon. The dlc does not go on sale by itself to often

#24697 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   628 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:59 AM

Finished Mutant Year Zero last night. I enjoyed it quite a bit! I recall people saying it was similar to XCOM, but I've never played any of the XCOM games so I can't comment. It is a great gamepass addition and I recommend everyone give it a try!

how hard is the game? and how easy are the achievements?

#24698 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5712 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:02 AM

Gears All Access stream the with Team Animal Embar and embem.

https://live.gearsofwar.com/

#24699 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:08 AM

I have all of the Hitman content playable in Hitman 2 Prologue due to the Legacy pack being free a while back.  Don't think I want to download Hitman for 200 points.

#24700 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2608 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:12 AM

Its still a multiplayer shooter on a console, and still not interested.

This part is being glossed over..... its a MULTIPLAYER online only shooter. Dont care what game it is, zero interest.

Day 1 xbox owner, have never played nor owned a Halo game. I have rarely played any shooter on pc, let alone console, since the late 90’s early 2000’s.
When i do (for the 2 hours total) its on pc before i quit and move on. Bought the xim4 to play some one the ps+/gwg shooters i had, destiny is the only one i played for more than a few hours.

#24701 mpaullin   Fission Mailed CAGiversary!   4683 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:15 AM

Are you still talking?

#24702 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1832 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:27 AM

Is FF XV Day One edition worth $9.97?

Edit..non digital version

I'd say it's better to get the Royal Edition. It comes with the Royal Expansion AND the full season pass. Its price is regularly around $25 and I would not be surprised if it hit $20 soon. The dlc does not go on sale by itself to often

Just get the Royal Edition, there is a ton of DLC you're already missing and they are spinning Comrades into it's own thing in a few hours 

#24703 capndan   It's for your health! CAGiversary!   148 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:33 AM

how hard is the game? and how easy are the achievements?

The game has three difficulties, Normal, Hard and Very Hard. It also has Iron mutant mode which is an additional constraint that is equivalent to hardcore in diablo(i think). You have to beat the game on Very Hard + Iron Mutant to get all the achievements. You will need multiple playthroughs to get all the achievements.

I played on normal, which wasn't too hard once you figure out how to pick enemies off while sneaking. I died a few times and mistakenly entered combat at the wrong time, but it was fun to pull off the upset as the underdog in those situations. If I did die, I just reloaded from the last save and tried again.

#24704 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:54 AM

Gears All Access stream the with Team Animal Embar and embem.

https://live.gearsofwar.com/

I've been in the stream for 20 minutes or so. It still says "Stay tuned to find out how to complete this quest" for both items. Is that normal? How long do I have to be in the stream before they can be claimed?

EDIT: Nvm, got it, thanks Bloomy!

#24705 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5712 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:08 AM

I've been in the stream for 20 minutes or so. It still says "Stay tuned to find out how to complete this quest" for both items. Is that normal? How long do I have to be in the stream before they can be claimed?

They make them go live whenever they choose.  The Embar is now live for a retweet.  Just click the retweet link and the quest will complete, and you need to claim it.

#24706 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5712 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:17 AM

Emblem is live for another retweet.

#24707 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   831 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:32 AM

Good news!

The super cheap copy of XCom 2 collection I ordered from amazon before thanksgiving has arrived!

Anyway...

#24708 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   509 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:52 AM

Thx both of you for the info on FF XV. It's going back to Target. Now to wait for a discount on the Royal Edition. 😁

#24709 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1595 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:09 AM

Samsung Pay has $50 Xbox currency cards for 15% off.

#24710 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   628 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:30 AM

The game has three difficulties, Normal, Hard and Very Hard. It also has Iron mutant mode which is an additional constraint that is equivalent to hardcore in diablo(i think). You have to beat the game on Very Hard + Iron Mutant to get all the achievements. You will need multiple playthroughs to get all the achievements.

I played on normal, which wasn't too hard once you figure out how to pick enemies off while sneaking. I died a few times and mistakenly entered combat at the wrong time, but it was fun to pull off the upset as the underdog in those situations. If I did die, I just reloaded from the last save and tried again.

i might have to try this game now

#24711 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10709 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:39 AM

If you want to get done with the 10th day of Christmas for the TA challenge really fast and you are willing to drop $5 then Jack N' Jill DX is a supper quick completion with 11 platformer achievements. I finished it in about 15 min. I am not a huge platformer fan so this was worth the bing cash. 

#24712 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1832 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:40 AM

Game Pass has been amazing this month, Ashen by itself is worth the price of a few months. I'll give Mutant Zero a go sometime but got Below hitting in a few days. 

#24713 escapism  

escapism

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:43 AM

Are you still talking?

They wanted to make sure you heard they bought the xim4 but zero interest in shooters, ok?!

#24714 escapism  

escapism

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:54 AM

Game Pass has been amazing this month, Ashen by itself is worth the price of a few months. I'll give Mutant Zero a go sometime but got Below hitting in a few days. 

I'm actually gonna boot up Ashen for the first time in a few minutes. I've been hearing good things. I tried Strange Brigade yesterday and felt it was meh, movement is a little clunky, which annoys me. I'll still give it another go with a friend. I'm also looking forward to trying out Below in a couple of days. And really, getting both Ori's and Hellblade in a few days too is awesome.

I dont know if I'll try Mutant Year Zero... Is it totally like Xcom or is it an RPG with turn based combat like, say, Shadowrun (not the fps mp one)?

#24715 h2dk  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:06 AM

Samsung Pay has $50 Xbox currency cards for 15% off.

Thanks, had some cashback from the 30% cashback fiasco at Best Buy

#24716 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2608 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:14 AM

They wanted to make sure you heard they bought the xim4 but zero interest in shooters, ok?!

Nice bad reading comprehension there. Again, missed the MULTIPLAYER part.  :roll:

Bought the xim4 so I could play with friends that only play on console, and refuse to have a PC that can.

3 things you can't say here without getting talked down to.

1. PS side: I didn't enjoy the last of us

2. Xbox side: I don't own Halo

3. General: I prefer shooters on PC (or opening my safe instead)

#24717 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4053 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:19 AM

Nice bad reading comprehension there. Again, missed the MULTIPLAYER part. :roll:
Bought the xim4 so I could play with friends that only play on console, and refuse to have a PC that can.

3 things you can't say here without getting talked down to.
1. PS side: I didn't enjoy the last of us
2. Xbox side: I don't own Halo
3. General: I prefer shooters on PC (or opening my safe instead)

1. TLoU is shit.
2. Everything on xbox is Halo. Did you know they wanted to originally call XBox as Halo box?
(Untrue and made up trivia)
3. What's a PC?

#24718 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:14 AM

It’s probably not even worth downloading the games for only 200 points so I’ll probably just do the ones I already have.

One thing about these punch cards is they got me paranoid to finish games cause I’ll have no easy achievements left to use.

Watch I’ll finish Below and next month it will be a punch card

#24719 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   920 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:46 AM

Anyone stuck on the BC trueachievements Jawn or just want to play a really awesome game play Vanquish. Game is the tits

#24720 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:22 AM

The Crew 2 is free to play this weekend and is on sale

Standard $19.80

Deluxe $23.10

Gold $40

Season Pass $27.99

It seems V Rally 4 is also on sale

Standard $40.19

Ultimate $53.59