* * * * * 6 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Division DLC, WRC, Handball, Surge, more | GwG: ACC: Russia, MGS5:PP; Sonic Racing

#7411 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9515 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:38 PM

This trailer reveals some story plot, so if you want to go into the movie blind don't watch:

But it's totally worth a watch!

#7412 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:00 PM

They need to make a new Shrek movie.....that is all

If you read comics check out our podcast (NSFW)

https://soundcloud.com/user-533897430

#7413 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1787 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:56 PM

Don't forget about the Bob Ross trailer

Has everyone seen the latest infinity wars trailer yet?
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#7414 dwo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

Looks like Microsoft is integrating more Xbox related rewards with Bing Rewards in the future: https://rewards.micr...ds-announcement

Cannot complain.  Their gift card rewards already play for a chunk of my digital purchases.

#7415 Doctor Zod  

Doctor Zod

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

Crap, played so much Far Cry 5 during the weekend that now I can't get Amazing Grace out of my head after....well....a story-related portion of the game  :shock:

doctor+zod.png

#7416 Reedus  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:46 PM

#7417 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9515 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:49 PM

Don't forget about the Bob Ross trailer

Has everyone seen the latest infinity wars trailer yet?

I've intentionally avoided them all, even in theaters.  I'm trying to go into this one cold.

#7418 MOStateSuperman   I eat birds and planes for breakfast. CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

MOStateSuperman

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:50 PM

Crap, played so much Far Cry 5 during the weekend that now I can't get Amazing Grace out of my head after....well....a story-related portion of the game  :shock:

On a (non-story) related note, I can't tell you how many times I have hijacked a cultist truck only to stop and sit through "Help Me Faith" or "Oh the Bliss." I have the soundtrack downloaded so I can listen to the songs at work. It's like a sinister Hillsong United. 

I haven't heard cult music this good since "Kathy Don't Go":

Spoiler

#7419 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAG Veteran   70 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

Finished the story in Injustice 2 this weekend.  Man, there is so much to do in that game.  I chose the Batman ending, now I have to go back and choose the Superman ending, as well as all the other "Choose a character" chapters and switch my choice.  I am loving this game, even more since switching the controls to a more Capcom quarter-circle style.

#7420 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1787 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

I've intentionally avoided them all, even in theaters. I'm trying to go into this one cold.

What about the teaser trailer from Logan?

#7421 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9515 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:03 PM

What about the teaser trailer from Logan?

Are you talking about the various trailers for DeadPool 2?  If so, I've gobbled all of those up because they have been good about not showing much about the movie.  I've loved all of them immensely.

#7422 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1787 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:08 PM

Are you talking about the various trailers for DeadPool 2? If so, I've gobbled all of those up because they have been good about not showing much about the movie. I've loved all of them immensely.

Yeah they are hilarious!
Trying to pull a classic Superman by changing in the booth, and dressing up a Bob Ross lol.
Oh and the action figure Deadpool trailer played by.....well Deadpool

#7423 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3733 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:48 PM

I predict a great sale tonight!

#7424 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5131 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:54 PM

Finished the story in Injustice 2 this weekend.  Man, there is so much to do in that game.  I chose the Batman ending, now I have to go back and choose the Superman ending, as well as all the other "Choose a character" chapters and switch my choice.  I am loving this game, even more since switching the controls to a more Capcom quarter-circle style.

Do you use a regular Xbox controller when you play? Those quarter-circle movements aren't always picked up well on my dpad. I'm wondering if it's my controller or I'm just fat-fingering the wrong directions.

#7425 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAG Veteran   70 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:58 PM

Do you use a regular Xbox controller when you play? Those quarter-circle movements aren't always picked up well on my dpad. I'm wondering if it's my controller or I'm just fat-fingering the wrong directions.

I do, yeah.  I use the thumbstick, since it's as close to a joystick as I'm going to get right now.  The quarter-circles seem to register fine, it's the half-circles that are the hardest to pull off for me.  I was trying to do Swamp Thing's tutorial yesterday, but couldn't get his combo with the cancel into half-circle special to work because I couldn't get the half-circle fast enough.  I'm still trying to break my brain from waiting for the hit before going on to the next one.  The fact that you just input the whole combo string even before everything hits is new to me.

#7426 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36688 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:15 PM

Don't remember who mentioned Late Shift was worth checking out on game pass but gave that a go this afternoon and it's been pretty enjoyable so far. Not a game really but enjoyable fiction with some choose your own adventure. I wonder how much it actually changes based on the few choices you have though or if it's just details and the overall narrative remains fairly linear.

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#7427 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4200 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

Don't remember who mentioned Late Shift was worth checking out on game pass but gave that a go this afternoon and it's been pretty enjoyable so far. Not a game really but enjoyable fiction with some choose your own adventure. I wonder how much it actually changes based on the few choices you have though or if it's just details and the overall narrative remains fairly linear.

I went back and did the other choices, there is some scenes that are only on 1 decision path but overall pretty similar

1024483.png

#7428 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:44 PM

So now that direct deposit is a thing with Microsoft Rewards, does anyone know if credit can be used to gift game/DLC to other accounts? Or do they require the purchase be made by CC?

DGeneratekane.png

#7429 CamperinaBush   Games! CAGiversary!   438 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:46 PM

Considering The Surge before it goes off sale. Is the Complete Edition worth the extra ~$10?

#7430 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4078 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:47 PM

I noticed there was a new update for Xbox One. Of course as I was doing the update the power went out. You know how it says not to turn it off or unplug it while doing the update. I thought I bricked my Xbox for a second. Luckily it did the update just fine when the power came back. No issues that I'm aware of.

I thought that maybe we'd get the new avatar update. I didn't notice anything different. I heard it was supposed to be happening in April.

They have some free Westworld avatar items.

https://marketplace....ace?Brand=14752

#7431 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:54 PM

So now that direct deposit is a thing with Microsoft Rewards, does anyone know if credit can be used to gift game/DLC to other accounts? Or do they require the purchase be made by CC?

Looks like you can use credit for gifts. I just looked back to a gift I sent (to an email address but for myself during the EA Access free month promo) and I used account balance to pay for it.

Steam: bigsalad

XBL/PSN: BigSalad

#7432 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9515 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:03 PM

I noticed there was a new update for Xbox One. Of course as I was doing the update the power went out. You know how it says not to turn it off or unplug it while doing the update. I thought I bricked my Xbox for a second. Luckily it did the update just fine when the power came back. No issues that I'm aware of.

I thought that maybe we'd get the new avatar update. I didn't notice anything different. I heard it was supposed to be happening in April.

They have some free Westworld avatar items.

https://marketplace....ace?Brand=14752

It looks like Groups is here now!

https://news.xbox.co...update-4-23-18/

#7433 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:19 PM

Looks like you can use credit for gifts. I just looked back to a gift I sent (to an email address but for myself during the EA Access free month promo) and I used account balance to pay for it.

Thanks! My girlfirend's account as well as my brother's are still useful after all.

DGeneratekane.png

#7434 braiiins  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

Has anyone played Paladins or Neverwinter and can say whether the "Better with friends" for Paladins or the XP Boost for Neverwinter are any good? I'm trying to spend my 1300 gems on xbox rewards and am considering those or just one of them and mixing in the gwent card kegs and maybe an overwatch wallpaper (couldn't find it on google images).

#7435 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36688 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:18 PM

Considering The Surge before it goes off sale. Is the Complete Edition worth the extra ~$10?

Well the complete is three pieces of DLC: one is always free, one is two quickly discarded starter items and a tracker for finding hidden stuff which sounds useful, the third is actual content. The actual content DLC seems to have reviewed decently and adds a few hours of content and the environment is supposed to be quite different from the rest of the game which is one of the bigger criticisms of the base game (lot of sameness in environments).

So if you don't want the tracker thing it's like 50 cents cheaper to buy the game and DLC separate. DLC is also on sale right now so you could always wait and hope that's more than 33% off down the road. I was going to do one of those but just ended up buying the complete, figured waiting on the DLC to be cheaper seemed like a bad idea since XBL sales are almost exclusively on base games and complete/gold editions.

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#7436 dennisb407   Banned Banned   5420 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

dennisb407

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:43 PM

I like to play Far Cry 5 on mute with Rob Zombie's "Dragula" blasting thru the house

#7437 blueArcana   Whorin' for Corin CAGiversary!   924 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:01 PM

I like to play Far Cry 5 on mute with Rob Zombie's "Dragula" blasting thru the house

iFjPbY2.gif

blueArcana.png

#7438 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4412 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:30 PM

https://www.youtube....d-yAP7_M#t=1m5s

#7439 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4663 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:34 PM

Now I wanna play sled storm on my ps1. Or put the game disc in a CD player while playing fh3.

#7440 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4747 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:35 PM

BBQ Ribs to my right. Controller to my left.

Laptop is ready for deals and TV is ready to see how bad Smackdown destroyed Raw in the Superstar Shakeup.

Bring on Date Night!