* * * * * 6 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Diablo III, COD:MW3, Tropico, more | Spotlight: Telltale | GwG: Smite Gold, ACC: Russia; Lego Indy 2

#4891 mundial1345   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

mundial1345

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:19 PM

I wasn't sure if the gems rewards were a separate thing then the normal Xbox rewards. Guess I'll see at the end of the month.

yea unfortunately the rewards from the gems get deposited into the same pool as the survey's and the quests. is it at least showing in your total to be deposited?

1096192.png[

#4892 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9520 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:28 PM

#4893 biledriver   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   976 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

biledriver

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:33 PM

I still play pretty regularly. This week is the last Faction Rally for Season 2, so I'm thinking the Faction armor and their ornaments might not be obtainable after this week.

Here is the CAG thread about the game if you have any interest in the reading.  It's slowed down quite a bit in the last few months.

Bungie has been making QoL changes to the game and we are due for another one at the next reset.  The changes they have been making are definitely making things better, but I'm afraid for a good chunk of folks the ship has sailed or Bungie will need to make a lot more changes.

Here is the roadmap for the biggest changes Bungie plans on making to the game:

Spoiler

You have the distinct look of the jilted Destiny fan desperate to hang on to their love in hopes Bungie comes through. I'm right there with you but I reinstalled D1 this week because the gameplay loop of D2 is just....sad. I am looking forward to the DLC but the fact that we KNOW they have a huge reboot DLC in the fall makes me think that this DLC will be less than stellar due to not enough resources. Fingers crossed.

As someone who literally only bought my Xbone because Bungie forced me to upgrade when they kicked the legacy systems out, it's sad that D2 has struggled so badly and it's hard to say if they can rescue it. The saddest thing is that I still think the gunplay is the absolute best in show and the gameplay loop in D1 was great even for someone like me that has only played a non matchmaking mode 3 times in 3+ years.

#4894 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8139 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:31 PM

yea unfortunately the rewards from the gems get deposited into the same pool as the survey's and the quests. is it at least showing in your total to be deposited?

yep. everyhing looks good. just gotta wait.

#4895 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:55 PM

You have the distinct look of the jilted Destiny fan desperate to hang on to their love in hopes Bungie comes through. I'm right there with you but I reinstalled D1 this week because the gameplay loop of D2 is just....sad. I am looking forward to the DLC but the fact that we KNOW they have a huge reboot DLC in the fall makes me think that this DLC will be less than stellar due to not enough resources. Fingers crossed.

As someone who literally only bought my Xbone because Bungie forced me to upgrade when they kicked the legacy systems out, it's sad that D2 has struggled so badly and it's hard to say if they can rescue it. The saddest thing is that I still think the gunplay is the absolute best in show and the gameplay loop in D1 was great even for someone like me that has only played a non matchmaking mode 3 times in 3+ years.

I also bought my Xbone first and foremost for Rise of Iron, and I played the hell out of D1. After about a month of D2 and several failed raid attempts, I stopped playing. Did the DLC story quick since there wasn’t much to it, and have since uninstalled. It just doesn’t have the feel that the first had. I’ve gone back to 1 several times just for shiggles and it’s still a blast. I don’t think I’ll be going back to 2 any time soon.

#4896 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9520 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:21 PM

I also bought my Xbone first and foremost for Rise of Iron, and I played the hell out of D1. After about a month of D2 and several failed raid attempts, I stopped playing. Did the DLC story quick since there wasn’t much to it, and have since uninstalled. It just doesn’t have the feel that the first had. I’ve gone back to 1 several times just for shiggles and it’s still a blast. I don’t think I’ll be going back to 2 any time soon.

The collector in me pushes me forward.  Right now I am (VERY slowly) crawling to the 25 Competitive wins required to unlock the Crucible helmet ornament.  Also, when they release the update next week, I'm going to start working on getting whatever NF-oriented gear they make available.

#4897 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:22 PM

12 new achievements for Injustice 2 out of nowhere, including one for getting a character to level 30. FML.

kmknmbmb

#4898 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:25 PM

The collector in me pushes me forward. Right now I am (VERY slowly) crawling to the 25 Competitive wins required to unlock the Crucible helmet ornament. Also, when they release the update next week, I'm going to start working on getting whatever NF-oriented gear they make available.

Honestly I’m glad there are people that still enjoy it. It just lost something for me after a while. I still wish we could’ve had the real Destiny 1 *sigh*

#4899 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9520 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:25 PM

12 new achievements for Injustice 2 out of nowhere, including one for getting a character to level 30. FML.

alpacino.gif

#4900 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9520 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:28 PM

Honestly I’m glad there are people that still enjoy it. It just lost something for me after a while. I still wish we could’ve had the real Destiny 1 *sigh*

I would love to collect all the Trials gear and Raid / Raid Lair gear and ornaments, but even with the CAG clan at 90+ members I've had trouble coordinating three people for a NF (much less four or six for those other activities).  I've written those off for now.

Hopefully everything that Bungie learned from D1 and D2 will be put to good use in D3 and not just scrapped halfway through development.

#4901 Doctor Zod  

Doctor Zod

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

And they all seem rather easy though tied to the DLC characters. Too bad they never bothered to do something about the bullshit "Cat Fight" achievement.

At least now I've got an excuse to go back to it. For like 2 weeks I was not able to do multiverse events because the "multiverse was unstable" error.

doctor+zod.png

#4902 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:12 PM

There is also one for Raiden doing his Kidd Thunder pose after winning a match...and it's total super rare RNG. Could be Cat Call pt 2.

kmknmbmb

#4903 mastere333   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

mastere333

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:59 PM

Anyone need a new subscriber 1 month code for game pass? First person to PM me gets it. The code will not work if you have ever used game pass before, I just found that out lol.

Edit: code is gone.
XBL: AgentMasterE

#4904 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:03 AM

It's only hit $30 once? I feel like I've seen it there a few times. Even at the full $60, I'd much rather pay that than the more than double that price that I paid to play it earlier. I'd probably feel a lot less CAG guilt paying the full price if I had actually played it with at least one other person regularly rather than solo or matchmaking for everything.

You're right, I only glanced at the storeparser page. It's been 30 twice, and 26.12 once. The last sale at all was nine months ago though, at $30. I'm not holding my breath for another one.

DGeneratekane.png

#4905 Noco22  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:51 AM

Is the division season pass worth it? Am I just better off sticking with vanilla?

1000052.png

#4906 biledriver   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   976 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

biledriver

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:13 AM

I would love to collect all the Trials gear and Raid / Raid Lair gear and ornaments, but even with the CAG clan at 90+ members I've had trouble coordinating three people for a NF (much less four or six for those other activities).  I've written those off for now.

Hopefully everything that Bungie learned from D1 and D2 will be put to good use in D3 and not just scrapped halfway through development.

The clan thing was tough, some complain that people shouldn't get gear for activities they don't do but so many people are shut out of the raid simply due to how much it requires.

Me, I tried a clan in D2 to attempt to be less of a solo player. But some of the clan were so despicable that I wouldn't even stay for free gear. I guess it's harder to say now since people have ran from the game in droves but I think it probably was a move in a good direction even if my own experience was ruined by jerks.

#4907 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   644 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:22 AM

Aight I set google to pick a random number from 1-30 and It was 22 which issssss

djsmf435

PM me your GT and I'll send over horse game when I have a chance, and to everyone else, let's hope for another game at less than $2 next week. 

:)

If you read comics check out our podcast (NSFW)

https://soundcloud.com/user-533897430

#4908 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4419 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:53 AM

Gears events next week for Easter weekend.  More Juvie Horde with Midnight Omen skin drops (not specified) and an Easter Egg weapon skin set that will be fully craftable during the event.

https://gearsofwar.c...tsup-mar22-2018

#4909 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   391 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:09 AM

I’m at my wits end with the Happy Birthday TA challenge. I’ve been stuck on V for a week.

I though I had an easy one... win a race in Indy 500 Evolution. That game controls like my three year driving legos across the floor while I’m trying to tell him which way to go.

What about 21 AR challenge stars with Harley Quinn in Arkham Knight? I haven’t played that game in too long, spent an hour and only got 2 stars.

So I see Vacation in Rise of the Tomb Raider. Escape the Siberian wilderness after surviving seven days in Endurance mode. I made it to day 8 and got out on the first try. No achievement. Look up the solution on TA. I had to actually pick the Vacation challenge card at the start of the game. Tried four more times since then, survived 2, 4, 5, 2 days.

P1jVR.gif

#4910 Doctor Zod  

Doctor Zod

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:13 AM

There is also one for Raiden doing his Kidd Thunder pose after winning a match...and it's total super rare RNG. Could be Cat Call pt 2.

Thankfully, I can confirm the Kidd Thunder achievement is relatively easy (got like in 10-15 minutes).

According to TrueAchievements, select a multiverse event, then choose an AI loadout for Raiden and let the AI play for you. Once he wins a round and "summons" Kidd Thunder - just like in his MK2 Friendship - during his winning animation, the achievement will pop.

If he doesn't summon Kidd Thunder, simply restart the match. I got like on my 8th or 9th try. So while the achievement is luck based, it doesn't require you to randomly obtain a criminally rare lootbox.

doctor+zod.png

#4911 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4419 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:20 AM

Holy Fuck.  Just got through the museum fight in Gears 4 solo Insane.  Hadn't played the campaign in a while, had been stuck there.  Went to YouTube for some tips, saw there's a bit of an exploit to get through it.  Didn't want to beat it that way, was finally able to squeak through.  That was about as bad as storming the beach in Judgment.  Can't wait for Inconceivable solo.  At least that YouTuber said it's the toughest spot in the game.  It's been so long since I completed the campaign, I don't remember.  Though the bosses of the 4th and 5th acts won't be pushovers.

I’m at my wits end with the Happy Birthday TA challenge. I’ve been stuck on V for a week.

I though I had an easy one... win a race in Indy 500 Evolution. That game controls like my three year driving legos across the floor while I’m trying to tell him which way to go.

What about 21 AR challenge stars with Harley Quinn in Arkham Knight? I haven’t played that game in too long, spent an hour and only got 2 stars.

So I see Vacation in Rise of the Tomb Raider. Escape the Siberian wilderness after surviving seven days in Endurance mode. I made it to day 8 and got out on the first try. No achievement. Look up the solution on TA. I had to actually pick the Vacation challenge card at the start of the game. Tried four more times since then, survived 2, 4, 5, 2 days.

You ever pick up Wolfenstein: The New Order any of the times it's been on sale?  One of the early campaign achievements is a V.

#4912 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:33 AM

My cousin and I got stuck on that museum fight for two nights. Easily one of the hardest sections of ANY Gears game thus far. You're a better man than I am, Bloomy. We gave up and ended up retreating to the back of the map and waited for all the enemies to come to us. And it still wasn't that easy.

kmknmbmb

#4913 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11309 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:45 AM

Guess no BC announcement today. :(

Probably want to focus 100% attention on sea of thieves. Hope to resume BC next week.

... go to sleep.

#4914 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4419 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:50 AM

My cousin and I got stuck on that museum fight for two nights. Easily one of the hardest sections of ANY Gears game thus far. You're a better man than I am, Bloomy. We gave up and ended up retreating to the back of the map and waited for all the enemies to come to us. And it still wasn't that easy.

Don't know if stubborn is necessarily better.  I still think there's something wrong with the reach of the Juvie melee.  I'm taking damage when I should be out of range.  There was a similar problem with the Sires in Gears 2.

#4915 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7595 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:08 PM

I got the cag fight achievement on injustice 2 the one I can't get is artcious getting a meter burn life drain on green lantern. Ive done it about 50 times and it never pops. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Mr+hockey66.png

giphy.gif

#4916 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4082 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

Game Idea Contest for one of these:

• Universal: Battlestar Galactica™ (2004 tv series)
  • Voltron The Legendary Defender (2016 tv series)
  • Back to the Future™ film trilogy
  • Jaws™ (1975 film)
  • Turok Son of Stone comic book characters.

https://connect.unit...enges/universal

Would love to see another Back to the Future game.

#4917 djsmf435   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:57 PM

Aight I set google to pick a random number from 1-30 and It was 22 which issssss
djsmf435

PM me your GT and I'll send over horse game when I have a chance, and to everyone else, let's hope for another game at less than $2 next week.

:)

Thanks man!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

#4918 braiiins  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

I got the cag fight achievement on injustice 2 the one I can't get is artcious getting a meter burn life drain on green lantern. Ive done it about 50 times and it never pops. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

In case you're as much a novice as I am when it comes to fighting games: did you remember to do the second half of the combo? This is the first fighter I've bought since the mortal kombat arcade collection. I did just the life drain a few times before realizing the meter burn was an add on to the main move. I read that using a second controller is best but I did it with very little trouble against a computer.

#4919 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4203 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:10 PM

I used Rainbow Six vegas 2 as an easy V achievement, I forgot how this game was given away free but it was so you may have it

1024483.png

#4920 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7595 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:14 PM

In case you're as much a novice as I am when it comes to fighting games: did you remember to do the second half of the combo? This is the first fighter I've bought since the mortal kombat arcade collection. I did just the life drain a few times before realizing the meter burn was an add on to the main move. I read that using a second controller is best but I did it with very little trouble against a computer.

Yeah I used the right trigger while doing the move and it flashes showing meter burn but never get the achievement.

There is another for doing a crazy combo with Harley quinn on joker that in having trouble with also
Mr+hockey66.png

giphy.gif