* * * * - 15 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Monster Hunter World, Bloodstained, Mega Man Legacy, Panzer Dragoon Orta, more | GwG: Q.U.B.E. 2, Race the Sun; Dragon Age II

#11911 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:34 AM

#11912 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2597 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:41 AM

Could this be the end of GameStop if it goes through?https://www.yahoo.co...-191258136.html

Why would a private equity firm buy a company then close it? That would make no sense. They typically buy companies then gut the upper management, so is it the end of loop holes and gaming the system at GameStop? Yes potentially, but not the end of GameStop.

#11913 lakers714  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:54 AM

Funny a report just came out today that says 60%+ Still Prefer Physical over Digital 

Link: PC is obviously digital more used to digital since physical were always just keys and could never be reused or sold off like physical console games 

#11914 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11506 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:55 AM

The article makes no sense 29% PC users prefer discs lololol

#11915 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:59 AM

gross over exaggeration. i don't know why people have an issue with this....for me it is always "do you want to preorder any games?" "disc protection for X.XX?"....I say no or yes, and then proceed with check out.

I paid far less than $500 for my X1X new because of Gamestop. I don't like a lot of things they do but it is easy to avoid. Just don't be stupid.

this guy gets it

Businesses come and go. GameStop is horrible to their employees and thus I always get poor service. I hope they go under. I have more then a few disc replays around me. No need for GameStop anymore

a rather selfish attitude honestly.

#11916 lakers714  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:05 AM

The article makes no sense 29% PC users prefer discs lololol

Yeah idk who would voted  for that option its not the 90s anymore lol

#11917 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3996 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:07 AM

I picked up my current gen systems and most of my games with their many, many free spacebuck offers.   Seems like back in day you didn't even really have to try to make money hand over fist when trading.  Good ol' JP did Bloomy level work in the old thread before GS actually posted their trade values in their app or online.  Aww the good old days.  

#11918 lilytrabbit   404: Tag Not Found CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

lilytrabbit

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:10 AM

I know many people complain about how 'horrible' Gamestop is, but honestly what major corporation isn't? To think that any big company is looking out for their employees or customers is being naive. Walmart treats their employees like crap. The few people I've know that worked at Target had tons of gripes about their practices. Best Buy, same thing. Toy's R Us, yep major complaints from employees as well. Heck, even Amazon was getting dumped on the last few months for their treatment of employees.  

#11919 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3996 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:10 AM

Couple different ways to stack the walking dead. 360 is BC, then Seasons 1,2, and Michonne, then lastly the complete collection had a separate list as well.

Edit: got Ninja'd. Also forgot Michonne

I like the Walking Dead games but I don't think I could play through them a second time. If you can make it through 3 times more power to you.  

#11920 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   350 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:27 AM

Yeah idk who would voted for that option its not the 90s anymore lol

My guess would be someone with crappy download speeds or data caps. Then again the last few physical PC boxes I've seen are just download keys with no disc anyway. Maybe these people are from the 90s after all.

#11921 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2323 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:41 AM

Gamestop is wonderful. Nowhere else in the world can you spend $60 and walk away with every game system and an infinite backlog. Dead serious. I hope they're around forever

#11922 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5098 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:06 AM

Major's post - https://majornelson....publisher-sale/

#11923 Sielanas  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:37 AM

Why would a private equity firm buy a company then close it? That would make no sense. They typically buy companies then gut the upper management, so is it the end of loop holes and gaming the system at GameStop? Yes potentially, but not the end of GameStop.

See: Toys R Us and I believe iHeartRadio.

#11924 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11506 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:57 AM

4k 60fps raw direct footage of Nier that is out in a week! Can not wait!

Sadly not getting a disc release. But for $50 you get the game at 4k (probably checkeboarded) and 60fps  on the X as well as all the DLC that was released on PS4 and PC. I'm sure it will go on sale down the road but I honestly can't wait.

#11925 TruthynessStrategery  

TruthynessStrategery

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:00 AM

4k 60fps raw direct footage of Nier that is out in a week! Can not wait!

Sadly not getting a disc release. But for $50 you get the game at 4k (probably checkeboarded) and 60fps  on the X as well as all the DLC that was released on PS4 and PC. I'm sure it will go on sale down the road but I honestly can't wait.

Combining the themes of the last few posts with this one: I've been looking forward to playing this on X1X big time...but...there's not a chance I buy this digital until it's on sale for $20 or less, whereas if this was a physical release I'd be pre-ordering it & buying it at full price.

I buy plenty of games in digital format - but, only when they are *heavily* discounted. I'm far more careful about digital purchases since, in the US at least, we have essentially zero consumer protection & must rely on the "good graces" of digital storefronts for refunds on bad games. In the case of Steam, that can work out fairly well since hey have a pretty decent, iron-clad policy...but in the case of MS & Sony, not so much. MS customer service isn't too bad overall depending on whom you deal with & on what topic, but when it comes to digital refunds they make you feel like they're doing you a fuckin favor by refunding a shitty game & claim they limit "grace" refunds to "one per year". 

Combine that fact with the generally sad state of "digital sale" prices & I pretty much only buy digital games when they are ultra cheap (in which case I don't usually care so much if I get burned)...&/or if I absolutely *know* the game is awesome & a long-term keeper.

I can't tell you how many times I've read comments from tons of digital buyers who regret buying game X/Y/Z for $50-$100+ at launch & hate themselves for it, muttering "never again" on forums, etc.... My motto is: never gonna happen, period.

So, while I appreciate the "juke box" convenience of digital & do plenty of double/triple dipping on games I already own on physical once the price drops low enough (say, less than $10-$15 for a game I really like/love) - I pretty much *never* buy digital releases at anything close to full retail. Not even one as highly anticipated as Nier: Automata. Not releasing on physical seems like leaving money on the table...but, hey, more power to 'em. I'll buy it a year from now when it's cheaper. No rush.

#11926 Sielanas  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:51 PM

Combining the themes of the last few posts with this one: I've been looking forward to playing this on X1X big time...but...there's not a chance I buy this digital until it's on sale for $20 or less, whereas if this was a physical release I'd be pre-ordering it & buying it at full price.

I buy plenty of games in digital format - but, only when they are *heavily* discounted. I'm far more careful about digital purchases since, in the US at least, we have essentially zero consumer protection & must rely on the "good graces" of digital storefronts for refunds on bad games. In the case of Steam, that can work out fairly well since hey have a pretty decent, iron-clad policy...but in the case of MS & Sony, not so much. MS customer service isn't too bad overall depending on whom you deal with & on what topic, but when it comes to digital refunds they make you feel like they're doing you a fuckin favor by refunding a shitty game & claim they limit "grace" refunds to "one per year".

Combine that fact with the generally sad state of "digital sale" prices & I pretty much only buy digital games when they are ultra cheap (in which case I don't usually care so much if I get burned)...&/or if I absolutely *know* the game is awesome & a long-term keeper.

I can't tell you how many times I've read comments from tons of digital buyers who regret buying game X/Y/Z for $50-$100+ at launch & hate themselves for it, muttering "never again" on forums, etc.... My motto is: never gonna happen, period.

So, while I appreciate the "juke box" convenience of digital & do plenty of double/triple dipping on games I already own on physical once the price drops low enough (say, less than $10-$15 for a game I really like/love) - I pretty much *never* buy digital releases at anything close to full retail. Not even one as highly anticipated as Nier: Automata. Not releasing on physical seems like leaving money on the table...but, hey, more power to 'em. I'll buy it a year from now when it's cheaper. No rush.

Cool story, bro.

#11927 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6692 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:05 PM

I just bought a X1X a few days ago since it's $450 and even though I have a basic 1080p tv I really enjoy how nice some games look like Titanfall 2 and Forza 7. I'll get a 4KTV on Black Friday.

#11928 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

Lol I was about to write the same thing. Lol Some people are really weird.

Cool story, bro.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#11929 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9874 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:27 PM

Lol I was about to write the same thing. Lol Some people are really weird.

The only thing weird about that post is thinking that buying Nier: Automata is a gamble. I think it won many awards and many more hearts on PS4.

#11930 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:29 PM

The only thing weird about that post is thinking that buying Nier: Automata is a gamble. I think it won many awards and many more hearts on PS4.

I have the game on PS4 and it's amazing. I was alluding to the wierdness of the physical games are better manisfesto he posted.

#11931 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2021 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:32 PM

I agree, digital can be great but I can't pay $50-60 for a digital game, I'm barely willing to pay that much for physical games. 

It's just a shame when a game people want only gets released that way, because I'm guessing others are less likely to buy them that way, and then publishers only look at sales numbers. 

#11932 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:34 PM

I agree, digital can be great but I can't pay $50-60 for a digital game, I'm barely willing to pay that much for physical games.

It's just a shame when a game people want only gets released that way, because I'm guessing others are less likely to buy them that way, and then publishers only look at sales numbers.

Physical games are more expensive to put out. I rather people get to play games like Nier even if digital is the only way.

#11933 TruthynessStrategery  

TruthynessStrategery

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:35 PM

Cool story, bro.

lol Don't be an asshole.

#11934 TruthynessStrategery  

TruthynessStrategery

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:39 PM

I don't think it's a gamble. It's a personal call on how/what I value. Physical items hold more value for me.  If there was a physical release I'd add it to my physical collection at launch price. Since it's digital only, I value that less. Simple as that. I know that more than likely I'll like the game. But I'm willing to pay more for physical releases of games I want to keep. I could just as easily call it "weird" that many people are willing to pre-order digital games at full price knowing full well most of them suck & they'll feel ripped off & hollow inside afterwards. But, instead I just call it stupid or crazy.... (not saying you do this...but a lot of people do, which baffles the mind...).

#11935 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:42 PM

I don't think it's a gamble. It's a personal call on how/what I value. Physical items hold more value for me. If there was a physical release I'd add it to my physical collection at launch price. Since it's digital only, I value that less. Simple as that. I know that more than likely I'll like the game. But I'm willing to pay more for physical releases of games I want to keep. I could just as easily call it "weird" that many people are willing to pre-order digital games at full price knowing full well most of them suck & they'll feel ripped off & hollow inside afterwards. But, instead I just call it stupid or crazy.... (not saying you do this...but a lot of people do, which baffles the mind...).

I'm totally the opposite. Having to get up to change games, and having to take up physical space in my house decreases the value of physical. Also on the Xbox having two licenses which allows both my son and I to both play the game off one copy is like getting 2 games for one. Which greatly increases the value of digital games for me.

#11936 TruthynessStrategery  

TruthynessStrategery

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:43 PM

Yup. Your voice of sanity & kindness is reassuring & appreciated. 

On a side note: we ARE on CAG, right? People defending paying *more* for a game rather than less is always a bit of a head-scratcher on here.... 

#11937 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:48 PM

Yup. Your voice of sanity & kindness is reassuring & appreciated.

On a side note: we ARE on CAG, right? People defending paying *more* for a game rather than less is always a bit of a head-scratcher on here....

Value is dictated by the buyer. It isn't simply playing more or less.

Like I said earlier a digital game in my house on Xbox is two licenses. One that my son can play and one that I can play. That means I'm essentially paying $30 per game at release.

#11938 TruthynessStrategery  

TruthynessStrategery

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

I'm totally the opposite. Having to get up to change games, and having to take up physical space in my house decreases the value of physical. Also on the Xbox having two licenses which allows both my son and I to both play the game off one copy is like getting 2 games for one. Which greatly increases the value of digital games for me.

I don't see it as being "opposite" since I appreciate both options for their pros & cons. I have a sizable physical collection on multiple generations of consoles (& PC). And like I alluded to in my "manifesto", I also dig the juke-box convenience of digital & have amassed a 500+ digital game collection on Steam & another 400+ digital game collection on Xbox. My guess is you don't own as many digital titles as I do, so I think you're misinterpreting my point or perhaps I wasnn't entirely clear.

I'm simply more willing to pay more for physical because it's a tangible product. And I have plenty of square footage & nice storage areas for game cases to be kept nice n tidy sight unseen. ;) In any case, great that we *usually* have a choice. Gamegirlpocket alluded to it being unfortunate that, in this case, we don't. I'm more likely to buy the game on PS4 now. And then pick it up ultra cheap if/when there's a deep digital sale in a year or two.

#11939 TruthynessStrategery  

TruthynessStrategery

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:52 PM

Value is dictated by the buyer. It isn't simply playing more or less.

Like I said earlier a digital game in my house on Xbox is two licenses. One that my son can play and one that I can play. That means I'm essentially paying $30 per game at release.

Exactly my point. Thanks for agreeing with me. :) My entire point is that I personally value physical more than digital. My comment that she is a voice of sanity was referring to assholes attacking people for having a different opinion or writing a long post about it.

#11940 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:57 PM

We were making fun of the long post to argue something that doesn't need arguing. Thank you for agreeing that it was a long post. That was the joke all along. Try to keep up. Lol

Exactly my point. Thanks for agreeing with me. :) My entire point is that I personally value physical more than digital. My comment that she is a voice of sanity was referring to assholes attacking people for having a different opinion or writing a long post about it.