* * * * - 12 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Bulletstorm, Just Cause 2/3, more | Bioware, ID@Xbox Action | GwG: Battlefield 1, Victor Vran; Assassin's Creed

#22111 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1952 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted Today, 05:01 PM

Official.

#22112 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6042 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:03 PM

looks like u can only download 100mb of it

Well, the game is far from finished. This 100 meg placeholder is standard for pre-orders. It will download the full thing when it's available.

#22113 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted Today, 05:05 PM

Four X-enhanced games at once

#22114 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:10 PM

When does BC stuff usually go live?

Also, for anyone playing Sniper Elite 4 be warned: If you're looking at collectibles in the main menu, there's an option that clears all the collectibles you've found in a stage. I thought it was an option to mark them all as "read" but whoops.

#22115 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   760 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:11 PM

looks like u can only download 100mb of it

I’m assuming this is a placeholder so if you are set to auto update everything then it will download the rest when it is ready.

#22116 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3115 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted Today, 05:13 PM

Not that it would really makes sense to start there, but I'd guess XIII-2 will look the best with the enhancements. Lightning Returns has kind of lower quality world design, I think partially for story reasons but primarily because it was made quickly.

#22117 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1952 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted Today, 05:14 PM

When does BC stuff usually go live?

Also, for anyone playing Sniper Elite 4 be warned: If you're looking at collectibles in the main menu, there's an option that clears all the collectibles you've found in a stage. I thought it was an option to mark them all as "read" but whoops.

Usually around noon EST, shortly after the official post goes live. If it doesn't work, may need to reboot the console to pick it up.

#22118 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3115 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted Today, 05:19 PM

PUBG PS4 is getting Uncharted and Last of Us items as pre-order bonuses, once again we get screwed with no Xbox-themed items.

https://blog.us.play...tLsHjHLxyKfSgKo

#22119 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:25 PM

Not that it would really makes sense to start there, but I'd guess XIII-2 will look the best with the enhancements. Lightning Returns has kind of lower quality world design, I think partially for story reasons but primarily because it was made quickly.

I'm incredibly curious to see if any effort was made on XIII. It's installing now and I see that the file size is a little bit smaller than the PS3 version but almost twice the size of the original 360 version.

#22120 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1195 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted Today, 05:30 PM

PUBG PS4 is getting Uncharted and Last of Us items as pre-order bonuses, once again we get screwed with no Xbox-themed items.

There were Xbox themed items, they just were awful. Bright Green Xbox parachute and Pure White hoodie and sweatpants. 

#22121 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8267 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:31 PM

Meh. Game sucks anyway. Fortnite is far better at PUBG than PUBG.

#22122 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67768 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Today, 05:38 PM

There were Xbox themed items, they just were awful. Bright Green Xbox parachute and Pure White hoodie and sweatpants. 

And they were only available before the early access launch before you knew if you liked the game or not.

#22123 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:49 PM

I'm incredibly curious to see if any effort was made on XIII. It's installing now and I see that the file size is a little bit smaller than the PS3 version but almost twice the size of the original 360 version.

Interesting.  Maybe they took the time to swap out the crappy compressed 360 fmv for the 1080p PS3 video?

#22124 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:07 PM

So this gives us the entirety of Hitman one for free!  Sweet!

#22125 ilovexboxone   video game master CAG Veteran   147 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted Today, 06:09 PM

Well, the game is far from finished. This 100 meg placeholder is standard for pre-orders. It will download the full thing when it's available.

I’m assuming this is a placeholder so if you are set to auto update everything then it will download the rest when it is ready.

yeah i was guessing we wouldnt be able to download the whole game seeing how it comes out in feb.

#22126 ilovexboxone   video game master CAG Veteran   147 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted Today, 06:12 PM

whats the file size?

#22127 Numero5ive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Numero5ive

Posted Today, 06:19 PM

167144-1540316917-BethesdaHelmet_09_007-

167136-1540314457-BethesdaHelmet_01_010-167143-1540316663-BethesdaHelmet_08_002-167147-1540317601-BethesdaHelmet_12_009-

https://paddle8.com/...ts-for-habitat/

This post is for awareness. Charity bids for habitat for humanity on custom designed Fallout 76 helmets from street artists.

#22128 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3115 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted Today, 06:20 PM

Unless they figured out something new I don't think they'll have the better FMVs for Final Fantasy. Since they don't touch the code I don't think it would be possible to pack them in separately now and get them to play in place of the low quality ones.

#22129 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1952 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted Today, 06:21 PM

I'm sure the 3D renders and battles will look nice, they still look pretty good on original hardware. XIII was at least a very pretty game.

What's going to look awful is the highly compressed FMV, the 360 version had them shrunk to hell to fit everything on 3 DVDs, while the PS3 didn't. 

#22130 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:30 PM

whats the file size?

30.5 gigs. The original 360 install was 18.3 gigs for all 3 discs. PS3 is like 39 gigs and the PC version is 29-60 gigs depending on the region.

#22131 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3115 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted Today, 06:36 PM

https://thegameawards.com/awards/

Game Awards nominees if anyone cares, you can vote this time which I don't remember being a thing before. Maybe sponsors are becoming an issue with the nominees.

-The same 5 or so games are nominated for way too many categories.

-The art direction category really needs split between creative and technical. I really don't think it makes sense to compare Assassin's Creed and Red Dead to games like Octopath Traveler.

-Some questionable inclusions make me think they were having trouble coming up with nominees for categories. The Arcade Edition of Street Fighter V under fighting game? Life is Strange 2, Episode 1 specifically because that's all that is out? Destiny 2 Forsaken qualifying for best action game and multiplayer instead of ongoing game only.

-Like a third of the categories are esports for some reason.

#22132 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:42 PM

So I can confirm that FFXIII is a low-effort "enhanced" edition. CG cutscenes are still compressed, and all the menus and text are horribly low-res. Actual ingame graphics are sharp though. I honestly wish they just ported the PC version over.

https://thegameawards.com/awards/

The Arcade Edition of Street Fighter V under fighting game?

Arcade Edition is just the subtitle for the newest version of Street Fighter V. It's still one of the biggest fighting games out there.

#22133 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3115 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted Today, 06:54 PM

So I can confirm that FFXIII is a low-effort "enhanced" edition. CG cutscenes are still compressed, and all the menus and text are horribly low-res. Actual ingame graphics are sharp though. I honestly wish they just ported the PC version over.

Arcade Edition is just the subtitle for the newest version of Street Fighter V. It's still one of the biggest fighting games out there.

It's still just an expansion for the original game. Receiving a new retailer release doesn't make it a new game. I don't think it should be there any more than the Forsaken expansion for Destiny 2, and the other nominees are brand new games. If anything it should be under Ongoing Game I guess. It's not like it really had a chance under either category.

#22134 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted Today, 06:54 PM

So this gives us the entirety of Hitman one for free! Sweet!

It says not available on the website

#22135 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3115 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted Today, 07:12 PM

It says not available on the website

Looked on Reddit and it sounds like they revoked the license and plugged the hole.

https://www.reddit.c...ps_is/?sort=new

On the Fallout front, sounds like you get partially screwed if you import that character on the main game.

#22136 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:15 PM

It's still just an expansion for the original game. Receiving a new retailer release doesn't make it a new game. I don't think it should be there any more than the Forsaken expansion for Destiny 2, and the other nominees are brand new games. If anything it should be under Ongoing Game I guess. It's not like it really had a chance under either category.

For one it is indeed a fighting game, so it being under the Fighting category makes sense. AE was more than just an expansion, as it was a major overhaul of the entire game to the point where most people acknowledged the game as finally being a complete package instead of it feeling like a beta version. However I think we'll have to agree to disagree on its inclusion.

#22137 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3115 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted Today, 07:19 PM

Overwatch update out now. 19.52 gigs for some reason. Includes buffs for Mercy, Symmetra, Reaper, and Roadhog, though the main attraction is the new character Ashe that was announced last week.

#22138 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11480 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted Today, 07:43 PM

https://abload.de/im...ompareqrilf.gif

https://www.resetera...7#post-14939291

Look at these comparison shots.

This looks like a pretty big difference to me. I saw the intro video on resetera and it looks a crap ton better then the 360 version. EvilBoris has claimed they put in different FMV files for the cutscenes but I guess we'll have to wait to see what digital foundry says. Or at least he gave the impression that it's possible.

I mean, when you say low effort you are implying no effort? If X enhancing every title was easy I'd assume MS would have done it already for every title. It's up to the publishers ultimately and I don't see them replacing all the files with higher quality assets. That would in a sense be a remaster, which they can charge everyone $40-$60 down the road and we all know how Dark Souls remastered turned out. Sure, 60fps vs 30fps but also $0 vs $40.

Tempted to blow $16 on a digital version but I know they will be on sale soon enough. I believe Lighting Returns was on sale multiple times as was FF13-2.

#22139 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:51 PM

https://abload.de/im...ompareqrilf.gif

https://www.resetera...7#post-14939291

Look at these comparison shots.

This looks like a pretty big difference to me. I saw the intro video on resetera and it looks a crap ton better then the 360 version. EvilBoris has claimed they put in different FMV files for the cutscenes but I guess we'll have to wait to see what digital foundry says. Or at least he gave the impression that it's possible.

Tempted to blow $16 on a digital version but I know they will be on sale soon enough. I believe Lighting Returns was on sale multiple times as was FF13-2.

Those shots are in-game save for the first, and yes it does look good. What he's not showing is how awful the menus and text look. However playing it on a 4k tv I can definitely see compression artifacts in the opening cutscene.

#22140 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11480 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted Today, 07:56 PM

Those shots are in-game save for the first, and yes it does look good. What he's not showing is how awful the menus and text look. However playing it on a 4k tv I can definitely see compression artifacts in the opening cutscene.

https://i.imgur.com/qLoArPF.jpg uh lol

Shame about the text but at this point *shrugs* looks great to me.

Really curious how the frame rate holds in the final game. I remember it being a mess.