* * * * - 15 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Monster Hunter World, Bloodstained, Mega Man Legacy, Panzer Dragoon Orta, more | GwG: Q.U.B.E. 2, Race the Sun; Dragon Age II

#11791 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4832 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:35 PM

... I don't see the target on the stairs in that Fortnite gif.

I have no attachment to this game because I've never played it.

#you'vebeenwarned

#bringbacktimesplitters

#11792 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

Thanks, already tried both, no dice. Can anyone here play the game other than the tutorial?

Nope. I picked up a code for the DLC from the trade forum a few years back, and have never been able to play it. Quite the bummer, because I really enjoyed the first two games.

#11793 MattZack   Virtue for the virtuous, signaling for others. CAGiversary!   1290 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:05 PM

Nope. I picked up a code for the DLC from the trade forum a few years back, and have never been able to play it. Quite the bummer, because I really enjoyed the first two games.

I spoke with Xbox support and can get a refund, but this seems unacceptable to me for a publisher to continue to sell a broken game, knowing that it is broken. I wish someone with a ton of followers on Twitter would bring this up.

#11794 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5098 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:03 PM

Quests are up in the Forza stream.

https://watch.forzarc.com

#11795 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   486 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:12 PM

So has Battlefront 2 gotten any better?

#11796 Sielanas  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:13 PM

I think so, but the price seems to keep dropping. $15 is likely. That they're making new content is great. I will always take more Clone Wars era content.

#11797 Mahgin86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Mahgin86

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:17 PM

Best Buy employee burned me. Got a fraud warning when I went to buy it and he said something along the lines of "if someone stole your credit card I think they'd go for something a little nicer than a TCL." Said he was joking and heard it's good for gaming. Ended up talking about PUBG/Fortnite and Nintendo for a minute.

Sounds like a dick. Not sure if they get commissions or not.
But I do know the same day I got my X, I went to Best Buy earlier in the day (which was over an hour away, since the closest store didn't carry the model I was after) to get my TCL. All the 'big names' were on display out on the walls and such. The TCLs were tucked away on an aisle to themselves. When the Best Buy boy tried to 'interest me in one of theeese' tvs, I said nah son and got someone else to show me where my TV was.
Problem I have with the Xbox controlling the Roku tv is that it turns it on, but you can't select the input without pressing 'ok' on the Roku remote anyway.
I use a receiver for my volume, but never any issues with the X controlling it.

#11798 kcobra22  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

Best Buy employee burned me. Got a fraud warning when I went to buy it and he said something along the lines of "if someone stole your credit card I think they'd go for something a little nicer than a TCL." Said he was joking and heard it's good for gaming.

Did he also try to sell you a $70 hdmi cable?

#11799 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3347 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:27 PM

I bought Battlefront 2 yesterday to play with my son. We are having a lot of fun playing the coop missions. The shooting still feels a bit weird compared to call of duty or titanfall, something just feels a little off to me but overall it seems like a lot of content for $20. They really pulled back on the paid stuff, I don't feel like I need to buy anything in game.

#11800 braiiins  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:32 PM

Sounds like a dick. Not sure if they get commissions or not.
But I do know the same day I got my X, I went to Best Buy earlier in the day (which was over an hour away, since the closest store didn't carry the model I was after) to get my TCL. All the 'big names' were on display out on the walls and such. The TCLs were tucked away on an aisle to themselves. When the Best Buy boy tried to 'interest me in one of theeese' tvs, I said nah son and got someone else to show me where my TV was.
Problem I have with the Xbox controlling the Roku tv is that it turns it on, but you can't select the input without pressing 'ok' on the Roku remote anyway.
I use a receiver for my volume, but never any issues with the X controlling it.

They only had one TCL on the floor at the one I went to and it was a series 4. It was in the middle of an aisle, so in a high traffic area.

It was a bit of a dick move and he probably meant it as "they'd probably buy a higher end 4k TV if they didn't have to worry about the money."

Do you know if you can set it to go straight to an input? I want to have it turn on to the xbox. I realized today that it also isn't controlling the TV in general, turning the xbox on/off won't turn the TV on/off.

Did he also try to sell you a $70 hdmi cable?

Surprisingly not, my friend said they did it to him a couple weeks ago when he bought his. Could've been because I showed up 45 minutes before they were closing though.

#11801 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5098 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:34 AM

This is the last night for the E3 sales - they are counting down to 6am Eastern tomorrow morning.  Make your last minute decisions soon.

The only thing appearing to be counting down for tomorrow night is Euro Fishing: Urban Edition.

#11802 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3347 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:23 AM

This is the last night for the E3 sales - they are counting down to 6am Eastern tomorrow morning. Make your last minute decisions soon.

The only thing appearing to be counting down for tomorrow night is Euro Fishing: Urban Edition.

Time for impulse buys!!!

#11803 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:29 AM

Would someone mind talking me into or out of Battlefront 2 (played the original) and/or Marvel:  Ultimate Alliance bundle (played on the Dreamcast way back when)?  I'd appreciate any advice.  Thanks.

#11804 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:31 AM

Would someone mind talking me into or out of Battlefront 2 (played the original) and/or Marvel: Ultimate Alliance bundle (played on the Dreamcast way back when)? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Here goes - Don’t ask strangers for advice. You’re welcome.

#11805 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2053 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:38 AM

Would someone mind talking me into or out of Battlefront 2 (played the original) and/or Marvel:  Ultimate Alliance bundle (played on the Dreamcast way back when)?  I'd appreciate any advice.  Thanks.

If you have any interest in any of the Marvel games, now would be the time to strike.  The cheapest they've been individually since launch is $20 each, so at $10 each you're getting easily the best deal they've seen and maybe even will see for some time.  At best, I'd guess maybe the same price during Black Friday or New Years.

Same goes for the bundle.  Cheapest it's been is $24, so the current price ($15) is much lower.  

It really depends on how badly you are wanting them and how much of a backlog you have to hold you over.  They've been on sale 2-3 times the past year so they'll be on sale soon enough, but will they be THIS low is the question.  Risk vs Reward here.  Personally, I'd say go for it if you plan on playing them at least by the end of the year.  If you plan to buy and play immediately, it's an absolute no brainer.

#11806 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6160 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:40 AM

Would someone mind talking me into or out of Battlefront 2 (played the original) and/or Marvel: Ultimate Alliance bundle (played on the Dreamcast way back when)? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Um, Ultimate Alliance wasn't on the Dreamcast.

#11807 Jess Stryker   Mama Said To Knock You Out CAGiversary!   4418 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Jess Stryker

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:40 AM

Was hoping the E3 sale would last one more day. Going to have to decide on Tacoma and Just Cause 3 yet.

#11808 NickNude  

NickNude

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:47 AM

Um, Ultimate Alliance wasn't on the Dreamcast.

Maybe he was thinking it was Marvel vs Capcom Alliance?   :-k

#11809 bsc11  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:51 AM

I'm confused, Saints Row Gat out of Hell is listed for xbox 1, and again listed as BC. What's going on here? And SR IV for xbox BC or SR IV Re-elected for xb1- what the heck? 

Anyway I picked up SR 1 and 2. Which other ones in this sale, BC or XB1, do my fellows recommend? 

#11810 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   635 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:57 AM

I'm confused, Saints Row Gat out of Hell is listed for xbox 1, and again listed as BC. What's going on here? And SR IV for xbox BC or SR IV Re-elected for xb1- what the heck?

Anyway I picked up SR 1 and 2. Which other ones in this sale, BC or XB1, do my fellows recommend?

Gat had both a 360 and X1 release. Both were released at the same time, so get the X1 version.

SR4 Re-elected is basically an HD remake of SR4 with all the dlc. The 360 SR4 was GWG a while back, so you may already have it.

#11811 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8339 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:02 AM

If anyone wants the Marvel Ultimate Alliance bundle, https://mixer.com/InfinitePower nicely put it up for me, and is keeping it up for a while. So grab it while you can, makes it $10 after rebate which is a great deal imo.

Edit: The MUA ports came out 2 years ago as of this July, so they're also at risk of delisting due to expiring licenses.

#11812 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11506 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:17 AM

Still waiting for it to hit EA Access and Fifa.

#11813 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:26 AM

Maybe he was thinking it was Marvel vs Capcom Alliance?   :-k

I goofed.  It was so long ago for some reason I thought it was on the Dreamcast.  I honestly can't even remember at this point if I had it for the original Xbox or the 360.

#11814 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8339 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:28 AM

Reminder, the $1 for 1 month of Game Pass deal ends in 8ish hours. Same with the 1 month of Gold.

#11815 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:29 AM

If anyone wants the Marvel Ultimate Alliance bundle, https://mixer.com/InfinitePower nicely put it up for me, and is keeping it up for a while. So grab it while you can, makes it $10 after rebate which is a great deal imo.

Edit: The MUA ports came out 2 years ago as of this July, so they're also at risk of delisting due to expiring licenses.

the $5 credit got me to pull the trigger. i'm messaging some friends to use that mixer stream to buy as well. thanks!

#11816 Sir Loinsteak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Sir Loinsteak

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:33 AM

Does it come with the dlc?

Just kidding, not even sure I want it but you talked me into it. I hope it has local co-op to play with friends or the kids.

#11817 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8339 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:36 AM

Does it come with the dlc?

Just kidding, not even sure I want it but you talked me into it. I hope it has local co-op to play with friends or the kids.

Yeah, it supports both local and online coop. And both games come with all their DLC. :bouncy:

#11818 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:46 AM

Thanks.

#11819 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13566 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:13 AM

Thanks Bobby, that was the only thing I wanted from the sale and I had been waiting on someone to put it up on stream.

#11820 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1404 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:33 AM

Anyone on here stream on Mixer ? And want to stream bloodstained ? Would be awesome!