* * * * * 6 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Devil May Cry, DA:I, ME: Andromeda, more | ID@Xbox, Warner Bros | GwG: MGS5:PP, Super Mega BB 2; Vanquish

#7021 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7571 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:50 AM

Do you have a link to the actual promotion? Didn't get the email and would be interested if it's not targeted.

No, unfortunately. Only seems to be in the email itself. Maybe they haven’t updated the web yet?

For anyone looking, this is the subject of the email:

“Your mission awaits: free John Wick movie with purchase of select movie!“

#7022 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7571 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:03 PM

A bit off topic but for those of you with a 4K TV and love movies, Apple is having an insane sale on iTunes. There’s over 100 4K movies on sale for $9.99 or less. Some will port to Vudu.

#7023 Sielanas  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:40 PM

A bit off topic but for those of you with a 4K TV and love movies, Apple is having an insane sale on iTunes. There’s over 100 4K movies on sale for $9.99 or less. Some will port to Vudu.

Is there a way to browse the store on the web? I don't feel like turning on my pc and it's not letting me do anything on phone/tablet.

Bought Hat in Time as soon as I got home. After hearing them rave about it on Co-Optional I've been waiting for a sale.

191839_b359839b3d00807e.png

#7024 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7571 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:00 PM

Is there a way to browse the store on the web? I don't feel like turning on my pc and it's not letting me do anything on phone/tablet.

Not that I know of. Apple is stupid that way.

#7025 ubiquetous  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:03 PM

If you're looking for storage.

https://twitter.com/...n^7090|twterm^3

Hurry before SCOUTS says we have to pay higher prices to Newegg and state sales tax to all internet retailers.

#7026 rickr304   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

rickr304

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:14 PM

While people are discussing Crawl, this may be my only opportunity I'll ever have to shamelessly brag about the fact that I'm the only person on Trueachievements ever to get all achievements in Crawl...

Yep.  In the entire world (of trueachievements).  Just me.

But all bragging aside (Seriously.  Just me.), I had a lot of fun with the game.  Many of the hardest achievements are single-player only or so grindy that they should only be attempted in single player.

Believe it or not.... I actually had more fun in single player than co-op.  Because... I got so good at the game from getting those damn single player achievements, that it became no longer fun to play with friends... :(

Solid 7 out of 10 for me.

#7027 Weagle   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:17 PM

I use the below page to check for daily iTunes movie deals and then get on my phone/home pc to buy anything I "need".

http://www.blu-ray.c...tegory=ituneshd

Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts.

#7028 MobileVortex  

MobileVortex

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:21 PM

Wal Mart has ranch wings.

So GameStop is still the worst by a wide margin.

its blue cheese on wings or go Fuck your mother.

#7029 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7571 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:23 PM

While people are discussing Crawl, this may be my only opportunity I'll ever have to shamelessly brag about the fact that I'm the only person on Trueachievements ever to get all achievements in Crawl...

Yep. In the entire world (of trueachievements). Just me.

But all bragging aside (Seriously. Just me.), I had a lot of fun with the game. Many of the hardest achievements are single-player only or so grindy that they should only be attempted in single player.

Believe it or not.... I actually had more fun in single player than co-op. Because... I got so good at the game from getting those damn single player achievements, that it became no longer fun to play with friends... :(

Solid 7 out of 10 for me.

Thanks for the review. Think I’ll pick it up.

And congrats on the achievements! :)

#7030 rickr304   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

rickr304

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:36 PM

Before anyone buys Friday the 13th, please be aware the game has no dedicated servers.

Which means that one player is always host.  As soon as that player is killed, he will quit, which kicks everyone back to title screen.  No one gets XP.  

I'd only recommend the game if you have MANY friends to play with.

Also, there is much trolling in public games.  Experienced players will literally dance around an inexperienced Jason.  And the game doesn't end until all counselors are dead (or 50 minutes have passed), so if you're that Jason who is fighting a troll counselor, it becomes 50 minutes of frustration as he knocks you down, teabags you, knocks you down, begins dancing, knocks you down, etc.  You can rage quit.  But that ALSO kicks everyone to title screen.  No one gets XP.

Source:  I bought the game in October and played for a few days, then deleted it forever.

#7031 CaptainJoel   Already a Demon CAGiversary!   15336 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:49 PM

Before anyone buys Friday the 13th, please be aware the game has no dedicated servers.

Which means that one player is always host. As soon as that player is killed, he will quit, which kicks everyone back to title screen. No one gets XP.

Also, there is much trolling in public games. Experienced players will literally dance around an inexperienced Jason. And the game doesn't end until all counselors are dead (or 50 minutes have passed), so if you're that Jason who is fighting a troll counselor, it becomes 50 minutes of frustration as he knocks you down, teabags you, knocks you down, begins dancing, knocks you down, etc. You can rage quit. But that ALSO kicks everyone to title screen. No one gets XP.

Source: I bought the game in October and played for a few days, then deleted it forever.

As a counterpoint: Hosts don’t quit that often. It is something that only happens rarely nowawdays and was at its worst back in the fall when people were still mad that the game got patched to stop counselors from killing one another. I play with my brother on the game frequently (only in public games) and it’s incredibly easy to find a group that will join up with you. It’s even easier to find a game if you add yourself to one of the Friday the 13th clubs that exist. There’s honestly only two bad Jasons in the game, so even a super inexperienced player should have no problems killing most counselors. There’s lots of cool people in there that play daily.

Source: me. Been playing the game since like June last year. And it was my most played multiplayer game on Xbox last year. Though I have finally come around on Dead By Daylight, I still believe Friday the 13th is the far superior game.

#7032 rickr304   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

rickr304

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

As a counterpoint: Hosts don’t quit that often. It is something that only happens rarely nowawdays and was at its worst back in the fall when people were still mad that the game got patched to stop counselors from killing one another. I play with my brother on the game frequently (only in public games) and it’s incredibly easy to find a group that will join up with you. It’s even easier to find a game if you add yourself to one of the Friday the 13th clubs that exist. There’s honestly only two bad Jasons in the game, so even a super inexperienced player should have no problems killing most counselors. There’s lots of cool people in there that play daily.

Source: me. Been playing the game since like June last year. And it was my most played multiplayer game on Xbox last year. Though I have finally come around on Dead By Daylight, I still believe Friday the 13th is the far superior game.

Just imagining a brand new Jason going up against a person that has been playing the game since June of last year - with it being his most played game - really makes me cringe.  

Hope you dont dance too much while he's flailing at you.  

#7033 .Beowulf  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:10 PM

why these horror legend games always gotta be multiplayer and online based tho

Trump voice: SAD!

#7034 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7571 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Wasn’t single player stuff added to Friday the 13th too?

Source: my dumb ass, already bought it but haven’t played it yet.

#7035 rickr304   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

rickr304

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:17 PM

Wasn’t single player stuff added to Friday the 13th too?

Source: my dumb ass, already bought it but haven’t played it yet.

There is a virtual cabin you can enter.  I think it's first person, and there's a few puzzles to solve, and it's full of fan service, I've heard.  But it was released after I quit.

Also, you can play as Jason against AI counselors.  I never tried it, but - when it was released - people were upset on reddit that the AI was laughably bad.  There were some youtube vids made of how bad the AI is.  But - again - it was released after I quit, so can't speak for it.  It may have improved or maybe reddit was just being reddit.

#7036 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7447 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:28 PM

Which means that one player is always host.  As soon as that player is killed, he will quit, which kicks everyone back to title screen.  No one gets XP.  

Also, there is much trolling in public games.  Experienced players will literally dance around an inexperienced Jason.  And the game doesn't end until all counselors are dead (or 50 minutes have passed), so if you're that Jason who is fighting a troll counselor, it becomes 50 minutes of frustration as he knocks you down, teabags you, knocks you down, begins dancing, knocks you down, etc.  You can rage quit.  But that ALSO kicks everyone to title screen.  No one gets XP.

Source:  I bought the game in October and played for a few days, then deleted it forever.

Thanks I was considering it but not having servers means I am not interested.  I recall dealing with this on Uncharted 3.  The 3 person co-op was lots of fun but as you said if the host bails you are usually screwed.  Finally got tired of that and traded the game (way back when it was new).

jimbo8574.pngjimbo8574.png

#7037 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   313 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:38 PM

Well dang. Add me too to the unbanned Bing train. Like having Amazon as an option again for rewards. :D

#7038 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7571 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:25 PM

New co-op Castlevania game incoming.... on iOS.

https://www.polygon....ouls-ios-konami

#7039 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7571 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:36 PM

OG Xbox adds are live! Installing Panzer Dragoon Orta as well speak.

For some reason SSX 3 is not showing up on my ready to install list. Anyone else see it?

Edit: went to the store and “repurchased” it on the console and now SSX is in my queue

#7040 Reedus  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:38 PM

New releases for today:

:xb1: Casey Powell Lacrosse 18

:xb1: Don’t Starve Mega Pack

New add-ons:

Attack on Titan 2

:xb1: Additional Annie Costume, Pop Star
:xb1: Additional Episode: "A Titan Worth a Thousand"
:xb1: Additional Episode: "Second Victory"
:xb1: Additional Episode: "Skill Demonstration"
:xb1: Additional Hange Costume, Detective
:xb1: Additional Sasha Costume, Sports
:xb1: Additional Ymir Costume, Shrine Maiden

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered

:xb1: Stereophonics - Dakota
:xb1: Stereophonics - Maybe Tomorrow
:xb1: Stereophonics - The Bartender and the Thief
:xb1: Stereophonics Song Pack

Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame

:xb1: Bluefire Custom Rider Pack
:xb1: Compound
:xb1: Yellowfire Custom Rider Pack

Pinball FX3

:xb1: Pinball FX3 - Star Wars Pinball: The Last Jedi

The Surge

:xb1: The Surge - Cutting Edge Pack (for FREE)

New original xbox backward compatibility games:

:xb1: Blinx: The Time Sweeper
:xb1: Breakdown
:xb1: Conker: Live & Reloaded
:xb1: Hunter: The Reckoning
:xb1: Jade Empire
:xb1: Panzer Dragoon Orta
:xb1: SSX 3
:xb1: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

#7041 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7571 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:47 PM

Panzer Dragoon Orta looks fantastic! And being one of my favorite games of all time, it absolutely will get as much attention as my newer games.

Screw God of War....I love BC!!! :)

#7042 CaptainJoel   Already a Demon CAGiversary!   15336 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:52 PM

Just imagining a brand new Jason going up against a person that has been playing the game since June of last year - with it being his most played game - really makes me cringe.

Hope you dont dance too much while he's flailing at you.

I never run into Jason most games. Just focus on objectives and escape.

I don’t want to be one of those people that just say git gud, but there is a way to play this game, be successful and not a troll and probably 80% of players that are still playing play that way. There is a super healthy community to this game that has always been there if you’re willing to spend time with it. Sure, it can be unforgiving if you’re just starting out, but there’s not that many tea baggers. They’ll usually just knock you down and run away now.

#7043 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7571 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:12 PM

There still seems to be issues with SSX 3. Even after downloading, it gives an error as if I don’t own it. WTF?

#7044 sammiefry  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:25 PM

OG Xbox adds are live! Installing Panzer Dragoon Orta as well speak.

For some reason SSX 3 is not showing up on my ready to install list. Anyone else see it?

Edit: went to the store and “repurchased” it on the console and now SSX is in my queue

Do you mean when you go to rebuy it it doesn’t charge you? Jade empire is showing up as 9.99 but I already own it. On the marketplace it shows I own it just not the Xbox itself.

#7045 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7571 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

Do you mean when you go to rebuy it it doesn’t charge you? Jade empire is showing up as 9.99 but I already own it. On the marketplace it shows I own it just not the Xbox itself.

It doesn’t charge you (at least I don’t think it does but will be checking my statement to be sure!).

#7046 sammiefry  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:38 PM

It doesn’t charge you (at least I don’t think it does but will be checking my statement to be sure!).

Ok thank you might give it a try then.

Edit just tried it. It doesn’t charges again thanks a ton for posting that information.

#7047 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1368 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:17 PM

Anyone want to get a Friday the 13th group going I'd be down with playing fellow cags

RandomHajile3rd.png

#7048 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:35 PM

50 minutes?  the games last 20 minutes are you sure you played the game?

also the game is getting dedicated servers so the host can't just rage quit causing everybody to not get XP

just like most games it takes practice to get good at it, yes it has many warts but it's one of the most fun games i've ever played in my life

#7049 CaptainJoel   Already a Demon CAGiversary!   15336 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:50 PM

Anyone want to get a Friday the 13th group going I'd be down with playing fellow cags

Hell yeah! I'm down to play most of the time. I'm moving next week so I'll be without internet for a while, but until them I'm down to play. My brother and I play at least 2-4 times a week and at least twice on weekends and every time we play it's for at least two hours.

Add me: Colonel Eternal 

#7050 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3074 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:03 PM

I would have paid more had he put it in the Trades section.

If you or anyone else here is interested I have a friend with one of these who isn't going to be using his  He's not on CAG so I told him I would ask around.

782879.png